ImageImageImageImage

Welcome Wesley Iwundu

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Re: Welcome Wesley Iwundu 

Post#41 » by mr2good » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:29 pm

It will be refreshing if he can handle some of the PnR ball handling for the second unit so we can park DJ in the corner 3 as a spot up shooter.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#42 » by nymets1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 am

It's way too much to ask Iwundu to be a starting PG right away, but can Iwundu play say 10 minutes per game at the PG spot? i don't see why not. Summer League and even preseason we should give Iwundu a lot of playing time at PG but no more than like 10 minutes per game at the start of the regular season unless its a blow out game.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#43 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:28 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:What pisses me off on this forum is how hostile it gets to a people who don't agree with "common sense". Example, if you go back and read Jeff Green- to Magic thread, Blue Balls and Xatticus were pretty much only people who hated it. Naturally, lot of people who feel a need to defend player just because he plays for Magic jumped of them. One moderator whose name I will not mention (starts on S, 4 letters) said that Jeff Green and Harris are "copy past same players".

And ofc our expert for positions PennyToShaq also said "Some of you guys think so black and white. Saying Green should "play the 4" or we already have Vuc so Ibaka won't play 5 is just not even close to being in line with what the Magic are doing. And the funny thing is Rob explains what we are doing and people still don't get it."

Segway to this topic- literally nobody, me included even knew who this guy is until Magic drafted him 8 hours ago, now people already saying how he is great player and can play few positions in nba. Guy is 22, soon to be 23 years old rookie who needed 4 years to become contributor at college level. Just because Magic drafted him it doesn't make him good. It makes him prospect with low floor and low ceiling.

Not sure why you are calling me out unless you are still sour about the draft last night. What you quoted that I said was correct in that the Magic should have done those things, and they pivoted to that exact thing too late in the season. And then Ibaka goes to TOR and plays the 5. So, you have no real point except a weak attempt to instigate arguments.

And speaking of that, I read the Pinstriped post last night after you said everyone hated Isaac there. Half the rage posts were made by some guy named Petar Gualin who posts in the exact same manner as you, and most likely is you. So essentially you went from board to board spamming your opinion over and over. Maybe you should relax and get over yourself just a little.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people who like this pick. Nothing. Your zeal to attack everything the Magic do and attack posters who want to give these guys a chance before declaring them bad is highly annoying.

I pointed out how this forum works. You get jumped on if you don't agree with majority, than later, if you turned out to be right it doesn't mean anything because majority "fades" and acts like they had diffent opinion from a start. Same people who were making Harris- Jeff Green comparison , few months later were talking how Jeff should be shut down for a year and how he is worst Magic signing in years. I understand it's a forum but it's such an toxic and hostile environment. Let's be clear. Why SOUL and Payton hugger hate me? Literally only because i don't like their favorite player.Why me and you don't get along ? Because i belive Isaac is PF in nba. You think he will be SF. I don't see it. That's internet in nutshell.

If you go back and read comments about Zimmerman, Jason Smith, or even CJ Wilcox people were acting like Magic signed Durant and Lebron. How about being objective and at least own your opinion from day one until that player leaves ? But nop. It's overreaction-overhype of everything on start, to trash him all the way out of a team .
On pinstripe people at least own what they said in past. Here? Nop , it's like bunch 15 years old kids having arguments.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#44 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:28 am

pepe1991 wrote:What pisses me off on this forum is how hostile it gets to a people who don't agree with "common sense". Example, if you go back and read Jeff Green- to Magic thread, Blue Balls and Xatticus were pretty much only people who hated it. Naturally, lot of people who feel a need to defend player just because he plays for Magic jumped of them. One moderator whose name I will not mention (starts on S, 4 letters) said that Jeff Green and Harris are "copy past same players".

And ofc our expert for positions PennyToShaq also said "Some of you guys think so black and white. Saying Green should "play the 4" or we already have Vuc so Ibaka won't play 5 is just not even close to being in line with what the Magic are doing. And the funny thing is Rob explains what we are doing and people still don't get it."

Segway to this topic- literally nobody, me included even knew who this guy is until Magic drafted him 8 hours ago, now people already saying how he is great player and can play few positions in nba. Guy is 22, soon to be 23 years old rookie who needed 4 years to become contributor at college level. Just because Magic drafted him it doesn't make him good. It makes him prospect with low floor and low ceiling.

Sorry some people didnt foresee our coach who had been heralded for player development playing Green more minutes than Gordon for half of the season and even starting him over Gordon for a portion of the season as well. Or foresee that Mario wouldn't see the floor because of him and that Gordon wouldnt see the floor in the fourth either. None of us envisioned jeff green getting the role for most of the season that he did.

