ImageImageImageImage

Stein: Hammond to be Magic GM (updated)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,262

Re: Stein: Hammond to be Magic GM (updated) 

Post#181 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Bensational wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:This is the same guy we clowned for the Tobias trade and the Monroe signing. You can say ownership interfered, but you could say that for Hennigan too.

Eh... let me get him on the phone and ask him what he thinks of Vucevic and Fournier, then I'll let you know my opinion on him.

Seeing as though both the Raps and Milwaukee had similar players in Val and Monroe, I have a hunch that they're going to like Vuc.

Hopefully they've seen how stagnant the team has been under Vuc for the past 5 years, though, and choose not to explore that route again.

Not that he shouldn't be moved or that I wouldn't be for a change but That's an unfair statement.

What were your expectations of Nik as a throw in to the Howard trade to begin with? The first 3 years we were going to inevitably be bad and the players we've added haven't made us better. So how does that fall in Nik? We've been stagnant with every single player on this roster past and present.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,945

Post#182 » by OrlandoDream » Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:Very impressed with Weltman. Seems like a very honest guy that's been preparing for this opportunity for a long time. He didn't really tiptoe around any of the questions asked he just answered them honestly. Really interested to see the direction we go in with the draft. Isaac really feels like the pick.

Perfectly ok with Isaac but I've grown to like DSJr a lot. If there is any way we can get both, we need to do it! I haven't seen the conference yet but what signals that Isaac is our guy? I know the Giannis project comparison is uncanny but is it mere speculation at this point or do we have some concrete evidence?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#183 » by PrimeThyme » Wed May 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Big A All Day wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Very impressed with Weltman. Seems like a very honest guy that's been preparing for this opportunity for a long time. He didn't really tiptoe around any of the questions asked he just answered them honestly. Really interested to see the direction we go in with the draft. Isaac really feels like the pick.

At 6 I'm cool with that pick. His Size, Upside plus the fact he went to a FL school are all things i can get on board with.

Wish we would've got into the top 3 but what can you do i guess.

I would be good with that pick as well. I was able to watch most of his games this year since he played for FSU and I've loved what I've seen from him.

He just seems like the exact type of guy Hammond and Weltman would target. Similar skill set to Giannis.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#184 » by PrimeThyme » Wed May 24, 2017 4:09 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:

Perfectly ok with Isaac but I've grown to like DSJr a lot. If there is any way we can get both, we need to do it! I haven't seen the conference yet but what signals that Isaac is our guy? I know the Giannis project comparison is uncanny but is it mere speculation at this point or do we have some concrete evidence?

I like Dsj too. I think Dsj will be able to come in and contribute more quickly but Isaac has the more long term upside. I think the Giannis comparison is fair. Isaacs a potentially elite rebounder, shot blocker, and defender. He's not as athletic but I think he will also be a more capable shooter especially from long range.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 717

Post#185 » by Darth Magic » Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:

I like Dsj too. I think Dsj will be able to come in and contribute more quickly but Isaac has the more long term upside. I think the Giannis comparison is fair. Isaacs a potentially elite rebounder, shot blocker, and defender. He's not as athletic but I think he will also be a more capable shooter especially from long range.

I would love to trade with Minnesota and get their 7th pick to get Issac. Even if it cost us Aaron.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
OrlandoDream
General Manager

Post#186 » by OrlandoDream » Wed May 24, 2017 4:15 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:

If the MAN/HAM duo wants to start off with a bang, make every effort to acquire BOTH DSJr and Isaac. Its gonna cost but that would be a very strong building core for the future. Anybody but AG on the table.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#187 » by PrimeThyme » Wed May 24, 2017 4:18 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Perfectly ok with Isaac but I've grown to like DSJr a lot. If there is any way we can get both, we need to do it! I haven't seen the conference yet but what signals that Isaac is our guy? I know the Giannis project comparison is uncanny but is it mere speculation at this point or do we have some concrete evidence?

If the MAN/HAM duo wants to start off with a bang, make every effort to acquire BOTH DSJr and Isaac. Its gonna cost but that would be a very strong building core for the future. Anybody but AG on the table.

I agree. I mean we do have that second first rounder and two early second rounders that we could package with a Vuc or Elf to do it. I think we could put together a pretty enticing package.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,506

Post#188 » by MagicFan101 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:40 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Perfectly ok with Isaac but I've grown to like DSJr a lot. If there is any way we can get both, we need to do it! I haven't seen the conference yet but what signals that Isaac is our guy? I know the Giannis project comparison is uncanny but is it mere speculation at this point or do we have some concrete evidence?

The Knicks are interested again in Ricky Rubio for his ability to fadcilitate an offense around Porzingis. If they fail again on that deal they may be interested in the similar yet cheaper and younger Elfrid Payton.

Elf + #25 + what?

