ImageImageImageImage

Summer League Game Thread | Magic (0-1) vs. Heat (0-1) 3pm EST 7/2/2017

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Re: Summer League Game Thread | Magic (0-1) vs. Heat (0-1) 3pm EST 7/2/2017 

Post#301 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:02 pm

New nickname to me is SLIM.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#302 » by magicman112 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:16 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MoGrAdY wrote:
nymets1 wrote:I'm surprised Walton came in here and is vying for a roster spot very realistic now. I watched him before on tv when he played at Michigan. He didn't exactly play on a great team, he had guys like Zak Irvin, DJ Wilson,Adbur- Rahkman, Wagner. Him and DJ Wilson are the only pros from his school. He didn't get my attention at Michigan so maybe Walton got better since he left his school.

Maybe you watch a different Michigan team. Dude was a star from the B1G tourney and into the NCAA tourney. He carried them. He has been playing well all season. I said in the SL thread before we kicked off he could easily make this team. He's a great shooter and doesn't turn the ball over. He's a leader. Also, Wagner is an NBA talent.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

i dont know if i would call him a "great shooter". his JR and soph season, he shot 38% and 35% from the field. That is some pretty bad numbers. he did seem to really improve his 3 pt shoot his senior season. His size will be a bit of an issue, 6'1 with a 6'2 wing span will make it hard to get his shot off.

He reminds me a little of Kalid El Amin who played for UConn. Didn't have the typical athletic body type but had a good feel for the game and seemed to make plays.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Summer League Game Thread | Magic (0-1) vs. Heat (0-1) 3pm EST 7/2/2017 

Post#303 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:13 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:Isaac looks bigger than the centers he's played against the first two days of summer league, won't be long before he is an option at the 5 in the reg season imo

I agree. Biz or Vic will be traded during the regular season.

Or just keep them all and have some versatility. I think we need to pump the brakes on this Issac at center thing. We don't need to lose depth just because he can play center at times.

He looked better off the dribble And a little more aggressive imo. looked gassed at times (asthma) going up and down the court. The more big games like this the better. We'll see how they translate to the reg season. I didn't like waltons game and Zimmerman is still trash.

Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#304 » by fendilim » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:28 pm

Nothing new for him except his aggressiveness last night. 1, 2 dribble then pull up. We need him to be more aggressive to be able to contribute next year. Still raw and needs to add strength.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#305 » by basketballRob » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:32 pm

The Bull's fans have mixed feelings about Isaac. I was just curious of the reactions of fans on Isaac.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1577186&start=140
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#306 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:58 pm

basketballRob wrote:The Bull's fans have mixed feelings about Isaac. I was just curious of the reactions of fans on Isaac.

"There really isn't anything special about these highlights"

I don't understand that one but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#307 » by Knightro » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:07 pm

fendilim wrote:Nothing new for him except his aggressiveness last night. 1, 2 dribble then pull up. We need him to be more aggressive to be able to contribute next year. Still raw and needs to add strength.

Agreed.

All the stuff his scouting reports and tape said he could do - energy, activity, defensive awareness, rebounding, shot blocking, the ability switch on the perimeter, the ability to move his feet defensively, 1-2 dribble pull ups - he's shown all of that in spades.

What he hasn't shown/hasn't had an opportunity to show yet is the ability to attack in isolation or much ability to do anything that requires more than 2 dribbles. But there's plenty of time for that stuff to develop.

People talk about his high ceiling, but I'm increasingly convinced his FLOOR is actually really high on his height/length/activity alone.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#308 » by Bakomagic » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:21 pm

ORL_on_FIRE wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Bull's fans have mixed feelings about Isaac. I was just curious of the reactions of fans on Isaac.

"There really isn't anything special about these highlights"

I don't understand that one but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

well there no super cool crossover moves that lead to a dunk or inefficient pull up jumper haha. Some of the most impressive plays from Isaac may not of shown up in the highlight. I.E. switching onto a PG and the point guard thinking he had a quickness advantage, but Isaac was easily able to move his feet and stay in front, forcing him into a terrible fade away jumper that Isaac destroyed starting a fast break. Then, dominating the boards to the point where the other teams bigs stopped jumping for rebounds when Isaac was in the area. His last 4 rebounds where uncontested because nobody could reach the high point levels of Isaac.