You have to get off your high horse man. I know you enjoy throwing out your statistics without any type of context and feel like a god because of it but this almighty attitude gets old. Alot of us enjoy supporting the young guys we draft and not condemning them because 21 and 22 year olds havent fully developed.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#45 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:57 am

PrimeShaq wrote:

Sorry some people didnt foresee our coach who had been heralded for player development playing Green more minutes than Gordon for half of the season and even starting him over Gordon for a portion of the season as well. Or foresee that Mario wouldn't see the floor because of him and that Gordon wouldnt see the floor in the fourth either. None of us envisioned jeff green getting the role for most of the season that he did.

You have to get off your high horse man. I know you enjoy throwing out your statistics without any type of context and feel like a god because of it but this almighty attitude gets old. Alot of us enjoy supporting the young guys we draft and not condemning them because 21 and 22 year olds havent fully developed.

Jeff Green by himself, was bad player before last year. You can make a strong argument that he was bad player whole his career. Some people like him because he survived heart surgery and i'll give him props for that but as his on court contribution, he was always high usage , low efficiency guy who had athletic tools but never could defend or shoot well enough.

"My" stats have context ,at least context that matters. But here it doesn't matter. Everybody have their angle and agenda that they push.
btw i don't really belive in huge development. I find guys who aquire new skills during their careers outliners and most players are what they are after 2-3 full nba seasons.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#46 » by drsd » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:47 am

Landshark wrote:Maybe he can become a Lance Stephenson type? I'm concerned with his strength, especially since he's already 22 and has less room to develop.

If Iwundu is a practice squad guy this year, that in a couple years developed to a rotational bench player, this is a good pick.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#47 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:12 pm

PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#48 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Solid Snake wrote:

Love these videos. Much better than just highlights.

He is a fairly complete player for a rookie, which is good since he is 22. Needs to work on finishing at the rim, getting a midrange shot going and extending his range. His defense can get lazy, but he has the ability to fight through screens. His size will help there too.

Excellent court vision, dribble is a little high, but the ball never sticks in his hands which I really like.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Welcome Wesley Iwundu 

Post#49 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:05 pm

fendilim wrote:Tony snell

He's already a better ball handler than snell and better in transition hands down.

He's also relentless attacking the basket and has better size imo. At least it looks like he does.

Nyce_1 wrote:Iwundu is a better/bigger Marble; and like Marble, he'll have to prove he can shoot it. Devyn couldn't and is now overseas.

Iwindu is more athletic than marble and imo a better defender. He was one of my later picks all season because o just love his "heart and hustle" on defense. Imo the Marble comparisons are off base... I hope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#50 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
fendilim wrote:Tony snell

He's already a better ball handler than snell and better in transition hands down.

He's also relentless attacking the basket and has better size imo. At least it looks like he does.

Nyce_1 wrote:Iwundu is a better/bigger Marble; and like Marble, he'll have to prove he can shoot it. Devyn couldn't and is now overseas.

Iwindu is more athletic than marble and imo a better defender. He was one of my later picks all season because o just love his "heart and hustle" on defense. Imo the Marble comparisons are off base... I hope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

I agree. Athletically, he is solid and plays good defense. He could end up a rotation player sooner than later.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Jaxfann
Senior
And1: 41

Post#51 » by Jaxfann » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:02 am

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Not sure why you are calling me out unless you are still sour about the draft last night. What you quoted that I said was correct in that the Magic should have done those things, and they pivoted to that exact thing too late in the season. And then Ibaka goes to TOR and plays the 5. So, you have no real point except a weak attempt to instigate arguments.

And speaking of that, I read the Pinstriped post last night after you said everyone hated Isaac there. Half the rage posts were made by some guy named Petar Gualin who posts in the exact same manner as you, and most likely is you. So essentially you went from board to board spamming your opinion over and over. Maybe you should relax and get over yourself just a little.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people who like this pick. Nothing. Your zeal to attack everything the Magic do and attack posters who want to give these guys a chance before declaring them bad is highly annoying.

I pointed out how this forum works. You get jumped on if you don't agree with majority, than later, if you turned out to be right it doesn't mean anything because majority "fades" and acts like they had diffent opinion from a start. Same people who were making Harris- Jeff Green comparison , few months later were talking how Jeff should be shut down for a year and how he is worst Magic signing in years. I understand it's a forum but it's such an toxic and hostile environment. Let's be clear. Why SOUL and Payton hugger hate me? Literally only because i don't like their favorite player.Why me and you don't get along ? Because i belive Isaac is PF in nba. You think he will be SF. I don't see it. That's internet in nutshell.

