ImageImageImageImage

Vuc

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Re: Vuc 

Post#141 » by Jiwol » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:17 pm

MrTwister wrote:Martins pulled him aside and told him that they value him and that he is not going anywhere.He is longest tenured player there and they want some kind of continuity in franchise which changed so much past couple of years.

I wonder if this stands now, when we have new brass.

MrTwister wrote: early in the season there was lots of negative energy from some vets(didnt say which) after losing some games and that kinda affected young guys on the roster.

Wonder who. Vuc used plural so it's not only the prime suspect in Ibaka but someone else too. Augustine? Green? Biz doesn't strike me as a guy who'd disrupt the locker room but those two surely do.

I appreciate your input, Twister. Thanks!
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#142 » by Knightro » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Jiwol wrote:
MrTwister wrote: early in the season there was lots of negative energy from some vets(didnt say which) after losing some games and that kinda affected young guys on the roster.

Wonder who. Vuc used plural so it's not only the prime suspect in Ibaka but someone else too. Augustine? Green? Biz doesn't strike me as a guy who'd disrupt the locker room but those two surely do.

The implication that I got most of the season was that Ibaka wasn't the best teammate in the world.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#143 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Tony Allen, a guy who can not shoot at all. I love Tony Allen, but it makes no sense how Pepe can rail on and on about how everyone needs to be a 3 point shooter and we have no offense, and then he drops that nugget. The irony is that his shooting #s last years were even worse than Jeff Green's.

Amazing.

TOny Allen is almost 36 years old. You bring guy like that to be example for young kids how to value possessions on defense and play hard each and every possession of their career, and how your career can be great despite clear disadvantages. When you bring vets, you don't expect them to be go to guys who will try to overshadow younger guys ( something that Smith, Green, Augustin and others tried ) , you bring guys who will play their role and be more valuable off than on the court with that young kids.

But to understand how valuable he would be you should think a little bit , i didn't expect somebody like you to understand it.

Right, because all you do is tout advanced stats and then when you cant do that in this case, the narrative regresses to "I'm smart, you are not". Thats hilarious.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#144 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:No this is all great. The main reason is that you are so upset that you are going through all my posts in an angry rage and this is the best you can find - especially the bold part. I stand by that statement - We needed to let Gordon play SF so he could see what his true position was he was and he was quoted as wanting to do just that. I have said that from the beginning and stand by it to this day. I appreciate you spending all that time going back through my posts just to show evidence of how petty you actually are. "To close my coffin" - Son, you are so bent on being the "winner" that you can't even see how ridiculous you look.

Again - study the draft better next year before writing novels on who every team should draft and telling us your self-assured assessment that is not even correct half the time in poorly written paragraphs that are painful to read.
Stop being petty.
And thank you for spending all that time searching my posts and finding nothing that significant at all - high five.

yet still all experts view Isaac as future PF ,but you said it he is SF...to drift later into "with potential to play small ball 5" after Skin brought that .

I don't range, in general talking about basketball doesn't get me mad, i just pointed out all BS you were spitting year ago, to act like you are some basketball mastermind this year.

Nope, not "all experts". Thats BS you are spitting. I have said he is a positionless player with perimeter wing skills multiple times but in your zeal to attack everyone and write huge paragraphs of nonsense, you probably missed that. Accusing anyone of acting like a basketball "mastermind" is such rich irony that im amused you lack the self awareness to see it.

Let me make this real clear and easy for you to understand:

You constantly bring up old quotes of mine as some sort of evidence that my opinion is not up to your standards. So i look at you, spamming draft posts for months with your incorrect opinions and then melting down over isaac and citing "experts and the pinstriped post", only to find out that of close to 300 RealGMers who did the mock draft, you finished in the very bottom %. All that talk and you couldnt even figure out the lottery to at least a median level. So just have a good look in the mirror and realize that you are just as guilty of the things you are complaining about and get over it.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,001

Post#145 » by p0peye » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Knightro wrote:
Jiwol wrote:

The implication that I got most of the season was that Ibaka wasn't the best teammate in the world.

Exactly the feedback I got the day we signed him, from a friend who leads scouting ops in Europe for one NBA franchise. I brushed it aside at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Post#146 » by cedric76 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Do u have link to podcast?