Isaac doesn't waste a lot of movement in isolation, His IQ on offense and defense is really impressive but will go unnoticed in summer league to casual fans. His ability to always be in the right spot on offense and defense will make him successful early on in his career as his superstar skills (I.E. isolation, playmaking) develop.

with all that being said, for another teams board to be split on whether our prospect is going to be a star or not is a win considering the built in biases of being a fan of another team brings. Somebody even said Markennan>Isaac haha
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#309 » by Bakomagic » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:29 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:Isaac looks bigger than the centers he's played against the first two days of summer league, won't be long before he is an option at the 5 in the reg season imo

I agree. Biz or Vic will be traded during the regular season.

Or just keep them all and have some versatility. I think we need to pump the brakes on this Issac at center thing. We don't need to lose depth just because he can play center at times.

He looked better off the dribble And a little more aggressive imo. looked gassed at times (asthma) going up and down the court. The more big games like this the better. We'll see how they translate to the reg season. I didn't like waltons game and Zimmerman is still trash.

I hear ya,

I would like Isaac to play center for maybe 5-10 min a game.....eventually, in the way that Durant does for the warriors I don't think he should be the back up center or something.

I agree that zimm has been disappointing. I like Waltons game some, but I think his ceiling is a solid back up PG, people are already unseating Elf haha.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#310 » by MoGrAdY » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:44 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MoGrAdY wrote:
nymets1 wrote:I'm surprised Walton came in here and is vying for a roster spot very realistic now. I watched him before on tv when he played at Michigan. He didn't exactly play on a great team, he had guys like Zak Irvin, DJ Wilson,Adbur- Rahkman, Wagner. Him and DJ Wilson are the only pros from his school. He didn't get my attention at Michigan so maybe Walton got better since he left his school.

Maybe you watch a different Michigan team. Dude was a star from the B1G tourney and into the NCAA tourney. He carried them. He has been playing well all season. I said in the SL thread before we kicked off he could easily make this team. He's a great shooter and doesn't turn the ball over. He's a leader. Also, Wagner is an NBA talent.

i dont know if i would call him a "great shooter". his JR and soph season, he shot 38% and 35% from the field. That is some pretty bad numbers. he did seem to really improve his 3 pt shoot his senior season. His size will be a bit of an issue, 6'1 with a 6'2 wing span will make it hard to get his shot off.

You forgot to mention the 41% he shot as a FR, since when is 38% from 3 "pretty bad"? Nonetheless I'm pulling for dude to make the Team. I'd love to have a UM guy on the squad.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#311 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:35 pm

MoGrAdY wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MoGrAdY wrote:

You forgot to mention the 41% he shot as a FR, since when is 38% from 3 "pretty bad"? Nonetheless I'm pulling for dude to make the Team. I'd love to have a UM guy on the squad.

38% from the FIELD. from 3 that is decent, from the field, that is pretty bad
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#312 » by Xatticus » Tue Jul 4, 2017 12:34 am

tiderulz wrote:
MoGrAdY wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont know if i would call him a "great shooter". his JR and soph season, he shot 38% and 35% from the field. That is some pretty bad numbers. he did seem to really improve his 3 pt shoot his senior season. His size will be a bit of an issue, 6'1 with a 6'2 wing span will make it hard to get his shot off.

38% from the FIELD. from 3 that is decent, from the field, that is pretty bad

His FG% on 2-point jumpers in those seasons was horrid. I don't believe he has the tools or athleticism to succeed in the NBA. Being clever and consistent only gets you so far. I'm fine with carrying him on a cheap contract as depth to see how he gets on, but he has the same shortcomings of Augustin or Evans. It's really tough to succeed in the NBA when you are at a disadvantage in height and athleticism.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic