ImageImageImageImage

With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select... 

Post#1941 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Skin wrote:All that said...

WT: Celtics Leaning Towards Jayson Tatum As Josh Jackson Still Declines Workout Invite :D

I'm losing hope on Isaac. Suns will take him.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#1942 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm

It's kind of funny that the Jackson people are convinced he won't fall to us. The Tatum people are convinced he won't fall to us. And the Isaac people are convinced he won't fall to us.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,391

Post#1943 » by SOUL » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Cammo101 wrote:It's kind of funny that the Jackson people are convinced he won't fall to us. The Tatum people are convinced he won't fall to us. And the Isaac people are convinced he won't fall to us.

fbeye343
Junior
And1: 81

Post#1944 » by fbeye343 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

If we take Isaac without seeing his medicals then that's a fireable offense.

Unless he has something to hide than why wouldn't he provide his medicals to teams? Seems really strange.

Givony from draftexpress says there are concerns about his foot.

Magic cannot take that risk
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#1945 » by Hogified05 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:43 pm

I think Tatum is the perfect dude for us. I also think he will be the best player in this draft in my humble useless opinion. I think the C's are going take him though. I think Jackson and Fox go next. Feels like Issac or Dennis Smith is who we will be picking between. I think Smith is just an average 6th man in the league. So I'm hoping it's Issac. With Hammond's history in Milwuakee drafting long dudes like Thon and Giannis it feels like it's going happen. Issac definitely has the potential to be great I just don't know if he has the dog in him like Tatum does. We shall see. Hoping for a minor miracle that Tatum drops. Not likely though.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#1946 » by KillMonger » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:50 pm

fbeye343 wrote:If we take Isaac without seeing his medicals then that's a fireable offense.

Unless he has something to hide than why wouldn't he provide his medicals to teams? Seems really strange.

Lakers,Celtics,Suns have his medicals he or his agent are refusing to release said medicals to teams below those teams i.e US
Orlando Tragic
Junior
And1: 87

Post#1947 » by Orlando Tragic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Hogified05 wrote:I think Tatum is the perfect dude for us. I also think he will be the best player in this draft in my humble useless opinion. I think the C's are going take him though. I think Jackson and Fox go next. Feels like Issac or Dennis Smith is who we will be picking between. I think Smith is just an average 6th man in the league. So I'm hoping it's Issac. With Hammond's history in Milwuakee drafting long dudes like Thon and Giannis it feels like it's going happen. Issac definitely has the potential to be great I just don't know if he has the dog in him like Tatum does. We shall see. Hoping for a minor miracle that Tatum drops. Not likely though.

If we get one of Tatum, Jackson or Isaac and can package #25 and move up for a shooter like Monk I will be thrilled.
fbeye343
Junior
And1: 81

Post#1948 » by fbeye343 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
fbeye343 wrote:If we take Isaac without seeing his medicals then that's a fireable offense.

Lakers,Celtics,Suns have his medicals he or his agent are refusing to release said medicals to teams below those teams i.e US

That is not correct. His medicals have not been provided to any team
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#1949 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

fbeye343 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

So which of you is correct? I heard from other posters saying the same thing. That yes they have released to only the teams he has worked out for and No, he has not released anything.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#1950 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 pm

RookieStar wrote:
fbeye343 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:Lakers,Celtics,Suns have his medicals he or his agent are refusing to release said medicals to teams below those teams i.e US

So which of you is correct? I heard from other posters saying the same thing. That yes they have released to only the teams he has worked out for and No, he has not released anything.

You don't workout a guy and not do a physical on him when he's there with your team doctors.. You think Magic didn't have their team doctors do a physical on DSJ when he came in?
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#1951 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 pm

(Let's derail this thread...)

You are spot on. It's just like running for president and not releasing your tax returns.
magicfan4life88
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#1952 » by magicfan4life88 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:

(Let's derail this thread...)

You are spot on. It's just like running for president and not releasing your tax returns.

Or deleting emails.....
MAGIC BABY!!!!!!!!!
-Magic-
-Ravens-
-Rays-
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#1953 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Read on Twitter

How badly do we want Josh Jackson? Vuc and the 6th for the 3rd? You have to consider it unless Hammond believes DSJ is our pick and is already sold on him.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: RE: Re: With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select... 

Post#1954 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 pm

fbeye343 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

Swear i read earlier that he provided medicals to the Celtics.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#1955 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
Read on Twitter

How badly do we want Josh Jackson? Vuc and the 6th for the 3rd? You have to consider it unless Hammond believes DSJ is our pick and is already sold on him.

boston wants more picks to go after PG13 or Jimmy.... its super obvious ainge is trying to scare a team into trading assets.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
dread321
Ballboy
And1: 43

Post#1956 » by dread321 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 pm

I wasn't high on DSJ at first. But the more tape I watch he really reminds me of a Baron Davis type of guy. We could use that in Orlando and I could get behind that pick.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#1957 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 pm

DSJr would be a safe pick. Having a PG with his scoring/shooting prowess and leadership out the bat will make us a better team. He will most likely come off the bench in the beginning. PG position is the hardest and longest to learn in the NBA. It's going to take time but DSJr could very well be our PG building block going forward.

The only other player I would want more is Tatum but he looks to be going before 6 and I still have my doubts about him as a scorer in the NBA and defense.

Hoping we can package the 25th and some of the 2nd to move up and get another lottery pick.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1958 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 am

If we bring our top 6 rookie off the bench because we kept some scrub on our loser team I'm gonna be so pissed.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 701

Post#1959 » by Darth Magic » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:22 am

"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#1960 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 am

dread321 wrote:I wasn't high on DSJ at first. But the more tape I watch he really reminds me of a Baron Davis type of guy. We could use that in Orlando and I could get behind that pick.

He just does all the things you want out of a PG in the modern NBA.

Return to Orlando Magic