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#147 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:21 pm

magickingdom wrote:So I read the following some place else.
Have any of you heard that Vuc has these issues or is a problem on the team?
I have never heard he has a toxic personality.
Thoughts?

$10.7 million won't net the Magic more than another role player in this market, but getting off Nikola Vucevic's contract at $25 million over the next two years would get them into conversations with some of the starter-level free agents available. Vucevic is yet another player on this roster who could be a value on the right team, but his seemingly toxic personality and insistence on starting hurts his reputation around the league. At this point, moving him, even for no return, would be a good move for Orlando, who can't hope to placate his desire to be a starter and move forward with the development of Aaron Gordon and Isaac.

No link? There's no toxic personality. People say that about any player that isn't a shiny 19 year old rookie to justify a trade. The brass may move anyone on this team since they really have no ties to the players and I'm 100% on board with that. But there's no toxicity in the locker room.

Let's not pretend Biyombo was making us better and Nik still insisted on starting. He was coming off the bench behind a BUM who was worse than dedmon. I'd be pissed too

Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#148 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Thoughts?

$10.7 million won't net the Magic more than another role player in this market, but getting off Nikola Vucevic's contract at $25 million over the next two years would get them into conversations with some of the starter-level free agents available. Vucevic is yet another player on this roster who could be a value on the right team, but his seemingly toxic personality and insistence on starting hurts his reputation around the league. At this point, moving him, even for no return, would be a good move for Orlando, who can't hope to placate his desire to be a starter and move forward with the development of Aaron Gordon and Isaac.

No link? There's no toxic personality. People say that about any player that isn't a shiny 19 year old rookie to justify a trade. The brass may move anyone on this team since they really have no ties to the players and I'm 100% on board with that. But there's no toxicity in the locker room.

Let's not pretend Biyombo was making us better and Nik still insisted on starting. He was coming off the bench behind a BUM who was worse than dedmon. I'd be pissed too

we don't have to pretend we have stats that show its true. Vuc is a good individual player but he doesn't do much to make the other players around him better. Biz got over paid for sure but he does the little things and stats show we played better with him starting. Vuc off the bench would be a good look for us and would help the 2nd Unit not drop off a cliff.

This season in the month that Biz was the starter (December) the Magic had...their best PIE Rating of the season...their best Offense Rating of the season...their best +/- of the season...their best Net Rating of the season...their highest efficiency (eFG%) of the season...their highest Free Throw Attempt Rate of the season...their highest Assist Ratio of the season...and most importantly December was the only month that the Magic played .500 ball (8-8)

If you compare the differentials of the starting unit (Ross, EP, Fournier, Gordon) with Vucevic vs with Biyombo; the starting unit with Biyombo took more shots and they also shot them way more efficiently than they did with Vucevic.

The offense was just better with Biyombo.

Biz' screen setting and rolling to the basket freed up the perimeter shooters and cleared out lanes to maximize the offensive looks. Biyombo also didn't take shots away from the more efficient scoring options - which is what Vucevic does. BUT whenever Biz does get the ball, which isn't very often, he is efficient (.545 TS%). Biyombo's defense and rebounding also led to the type of offense that the Magic roster was best equipped to play...transition/open court and fast paced
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#149 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Thoughts?

we don't have to pretend we have stats that show its true. Vuc is a good individual player but he doesn't do much to make the other players around him better. Biz got over paid for sure but he does the little things and stats show we played better with him starting. Vuc off the bench would be a good look for us and would help the 2nd Unit not drop off a cliff.

This season in the month that Biz was the starter (December) the Magic had...their best PIE Rating of the season...their best Offense Rating of the season...their best +/- of the season...their best Net Rating of the season...their highest efficiency (eFG%) of the season...their highest Free Throw Attempt Rate of the season...their highest Assist Ratio of the season...and most importantly December was the only month that the Magic played .500 ball (8-8)

If you compare the differentials of the starting unit (Ross, EP, Fournier, Gordon) with Vucevic vs with Biyombo; the starting unit with Biyombo took more shots and they also shot them way more efficiently than they did with Vucevic.

