ImageImageImageImage

"Grand Prize" for Summer FA?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Re: "Grand Prize" for Summer FA? 

Post#101 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 am

I am not interested in paying $12 plus mil for an aging Iggy.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#102 » by Furinkazan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:55 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I am not interested in paying $12 plus mil for an aging Iggy.

reports said 12 he will get by staying in GS ...
but coming here it would cost us propably close to 20 :crazy: :nonono:

but I guess thats the general direction on our FA.Signing a vet and the better name of a vet the more of a success/mission accomplished they will try to sell it as.Id rather go all young route try sign players like Simmons/McLemore and find one cheaper vet.
I mean I know vet pressence is importand but paying around 20 mil to Iggy(and propably long contract)just so he could be the cool uncle in the lockeroom ?CJ Watson is doing the same for 5 mil tho CJ watson isnt an NBA champ.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#103 » by drsd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:

but coming here it would cost us propably close to 20

It would seem that Iguodala needs a Jeff-Green-type contract to sign here, given that is would end his career. If Fournier's deal was shipped off, then 2-years a 36 million is about what I think would be required for Iguodala to train Isaac. That is a lot of coin.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#104 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 pm

I don't expect Andre to change a team. He doesn't look like somebody who is only focused on money. I remember when he signed with Warriors he was driving his Audi A6 ( good but not top tear car ), on internet you can find his houses, great cribs but nothing Super luxurious for basketball player and honestlly i'm not sure would he be as valuable for other teams as he is for Warriors.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#105 » by Furinkazan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 pm

drsd wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:

It would seem that Iguodala needs a Jeff-Green-type contract to sign here, given that is would end his career. If Fournier's deal was shipped off, then 2-years a 36 million is about what I think would be required for Iguodala to train Isaac. That is a lot of coin.

If Im Iggy Id push for at least 3 year deal which is a big nono but I guess thats the only bargain point teams like ours have.
Where would you rather be?In GS for 1-2 years on a 12 mil a year deal or 15+mil in Orl for the same ammount of time.
You need to either up your offer to 20+ or add years its your only bargaining chip.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#106 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:

but coming here it would cost us propably close to 20 :crazy: :nonono:

but I guess thats the general direction on our FA.Signing a vet and the better name of a vet the more of a success/mission accomplished they will try to sell it as.Id rather go all young route try sign players like Simmons/McLemore and find one cheaper vet.
I mean I know vet pressence is importand but paying around 20 mil to Iggy(and propably long contract)just so he could be the cool uncle in the lockeroom ?CJ Watson is doing the same for 5 mil tho CJ watson isnt an NBA champ.

Iggy is already a part time player. Old Uncles are not worth $20 mil unless it is a one year contract.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#107 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm

drsd wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:

Or Biz contract shipped off. At least Fournier is much more productive than Biz.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM

Post#108 » by drsd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:If Im Iggy Id push for at least 3 year deal which is a big nono but I guess thats the only bargain point teams like ours have.
Where would you rather be?In GS for 1-2 years on a 12 mil a year deal or 15+mil in Orl for the same ammount of time.
You need to either up your offer to 20+ or add years its your only bargaining chip.

This is really something like a 3-year 60M deal. It stretches what Orlando could do, but it is certainly something Iguodala would need to accept.

It is bold.

drsd
RealGM

Post#109 » by drsd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:03 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Or Biz contract shipped off.

For me Fournier is more tradable.

At least Fournier is much more productive than Biz.

And this examines why.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#110 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 pm

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Or Biz contract shipped off.

For me Fournier is more tradable.

At least Fournier is much more productive than Biz.

And this examines why.

I think an overpayed backup center will hurt this teams long term chances in free agency and salary cap repurcussions. Perhaps, we can package them both!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Post#111 » by anothermagicfan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:43 pm

JAY DASH wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:It's pretty obvious that we're not going to make a big splash because we're still not a desirable destination. Our biggest weakness last year imo was a small forward and the backup point guard. Isaac fills the 3. If we can't land big stars we need to start filling in the roster with good solid vets from winning cultures. It might take a little extra money to pry away and we may already have some depth at the point guard so it may not be a popular idea but my grand prize is getting Patty Mills. We can always try to move dj later on. I can see Mills hoping for a chance to win the starting job so maybe we could get him but I'm not very confident. I'd be happy getting through free agency without wasting a bunch of money on Jeff green type of contracts.

Feels like Patty Mills stock went down in the playoffs. When Parker went down, Patty didn't look very good in a starting role at all. To the point where Murray seemingly ended up getting more run than him.

I'm not concerned with mills as a starter. I am a big supporter of elfrid. I think mills would bring a lot more to the table than dj or cj and I don't think he commands an outrageous salary. But I could always be wrong.
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#112 » by JAY DASH » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 pm

anothermagicfan wrote:
JAY DASH wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:It's pretty obvious that we're not going to make a big splash because we're still not a desirable destination. Our biggest weakness last year imo was a small forward and the backup point guard. Isaac fills the 3. If we can't land big stars we need to start filling in the roster with good solid vets from winning cultures. It might take a little extra money to pry away and we may already have some depth at the point guard so it may not be a popular idea but my grand prize is getting Patty Mills. We can always try to move dj later on. I can see Mills hoping for a chance to win the starting job so maybe we could get him but I'm not very confident. I'd be happy getting through free agency without wasting a bunch of money on Jeff green type of contracts.

