ImageImageImageImage

Look!!! Is it a bird? A Plane? Nope another PG - Shelvin Mack

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Re: Look!!! Is it a bird? A Plane? Nope another PG - Shelvin Mack 

Post#181 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 am

SOUL wrote:
JF5 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
We traded Oladipo and Harris and everyone complained that we didn't keep the young guys together and let them play. So now we keep all the young guys together to see what they can do and people complain. :cry:

Young guys who can score and have all around games... building around guys who lack offensive inclination or much of a skill set in general brings this team backward. Harris and Oladipo you had that hope, with Gordon and Payton it's hard to see it in my opinion.

I say all of those players are on the same level of "who knows where they'll end up" and have all shown clear strengths in different areas (Tobias iso scoring, Oladipo all-around, Gordon best defender, Payton best court vision/passer). We weren't going to trade Payton and AG after their first year or two, the issue is we traded Tobias in a terrible trade and the same with Oladipo looking back. This isn't a "who should've gone" scenario, it's a "why did we do it" scenario.

Oladipo + Harris would be such a mediocre future prospect. We should've got better returns for them, but pining for the days when we had them is just pointless since they're not difference makers at all.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#182 » by PennytoShaq » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:07 am

Bensational wrote:
SOUL wrote:
JF5 wrote:
Young guys who can score and have all around games... building around guys who lack offensive inclination or much of a skill set in general brings this team backward. Harris and Oladipo you had that hope, with Gordon and Payton it's hard to see it in my opinion.

I say all of those players are on the same level of "who knows where they'll end up" and have all shown clear strengths in different areas (Tobias iso scoring, Oladipo all-around, Gordon best defender, Payton best court vision/passer). We weren't going to trade Payton and AG after their first year or two, the issue is we traded Tobias in a terrible trade and the same with Oladipo looking back. This isn't a "who should've gone" scenario, it's a "why did we do it" scenario.

Oladipo + Harris would be such a mediocre future prospect. We should've got better returns for them, but pining for the days when we had them is just pointless since they're not difference makers at all.

I agree. I mean, Elf drops triple doubles like crazy. I am not a huge fan of the guy, but when I look at that and I see AG getting over 16 a game after moving to the 4 and basically improving almost across the board, I find a lot more hope than I did with Harris and Dipo. Those guys are mediocre. And the thing about Elf and AG is that most likely only one (if that) will remain. But at least we are giving them a fair shot to show what they can do. This is AG's first year to just come out and start and play the 4 full time from day 1.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#183 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 pm

For anyone interested, Mack did a short interview on the radio this afternoon.

http://od-cmg.streamguys1.com/orlando/orl580/scottanez/u2017071217502035093.mp3

Already sounds more useful than DJ.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#184 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:51 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Bensational wrote:
SOUL wrote:

I agree. I mean, Elf drops triple doubles like crazy. I am not a huge fan of the guy, but when I look at that and I see AG getting over 16 a game after moving to the 4 and basically improving almost across the board, I find a lot more hope than I did with Harris and Dipo. Those guys are mediocre. And the thing about Elf and AG is that most likely only one (if that) will remain. But at least we are giving them a fair shot to show what they can do. This is AG's first year to just come out and start and play the 4 full time from day 1.

Hindsight at it's best. In 2015 Oladipo after allstar break averaged +20 ppg ,4,5 apg, 4rpg on 35% for 3
Harris 2015 April: 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 49% FG, 38% for 3

They were about same age as Payton and Oladipo are now. So to say they were "medicore prospects" compared to Payton and Gordon is pretty laughable . But now you know for sure they won't turn into stars , something you don't know ( but actually you do, but you are in denial ) about Payton and Gordon.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PennytoShaq

Post#185 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 am

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Hindsight at it's best. In 2015 Oladipo after allstar break averaged +20 ppg ,4,5 apg, 4rpg on 35% for 3

They were about same age as Payton and Oladipo are now. So to say they were "medicore prospects" compared to Payton and Gordon is pretty laughable . But now you know for sure they won't turn into stars , something you don't know ( but actually you do, but you are in denial ) about Payton and Gordon.