Biz' screen setting and rolling to the basket freed up the perimeter shooters and cleared out lanes to maximize the offensive looks. Biyombo also didn't take shots away from the more efficient scoring options - which is what Vucevic does. BUT whenever Biz does get the ball, which isn't very often, he is efficient (.545 TS%). Biyombo's defense and rebounding also led to the type of offense that the Magic roster was best equipped to play...transition/open court and fast paced

Great post.

Biyombo is a terrible scorer but he does so many little things that help an offense that Vuc doesn't. Just look at how they set screens, it's night and day. Biyombo actually creates separation with strong screens, but Vuc barely makes contact with the defender. It's like Vuc is allergic to contact or he is just so concerned about getting in position for his shots he doesn't bother helping his teammate with the ball.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#150 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 pm

I still love Vuc and the strides that he has made on the defensive end. He is on a greaaat contract..... But my biggest gripe is him being pulled further and further from the basket every year. for me.... 50% of his shots should be an attack at the rim where he shoots above 60% with an assortment of post moves at his disposal. Feels like i barely see him do that anymore.... now elbow jumpers are burned into my memory of last season.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#151 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Thoughts?

Meanwhile Vuc EFG is worse than Payton's.

People say Vuc spreads the floor, but honestly I don't think teams really care that he takes 15 footers, they actually prefer it.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#152 » by JF5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Bensational wrote:Why are we discussing how well other players compliment Vuc's game? He's not good enough to warrant finding guys that compliment him - we've tried that already for the past 5 years. We got him his unicorn, and he didn't fit. The problem is with Vuc.

We should be asking how well Vuc compliments other players. Right now we know that he's a challenge to find a complimentary PF or PG to go with him because none of the options we've tried with him have had any success.

What's the justifiable plan for keeping him around? What's the ideal situation for him? Who are his ideal complimentary players, and can we get them, and does he win us games if we get them for him?

I'll wager the answer is that he doesn't win us enough games to make it worth it. He's a role player, and you don't build around role players.

Where in this discussion have you seen people say that this team needs to add people to compliment his game? I think the consensus is that there needs to be better offensive players around him so he isn't the primary focus (because he shouldn't be the default first option).

Plus, that's an obtuse statement you're making. You're the same guy who banked on Gordon (Saying he'd be better at SF) and Fournier (Being Paul George-esque because he had Vogel as Coach) leading the way for the team last year. You were completely off the mark about making those players making their jumps now all of a sudden Vucevic is the problem as to why this team hasn't improved? That's massive logic error; and I can easily go back to the quotes as we've had numerous conversations about last year's team where we had contrasting opinions.

Again, if you want to blame Vucevic for "under performing"... Blame Payton/Gordon/Fournier for not living up the expectations that you and others gave them last year. They shouldn't be exempt from criticism because you like them. They all failed to live up to the roles they were given. Its hilarious that some of you guys act like certain things were never said/happened at certain times in the past.

Why should this team keep him around? because he's obviously the most complete/best player this team has at this point. You take him off the team and they have virtually no one to go to when they need a basket or make a play for the team. This team was dead last in scoring because they only had two solid-to-good consistent scoring options who could get their own shot throughout the whole year. You take out Vucevic you only have Fournier who doesn't move the ball so well so you're worst off than you were the year prior. On top of that it makes everyone else like Payton/Gordon/Fournier ineffective as there will be more pressure applied to them on the offensive end and there would be a lot less spacing for them to operate which hurt them the majority of last year.

Plus, you need to protect Jonathan Issac as much possible his first few years. Having him come in off the bat and be essentially your 2nd option on a horrendous offense is the worst thing you can do to him. Having veteran scoring options around allow him to come in with a safety net and comfort so his confidence isn't shattered as the seasons comes along and doesn't stunt his development.
JF5
RealGM

Post#153 » by JF5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:44 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Thoughts?

So one month wipes away pretty much a whole season of subpar play from a player?

I didn't know that it worked that way...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#154 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm

JF5 wrote:
Bensational wrote:Why are we discussing how well other players compliment Vuc's game? He's not good enough to warrant finding guys that compliment him - we've tried that already for the past 5 years. We got him his unicorn, and he didn't fit. The problem is with Vuc.

