ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2101 » by OrlandO » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:31 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Evan sounding off.

For those who can't see it...

Evan Fournier @EvanFourmizz

We may not have the best team but we do like being around each other, coaches included. Dont try to break that. Poor translation dummy
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#2102 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:38 pm

fendilim wrote:
Skin wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Super vidéo

Evan answered all the questions honestly.

Few other points

He really like the ibaka-Ross trade

I get the feeling that he regrets that skiles left and he feels like we d already be in playoff if we had stayed

He want stability (every year something is changing : coach/management)

Says he would have loved to play with George hill and doesn't understand why we didn't go after him.

Didn't see the Biyombo signing come and vuc had hard time to swallow that signing

Says that he ll always give 200% on the floor and do everything to make our team win BUT you can feel that he isn't impress with how our team was ran so far

This team hasn't had good chemistry since...

Posted by Oladipo this past 4th of July.

EP the last man standing.

Good point. It must be Dipo's fault for posting this photo. All those malcontents had to go to free up Payton's game.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#2103 » by fendilim » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:52 pm

OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Evan sounding off.

We may not have the best team but we do like being around each other, coaches included. Dont try to break that. Poor translation dummy

haha did he read cedric's post? :lol:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume X - Free Agency is Here 

Post#2104 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:00 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Bensational wrote:
I like Fournier, and I reckon he's got a winner's attitude and would be a stud on a team like the Spurs - but I don't think he's equipped to be a leader for this team. Same as Vuc. Too much blame shifting. Has anyone ever heard AG or Payton call out another player?

I like AG and Elf, but they seem too aloof and lack that desire to win games like Fournier or Vooch does.

This post is an instant classic from you.

Vuc's desire to win certainly is unlike any other lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#2105 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:11 pm

Someone on Reddit saying that the translation of the interview was totally off and he never said anything like what they translated.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#2106 » by AddiFB » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:14 pm

Evan is mad. He's gonna average 35 points next season. So mad.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#2107 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:16 pm

AddiFB wrote:Evan is mad. He's gonna average 35 points next season. So mad.

Fournier gonna prove em all wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,080

Post#2108 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:29 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Am I the only one who actually likes Lonzo and Lavar?

I don't agree with everything Lavar is doing, but something about him is still likeable. I understand not liking him though, but Lonzo is the complete opposite of Lavar. He has a good head on his shoulders. Don't feel like you should root for him to fail because of his Dad.

Anyway I think Lonzo is going to be very good in the league.

Lavar is insane and an attention whore. He will say or do anything for attention, not for his sons but for himself. And Lonzo is not so far opposite of his dad as many people believe. he is almost as arrogant, just does it a lot more quietly. And Lavar talking smack about current players is just putting a larger target on his son's back coming into the league.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#2109 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:29 pm

fendilim wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Evan sounding off.

haha did he read cedric's post? :lol:

I believe he did and also called him a dummy. :lol:
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#2110 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:30 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
axl_c_cool wrote:
100%, Elf would hurt those guys, he'll be an average shooter at best, outside of Steph who has won with a scoring/shooting PG? (Kyrie is a scorer yes, not a dominant shooter) it's a shame we can't be patience and back our own players

San Antonio with Parker. And no one here said someone has to be a dominant shooter, just respectable

Not taking away from Parker, the cast, and franchise as a whole has a lot to do with that. It's year 4 for Payton, no saying he won't become respectable

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

i can agree it was the cast more than anything. He was just the last player that i could think of that won a title that was a scorer, not a passer
kashnare
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#2111 » by kashnare » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:32 pm