Man you just missed the entire point. Oladipo got tons of minutes as a starter from the beginning. We know what that guy is. Hes already been traded to his 3rd team. Ag is younger missed half his rookie year and then was a reserve before starting and getting moved back to SF.

My point was that we are finally giving them a fair shot as starters. Thats it. The rest of what you are saying about me thinking they will be stars is nowhere in my quote at all. Thats in your head. Try getting out of there sometime.
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#186 » by Tayswagzzz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Man you just missed the entire point. Oladipo got tons of minutes as a starter from the beginning. We know what that guy is. Hes already been traded to his 3rd team. Ag is younger missed half his rookie year and then was a reserve before starting and getting moved back to SF.

My point was that we are finally giving them a fair shot as starters. Thats it. The rest of what you are saying about me thinking they will be stars is nowhere in my quote at all. Thats in your head. Try getting out of there sometime.

He got traded in a package for PAUL GEORGE. Lol. Oladipo is not some mediocre roleplayer like you're making him out to be...but yeah I agree AG can still be a special player, future all-star for sure. Just saying, if the player isn't on the Magic it doesn't mean you have to hate on them.
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
PennytoShaq

Post#187 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:28 am

Tayswagzzz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

He got traded in a package for PAUL GEORGE. Lol. Oladipo is not some mediocre roleplayer like you're making him out to be...but yeah I agree AG can still be a special player, future all-star for sure. Just saying, if the player isn't on the Magic it doesn't mean you have to hate on them.

Yes in a trade that was widely panned and questioned by everyone. LOL. I have no hate because Oladipo is not on the Magic. I just do not think he is a great player and do think that Indiana was robbed in that trade.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#188 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
Tayswagzzz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Yes in a trade that was widely panned and questioned by everyone. LOL. I have no hate because Oladipo is not on the Magic. I just do not think he is a great player and do think that Indiana was robbed in that trade.

Dipo is still solid starter. Playing with Westbrook isn't easy and George was traded on West on purpose.

I just said that, if we are going to rely so hard on 30 games streach for Payton and Gordon as indicators of a future, than it's fair to say that both Oladipo and Harris at their age had similar jump in their stats and well, and it didn't translate into next year ( or any other year for that matter ) at all. Both of them finished 2015 season dancing with 20 ppg on high efficiency.

Also Pacers were afraid that they will end up with nothing if George Lakers desire gets even more open in public. So they did panic move. Still getting 20 years old prospect who was lottery pick and productive two way SG i on East isn't that bad of a deal. i can see Oladipo , Lance and Bogdanovic, along with Turner ,Collison and Young fight for 8# seed.
PennytoShaq

Post#189 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 am

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Tayswagzzz wrote:

Dipo is still solid starter. Playing with Westbrook isn't easy and George was traded on West on purpose.

I just said that, if we are going to rely so hard on 30 games streach for Payton and Gordon as indicators of a future, than it's fair to say that both Oladipo and Harris at their age had similar jump in their stats and well, and it didn't translate into next year ( or any other year for that matter ) at all. Both of them finished 2015 season dancing with 20 ppg on high efficiency.

Also Pacers were afraid that they will end up with nothing if George Lakers desire gets even more open in public. So they did panic move. Still getting 20 years old prospect who was lottery pick and productive two way SG i on East isn't that bad of a deal. i can see Oladipo , Lance and Bogdanovic, along with Turner ,Collison and Young fight for 8# seed.

Oh cool. So you are saying that Hennigan actually was a good drafter then? It's interesting the level of excuses you just made for Oladipo compared to the guys on our roster.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#190 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Oh cool. So you are saying that Hennigan actually was a good drafter then? It's interesting the level of excuses you just made for Oladipo compared to the guys on our roster.

Oladipo in my books is what i think it's realistic expetation for Gordon. Solid starter, but not guy to build around.