We should be asking how well Vuc compliments other players. Right now we know that he's a challenge to find a complimentary PF or PG to go with him because none of the options we've tried with him have had any success.

What's the justifiable plan for keeping him around? What's the ideal situation for him? Who are his ideal complimentary players, and can we get them, and does he win us games if we get them for him?

I'll wager the answer is that he doesn't win us enough games to make it worth it. He's a role player, and you don't build around role players.

Where in this discussion have you seen people say that this team needs to add people to compliment his game? I think the consensus is that there needs to be better offensive players around him so he isn't the primary focus (because he shouldn't be the default first option).

Plus, that's an obtuse statement you're making. You're the same guy who banked on Gordon (Saying he'd be better at SF) and Fournier (Being Paul George-esque because he had Vogel as Coach) leading the way for the team last year. You were completely off the mark about making those players making their jumps now all of a sudden Vucevic is the problem as to why this team hasn't improved? That's massive logic error; and I can easily go back to the quotes as we've had numerous conversations about last year's team where we had contrasting opinions.

Again, if you want to blame Vucevic for "under performing"... Blame Payton/Gordon/Fournier for not living up the expectations that you and others gave them last year. They shouldn't be exempt from criticism because you like them. They all failed to live up to the roles they were given. Its hilarious that some of you guys act like certain things were never said/happened at certain times in the past.

Why should this team keep him around? because he's obviously the most complete/best player this team has at this point. You take him off the team and they have virtually no one to go to when they need a basket or make a play for the team. This team was dead last in scoring because they only had two solid-to-good consistent scoring options who could get their own shot throughout the whole year. You take out Vucevic you only have Fournier who doesn't move the ball so well so you're worst off than you were the year prior. On top of that it makes everyone else like Payton/Gordon/Fournier ineffective as there will be more pressure applied to them on the offensive end and there would be a lot less spacing for them to operate which hurt them the majority of last year.

Plus, you need to protect Jonathan Issac as much possible his first few years. Having him come in off the bat and be essentially your 2nd option on a horrendous offense is the worst thing you can do to him. Having veteran scoring options around allow him to come in with a safety net and comfort so his confidence isn't shattered as the seasons comes along and doesn't stunt his development.

Alright, so this post comes down to a series of deflections from the main topic which is Vuc.

First off, the discussion about finding complimentary pieces for Vuc stems from people blaming his supporting cast for his short comings. The logic behind that implies that if we had a better supporting cast around Vuc, he would be better. The logic breaks down when you ask who these pieces need to be, and how that impacts Vuc after those moves are made. Are we looking for pieces that will make Vuc the best player he can be as a #1 option, or as a role player? Is he even a good role player? Is he able to impact a game if he's not taking mid-range/long jumpers?

Secondly, I was wrong in my projections about AG and Fournier. Yes, AG looked better to close the season when he went back to PF. But when was our team the most competitive? Back in December, when we were playing how I outlined prior to the season. Biyombo starting, AG at SF, Fournier taking on a larger scoring role and Vuc off the bench. People still want to gloss over the fact that the team had actually found a way to win games at one point last season. Was Fournier a disappointment in a larger role? Absolutely. But most of that was because of his arrogance and selective passing, which he hadn't shown in seasons prior. Is AG at SF dead in the water? Let's keep watching and see how his game develops over the coming seasons. But Vuc off the bench? He was great in that role, and a big contributor to our wins, so it stands to reason that he's not someone we should be worrying about tailor making our starting lineup around. (Yes, I'm aware that Elf was coming off the bench then, too. But I'm also open to Elf eventually landing in that role, anyway. I'd just prefer to see him get a chance to grow with the shackles off before locking him into that role, same way we've given Vuc every chance to show he can be something more than he is).

