ImageImageImageImage

Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Re: Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition 

Post#561 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 8:11 pm

drsd wrote:
Xatticus wrote:I don't know. It's a quality of life decision to me, and I can't fault him for it.

OKC vs. San Fransisco. Really ???

Bill Simmons always called Durant "The future former Thunder."

There was no way Durant would spend his career in the OKC wasteland. I guess I just thought he would move home and Join the Wizards.

I mean guy wasn't even drafted by them but Supersonics and their filty rich owner who was to cheap to build new arena for whatever reason. He went from one of bigger markets at time to freaking OKC, team that was too cheap to add $0,8M per year to keep Harden and who was getting rid of guys like Reggie Jackson just to avoid paying them. They never did anything outside a draft to build a contender around him and Westbrook ... imo he (Westbrook) is toxic player. I think it's a grind to play with a player who will ballhog 50 possessoins every game (something that Ibaka was openly b**ing about in past ). He is type of dude who will in game 7 of nba finals with tied result and 13sec until the end pull up 38 feet fadeaway with 9 sec on shotclock because- why not. Go watch how he played last year in last 3 games vs Warriors. Him and Harden will never win rings as go to guys, they waste so many possessions doing flat out stupid stuff.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#562 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:24 am

This game feels like classic ref interference. Really doesn't feel like it's being called both ways. League desperately wants to even up this series to get it closer to 7 games.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#563 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:42 am

Bensational wrote:This game feels like classic ref interference. Really doesn't feel like it's being called both ways. League desperately wants to even up this series to get it closer to 7 games.

I just thought the same thing. They make so much money off these games. These refs are like lawyers right? They probobly give them a ratio to call in games like this to ensure a game 6.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#564 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:49 am

What a Cavs chokejob. 6+ points and a ball and they decide to rush pull up 3 after pullup 3.
Durant is bad MF
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#565 » by orlando1214 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:50 am

Refs have been bad for both sides, I hate when they take over games. I will say though, props to that ref not calling a foul on that strip on Lebron just now. It was a great play by Iguodala, but stripping Lebron at the end of the 4th seems like an automatic call by most refs regardless of contact.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#566 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:53 am

There's something quite vindicating about the Warriors pulling that one out from under LeBron and the Refaliers.

Come on Dubs, put it away in 4.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,349

Post#567 » by tooler » Thu Jun 8, 2017 4:21 am

This is going to make for some awkward moments when regular NBA teams pretend like they're competing for a championship anytime in the next 5 years.

Sure, pal. You got it.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#568 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 4:31 am

orlando1214 wrote:Refs have been bad for both sides, I hate when they take over games. I will say though, props to that ref not calling a foul on that strip on Lebron just now. It was a great play by Iguodala, but stripping Lebron at the end of the 4th seems like an automatic call by most refs regardless of contact.

Agreed. It's hard to read them.

Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#569 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 4:37 am

tooler wrote:This is going to make for some awkward moments when regular NBA teams pretend like they're competing for a championship anytime in the next 5 years.

Sure, pal. You got it.

I am calling it. Quote me forever. This is the last year quality guys flock to Lebron. Father Time hates all men. He can't do it anymore. He doesn't have enough quality role players anymore, and he can't compensate for them.

The Lebron era as we know it, is finished. Even if Carmelo went to the cavs, it's not happening. Enter new era. Shoot from 4 positions.

Draft: Markannen. Begin the new era. Biyombo could be the defensive 4? Probobly not. But scratch our other guys. You wanna win a championship? You gotta score.

Trade Evan and Ag for what you can get.

Draft dsj/monk/markannen.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#570 » by EAS Law » Thu Jun 8, 2017 4:48 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
tooler wrote:This is going to make for some awkward moments when regular NBA teams pretend like they're competing for a championship anytime in the next 5 years.

Sure, pal. You got it.

I am calling it. Quote me forever. This is the last year quality guys flock to Lebron. Father Time hates all men. He can't do it anymore. He doesn't have enough quality role players anymore, and he can't compensate for them.

The Lebron era as we know it, is finished. Even if Carmelo went to the cavs, it's not happening. Enter new era. Shoot from 4 positions.