If you go back and read comments about Zimmerman, Jason Smith, or even CJ Wilcox people were acting like Magic signed Durant and Lebron. How about being objective and at least own your opinion from day one until that player leaves ? But nop. It's overreaction-overhype of everything on start, to trash him all the way out of a team .
On pinstripe people at least own what they said in past. Here? Nop , it's like bunch 15 years old kids having arguments.

Pepe - my experience has been that "Pinstripe" is a much more toxic/hostile environment particularly with three or four frequent posters that clog the discussions with mainly negative, statistical meaningless crap. I haven't noticed many owning their past misjudgments although we all make them. Overall this is a more mature and reasoned experience in my opinion.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#52 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 am

Let's see what happens with Wesley Iwundu. I think he will be on the 15 man roster.

The two-way deals are likely to be undrafted players or low 2nds who need a lot of development and will not have much of a chance at a regular call up since the money is a lot less as a two-way player.

I am liking this pick although I still would have gone with Evans.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,350

Post#53 » by Knightro » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Let's see what happens with Wesley Iwundu. I think he will be on the 15 man roster.

The two-way deals are likely to be undrafted players or low 2nds who need a lot of development and will not have much of a chance at a regular call up since the money is a lot less as a two-way player.

Unless he's just god awful in Summer League and in camp, I don't see any way he's not on the roster. The Magic only have 9 guaranteed contracts at the moment. That leaves 6 open roster spots and 2 two-way slots.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#54 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Weltman said that he liked Iwundu before coming to Orlando. He also said that Lloyd really liked him as well. Lloyd got him in for another workout and it was highly impressive. Good sign that all these guys really like him.

http://od-cmg.streamguys1.com/orlando/orl580/scottanez/u2017062319011634483.mp3
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#55 » by drsd » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Knightro wrote:The Magic only have 9 guaranteed contracts at the moment. That leaves 6 open roster spots and 2 two-way slots.

I kind of expect either Garino or Georges-Hunt to make the roster. Add to that a perhaps probable resigning of Meeks, the Magic has a depth chart that currently resembles something like:

Payton/Augustin
Ross/Meeks/Georges-Hunt
Fournier/Isaac/Iwundu
Gordon/Hezonja
Vučević/Biyombo/Zimmerman

The Magic is obliged to carry a 14 man roster, meaning that a 3rd string PG could alone fill out the roster. I would expect more. But the actual job of completing the roster is not that tricky for the Magic's management.

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#56 » by Xatticus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Howard Mass wrote:Let's see what happens with Wesley Iwundu. I think he will be on the 15 man roster.

Yeah. I would've been ready to attack the top undrafted players with those new two-way contracts immediately after the draft ended. It will be very interesting to see who is willing to sign on for the two-way contracts.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#57 » by nymets1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:00 pm

I seriously hope the Magic are not considering using Iwundu as one of the 2(2 way players). Iwundu should be easily be inside our top 15 man roster. There's no way Iwundu is our 16th or 17th man on our roster. Right now Iwundu is easily one of the top 10 best players on our team.

Definitely give one of the 2 way contracts to Oriol Pauli and somebody else from our summer league team or that we get in free agency or trade.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#58 » by basketballRob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Iwundu changed his shot two years ago and has got better and better. Maybe they struck gold with him and his new shot hasn't peaked yet.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#59 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:03 pm

nymets1 wrote:

I seriously hope the Magic are not considering using Iwundu as one of the 2(2 way players). Iwundu should be easily be inside our top 15 man roster. There's no way Iwundu is our 16th or 17th man on our roster. Right now Iwundu is easily one of the top 10 best players on our team.

Definitely give one of the 2 way contracts to Oriol Pauli and somebody else from our summer league team or that we get in free agency or trade.

No question about it.

The two-way players also have to give up getting called up to the main roster which is another reason it is likely to be undrafted or summer league players although some late 2nds could be.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#60 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Xatticus wrote:

Yeah. I would've been ready to attack the top undrafted players with those new two-way contracts immediately after the draft ended. It will be very interesting to see who is willing to sign on for the two-way contracts.

So far, it's been undrafted players like I thought.

Those players have to give up getting called up to the 15 roster and the possibility of more money.

I think The Magic are active in looking for players and we will start hearing something within the next month.

Return to Orlando Magic