ImageImageImageImage

NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 4: Orlando Magic offseason preview

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 am

Hey fellas!

I have launched a new podcast called NBA Front Office. The goal is to cover all things roster building, salary cap, CBA, transactions and the like. The 4th episode just posted and Philip Rossman-Reich of Orlando Magic Daily joined me to preview the Orlando offseason.

You can listen below or find the show on your favorite podcast player.

https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-front-office-ep-4-orlando-magic-offseason-preview-with-philip-rossman-reich/

I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts!

Thanks!

Smitty
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 4: Orlando Magic offseason preview 

Post#2 » by Darth Magic » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 am

Smitty731 wrote:Hey fellas!

I have launched a new podcast called NBA Front Office. The goal is to cover all things roster building, salary cap, CBA, transactions and the like. The 4th episode just posted and Philip Rossman-Reich of Orlando Magic Daily joined me to preview the Orlando offseason.

You can listen below or find the show on your favorite podcast player.

https://www.almightyballer.com/nba-front-office-ep-4-orlando-magic-offseason-preview-with-philip-rossman-reich/

I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts!

Thanks!

Smitty

Great stuff. Listening now
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#3 » by fendilim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:41 am

Will listen to it. I look forward to listening to Keith's podcast, very informative.

Seeing Philip Rossman Reich as the guest though, I hope Keith makes him more bearable to listen. Really annoyed by this guy, he is a fan with a voice, thats it, nothing informative and all he says are obvious. /rant sorry had to rant.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#4 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 am

I'll listen to it tonight smitty, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Furinkazan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 am

Nothing to listen there.Just another fan with opinion like we all are.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#6 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:Nothing to listen there.Just another fan with opinion like we all are.

And I still listen to you all as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#7 » by cedric76 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:45 am

Nice one

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,637

Post#8 » by SOUL » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:Nothing to listen there.Just another fan with opinion like we all are.

C'mon dude. Pretty disrespectful to somebody providing free content, even if you don't like it or didn't get anything out of it. It's just some Magic related content, which let's be honest, is rarely covered, and if it is... with horrible accuracy or just general incompetence.

(I'll try to check it out tomorrow, been busy lately!)
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,016

Re: RE: Re: NBA Front Office Podcast Episode 4: Orlando Magic offseason preview 

Post#9 » by KillMonger » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am

SOUL wrote:

C'mon dude. Pretty disrespectful to somebody providing free content, even if you don't like it or didn't get anything out of it. It's just some Magic related content, which let's be honest, is rarely covered, and if it is... with horrible accuracy or just general incompetence.

(I'll try to check it out tomorrow, been busy lately!)

+1000

Sent from my expensive phone using my hands
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#10 » by Xatticus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 am

fendilim wrote:Will listen to it. I look forward to listening to Keith's podcast, very informative.

Seeing Philip Rossman Reich as the guest though, I hope Keith makes him more bearable to listen. Really annoyed by this guy, he is a fan with a voice, thats it, nothing informative and all he says are obvious. /rant sorry had to rant.

He's young. I think he has a lot of potential. He repeats himself a lot in his articles, which makes it feel like you are reading more filler than substance, but I always appreciate content from people that actually follow our team. The national media seldom have anything more than a cursory appreciation for the goings on of the Magic.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks for listening fellas!

On Philip, I will say this: no one works harder covering the Magic than he does. Especially for someone who isn't a full time employee of an outlet to do so. The guy kills himself to provide true daily Magic coverage and sacrifices a lot to do it. Sometimes there just isn't much in the news cycle, so it can get a little repetitive or be a reach. But Philip is on of the hardest working guys I know. And one of the absolute nicest people you can ever meet around the NBA.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#12 » by Darth Magic » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Thanks for listening fellas!

On Philip, I will say this: no one works harder covering the Magic than he does. Especially for someone who isn't a full time employee of an outlet to do so. The guy kills himself to provide true daily Magic coverage and sacrifices a lot to do it. Sometimes there just isn't much in the news cycle, so it can get a little repetitive or be a reach. But Philip is on of the hardest working guys I know. And one of the absolute nicest people you can ever meet around the NBA.

I certainly appreciate his efforts.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#13 » by Versubio » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks for the coverage! Both Philip and Keith do a great job.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#14 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 pm

I personally enjoyed your Podcast - hope you keep doing more especially when summer league starts.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Smitty731 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:

I personally enjoyed your Podcast - hope you keep doing more especially when summer league starts.

Somewhere between 4 and 5 new episodes should drop this weekend! Each focused on a different team's offseason.

And I highly encourage listening to the interview I did with Pete Philo for Episode 2. He was the director of scouting for Minnesota and Indiana and has had an amazing career in the front office.
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#16 » by mr2good » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Absolutely inaccurate, it was a good listen.

Return to Orlando Magic