ImageImageImageImage

Kyrie Irving has requested a trade. Do we have a shot?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Re: Kyrie Irving has requested a trade. Do we have a shot? 

Post#581 » by p0peye » Sat Aug 5, 2017 7:48 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:If we could pull this off!!! I'm totally down! Would clear up some PT at the wing positions as well!

But would Clips do that? They still have Austin Rivers and acquired Juwan Evans in a draft day trade.

Austin Rivers isn't much of a pg.... and Jawun didn't quite have the most stunning summer either. haha.... but this is all hypothetical.

Clips signed Teodosić this summer. He ain't playing defense, but neither does Elfrid. Offensively, Teo is light years ahead of Elf, hard to compare actually.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 847

Post#582 » by axl_c_cool » Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:32 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247092/Kyrie-Irving-Unwilling-To-Commit-Long-Term-To-Any-Team-Trading-For-Him

Kyrie is slowly killing his value..... lol.... Payton Ross and Vooch.... get it done! :lol:

Yep he doesn't have to commit long term here. See how it goes this season and then the following season by deadline time or around the draft you can deal him if it looks like he's going to walk.

I don't think that hurts his value....if anything, in this specific scenario, it helps his value. If he came out and said the only place he'd commit to long term was X, Y, & Z, it narrows Cleveland's chances to get a decent package. I don't think anyone would expect him to commit long term to a brand new team with two years left on his deal. It's too early to commit long term, anywhere.

I think it hurts his value but opens up more options, It limits what teams are going to give, that's the main point of this to me. Personally I put anyone on the table who isn't Gordon or Isaac and say make a package. In a straight deal there are 4 options to me

Package 1 (Small): Vucevic/Ross/Payton for Irving

Package 2 (Medium): Vucevic/Fournier/Payton for Irving/Shumpert

Package 3 (Large): Vucevic/Fournier/Ross/Payton for Irving/Shumpert/Frye

Package (Extra Large): Vucevic/Fournier/Ross/Payton/ for Irving/Shumpert/Frye/Smith

We can add picks in where needed with any deal, they each raise in players depending on who Cleveland want to keep, each of our players are an upgrade with contract, age, and ability though
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#583 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 2:55 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
Yep he doesn't have to commit long term here. See how it goes this season and then the following season by deadline time or around the draft you can deal him if it looks like he's going to walk.

I don't think that hurts his value....if anything, in this specific scenario, it helps his value. If he came out and said the only place he'd commit to long term was X, Y, & Z, it narrows Cleveland's chances to get a decent package. I don't think anyone would expect him to commit long term to a brand new team with two years left on his deal. It's too early to commit long term, anywhere.

I think it hurts his value but opens up more options, It limits what teams are going to give, that's the main point of this to me. Personally I put anyone on the table who isn't Gordon or Isaac and say make a package. In a straight deal there are 4 options to me

Package 1 (Small): Vucevic/Ross/Payton for Irving

Package 2 (Medium): Vucevic/Fournier/Payton for Irving/Shumpert

Package 3 (Large): Vucevic/Fournier/Ross/Payton for Irving/Shumpert/Frye

Package (Extra Large): Vucevic/Fournier/Ross/Payton/ for Irving/Shumpert/Frye/Smith

We can add picks in where needed with any deal, they each raise in players depending on who Cleveland want to keep, each of our players are an upgrade with contract, age, and ability though

I'll take option 3 and that 7.5 mill Frye expiring.

Kyrie/Mack
Shump/AA
Simmons/Hezjona
AG/Isaac/Frye
Biz/Speights/Birch

I don't know how many games this lineup could win. Would Kyrie and Luka work? If so ask Kyrie to be patient tank this year, add a top 3 talent to that core. ^ Hope to see added growth from AG/Hezjona, Isaac. Kyrie, AG, Hezonja, Isaac, top 3 talent is a nice core to have moving forward. IF Kyrie stays, he could help recruit FAs down the road. Frye & AA expiring's come off the books = 9 mill, Shump the following year = 10 mill. 19 mill comes off the books next two seasons between those 3. That money plus if you can get out from under Biz contract, maybe have enough for Kyrie, AG extensions?
That would be Kyrie's team like he wants, not playing 2nd fiddle to anyone.