Draft: Markannen. Begin the new era. Biyombo could be the defensive 4? Probobly not. But scratch our other guys. You wanna win a championship? You gotta score.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

Let's not get carried away. GS has four guys in the starting lineup that do WAAAAAY more than just shoot. There are two MVPs and another two AllStars on that team

It's not just about shooting. Putting two MVPs on one team, both in their prime, will net these kinds of results.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#571 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 5:04 am

Gomagic44 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

Iggy, Klay, Green,Durant. It doesn't get any more elite than that on defense. They are all so much more than just shooters.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#572 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 6:27 am

Total domination. The east is irrelevant. Time to craft our empire!

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#573 » by tiderulz » Thu Jun 8, 2017 12:05 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

Iggy, Klay, Green,Durant. It doesn't get any more elite than that on defense. They are all so much more than just shooters.

adding top role players. Iggy, Livingston, West
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#574 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:28 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

I don't see any eastern team overtaking the cavs until Lebron gets bored and signs with the Spurs or something lol
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#575 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Jun 8, 2017 3:39 pm

Zmill wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

I don't see any eastern team overtaking the cavs until Lebron gets bored and signs with the Spurs or something lol

Well now the rumors are he'll look at LAL or LAC in 2018 if he can't get it done in Clev next year. :nonono:
Do not max Vuc!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#576 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 5:29 pm

Can't wait to see Lebron and Cavs SWEPT! 1 more!
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#577 » by JF5 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 9:48 pm

Sure, pal. You got it.

Things change... This is like when we expected Miami with Lebron/Wade/Bosh to win 6-7 championships when they were even lucky to get 2.

They still have to resign Steph and Durant to the Mega max, and at the same time build a roster around them as all of their role players (Iguodala/Livingston) are expiring. Leaving Klay (Who only has 2 years left) Draymond (3 years left) with McCaw as the only rotation players left on the roster. They won't have much salary cap wise to build as strong of a rotation of role players and might have to trade one of their stars (most likely Klay) to be strong all-around and add the role players to continue to compete/compliment them. I don't think they'll be this dominate after next season as they'll be forced to make decisions.

Plus, you don't know if another team like the Celtics add a couple of stars to rival the Warriors (with all their assets).

These things are never guaranteed...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#578 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 8, 2017 9:58 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Tank next year

Get more shooters

Re-evaluate

I'm down with targeting Markkanen, but come on now, Durant, Green and Klay are all lengthy and highly capable defenders. Zaza is a hired goon. Curry is the only real defensive liability in that SL. And first man off the bench, Igoudala, is another versatile lock down defender.

You need 2-way players. Offense only gets you the Brooklyn Nets.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#579 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 8, 2017 10:00 pm

JF5 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Things change... This is like when we expected Miami with Lebron/Wade/Bosh to win 6-7 championships when they were even lucky to get 2.

They still have to resign Steph and Durant to the Mega max, and at the same time build a roster around them as all of their role players (Iguodala/Livingston) are expiring. Leaving Klay (Who only has 2 years left) Draymond (3 years left) with McCaw as the only rotation players left on the roster. They won't have much salary cap wise to build as strong of a rotation of role players and might have to trade one of their stars (most likely Klay) to be strong all-around and add the role players to continue to compete/compliment them. I don't think they'll be this dominate after next season as they'll be forced to make decisions.

Plus, you don't know if another team like the Celtics add a couple of stars to rival the Warriors (with all their assets).

These things are never guaranteed...

Very true. GSW seem to have a solid 2-3 year window of finals appearances before the cracks might start showing.

Plus, you never know what personal agendas players harbour. Maybe after a couple of 'ships Durant or Klay or Green might want to step out on their own and try to lead their own team to a title, kinda like how LeBron did with Miami?
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,349

Post#580 » by tooler » Thu Jun 8, 2017 10:26 pm

JF5 wrote:

Sure, pal. You got it.

Well, I didn't expect it. In the first year it was already clear there were issues with fit and personality, plus LeBron struggling psychologically to win his first. That's what made them interesting!

Plus they had a Big 3. This is a Big 4. There are only 5 players on the court.

They'll have no problems with a roster. Use the soft cap to re-sign the core, then fill in with rookies and veteran minimum exceptions. Vets take discounts for a chance at a ring. This is guaranteed. They'll have to turn people away.

You guys are nuts for cheering a Cavs sweep. The playoffs are going to become even more boring now. Not like we care anytime soon.

Return to Orlando Magic