ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2141 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:49 pm

Should we be encouraged that new management thinks we showed enough promise to end the season, and that they want to just wait and see if it was real or fake news with a few bench tweaks?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2142 » by cedric76 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:50 pm

fendilim wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Evan sounding off.

For those who can't see it...

Evan Fournier @EvanFourmizz

We may not have the best team but we do like being around each other, coaches included. Dont try to break that. Poor translation dummy

haha did he read cedric's post? :lol:

Nope the other one from reddit (must have used Google translate lol), I never said that he was unhappy. I translated properly.
Evan is a very hard worker and will always do what's best for his team.
The French team **** him bad and he never said anything bad about them. The guy is a true pro
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2143 » by Darth Magic » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:55 pm

cedric76 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
For those who can't see it...

haha did he read cedric's post? :lol:

Nope the other one from reddit (must have used Google translate lol), I never said that he was unhappy. I translated properly.
The French team **** him bad and he never said anything bad about them. The guy is a true pro

It's funny. I didn't take it as him bashing the team. and quite frankly, i don't see much of a difference between the original translation and the new one :dontknow:
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#2144 » by npiper17 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:55 pm

CJ Miles getting 3 yrs $25m from Toronto - if the Magic were interested, I'd imagine it would have been a one year deal.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#2145 » by Patrick1978 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:59 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bunvenit shelvin mack
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#2146 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:01 pm

Knightro wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:Will they be good players? Probably not no.

There are several players the Magic could sign right now to short deals that would give them better minutes than Augustin/Watson/Hezonja/Green did last year.

We'll see what happens.

Call me a fool but I still believe in Mario Hezonja. I think if a coach like Vogel can light the fire in Hezonja then no one can. Just listening to Vogel talk gets me believing and excited. Hopefully in year 2 he can get more out of Mario.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#2147 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:03 pm

GortatExpress wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:Will they be good players? Probably not no.

There are several players the Magic could sign right now to short deals that would give them better minutes than Augustin/Watson/Hezonja/Green did last year.

We'll see what happens.

Call me a fool but I still believe in Mario Hezonja. I think if a coach like Vogel can light the fire in Hezonja then no one can. Just listening to Vogel talk gets me believing and excited. Hopefully in year 2 he can get more out of Mario.

I think Skiles got more out of Mario.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#2148 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:07 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
GortatExpress wrote:
Knightro wrote:

We'll see what happens.

I think Skiles got more out of Mario.

Agree. I was just watching Mario's performance in SL 2 years ago.... and granted it is SL but i think a lot of us were feeling good about Hezonja. He played with swagger and confidence. I got to think it is somewhere there in him.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
cedric76
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2149 » by cedric76 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:07 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
fendilim wrote:haha did he read cedric's post? :lol:

It's funny. I didn't take it as him bashing the team. and quite frankly, i don't see much of a difference between the original translation and the new one :dontknow:

Yeah evan isn't a basher, trust me he could have bashed the French team after the way the treated him last year and he didn't. True pro, this is why I m so happy to have him starting in our squad.

But hater will always hate.

Same for vuc, too much hate on this board
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2150 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:10 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Nope the other one from reddit (must have used Google translate lol), I never said that he was unhappy. I translated properly.

Yeah evan isn't a basher, trust me he could have bashed the French team after the way the treated him last year and he didn't. True pro, this is why I m so happy to have him starting in our squad.

Vooch and Fournier gonna prove em all wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
cedric76
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2151 » by cedric76 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:22 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:

Vooch and Fournier gonna prove em all wrong!!!

Amen :-)

Ep, Evan, ag,biz and vuc will prove them wrong
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#2152 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:25 pm

fendilim wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
kashnare wrote:
Someone actually transcribed the interview correctly on the Magic reddit.

doesnt sound bad there at all. But im sure some people will still bash Evan for something said in that
Sadly, people just hate Evan...

Yep. The guy is a fine player and the perfect second option on a team, only 24, yet people can't trade him away soon enough.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#2153 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:25 pm

Evan: I wish. Playing together is the key and I think Miami is the perfect example.
Host 1: I’m not gonna ask you if you’re confident about next year because we know you and we know you’re gonna do everything to be in the playoffs next year… We were talking about Miami. Is there a real rivalry?
Evan: Yes. We hate each other. I’m not from Orlando so I have nothing against them but you can feel it from the media and the fans.