Could also attempt to move Biz, then take Bagley, Ayton or Bamba as your top 3 pick, If Kyrie/Luka are not a good pairing.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#584 » by nymets1 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 10:37 pm

I saw on espn.com that Kyrie went to Dan GIlbert privately and asked for a trade. If kyrie kept it private, than the only way it can leak is if Dan Gilbert starts talking.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#585 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:59 am

nymets1 wrote:I saw on espn.com that Kyrie went to Dan GIlbert privately and asked for a trade. If kyrie kept it private, than the only way it can leak is if Dan Gilbert starts talking.

Didn't lebron leak it? I thought he was on holidays when the meeting took place then it leaked as soon as he got back and there were cavs staffers rumouring that it was lebron leaking it. It came from his favourite reporters too
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#586 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:10 pm

Have we landed Kyrie yet?
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#587 » by NBAchamps2017 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:16 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:Have we landed Kyrie yet?

Soon. Coming. Prepare. Season ticket price will jump 100%. Game tickets will soar 200%. Arena will be sold out each home game. 50,000 of Kyrie's jersey will be sold out in an hour!

Magic fans once again will be put under the spotlight! Make some noise! Big noise! Make Amway arena explode! Excitement and fun are back where it belong!

Spoiler:
poof... then I woke up. Its just a dream!
Darn it!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#588 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:50 pm

Evidently, the Cavs and Pistons have had talks on Kyrie. Not sure what that entailed though.

the Cavs and Pistons have held some talks, and I have heard they did involve Jackson, but those didn’t get very far. I actually like your idea, but I doubt the Pistons are willing to part with Drummond or Johnson just yet. But you never know. Word is, if the Cavs can’t get something done with the Suns, the Pistons will be among the teams they turn to next.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-carmelo-anthony-nba-analysis/

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#589 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:00 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Evidently, the Cavs and Pistons have had talks on Kyrie. Not sure what that entailed though.

the Cavs and Pistons have held some talks, and I have heard they did involve Jackson, but those didn’t get very far. I actually like your idea, but I doubt the Pistons are willing to part with Drummond or Johnson just yet. But you never know. Word is, if the Cavs can’t get something done with the Suns, the Pistons will be among the teams they turn to next.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-carmelo-anthony-nba-analysis/

Slowed down after SJ dropped 86 points in the OVO game. lol

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/8/6/16102876/detroit-pistons-stanley-johnson-86-points-ovo-game
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#590 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#591 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Read on Twitter
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#592 » by nymets1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Wow I'm so shocked right now, I guess it makes sense for Boston to get rid of Isiaah Thomas but I be very shocked if the Celtics are throwing in Jae Crowder and pick(s)? If this trade goes down, Celtics and Cavaliers will be some rivalry this coming year, both teams will be very heated with each other, a fight might break out.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Mike1989
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#593 » by Mike1989 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 pm

So the Celtics go from...

IT / Bradley / Crowder / Johnson / Horford

To...

Irving / Brown / Hayward / Morris / Horford

And the Cavs go from...

Irving / Smith / Lebron / Love / Thompson

To...

IT / Smith / Lebron / Love / Thompson

I'd say that trade works for both parties, and in the Celtics case is arguably better than last season.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#594 » by MoMM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Celtics are sending Thomas, Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick for Kyrie Irving, league sources tell The Vertical.

:o :o :o
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#595 » by dsg2021 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:55 pm

MoMM wrote:Celtics are sending Thomas, Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 first-round pick for Kyrie Irving, league sources tell The Vertical.

:o :o :o

I was literally thinking about why isn't Boston chasing - and closing - this deal 2 nights ago. Congrats to them and their fans!
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Kyrie Irving has requested a trade. Do we have a shot? 

Post#596 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:00 am

Like I said in the beginning of this thread this is exactly why we didn't have the assets to get kyrie. We literally would of had to trade Gordon, Isaac, Payton, and multiple first rounders and I still don't think Cleveland would have been interested. Especially when a trade like that from Boston and Phoenix was on the table.

Anyways, I'm glad we can finally put this thread to rest.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#597 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 am

INBTL
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#598 » by Viper1500 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 am

What a great trade for Cleveland.. Kyrie is clearly the best player in the trade but still one hell of a deal.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#599 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 am

My first thought is Boston got raped.
Keep your politics out of my sports
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#600 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 am

Now that I think of it... Kyrie sucks.

Return to Orlando Magic