ImageImageImageImage

Magic signs Speights

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Re: Magic signs Speights 

Post#101 » by shadrock » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:11 am

So this doesnt seem to be official yet. Nothing on the Sentinel about it, and no update to our roster on ESPN, despite is having Afflalo already. Seems weird.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: RE: Re: Magic signs Speights 

Post#102 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:25 am

shadrock wrote:So this doesnt seem to be official yet. Nothing on the Sentinel about it, and no update to our roster on ESPN, despite is having Afflalo already. Seems weird.

Afflalo isn't official. They're both vet minimum deals and will be announced once we use whats left of our cap space.....if we use it.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#103 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:57 am

I like this signing. Speights is a solid vet and a shooter for a big man. We need both of those attributes on this young team. Kinda get the feeling that we're trying to unload Biz contract and prob gonna package Mario as an incentive.
chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Post#104 » by chosen12141 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:11 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
shadrock wrote:So this doesnt seem to be official yet. Nothing on the Sentinel about it, and no update to our roster on ESPN, despite is having Afflalo already. Seems weird.

Afflalo isn't official. They're both vet minimum deals and will be announced once we use whats left of our cap space.....if we use it.

And we know this how my friend? I love the signing, but is there a signing? :-?
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#105 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:19 pm

chosen12141 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

vet min deals can be signed any time, even when over the cap; but, when signed, they count against the cap. With us still having about $2.something left to spend, it's smarter to make those vet min deals official after we've used up all the cap we have. Making those signings official now will use up the rest of our cap.

hope my explanation isn't confusing and makes sense.
chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Post#106 » by chosen12141 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:48 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
chosen12141 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

vet min deals can be signed any time, even when over the cap; but, when signed, they count against the cap. With us still having about $2.something left to spend, it's smarter to make those vet min deals official after we've used up all the cap we have. Making those signings official now will use up the rest of our cap.

Well my friend, it is a good explanation as to how it is done, but what I need to know is when his signature is on the contract!

All we have been able to get on this is that they spoke with the team, and some reports say that he has agreed, but nothing says that the deal is done. This is what I struggle with. :banghead:
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#107 » by shadrock » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:37 am

chosen12141 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
chosen12141 wrote:

Well my friend, it is a good explanation as to how it is done, but what I need to know is when his signature is on the contract!

All we have been able to get on this is that they spoke with the team, and some reports say that he has agreed, but nothing says that the deal is done. This is what I struggle with. :banghead:

Josh Robbins answered a tweet of mine today. He seems confident:

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,338

Post#108 » by Knightro » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Orlando Magic