Feels like Patty Mills stock went down in the playoffs. When Parker went down, Patty didn't look very good in a starting role at all. To the point where Murray seemingly ended up getting more run than him.

I'm not concerned with mills as a starter. I am a big supporter of elfrid. I think mills would bring a lot more to the table than dj or cj and I don't think he commands an outrageous salary. But I could always be wrong.

I agree with you. Patty will probably be in that 11-13 Million/year range. There's other PG's out there for teams trying to sign a starter. I wouldn't be opposed to Patty off the bench on a 3 year deal. I think the Hawks may have the same idea but who knows what they do roster wise if they do indeed trade Millsap.
drsd
RealGM

Post#113 » by drsd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Perhaps, we can package them both!!!

If the Magic want to flip Fournier and Biyombo away, this is a salary dump and would require a Magic first to be off-loaded. I cannot see that occurrence as a reality.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#114 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:40 pm

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Perhaps, we can package them both!!!

If the Magic want to flip Fournier and Biyombo away, this is a salary dump and would require a Magic first to be off-loaded. I cannot see that occurrence as a reality.

Maybe, to get rid of Biz would require a 1st, but at least Fournier has value.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#115 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:06 am

OrlandoDream wrote:Patty Mills would be a pretty perfect fit here. Move some unnecessary contracts to make it happen.

Yeah i like Patty Mills but I would rather just wait and see if we can't attract a bigger name in a year or two. He is a good PG but I don't think he is the answer we need. It would take a large multi-year deal and I don't want to commit to those kind of contracts this year. I would much rather preserve as much space as we can for the future when spending big will actually be a better idea.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 

Post#116 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Rob's parting gift

I just want to get rid of DJ. I can live with Biz starting.

For me personally, I can deal with DJ's $7mil over paying Biz's whopping $17 mil!

You know, im really down on DJ. He does nothing to help us and I think his production at 7M is worse than Biz's production at 17M (he does more with starters, or a better bench around him). Dont get me wrong, i hate that 17 cap hold, but at least he CAN be useful for us. I dont have any hope in DJ and he's entering Duhon-level hate from me.

If he's back, i hope he has a better year.

Yeah not mention Biyombo will also be a lot harder to trade Augustin won't be easy either but It is a lot lower so it could be used as filler to match up salaries but not a popular guy to put in as filler.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#117 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:17 am

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:If the Magic can dump Biz and DJ, they could be solid players in Free Agency.

Or Fournier.

Andre Iguodala has become the foremost target in an attempt to weaken the Golden State Warriors' choke hold on the NBA, league sources have told ESPN.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets and Utah Jazz are among the teams interested in the 2015 NBA Finals MVP, sources tell ESPN.

If the Magic can turn Fournier into Iguodala, the Magic could start as:

Payton/Augustin
Ross/Meeks/Georges-Hunt
Iguodala/Isaac/Iwundu
Gordon/Hezonja
Vučević/Biyombo/Zimmerman

Only a 3rd string PG keeps this from being a competent team.

Yeah I would pas on Iggy. Just like Fournier I don't want his contract on the books and it could be more expensive to get Iggy. We would probably have to move a lot of money to even sign him. Would rather just move salary out and go for one year deals and preserve cap space for next year or the year after. I also don't think Iggy makes us that much better and puts us just in the middle of the pack and miss out on getting another good rookie to pair with Isaac.
anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Post#118 » by anothermagicfan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:48 am

JAY DASH wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:
JAY DASH wrote:

I agree with you. Patty will probably be in that 11-13 Million/year range. There's other PG's out there for teams trying to sign a starter. I wouldn't be opposed to Patty off the bench on a 3 year deal. I think the Hawks may have the same idea but who knows what they do roster wise if they do indeed trade Millsap.

Yeah I just don't think there's a single player or group of players that we could sign that would make us much better. We're stuck in the small market building through the draft to find a superstar. Maybe ag or ep or Isaac will block into that player. Until someone steps up and we start to win games the free agent conversation is just a wish list that isn't a reality.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#119 » by nymets1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:39 pm

I can't copy and paste with the computers I have access to right now BUT there's an article on 16winsaring.com and the article is headlined- 5 Free Agents Targets for the Magic

1.Tyreke Evans
2.PJ Tucker
3.Shaun Livingston
4.MIchael Beasley
5.Kyle Korver

Solid options but no more than $3 million for any of them.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#120 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:00 am

If we could flip Fournier for Iggy - they need to do that. Great work ethic and now a 2x championship work ethic. Could start for us, mentor Issac, Iwundu, and Gordon (and whoever we get next year in the lotto), and allow Ross to start at his natural SG position. He'd have to be OK with not winning, though, which might be difficult after playing on one of the best teams ever assembled but maybe the lure of starting again could help.

I like:

Elf/DJ/Iwundu
Ross/Hezo/Iwundu
Iggy/Isaac
Gordon/Isaac
Vuc/Biz

Return to Orlando Magic