ImageImageImageImage

"Grand Prize" for Summer FA?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Re: "Grand Prize" for Summer FA? 

Post#161 » by anothermagicfan » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:43 am

tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:With most of the better players already signed and us making no moves yet what about going after deron williams. He's 33 so how much money can he command? We'd obviously have to offer more than say the cavs to get him but he might be willing to give up the chance for a ring to go make more money and compete for the starting job...and definitely an upgrade over dj

Williams was trash. No interest in him. Not sure he is an upgrade on DJ at this point

He's not what he once was. That's a given. He is an experienced player that was at one point for several years in the conversation of one of the best point gaurds in the league. I think he would potentially be a good veteran teacher for elf and the other young guys. He probably won't come here nor do I have any clue if there is interest from orlando. He is still definitely an upgrade over dj
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#162 » by tiderulz » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:56 am

anothermagicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:With most of the better players already signed and us making no moves yet what about going after deron williams. He's 33 so how much money can he command? We'd obviously have to offer more than say the cavs to get him but he might be willing to give up the chance for a ring to go make more money and compete for the starting job...and definitely an upgrade over dj

Williams was trash. No interest in him. Not sure he is an upgrade on DJ at this point

He's not what he once was. That's a given. He is an experienced player that was at one point for several years in the conversation of one of the best point gaurds in the league. I think he would potentially be a good veteran teacher for elf and the other young guys. He probably won't come here nor do I have any clue if there is interest from orlando. He is still definitely an upgrade over dj

his game and Elf's are completely different. Not the player i would choose to teach Elf. Williams is done.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#163 » by NickAnderson » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:34 am

cedric76 wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
The Effect wrote:Trade away terrence ross or fournier and sign......

Im not even being sarcastic, of all the real FA (curry/durant/hayward/blake/CP3 arent coming here), he would be the one that would make me the happiest to be an orlando fan.
But i honestly think he will end up on the cavs replacing JR Smith and be that shooter that lebron/kyrie need

i would love this. doubt he would do it though. He is a pros pro that could mentor the youngsters. One of those guys who started out his nba career barely getting any playing time and yet became a fantastic player because of it.

So we have evan+Ross and you want to splash money to JJ?

Listen to your brain not your heart

23 million dollar price tag too

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Re: RE: Re: "Grand Prize" for Summer FA? 

Post#164 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:01 pm

NickAnderson wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
pinoynurse wrote:
i would love this. doubt he would do it though. He is a pros pro that could mentor the youngsters. One of those guys who started out his nba career barely getting any playing time and yet became a fantastic player because of it.

So we have evan+Ross and you want to splash money to JJ?

Listen to your brain not your heart

23 million dollar price tag too

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

That's the price you have to pay when your team sucks and your center is made of glass
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#165 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 12:04 pm

My Top FA would be jae (do it Hammond)

If we don't make any trade, i'd sign Moute

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#166 » by cedric76 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 am

Shame we missed out on jojo, I m sure he ll do great in San Antonio

unleash Jett next seaon
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#167 » by Jiwol » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:29 am

cedric76 wrote:Shame we missed out on jojo, I m sure he ll do great in San Antonio

Yeah, shame we don't sign every scrub who's getting a contract elsewhere.
cedric76
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: "Grand Prize" for Summer FA? 

Post#168 » by cedric76 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Jiwol wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Shame we missed out on jojo, I m sure he ll do great in San Antonio

Yeah, shame we don't sign every scrub who's getting a contract elsewhere.

Jojo is no scrub

unleash Jett next seaon
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: RE: Re: 

Post#169 » by Knightro » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:47 pm

cedric76 wrote:Jojo is no scrub

Facts say otherwise. :lol:
cedric76
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 

Post#170 » by cedric76 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Knightro wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Jojo is no scrub

Facts say otherwise. :lol:

Facts or stats?

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#171 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 am

Mbah a moute:

2016-17 Per-Game Stats: 6.1 points, 2.1 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.4 blocks

Top 100 Ranking: 51

Either the league is skeptical of Luc Mbah a Moute's shooting rates, or he's asking for too much money after declining a $2.3 million player option. Something is holding up the signing of a player who last season looked like an asset in the modern game.

The Clippers fared 10.7 points better per 100 possessions with him than without, and while the talent around him helped, so did his two-way play. He didn't take a ton of threes (1.4 per game), but he made a high enough percentage (39.1) not to spoil the spacing. And his defense was stout as always—he finished with a 2.32 defensive real plus-minus (ninth among power forwards), while opponents shot 3.4 percent worse against him than their average.

If his shooting holds up, he's a bona fide three-and-D forward who can play and defend multiple positions. Given the high priority placed on versatility right now, it's tough to tell why he hasn't spawned more chatter.

unleash Jett next seaon
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#172 » by Jiwol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 am

cedric76 wrote:Mbah a moute:

2016-17 Per-Game Stats: 6.1 points, 2.1 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.4 blocks

Top 100 Ranking: 51

Either the league is skeptical of Luc Mbah a Moute's shooting rates, or he's asking for too much money after declining a $2.3 million player option. Something is holding up the signing of a player who last season looked like an asset in the modern game.

The Clippers fared 10.7 points better per 100 possessions with him than without, and while the talent around him helped, so did his two-way play. He didn't take a ton of threes (1.4 per game), but he made a high enough percentage (39.1) not to spoil the spacing. And his defense was stout as always—he finished with a 2.32 defensive real plus-minus (ninth among power forwards), while opponents shot 3.4 percent worse against him than their average.

If his shooting holds up, he's a bona fide three-and-D forward who can play and defend multiple positions. Given the high priority placed on versatility right now, it's tough to tell why he hasn't spawned more chatter.

That's odd statement considering he started at SF next to PF Griffin. I like the guy but I'm not sure we should consider signing him. We got AG, Isaac, Mario and Fournier/Ross occupying SF/PF positions. I'd rather take a look at some SG with good offense to replace Meeks. MGH won't cut it. Not too many to pick from though (Terry, Henderson, Rush, Morrow?) and the best option left - Ian Clark - probably will be too expensive.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#173 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 am

bring back Diener and call it a summer.
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
cedric76
RealGM