ImageImageImageImage

Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Re: Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition 

Post#601 » by Xatticus » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm

darthmerrick wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
darthmerrick wrote:Wow! NBA just lost any credibility they had left with how the end of that first quarter was officiated. I know a sweep is bad for business, but wow...this is worse than the 2009 ECF.

what?yeah propably thats why they helped Warriors players to stay in the game too?

I think the refs got a little more balanced as the game went along...still horribly officiated. The Dubs couldn't control their emotions.

The first quarter though, was plainly a fix. Go back and re-watch first quarter if you missed game and listened to just highlights the next dy...Cavs shot more free throws in one quarter then most teams get in an entire game, I don't want to hear they were aggressive. Richard Jefferson and Imman Shumpert were the one's getting superstar respect and taking those FT'S...and then knocking down holding Dubs players on other end -- refs were swallowing whistle. Kyrie over the back's, traveling...just made me sick as a basketball fan to watch that kind officiating. First quarter was worse than Lakers/Kings, Cavs/Magic 09'.

If you buy into Donaghy's claims in his book, this is just standard operating procedure for the NBA in extending the durations of series that generate revenue. Last year it was the Draymond suspension, which I thought was absurd. I wonder who the league's new Dick Bavettas are.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#602 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 am

Don't really like seeing Durant win and easy one, but love seeing Lebron punked 4 out of 5 games! Still think Durant could have won one with Westbrook.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#603 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Javale McGee, nba champion . 3 more and he is up there with Shaq :rofl: :rofl:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#604 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Happy for Durant. Good dude. Did anyone see Steph smoking a cigar on live TV? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
aka: prorl
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#605 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Don't really like seeing Durant win and easy one, but love seeing Lebron punked 4 out of 5 games! Still think Durant could have won one with Westbrook.

Durant was never going to win with Westbrook, that's why he left. Westbrook just does not play championship basketball. The Thunder offense of your-turn, my-turn ISO garbage was always going to hold them back.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#606 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:Don't really like seeing Durant win and easy one, but love seeing Lebron punked 4 out of 5 games! Still think Durant could have won one with Westbrook.

Durant was never going to win with Westbrook, that's why he left. Westbrook just does not play championship basketball. The Thunder offense of your-turn, my-turn ISO garbage was always going to hold them back.

I agree. That's what I've felt and thus had no issue with Durant leaving. He was with RW for what like 7 years, he knows the guy well and choose to leave him for a reason. RW also doesnt seem like the easiest guy to get along wtih either, he seems to go out of his way to act surly.
aka: prorl
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#607 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:49 pm

The issue for me was never Durant leaving, It was always the fact that he went to the team he was up 3-1 on in the western conference finals who had already won 73 games that year. If he goes to any other team like Boston, Washington, Portland, San Antonio, etc. I have no problem with it at all but the fact that it was Golden state makes it hard for me to respect.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#608 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:The issue for me was never Durant leaving, It was always the fact that he went to the team he was up 3-1 on in the western conference finals who had already won 73 games that year. If he goes to any other team like Boston, Washington, Portland, San Antonio, etc. I have no problem with it at all but the fact that it was Golden state makes it hard for me to respect.

This

Return to Orlando Magic