Host 1: Evan, you’re playing with the Orlando Magic. You signed a 85 million 5-year contract last year. This season was rather good for you, you scored more than 17 pts / game. What’s your view personally on your season?
Evan: Well it was good, I’m getting better, I’m progressing… But I’m interested in winning so it was frustrating… But it’s hard to control so I give my best every night and I know it’s gonna pay off one day and I’m gonna work for it.
Host 1: Personally we thought you were very good with better stats than last year but we won’t lie to you, we’re being 100% honest with you, we think your franchises strategy is worrying … blurry … do you have the same view from inside the organisation? Host 2: How to destroy your franchise! (laugh)
Evan: No I won’t destroy them. It’s just that personally I’ve had a different coach every year so I have no stability. As a player you need stability, to know the system. When you have to start over every year… Next year the coach will still be Frank but there’s a new front office.
Host 1: Yes Rob Hennigan the GM was fired and he’s being replaced with John Hammond so that’s a lot of turnover even if Frank Vogel stays. He’s a good coach with a real experience.
Evan: Yes of course but when you rebuild you don’t change every year. You need a long term plan. Unfortunately for us, one coach was fired, another quit, and now the GM was fired so the conditions are not ideal to succeed.
Host 2: Especially with what happened … with Ibaka who came and left. Biyombo who plays the same position as Vucevic. We know you’re really close to him Evan… He was doing a great job at his position, in a different style than Biyombo. How did he feel about that?
Evan: Not great (laughs). You could see it in his body language. So he wasn’t happy about it but as a player you need to get over it, it’s the job.
Host 1: Ibaka left during the season, Terrence Ross arrived. So now you’re a an interesting duo with him. How did it go with him?
Evan: Terrence is a good player. Honestly he’s a good player and he doesn’t say a word, he works hard, he’s very nice. He’s very unselfish. He’s a very good pickup for us.
Host 2: We saw Jonathan Isaac was just drafted and played great in summer league. Aaron Gordon played 3 or 4 we didn’t know, Isaac too. What about the PG? So what’s the strategy with these different positions?
Evan: Honestly I don’t know. That’s what’s difficult. How can I know? The GM is new, the president is new. I have no idea what they think.
Host 2: What’s crazy is that the eastern conference has weakened and you can do something. You have a good roster. Host 1: Do you believe in the making the playoffs? You don’t look like you do…
Evan: No that’s not it. The eastern conference is weaker yes but we have to get better either way. It doesn’t matter if the conference is weaker. Period.
Host 2: Look at the stats. 29 wins. 27th offense. 22nd defense. What’s weird is that Frank Vogel is a defensive minded coach. When you’re 22nd even after getting Biyombo… Did he have the right team?
Evan: We were top 5 in defense mid season and completely collapsed. We couldn’t stop anyone it was catastrophic. I think the NBA changes. Frank is known to be a really good defensive coach but it was 5 years ago in a different league. He had big buys. Hibbert, West, he had Hill too… There’s no big guys in the key anymore. Now you need speed and mobility to cover the pick and rolls. You need to adapt.
Host 1: Aaron Gordon. We like him but is he a 3 or a 4?
Evan: He’s a 4. Clearly. That’s why I’m telling you changing coach is not easy. During Scott Skiles’s 30 last games he played 4 and he was playing great. We were getting used to it. Frank arrives. It’s not his fault, he has a new team, a new system, he’s trying things.
Host 2: Ibaka is here.
Evan: Yes, Ibaka is here. He plays him (Aaron) at the 3, it doesn’t work. And we realize after the all-star game that he’s better at the 4. That’s why we’re losing time by changing coaches every year.
Host 1: About next season. You have more stability. Elfrid Payton is now in place. You and Terrence Ross on the wings. Aaron Gordon at the 4 and Biyombo and Vucevic at the 5. You maybe have a team that’s not expected but can do something. Just like Miami last year, even if you don’t have a superstar like Whiteside or Dragic.
Evan: Yes but it’s true for every team. The progress needs to happen inside the team. We’re not signing anyone. I don’t think a trade is coming. So we need to work together, the players and the coaching staff. In the NBA all the players are good. It all depends on how you play together. Miami is a talented team but they’re not the best. Last year they were terrible and something happened and they started to win. This is key.
Host 2: It’s the coach…
Evan: Not alone. It’s the players too. You only need one game to find the right formula. It’s weird sometimes it’s a single detail that changes everything.
Host 2: A restaurant, a bowling, a video game night and it’s good. Host 1: Thomas thinks with a fews mojitos you can have a great NBA season.
Evan: I wish. Playing together is the key and I think Miami is the perfect example.
Host 1: I’m not gonna ask you if you’re confident about next year because we know you and we know you’re gonna do everything to be in the playoffs next year… We were talking about Miami. Is there a real rivalry?
Evan: Yes. We hate each other. I’m not from Orlando so I have nothing against them but you can feel it from the media and the fans.