What would have to be included to grab their #8 pick should this scenario play out and we take DSJ with Isaac still on the board at #8? My guess is AG. But they would have to sweeten the pot a little in that scenario.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 717

Post#189 » by Darth Magic » Wed May 24, 2017 4:44 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

I'm right there with you. But we are not getting a lottery pick without giving up AG. or at least 2 future firsts. The question is would you rather have JI or AG.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#190 » by magicman112 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:45 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

I'd like to see that too, trade back up into the lottery and come away with two lottery picks. Good way to jumpstart things right off.
OrlandoDream
General Manager

Post#191 » by OrlandoDream » Wed May 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:I like Dsj too. I think Dsj will be able to come in and contribute more quickly but Isaac has the more long term upside. I think the Giannis comparison is fair. Isaacs a potentially elite rebounder, shot blocker, and defender. He's not as athletic but I think he will also be a more capable shooter especially from long range.

I'm right there with you. But we are not getting a lottery pick without giving up AG. or at least 2 future firsts. The question is would you rather have JI or AG.

That is rough. The way AG finished the season, he is due for a breakout year as long as he continues down the same trajectory. After all the time we have invested in AG, trading him now would not be smart unless its in a package for a star. I say stick with AG as much as I like JI.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,144

Post#192 » by The Real Dalic » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:I wouldn't put to much blame on Hammond signings in Milkwaukee.

That franchise was terrible prior to Edens purchasing the team. Just like our team now. If you expect a significant free agent to sign here this year, thats bullsit. Also, if you were an nba player who got offered the same money by the Lakers and the Bucks; would you want to play in MILWAUKEE?

I would prefer Milwaukee. L.A. is a beautiful place to visit but to expensive to live in. They also have a lot of whack jobs and fake people there. I'd rather have the quiet peaceful place of Milwaukee than going through the hell of L.A. I'm also not one that's looking for fame and fortune though. I'll be happy living my boring normal life as long as I have a decent job, a wife, and kids. Milwaukee is a better place for that stuff.

You really don't know L.A. then. It's far from beautiful. The City is covered in graffiti, trash, homeless and traffic, yet you say it's beautiful. You're contradicting yourself. If you were a player of the Lakers or Clippers, you'd live outside of LA. There are so many beautiful areas right outside of L.A. that will blow Milwaukee out of the water. If you played for the Bucks, you wouldn't necessarily live in Milwaukee, right? It's the same for the Lakers and Clips. I understand you have an opinion and preference, but what you're saying about L.A. is simply not true. Besides, there are whack jobs and fake people everywhere. Take the nightclub incident that happened in your neck of the woods for example. Does that mean Orlando is full of whack jobs? Next you'll tell us that Disneyland and Hollywood are part of L.A. :banghead:

I don't wanna go into detail about why I think there's nutjobs in L.A. because that would start a political war, I'm not getting into that. But I didn't mean whack jobs as in murderers and mentally insane, I meant views and opinions, let's just say they're not my cup of tea. It's also not close that L.A. has fake people everywhere, plastic city. But also, you still haven't answered the expensive thing, California is an awful place too live due to taxes. The rich lose nearly half of what they earn over there, no thanks. I keep what I earn. Milwaukee all day for me over Cali.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#193 » by The Real Dalic » Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm

fendilim wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:I wouldn't put to much blame on Hammond signings in Milkwaukee.

That franchise was terrible prior to Edens purchasing the team. Just like our team now. If you expect a significant free agent to sign here this year, thats bullsit. Also, if you were an nba player who got offered the same money by the Lakers and the Bucks; would you want to play in MILWAUKEE?

I would prefer Milwaukee. L.A. is a beautiful place to visit but to expensive to live in. They also have a lot of whack jobs and fake people there. I'd rather have the quiet peaceful place of Milwaukee than going through the hell of L.A. I'm also not one that's looking for fame and fortune though. I'll be happy living my boring normal life as long as I have a decent job, a wife, and kids. Milwaukee is a better place for that stuff.

Honestly, the way you describe Milwaukee, its more like somewhere players settle after they retire.

I'm 24 and want that stuff now and don't drink or do drugs or anything, my point is that not everyone is the same and wants the bright lights of New York and L.A. Even Tim Duncan would agree with me here. He lives a very boring life even though he was an NBA Superstar.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,050

Post#194 » by fendilim » Wed May 24, 2017 5:18 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I would prefer Milwaukee. L.A. is a beautiful place to visit but to expensive to live in. They also have a lot of whack jobs and fake people there. I'd rather have the quiet peaceful place of Milwaukee than going through the hell of L.A. I'm also not one that's looking for fame and fortune though. I'll be happy living my boring normal life as long as I have a decent job, a wife, and kids. Milwaukee is a better place for that stuff.

Honestly, the way you describe Milwaukee, its more like somewhere players settle after they retire.

I'm 24 and want that stuff now and don't drink or do drugs or anything, my point is that not everyone is the same and wants the bright lights of New York and L.A. Even Tim Duncan would agree with me here. He lives a very boring life even though he was an NBA Superstar.
yeah, but like how many Tim Duncans are there in the league now?

