ImageImageImageImage

Goodbye: Jodie Meeks signs with Wizards (2yr/7mil)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Goodbye: Jodie Meeks signs with Wizards (2yr/7mil) 

Post#21 » by Skin » Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:09 pm

Right move to watch him walk away.

We absolutely HAVE TO know what we have with Mario (even if we think we know already lol).
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#22 » by drsd » Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:48 pm

Skin wrote:Right move to watch him walk away.

We absolutely HAVE TO know what we have with Mario (even if we think we know already lol).

Well this is one way to look at it. But Coach Vogel is on record as stating Hezonja will be examined as a small ball PF. Not as a SG.

So we will see.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#23 » by Skin » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:30 pm

drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:Right move to watch him walk away.

Well this is one way to look at it. But Coach Vogel is on record as stating Hezonja will be examined as a small ball PF. Not as a SG.

So we will see.

I admire that Vogel said that. It echos what I have been wanting to see from Mario because of my MASSIVE doubts in his capabilities.

But there's still a part of me that hopes I'm wrong about Pooper Mario. Hopefully, he will improve this offseason and hopefully Mario will be re-examined everywhere and hopefully he thrives on the wing..... and if that doesn't work, then as a last ditch effort to salvage anything out of him, maybe our last resort will be to make him a part time small ball PF off the bench. ...where he officially becomes a BUST.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#24 » by NickAnderson » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:33 pm

Probably the best henny signing

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#25 » by rusoopE » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:18 am

Not that long and athletic enough for John
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#26 » by Trailbreaker » Tue Jul 4, 2017 2:22 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:I enjoyed Jodie's time here with the Magic. Very solid player for us and he had a stretch when he was starting for Evan to where we looked like a competent basketball team. He'll be a nice fit with the Wizards off the bench.

solid player? was out to start the first 20 games or so, played 25 and was out again another 25 games. he didnt play defense, scoring was up and down, i wouldnt call him solid.

Hahahaha. Solid for the Magic, the bar must be set pretty low. I think all of us are getting used to mediocre to poor basketball. :(
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#27 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 2:47 pm

NickAnderson wrote:Probably the best henny signing

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

*traded for him.
Magic_Kingdom
Rookie
And1: 974

Post#28 » by Magic_Kingdom » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:49 am

I don't see how the Magic couldn't have used Jodie Meeks, especially for 2 years, $7 million. Literally no one on this team can shoot.
Yes he was injured a lot but what are they going to get at that price to fill his roster spot that can shoot like him on a team that needs shooting more than anything? This reminds me of trading the #25 pick for nothing on draft night -- do they have so much talent that they're just done this off-season? Would 2 years, $7 million have hindered them in any way? Would the salary for a #25 pick kill their chances to do other things? They have roster spots available. They have cap room. And they obviously aren't going to land a top-tier free agent. So what is the vision here?

Return to Orlando Magic