Someone actually transcribed the interview correctly on the Magic reddit.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#2112 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:37 pm

kashnare wrote:
Host 1: Evan, you’re playing with the Orlando Magic. You signed a 85 million 5-year contract last year. This season was rather good for you, you scored more than 17 pts / game. What’s your view personally on your season?
Evan: Well it was good, I’m getting better, I’m progressing… But I’m interested in winning so it was frustrating… But it’s hard to control so I give my best every night and I know it’s gonna pay off one day and I’m gonna work for it.
Host 1: Personally we thought you were very good with better stats than last year but we won’t lie to you, we’re being 100% honest with you, we think your franchises strategy is worrying … blurry … do you have the same view from inside the organisation? Host 2: How to destroy your franchise! (laugh)
Evan: No I won’t destroy them. It’s just that personally I’ve had a different coach every year so I have no stability. As a player you need stability, to know the system. When you have to start over every year… Next year the coach will still be Frank but there’s a new front office.
Host 1: Yes Rob Hennigan the GM was fired and he’s being replaced with John Hammond so that’s a lot of turnover even if Frank Vogel stays. He’s a good coach with a real experience.
Evan: Yes of course but when you rebuild you don’t change every year. You need a long term plan. Unfortunately for us, one coach was fired, another quit, and now the GM was fired so the conditions are not ideal to succeed.
Host 2: Especially with what happened … with Ibaka who came and left. Biyombo who plays the same position as Vucevic. We know you’re really close to him Evan… He was doing a great job at his position, in a different style than Biyombo. How did he feel about that?
Evan: Not great (laughs). You could see it in his body language. So he wasn’t happy about it but as a player you need to get over it, it’s the job.
Host 1: Ibaka left during the season, Terrence Ross arrived. So now you’re a an interesting duo with him. How did it go with him?
Evan: Terrence is a good player. Honestly he’s a good player and he doesn’t say a word, he works hard, he’s very nice. He’s very unselfish. He’s a very good pickup for us.
Host 2: We saw Jonathan Isaac was just drafted and played great in summer league. Aaron Gordon played 3 or 4 we didn’t know, Isaac too. What about the PG? So what’s the strategy with these different positions?
Evan: Honestly I don’t know. That’s what’s difficult. How can I know? The GM is new, the president is new. I have no idea what they think.
Host 2: What’s crazy is that the eastern conference has weakened and you can do something. You have a good roster. Host 1: Do you believe in the making the playoffs? You don’t look like you do…
Evan: No that’s not it. The eastern conference is weaker yes but we have to get better either way. It doesn’t matter if the conference is weaker. Period.
Host 2: Look at the stats. 29 wins. 27th offense. 22nd defense. What’s weird is that Frank Vogel is a defensive minded coach. When you’re 22nd even after getting Biyombo… Did he have the right team?
Evan: We were top 5 in defense mid season and completely collapsed. We couldn’t stop anyone it was catastrophic. I think the NBA changes. Frank is known to be a really good defensive coach but it was 5 years ago in a different league. He had big buys. Hibbert, West, he had Hill too… There’s no big guys in the key anymore. Now you need speed and mobility to cover the pick and rolls. You need to adapt.
Evan: He’s a 4. Clearly. That’s why I’m telling you changing coach is not easy. During Scott Skiles’s 30 last games he played 4 and he was playing great. We were getting used to it. Frank arrives. It’s not his fault, he has a new team, a new system, he’s trying things.
Evan: Yes, Ibaka is here. He plays him (Aaron) at the 3, it doesn’t work. And we realize after the all-star game that he’s better at the 4. That’s why we’re losing time by changing coaches every year.
Host 1: About next season. You have more stability. Elfrid Payton is now in place. You and Terrence Ross on the wings. Aaron Gordon at the 4 and Biyombo and Vucevic at the 5. You maybe have a team that’s not expected but can do something. Just like Miami last year, even if you don’t have a superstar like Whiteside or Dragic.
Evan: Yes but it’s true for every team. The progress needs to happen inside the team. We’re not signing anyone. I don’t think a trade is coming. So we need to work together, the players and the coaching staff. In the NBA all the players are good. It all depends on how you play together. Miami is a talented team but they’re not the best. Last year they were terrible and something happened and they started to win. This is key.
Evan: Not alone. It’s the players too. You only need one game to find the right formula. It’s weird sometimes it’s a single detail that changes everything.
Host 2: A restaurant, a bowling, a video game night and it’s good. Host 1: Thomas thinks with a fews mojitos you can have a great NBA season.
Evan: I wish. Playing together is the key and I think Miami is the perfect example.
Host 1: I’m not gonna ask you if you’re confident about next year because we know you and we know you’re gonna do everything to be in the playoffs next year… We were talking about Miami. Is there a real rivalry?
Evan: Yes. We hate each other. I’m not from Orlando so I have nothing against them but you can feel it from the media and the fans.

doesnt sound bad there at all. But im sure some people will still bash Evan for something said in that
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 841

Post#2113 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:38 pm

tiderulz wrote:
axl_c_cool wrote:
tiderulz wrote:San Antonio with Parker. And no one here said someone has to be a dominant shooter, just respectable

Not taking away from Parker, the cast, and franchise as a whole has a lot to do with that. It's year 4 for Payton, no saying he won't become respectable

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

i can agree it was the cast more than anything. He was just the last player that i could think of that won a title that was a scorer, not a passer

Very true, hopefully Gordon in his right position and improved, along with Elf, Evan, Mario, and Terrance all improving could be a big boost. Still think Vucevic is the odd man out, I look at the deal the Raptors made and can't help but think those are the deals we need to get in on
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 701

Post#2114 » by Darth Magic » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:39 pm

kashnare wrote:

That's not much better than what was posted before. At all. In fact...it may be worse :lol:
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#2115 » by npiper17 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:40 pm

Stir up some conversation?

Mack was supposed to be officially announced yesterday and wasn't. Why?

Watson needs to be waived by tomorrow. Why wait?

The obvious conclusion to the above is that there's a big trade about to go down that will net us a franchise cornerstone and future picks. Who says different?
axl_c_cool
Analyst

Post#2116 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:41 pm

Could a deal for Ryan Anderson be the deal we could/should make, Anderson 2 future 1st for CJ Watson. Clears the cap they wanted to, gives us some scoring and assets?
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
axl_c_cool
Analyst

Post#2117 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:41 pm

We could even go small with Anderson

Payton
Ross
Fournier
Anderson
Gordon
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#2118 » by OrlandO » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:58 pm

Hennigan forced AG to the 3, but Frank still deserves blame for never trying him at the 4 until Ibaka was gone. Using versatility for part of games could have really helped us. Instead he gave the extra 4 minutes to green and rudez who were both garbage 1 yr rentals.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#2119 » by Knightro » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:01 pm

I really love Ryan Anderson, but I don't think I could get behind acquiring a 29-year-old who has 3 years, $61.2M left on his deal and can basically only play PF.

We'd have to get multiple first round picks and someone would have to at least take Augustin back if not more for me to even consider it.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#2120 » by OrlandO » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:07 pm

No to Ryan "regular season" Anderson.. guy is fun to watch when he gets hot, but he has a lot of flaws and tends to fold under pressure. We need all our PF minutes for AG and Isaac.

Return to Orlando Magic