Most of these guys are really young and to be thrown that much money at them, best believe the bright lights of a big city would attract them than Milwaukee.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#195 » by The Real Dalic » Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm

fendilim wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:Honestly, the way you describe Milwaukee, its more like somewhere players settle after they retire.

Most of these guys are really young and to be thrown that much money at them, best believe the bright lights of a big city would attract them than Milwaukee.

I don't disagree with you that players in the NBA want brighter lights until they realize it's just an illusion, but you asked the posters what they would choose, I chose Milwaukee and some people won't accept that. :lol:
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,050

Post#196 » by fendilim » Wed May 24, 2017 5:26 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I'm 24 and want that stuff now and don't drink or do drugs or anything, my point is that not everyone is the same and wants the bright lights of New York and L.A. Even Tim Duncan would agree with me here. He lives a very boring life even though he was an NBA Superstar.

I don't disagree with you that players in the NBA want brighter lights until they realize it's just an illusion, but you asked the posters what they would choose, I chose Milwaukee and some people won't accept that. :lol:

Honestly. Its a matter of personal preference but i think only a few would choose Milwaukee.

Like I remember SVG on JJ's podcast. He did mention about detroit being an unattractive destination for free agents. So they decided to trade for young guys with long term contracts instead.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,857

Post#197 » by GameOver25 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
fendilim wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I would prefer Milwaukee. L.A. is a beautiful place to visit but to expensive to live in. They also have a lot of whack jobs and fake people there. I'd rather have the quiet peaceful place of Milwaukee than going through the hell of L.A. I'm also not one that's looking for fame and fortune though. I'll be happy living my boring normal life as long as I have a decent job, a wife, and kids. Milwaukee is a better place for that stuff.

Being only 24, you're definitely a rare breed in these times. I applaud you for it though.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#198 » by Perishable517 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:44 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Because Jennings was awful pick. There is no way around it. Especially because he had not one but 3 PGs drafted after him who were better than him.

None of those three point guards are difference makers. Jennings was a risky pick...a swing for the fences, so to speak. This type of pick is a Hammond trademark. You hit but you can miss, as well. Do remember, Jennings, in trade, brought in Knight (ug) and Middleton (Yay).
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#199 » by Shady Franchise » Wed May 24, 2017 5:54 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:

You really don't know L.A. then. It's far from beautiful. The City is covered in graffiti, trash, homeless and traffic, yet you say it's beautiful. You're contradicting yourself. If you were a player of the Lakers or Clippers, you'd live outside of LA. There are so many beautiful areas right outside of L.A. that will blow Milwaukee out of the water. If you played for the Bucks, you wouldn't necessarily live in Milwaukee, right? It's the same for the Lakers and Clips. I understand you have an opinion and preference, but what you're saying about L.A. is simply not true. Besides, there are whack jobs and fake people everywhere. Take the nightclub incident that happened in your neck of the woods for example. Does that mean Orlando is full of whack jobs? Next you'll tell us that Disneyland and Hollywood are part of L.A. :banghead:

I don't wanna go into detail about why I think there's nutjobs in L.A. because that would start a political war, I'm not getting into that. But I didn't mean whack jobs as in murderers and mentally insane, I meant views and opinions, let's just say they're not my cup of tea. It's also not close that L.A. has fake people everywhere, plastic city. But also, you still haven't answered the expensive thing, California is an awful place too live due to taxes. The rich lose nearly half of what they earn over there, no thanks. I keep what I earn. Milwaukee all day for me over Cali.

I didn't know I had to agree or disagree with your comment about expenses. And though I agree it is expensive to live here, the rich flock to California because you can make a boat load of it here. When you can make almost your entire contract as a player doing commercials and other advertisement/entertainment gigs, who cares if you have to pay more taxes? Since when has that "no taxes" or lower taxes argument brought Orlando or Milwaukee more free agents than L.A.? Also, Milwaukee may be a nice place to raise a family (IDK because I've never been), it's probably not that fun for the young, 20-something year old NBA player whose not even thinking about schools, or kid friendly neighborhoods. I just think the direction of your thoughts is all wrong when comparing Milwaukee to L.A. Good for you and your opinions if you choose Milwaukee over L.A. I would much rather be in L.A., but the again, I've grown up close to BIG cities my whole life, so I'm accustomed to the fast pace. I'll just end it right there.
Do not max Vuc!
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Re: RE: Re: Stein: Hammond to be Magic GM (updated) 

Post#200 » by Scottg247 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:42 pm

rusoopE wrote:
Scottg247 wrote:This has been a rough patch for us fans and for the players and coaches etc. I really hope these are the first steps to making the Magic a respectable team.

Off season possitivism i love it lol

Not really feeling very positive at all really. Been such a mess I am just hopeful for this to help. Can't say I am overly happy about the new hires. I usually am the optimistic one though lol. Just hard to be now a days.

Return to Orlando Magic