How can you not like this guy? He clearly wants to win. He understands what is going on. He's just trying to do something to win.

The things he brought up make a lot of sense. Hennigan screwed us, but Frank isn't without the blame. If he let Hennigan push him over, then it is his fault for doing so. Now this is all on Frank. If he can change his style and build around the positives that we saw closing out the season right from the beginning. Can he figure out the new defense needed to be successful in today's NBA? Can Hammond and co. come up with a vision and communicate it to the entire organization before the end of training camp? A lot of ifs.

Evan: Not alone. It’s the players too. You only need one game to find the right formula. It’s weird sometimes it’s a single detail that changes everything.
Host 2: A restaurant, a bowling, a video game night and it’s good. Host 1: Thomas thinks with a fews mojitos you can have a great NBA season.

:lol:
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#2154 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:32 pm

Well CJ Miles was the only FA left out there that I had any interest in for our squad...darn.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,546

Post#2155 » by AddiFB » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:41 pm

- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#2156 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:49 pm

Sweet sassy molassey did Fultz get stage 4 cancer?

He rolled a freaking ankle. Everyone on twitter is/was freaking out about it. Anyone who has played basketball has done this a bunch... I know Philly has had the injury "bug" but people need to relax. Never seen a sprained ankle get such coverage.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#2157 » by nymets1 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet and started the new one. Thought its supposed to lock at page 100 but we at page 108 and still going.

Somehow we need to form our own superteam, If Isaac, Payton and Gordon can all become all stars and we still have one of their worst records, We get one of the best players in next year's draft and we could have 4 potential all stars in Isaac, Payton, Gordon and whoever we draft with top 5 pick next year. If somehow, someway everything would just come together like (MAGIC), we could have 3 all stars this year and 4 all stars next year and be a superteam. It's the only way we have a shot of competing with the top teams.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,546

Post#2158 » by AddiFB » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:32 pm

Potential to become All-Stars:

Isaac, yes, I think he has the tools to become one of the big stars in this league. Up to him to reach it, but I honestly think we might have a true unicorn in that kid. His ceiling is through the roof. Hopefully he stays healthy and drives us to glory.
Gordon, yeah, a potential all-star one day, but I could also see him booming and become a bigger star than just an All-Star. A strong 50/50 for me. Can't wait to see a full season of him at the 4.
Payton, no. I just don't see it. There are other PGs out there that are just better. Way better. But, up to him to prove doubters wrong.
Fournier, no. Just no. Good SG but not really close to becoming an All-Star. Not in a same tier as the best SGs out there.
Hezonja, dear lord no. Right now, he's the worst player in the league. He's got ways to go to even get out of the cellar and be considered a good/productive basketball player. I hated writing that. Had so much hope. Wake up, Mario!
Vucevic, no. After they changed the All-Star votings to front court and back court players, Vuc and players like him lost his chance of getting to the ASG in a weak C-class.
Biyombo, no. Not ever.
Ross, no. Same reason as Evan.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#2159 » by EAS Law » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:46 pm

j-ragg wrote:Sweet sassy molassey did Fultz get stage 4 cancer?

He rolled a freaking ankle. Everyone on twitter is/was freaking out about it. Anyone who has played basketball has done this a bunch... I know Philly has had the injury "bug" but people need to relax. Never seen a sprained ankle get such coverage.

It probably has a lot to do with the nature of society today. Kind of like how the 76ers can go from 3rd worst team in the NBA to a consensus ECF contender all because of speculative potential in two guys who have never played an NBA game, and another hat played a handful with major injury concerns--also the Twolves, who also have yet to make the playoffs mentioned in the same sentence as the Rox, GSW, and SAS... one more for you--the Lakers, who are laughably bad, because they have their new star putting up all of about 5ppg and a few lobs.

Call me a hater.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,628

Post#2160 » by SOUL » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:53 pm

New thread pls.

Return to Orlando Magic