ImageImageImageImage

Deal with Philly

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Re: Deal with Philly 

Post#201 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:But he is a free agent next summer. Now they have to decide whether or not they want to throw a max deal at him or not. And it might seem easy but he will be 29 yo... and still 5'-9" and a defensive liability. With fultz.... they might have missed out on a possible replacement. But as said.... only time will tell!

Yeah Thomas could leave but do you really expect he will. I doubt he leaves and they still have Smart as well as a bunch of assets that could get them a replacement for Thomas if he leaves but why would he. He is on a team that can already at least challenge Cleveland and has a very bright future and can also offer him more money. I think this is a win win trade and only time will tell how it fares. Yeah Fultz makes sense as a security option but if Thomas stays which is likely he could be sitting more on the bench then you would typically like for the #1 pick.

I was going mainly off of the discussion where some people are weary about Isaac being a title contending PG given his size and defensive capabilities. But for sure I can see y they would want to keep him as the guy is an offensive machine.

And as fendilim said... they might not have had a huge separation between the two players.... while fit might have come more into play for philly!

What? who was talking about Isaac. I thought we were simply talking about the trade between Philly and Boston and how each team fared and you saying that Boston missed a chance for Thomas' replacement.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Re: Deal with Philly 

Post#202 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah Thomas could leave but do you really expect he will. I doubt he leaves and they still have Smart as well as a bunch of assets that could get them a replacement for Thomas if he leaves but why would he. He is on a team that can already at least challenge Cleveland and has a very bright future and can also offer him more money. I think this is a win win trade and only time will tell how it fares. Yeah Fultz makes sense as a security option but if Thomas stays which is likely he could be sitting more on the bench then you would typically like for the #1 pick.

I was going mainly off of the discussion where some people are weary about Isaac being a title contending PG given his size and defensive capabilities. But for sure I can see y they would want to keep him as the guy is an offensive machine.

And as fendilim said... they might not have had a huge separation between the two players.... while fit might have come more into play for philly!

What? who was talking about Isaac. I thought we were simply talking about the trade between Philly and Boston and how each team fared and you saying that Boston missed a chance for Thomas' replacement.

Thomas**** was reading an article at the time. my bad
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Re: RE: Re: Deal with Philly 

Post#203 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:
T12 wrote:Philly sold the farm for Brendan Roy 2.0... Don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, Brandon Roy was pretty good and you're saying they get an even better version of him...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Nope you misread..He said Brenden Roy 2.0

T12 wrote:My Philly fan friends hate it

Well then it must be a bad trade if your Philly fan friends hate it.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#204 » by jbent87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Jameerthefear wrote:

I mean, Brandon Roy was pretty good and you're saying they get an even better version of him...

we don't hate it.
T12
Junior
And1: 159

Post#205 » by T12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Jameerthefear wrote:

yep

Return to Orlando Magic