ImageImageImageImage

Look!!! Is it a bird? A Plane? Nope another PG - Shelvin Mack

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Re: Look!!! Is it a bird? A Plane? Nope another PG - Shelvin Mack 

Post#141 » by Darth Magic » Sat Jul 8, 2017 9:55 pm

Global Game wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Global Game wrote:Team needs offense and shooting...sign Mack.

This move counter intuitive unless another move is coming.

Yeah I understand that. But we are not going to find answers that make this team that much better in free agency and probably not in trades either. Yes we have needs but we shouldn't feel pressured to fill those needs now as I think everybody should understand that we have no reason to win that much more this coming season.

That's a strategy.

We can't fill the needs in the draft. Can't solve it via trades. Can't solve it via free agency. Should we start building our players? :lol:
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#142 » by the_hobo » Sat Jul 8, 2017 10:12 pm

I think i understand. Sign Mack and trade to Nets for Nicholson.... THAT would be an off-season move id like to see!
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#143 » by Global Game » Sat Jul 8, 2017 11:37 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
Global Game wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah I understand that. But we are not going to find answers that make this team that much better in free agency and probably not in trades either. Yes we have needs but we shouldn't feel pressured to fill those needs now as I think everybody should understand that we have no reason to win that much more this coming season.

That's a strategy.

We can't fill the needs in the draft. Can't solve it via trades. Can't solve it via free agency. Should we start building our players? :lol:

Counter intuitive was what came to mind for me when I read about this move.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#144 » by Darth Magic » Sat Jul 8, 2017 11:48 pm

Global Game wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:
Global Game wrote:
That's a strategy.

Counter intuitive was what came to mind for me when I read about this move.

Agreed
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#145 » by drsd » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:41 am

Only one more day of the CJ Watson era. Here comes Mack!
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#146 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:24 am

Darth Magic wrote:
Global Game wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah I understand that. But we are not going to find answers that make this team that much better in free agency and probably not in trades either. Yes we have needs but we shouldn't feel pressured to fill those needs now as I think everybody should understand that we have no reason to win that much more this coming season.

That's a strategy.

I was talking about this year. Next Summer is a whole another ball game. Hopefully we can create some space. Hopefully we can nab a top pick and with that pick, Isaac and the cap space try and lure someone here and if not wait till the following year.
darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#147 » by darthmerrick » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:41 pm

Ugh...I come back from vacation to find that the only signing was Shelvin Mack?

Why did we fire Henny if we were going to keep the 29 win team together? Hammond and Weltman were brought in to keep the core of losers together and tweak the roster with Shelvin Mack!!!!
darthmerrick
Starter

Post#148 » by darthmerrick » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:45 pm

the_hobo wrote:I think i understand. Sign Mack and trade to Nets for Nicholson.... THAT would be an off-season move id like to see!

Sign Illyasova and Brandon Jennings then trade Issac and 4 first rounders for Mo Harkless!
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#149 » by T-Cat » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:31 pm

I would do this trade just to make room for Shevlin Mack plus Knicks need a veteran PG to help mentor Nitklina!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73g4pgo
melasdas
Junior
And1: 302

Post#150 » by melasdas » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:37 pm

p0peye wrote:At the same time, Clippers nabbed Miloš Teodosić under same contract terms.

Teodosic is better than Payton.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,316

Post#151 » by Knightro » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:26 pm

T-Cat wrote:I would do this trade just to make room for Shevlin Mack plus Knicks need a veteran PG to help mentor Nitklina!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73g4pgo

Thomas is terrible, but so is Augustin, so I'd take the minor cap savings and be happy with it.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#152 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:29 pm

melasdas wrote:
p0peye wrote:At the same time, Clippers nabbed Miloš Teodosić under same contract terms.

Everyone in the NBA, Euroleague, Summer League, NCAA, WNBA, and the NFL is a better basketball player than Elfrid according to this board.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
darthmerrick
Starter

Post#153 » by darthmerrick » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:17 pm

j-ragg wrote:
melasdas wrote:

Everyone in the NBA, Euroleague, Summer League, NCAA, WNBA, and the NFL is a better basketball player than Elfrid according to this board.

This is a critical year for Elf's career, does he make the leap (improve shooting and become consistant), or do we not match and let him go play in Europe? :nod:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#154 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:37 pm

darthmerrick wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
melasdas wrote:

This is a critical year for Elf's career, does he make the leap (improve shooting and become consistant), or do we not match and let him go play in Europe? :nod:

He was probably the best player on the team this year so... if he ends up in Europe it doesn't say very good things for the direction we are going.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,273

Post#155 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:55 pm

Teodosic will have lot of spectacular plays with Blake, guy has amazing floor vision. Is he better than Payton? I don't know, but running pick&roll with Jordan will make him look good no matter what.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#156 » by p0peye » Sun Jul 9, 2017 9:52 pm

Teodosić would be perfect for us with his vision, creativity and marksmanship. He would be complete liability on defense, but hey, nobody besides Vučević, Biyombo and AG did much on that side last season anyway. With Teo we might have a chance to make Magic basketball fun again.

I wouldn't compare him to Payton, they are on different paths in their career and totally different as players and athletes. Teo accomplished a lot and playing in NBA is one of few challenges left to tackle.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#157 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:01 pm

j-ragg wrote:
melasdas wrote:

All this guy does is bash magic players. And he doesn't even know what he is talking about.
melasdas
Junior
And1: 302

Post#158 » by melasdas » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:15 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
melasdas wrote:

All this guy does is bash magic players. And he doesn't even know what he is talking about.

I guess you have not seen european basketball in your life. Are you one of those who thinks that world is only America?

Europe has two or three teams that would make playoffs in the East whereas Orlando is not capable of.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#159 » by OrlandoDream » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:16 pm

This must mean that the "Js" are gone. No way we keep 4 PG going into camp.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#160 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:17 pm

darthmerrick wrote:Ugh...I come back from vacation to find that the only signing was Shelvin Mack?

Why did we fire Henny if we were going to keep the 29 win team together? Hammond and Weltman were brought in to keep the core of losers together and tweak the roster with Shelvin Mack!!!!

We traded Oladipo and Harris and everyone complained that we didn't keep the young guys together and let them play. So now we keep all the young guys together to see what they can do and people complain. :cry:

Return to Orlando Magic