Third, we need to protect Isaac? I don't see how this is relevant, but I don't have a particularly strong opinion on it. What I do think is that eventually the shackles need to come off and players that you want to become primary scoring options need the freedom to try to become those guys. This is a development philosophy, though, and I don't see Vuc being beneficial in that sense if he's actually taking shot attempts away from players and forcing them to defer to him through a hierarchy which doesn't actually result in wins. AG, for example, is a guy who plays for his team and the wins. He'll look to pass it rather than forcing a shot. But every time he forces a shot, he gets closer to learning how to get good shots. Every time he passes the ball, he loses that opportunity. Fournier is the kind of guy who isn't afraid to shoot in any circumstance. He may have had an underwhelming season last year but at least we got to see how capable he can be when pushed.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,297

Post#155 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Tony Allen, a guy who can not shoot at all. I love Tony Allen, but it makes no sense how Pepe can rail on and on about how everyone needs to be a 3 point shooter and we have no offense, and then he drops that nugget. The irony is that his shooting #s last years were even worse than Jeff Green's.

Amazing.

TOny Allen is almost 36 years old. You bring guy like that to be example for young kids how to value possessions on defense and play hard each and every possession of their career, and how your career can be great despite clear disadvantages. When you bring vets, you don't expect them to be go to guys who will try to overshadow younger guys ( something that Smith, Green, Augustin and others tried ) , you bring guys who will play their role and be more valuable off than on the court with that young kids.

But to understand how valuable he would be you should think a little bit , i didn't expect somebody like you to understand it.

Right, because all you do is tout advanced stats and then when you cant do that in this case, the narrative regresses to "I'm smart, you are not". Thats hilarious.

Tony Allen was named in nba all defensive teams 6 times. Six. Guy is elite defender and great glue guy. He was never great shooter or scorer but you can see his impact on a game through defensive rating ( 105- 105-98-101 in last 4 years ) and defensive box plus minus (+2,4 ). Given his age i don't expect him to play much any more but as somebody who won championship and who played more playoff games in his life than hole magic roster together he would be great addition to young roster. I view him as veteran presence, i could not care less about his on court production to be honest. Other players simply respect guys like him and David West . Magic will bring 5 players under age of 24 on start of a season, they need vocal leader. Vogel can't do it, he is too buddy-buddy with players.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#156 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:My impersonation of a pepe post:

Paytonhugger tried to tell me Elfrid was greatest PG since Magic Johnson and when he was on string of stat padding triple doubles stalked me every day calling me an idiot when in fact I forgot more about the game than John Wooden ever knew. You all tried to tell me AG would overtake LeBron as greatest SF in the game and lead us to the 2017 championship and I tried to tell you all that he's never played SF before and we might lose some games. Duh! You morons. I told you in 2009 that we would sign Jeff Green this season and he would average 9.2 PPG on 39% shooting in 22.2 MPG yet not one other person other than me threw a hissy fit when we signed him. All of you, every last one of you said he would win sixth man of the year. Once again proving my superior knowledge over you dumb dumbs. Now you poo poo heads want to be immature and personal attack me. Why am I so hard done by on this board?

Now I remember why I muted pepe. Thanks for reminding me.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#157 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:06 am

Knightro wrote:
Jiwol wrote:

It became evident throughout the season that Vuc and Ibaka didn't get along. Apparently Ibaka coming in being the new guy and demanding change or adjustments while not giving full effort on the court pissed off the long tenured Vuc. It affected the entire locker room and you could tell that they didn't like playing with each other.
JF5
RealGM

Post#158 » by JF5 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:13 am

Bensational wrote:
Alright, so this post comes down to a series of deflections from the main topic which is Vuc.

Series of Deflections? I admitted that Vucevic in prior posts had a rather underwhelming season, as the players who I mentioned because they were taking on roles which they weren't meant to carry and the poor spacing the came with the line-up that started the majority of the season. (Which I ended being right about). I've said in prior seasons Vucevic could develop into an all-star caliber big (Possibly a 2nd or 3rd option on winning team), but its now clear now that he's just a good player (3rd or 4th option at best on a winning team).

I like Vucevic but I'm not that reluctant of not letting him go or pushing him into a lesser role (if the team more offensively inclined and or had a better option at Center). Hell, since the last year and of the end of the 2015-2016 I've wanted better big-men to supplant him as the center. First it was Stephen Zimmerman (Who the Magic ironically have now). I wanted Justin Patton (Which I was disappointed when he taken off the board by 15). Now next draft I'm really all in on DeAndre Ayton, and if he's not there I want Wendall Carter.