What was excuse for Oladipo? That Westbrook is hard to play with ? That's why Durant is still there and Ibaka didn't complain in public about it... oh ...wait ... :lol:
Guy had highest usage rate in nba history, basically will never pass a ball if that can't benefit his inflated APG and who will act like a spoiled baby yelling at teammates when they don't pass him a ball ( and ofc, traditional 45 foot 3s for no reason with 18 seconds on the clock )
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#191 » by tiderulz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 am

Tayswagzzz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

or if they dont turn out to be a superstar, we dont have to hate on them either. You dont fill out a team with all superstars. Even GS doesnt field 5 superstars on the court.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#192 » by Jiwol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Tayswagzzz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

or if they dont turn out to be a superstar, we dont have to hate on them either. You dont fill out a team with all superstars. Even GS doesnt field 5 superstars on the court.

Why such disrespect for Zaza?! Have you seen his all star votes numbers?!
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#193 » by Tarheel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm

``I can bring a winning attitude,’’ said Mack, who signed a free-agent contract with the Magic on Sunday. ``The past four seasons I’ve been on winning teams. I’ve played with all-stars and max (contract) players and I’ve been able to mix in with all kinds of players. I’m a leader and I feel like I can get the best out of guys. I can be one of those guys who can talk to (Magic center Nikola) Vucevic and get him to do something that we need him to do.

``I feel like I know how to communicate with every guy on the team, and on playoff teams, you need a guy like that,’’ he added. ``I can communicate with the guys not playing and keep them involved and keep everybody happy. So I take a lot of pride in being a winner and a team-first guy.’’

Some nice comments from Mack on the OS. Like his attitude.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/shelvin-mack-i-can-bring-winning-attitude-20170712
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#194 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 am

Tarheel wrote:
``I can bring a winning attitude,’’ said Mack, who signed a free-agent contract with the Magic on Sunday. ``The past four seasons I’ve been on winning teams. I’ve played with all-stars and max (contract) players and I’ve been able to mix in with all kinds of players. I’m a leader and I feel like I can get the best out of guys. I can be one of those guys who can talk to (Magic center Nikola) Vucevic and get him to do something that we need him to do.

``I feel like I know how to communicate with every guy on the team, and on playoff teams, you need a guy like that,’’ he added. ``I can communicate with the guys not playing and keep them involved and keep everybody happy. So I take a lot of pride in being a winner and a team-first guy.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/shelvin-mack-i-can-bring-winning-attitude-20170712

capable of guarding players MUCH bigger than him. will help us go small ball and dominate the Warriors and Cavs
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie

Post#195 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:24 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
darthmerrick wrote:Ugh...I come back from vacation to find that the only signing was Shelvin Mack?

Why did we fire Henny if we were going to keep the 29 win team together? Hammond and Weltman were brought in to keep the core of losers together and tweak the roster with Shelvin Mack!!!!

We traded Oladipo and Harris and everyone complained that we didn't keep the young guys together and let them play. So now we keep all the young guys together to see what they can do and people complain. :cry:

I love you, man. You truly bleed blue and white. This is true hardcore Orlando Magic fandom. So make like the play of EP Triple-Dubs, and live a little erratically. If you have patience, join a knitting club.
Bobby Knight says:

NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie

Post#196 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:25 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
darthmerrick wrote:Ugh...I come back from vacation to find that the only signing was Shelvin Mack?

Why did we fire Henny if we were going to keep the 29 win team together? Hammond and Weltman were brought in to keep the core of losers together and tweak the roster with Shelvin Mack!!!!

I love you, man. You truly bleed blue and white. This is true hardcore Orlando Magic fandom. So make like the play of EP Triple-Dubs, and live a little erratically. If you want patience, join a knitting club.
Bobby Knight says:

NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie

Post#197 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 am

Tarheel wrote:

Thank you for sharing.
Bobby Knight says:

NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie

Post#198 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:29 am

NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:
Tarheel wrote:

capable of guarding players MUCH bigger than him. will help us go small ball and dominate the Warriors and Cavs

Would you say he's like a MACK TRUCK.
Bobby Knight says:

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#199 » by cedric76 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

i m surprise he measure 6'1 WO shoes at pre draft combine, he look smaller than that

simmons was measured 6'5 WO shoes but look at least 7 inches taller than him
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)