ImageImageImageImage

Mario Hezonja: Better Than A Horse (I swear)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Re: Mario Hezonja: Better Than A Horse (I swear) 

Post#61 » by Foshan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:01 am

so there is quite a range of emotions on Mario. wow.

I always wanted him in Philly to run with Dario, hoping aybe the familarity would help him (tho there is rumor they don't get along, lol)

let's say philly calls about him, what would you 'hope for' (please don't say #3 :D) what would you 'settle for' in a mario deal (please don't say #3 :D)?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#62 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 am

Foshan wrote:so there is quite a range of emotions on Mario. wow.

I always wanted him in Philly to run with Dario, hoping aybe the familarity would help him (tho there is rumor they don't get along, lol)

let's say philly calls about him, what would you 'hope for' (please don't say #3 :D) what would you 'settle for' in a mario deal (please don't say #3 :D)?

to be honest, his value is so low Orlando is just better off keeping him for 1 more year to see what happens.

If I had to trade realistically, the only viable option off the Philly roster would be Covington.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,221

Post#63 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:45 am

Actually 2 days ago in Croatian media Dario pretty much called out Hezonja and Zizic for skipping national team.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#64 » by T-Cat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Actually 2 days ago in Croatian media Dario pretty much called out Hezonja and Zizic for skipping national team.

Link?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#65 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm

T-Cat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Link?

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/razocarani-saric-poslao-poruku-onima-koji-odbijaju-reprezentaciju-ne-razumijem-ih/976430.aspx

use google translate or something

I would like to know what is Mario doing right now, because Dario said that he is going back to Philly in two days to start his workouts. That's my point all along about players playing for national team. People say they could use that time to work on their game, reality,however is that they have 3 months to work on their game BEFORE national games even start. But most of them don't have will to use their free time to improve.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#66 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Link?

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/razocarani-saric-poslao-poruku-onima-koji-odbijaju-reprezentaciju-ne-razumijem-ih/976430.aspx

I would like to know what is Mario doing right now, because Dario said that he is going back to Philly in two days to start his workouts. That's my point all along about players playing for national team. People say they could use that time to work on their game, reality,however is that they have 3 months to work on their game BEFORE national games even start. But most of them don't have will to use their free time to improve.
Mario already said he'll skip the National Team this year. There really is no point participating the team if he doesn't intend to play.

Mario also said he'll be staying in Orlando working out with NBA trainers, for the first time this offseason.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#67 » by axl_c_cool » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:00 pm

fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Link?

Mario already said he'll skip the National Team this year. There really is no point participating the team if he doesn't intend to play.

Mario also said he'll be staying in Orlando working out with NBA trainers, for the first time this offseason.

I really think it's going to pay off for him too, I have a good feeling about Mario if he's still on our team next season
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#68 » by mr2good » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:
fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/razocarani-saric-poslao-poruku-onima-koji-odbijaju-reprezentaciju-ne-razumijem-ih/976430.aspx

I really think it's going to pay off for him too, I have a good feeling about Mario if he's still on our team next season

Yes, we need him for the first time in his career to focus on the NBA game and not ride the bench on his national team. Bottom line is switch things up if it's not working and hopefully Forcier can work a little magic with him.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 725

Post#69 » by CZ Eddie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm

That was a great article. Best I've read in a long time. Kudo's to the author and I hope he writes about some of our other players as well.
Keep your politics out of my sports
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#70 » by Skin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

This is the first thing Mario has done that I've liked.

Giving his coach on his national team a big middle finger for not getting him more involved in the past.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#71 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Giving his coach on his national team a big middle finger for not getting him more involved in the past.

Umm how about showing that he is capable of handling bigger role first? You can't give him bigger role when he can't handle it. It's like giving Biyombo more usage.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#72 » by Skin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Umm how about showing that he is capable of handling bigger role first? You can't give him bigger role when he can't handle it. It's like giving Biyombo more usage.

How many of his teammates got drafted into the NBA? Any among the Top 5 picks?

He has better talent and better professional credentials than his fellow countrymen but the Croatian team is so hung up on playing their undeserving veterans because well... their older? They don't like being shown up by the younger guys? They need to put him in place first? He needs to earn it off the court first?

Tell me... why is this? When Mario plays well for them, why do they sit him? I'm glad he's giving them the middle finger.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#73 » by axl_c_cool » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Great job Dashnus!
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#74 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 am

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:This is the first thing Mario has done that I've liked.

He has better talent and better professional credentials than his fellow countrymen but the Croatian team is so hung up on playing their undeserving veterans because well... their older? They don't like being shown up by the younger guys? They need to put him in place first? He needs to earn it off the court first?

Tell me... why is this? When Mario plays well for them, why do they sit him? I'm glad he's giving them the middle finger.

So, by default Bennett should be more important to Canada than Corey JOseph because he was drafted higher?
He doesn't have better ,greater talent. Period. He is guy who has putrid basketball IQ, makes wrong basketball decisions all the time and most of time can't do anything else but shoot, and even that is question mark sinc he was shooting like 28% for 3 on qualify tournament and below that in nba in his second year.
Šarić literally put himself as second best player on that roster- because he is second best player on that roster- at age of 20. Simple as that. Because on each and every stage he proved to be capable of doing it. Last time Mario played as pivotal option on his team was when he was 13 years old on Eurobasket for kids.

Why they sit him when he plays well? When da hell he played well? In 3 years playing for national team he had grand total of 1 good game. Matter of fact you can make strong argument that he only gets playing time based on his "untapped talen", not because he actually ever show something to make you belive that he can be good.

Just look at his stats in nba last year. ranked in bottom 5 by TS in whole league. Offensive box plus minuso f -4,8, defensive -1,0. Shoots 25% from corner 3s . 58 turnovers to 62 assists. He is simply bad basketball player. Common sense in Croatia is that he won't be able to play on any better Euroleague team if (and when ) he comes back to Europe. He is simply bad.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,583

Re: RE: Re: Mario Hezonja: Better Than A Horse (I swear) 

Post#75 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 am

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:This is the first thing Mario has done that I've liked.

What a ridiculous post. Just because u were drafted by nba team, doesnt make u the better player. Especially when you are a bust.

Sent from my SM-A510F using RealGM mobile app
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,532

Post#76 » by Furinkazan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:04 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

What a ridiculous post. Just because u were drafted by nba team, doesnt make u the better player. Especially when you are a bust.

Sent from my SM-A510F using RealGM mobile app

my my let me show you out
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,583

Post#77 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:my my let me show you out

Hay, its not my intent to troll. I am just saying, just because player wasn't drafted or was drafted and never came, doesn't mean he didn't grow into a good player. Its just arrogant and dumb from NBA fan to think that any NBA player by default is better just because.
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#78 » by Flannerz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm

fendilim wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Link?

That's encouraging, he's giving himself the best chance to succeed next season. Tbh I don't give a sh*t about his national team :D
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#79 » by Jameerthefear » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Mario sucks but he still should be devoting every minute of his time right now to his NBA career because that's the thing that's in jeopardy. If it makes a few Croatians mad then so be it, if he's so bad they don't need him anyways.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 892

Post#80 » by Bakomagic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:50 pm

They need him so he can stand in the corner while bogdanovich can dribble for 20seconds before shooting a 26 foot fadeaway!

Return to Orlando Magic