Bensational wrote:
First off, the discussion about finding complimentary pieces for Vuc stems from people blaming his supporting cast for his short comings. The logic behind that implies that if we had a better supporting cast around Vuc, he would be better. The logic breaks down when you ask who these pieces need to be, and how that impacts Vuc after those moves are made. Are we looking for pieces that will make Vuc the best player he can be as a #1 option, or as a role player? Is he even a good role player? Is he able to impact a game if he's not taking mid-range/long jumpers?

Vucevic is a good all-around role player. A lot of people view him as such. I think the communication break-down is the confusion of "building around him" when they're actually saying there needs to be more offensively inclined players who are as good or better than him that will put him in a better position to succeed. The real issue is when we bring up the poor scoring/shooting cast (Which is obvious given this team is statistically the worst in the NBA) People point at Vucevic and say he's the problem which makes no sense given that he isn't the one shooting all the shots, and you have to look at the bigger picture. Leading to my next point...

The deflections seem more forthcoming from those who like Payton and Gordon (and Fournier). These guys were given much larger expectations from fans and front office (which Hennigan admitted himself). Now all of a sudden that doesn't matter because a numerous amount of "excuses" of them being too young (Which is somewhat legitimate), having to deal with multiple coaches (Which Vucevic has dealt with too) and or them being given the wrong roles (Though Payton has been given 3 years to start at the PG position, and Gordon has played both SF and PF positions the same amount of time to determine where he fits). I'm not saying they don't have a chance to become stars like every young player, but it becomes more and more evident that these guys ceilings are much lower as the seasons pass.

Bensational wrote:
But when was our team the most competitive? Back in December, when we were playing how I outlined prior to the season. Biyombo starting, AG at SF, Fournier taking on a larger scoring role and Vuc off the bench. People still want to gloss over the fact that the team had actually found a way to win games at one point last season.

2015-2016 Season this team actually had winning overall record by the end of December with Vucevic as the starter/primary option of the squad. Yet, people gloss over that... What's your point? They still ended up being 35-47...

Bensational wrote:
Third, we need to protect Isaac? I don't see how this is relevant, but I don't have a particularly strong opinion on it. What I do think is that eventually the shackles need to come off and players that you want to become primary scoring options need the freedom to try to become those guys. This is a development philosophy, though, and I don't see Vuc being beneficial in that sense if he's actually taking shot attempts away from players and forcing them to defer to him through a hierarchy which doesn't actually result in wins. AG, for example, is a guy who plays for his team and the wins. He'll look to pass it rather than forcing a shot. But every time he forces a shot, he gets closer to learning how to get good shots. Every time he passes the ball, he loses that opportunity. Fournier is the kind of guy who isn't afraid to shoot in any circumstance. He may have had an underwhelming season last year but at least we got to see how capable he can be when pushed.

Yeah its not relevant but not all young players are going to come out gunning like a LeBron or Carmelo and take time to develop. You need surrounding scorers/vets to take pressure off the young prospects before they're ready to take responsibility of an offense. I look at Issac and I assume its going to take 2 seasons before he's actually ready to have a larger role. So having him be the secondary option early on in his career is probably the best route to take for his development.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Re: RE: Re: Vuc 

Post#159 » by cedric76 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 am

RickB-Orlando wrote:

Paytonhugger tried to tell me Elfrid was greatest PG since Magic Johnson and when he was on string of stat padding triple doubles stalked me every day calling me an idiot when in fact I forgot more about the game than John Wooden ever knew. You all tried to tell me AG would overtake LeBron as greatest SF in the game and lead us to the 2017 championship and I tried to tell you all that he's never played SF before and we might lose some games. Duh! You morons. I told you in 2009 that we would sign Jeff Green this season and he would average 9.2 PPG on 39% shooting in 22.2 MPG yet not one other person other than me threw a hissy fit when we signed him. All of you, every last one of you said he would win sixth man of the year. Once again proving my superior knowledge over you dumb dumbs. Now you poo poo heads want to be immature and personal attack me. Why am I so hard done by on this board?

I think most of this board have him mute lol
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,297

Re: RE: Re: Vuc 

Post#160 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:40 am

cedric76 wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:

I think most of this board have him mute lol

cedric, the guy who wanted to win as much games as they could, when they were 15 games below .500.
:clap: :clap:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic