ImageImageImageImage

Gearing up for a trade?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Gearing up for a trade? 

Post#1 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:26 am

After the Simmons acquisition people were already questioning if we were gearing up for a trade of some sort with our wing depth, then even more with the Speights news with already signing Birch who is somewhat expected to get some playing time having to get a buyout from his former club.

Furthermore now the Affalo and even the Iwundu deals.

Are we gearing up for a trade of some sort and if so who could be on the block and who could we potentially be after? Are we after cap relief and players on better/shorter contracts? Are we after pick compensation? Maybe pairing up a good and bad contract to get rid of the bad contract?

ORRRRRRR

Is this simply adding depth and structure to a team that genuinely never had it so we don't know how to react when we actually have a decent bench lol?

Discuss.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Re: Gearing up for a trade? 

Post#2 » by bargnanimvp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 am

Not sure if we trade in the short term but I definitely think we will trade some guys before the trade deadline.

I imagine it's either trying to trade for someone who is a border line star or trying to trade one of our decent wings with a contract like biyombo or even DJ for shorter term salary.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,243

Post#3 » by Statlanta » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:48 am

The front office wants to play the season conservative so I think we will see deals after the trade deadline(which was moved up).
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,340

Post#4 » by Knightro » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 am

As of now, they have 15 guaranteed contracts assuming Afflalo/Speights/Birch all sign.

So they don't HAVE to make a trade.

My guess is that they're heavily shopping Augustin, Vucevic and Biyombo.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#5 » by OrlandO » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:13 am

We're making a run for the 8th seed without handcuffing our future with dumb deals. If the team falls flat and loses a bunch of games there will probably be some trades, but I doubt signing guys like afflalo and speights would have anything to do with it... they're on minimum 1 year deals. I think they're just depth signings, so there are no excuses for the players or coach this season.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#6 » by drsd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 am

It would suck to be Augustin this off-season.

Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#7 » by Jiwol » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 am

drsd wrote:It would suck to be Augustin this off-season.

It seems like he's being shopped around since he left Charlotte. We're his 8th team in 5 years. Nothing new for the guy.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#8 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:30 am

Jiwol wrote:

It seems like he's being shopped around since he left Charlotte. We're his 8th team in 5 years. Nothing new for the guy.

:rofl:
Young Thunder
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#9 » by Young Thunder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 am

With Mack, Augustin is on the trade block for sure. And Hezonja. He won´t have playing time with the new wing rotation. I think something with Denver could work...

Hezonja and Augustin for Mudiay and Arthur

Hezonja and Mudiay both are young players in the wrong place.
Denver have so many PFs (Millsap, Faried, Arthur, Lyles, Juancho, Lydon...)

Payton-Mack-Mudiay
Ross-Afflalo-GH
Fournier-Simmons
Gordon-Isaac-Arthur
Vuc-Biyombo-Speights

This is a very solid rotation...
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#10 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

It would make sense for us to try and trade Augustine with Hezonja attached as an incentive to take on Augustine's contract. Send those two out for an expiring or a 2nd rounder.
tillyoubleed
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#11 » by tillyoubleed » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Jared Dudley & 2nd
For
Dj & Mario

Suns losing Knight for a while, could use a decent back-up pg
chiefholmes
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#12 » by chiefholmes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:30 pm

I just wonder if we are viewing Mario through rose tinted glasses?

Not sure that there will be a clamour for his services and not quite convinced he falls into the 'incentive' bracket for packages with bad contracts. We like to view him as young guy with potential and upside because we took him 5th in the draft.
But from the outside he is a player who has failed to crack the rotation on 2 bad teams (29 wins last season) and has not made any progress during his time in the league.

I'm not saying he has nothing to offer but he is the odd man out in our team. A team that has not made the playoffs in 5 years and has no real star, so not sure somebody who cant make our team will be being cavorted by other teams.

I think T-Ross or even Evan are the type of players teams will be looking to snag in taking a bad contract like DJ or Biz.

Mario just doesn't have value at this point in his career
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#13 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Jiwol wrote:

He is a millionaire, Im sure he is going to be ok.
aka: prorl
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#14 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:It would make sense for us to try and trade Augustine with Hezonja attached as an incentive to take on Augustine's contract. Send those two out for an expiring or a 2nd rounder.

that would free up ~$12M.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#15 » by The Effect » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:23 pm

chiefholmes wrote:I just wonder if we are viewing Mario through rose tinted glasses?

r

Rise colored glasses? People are taking about trading him for 2nd rounder or even mentioned Jared Dudley, trade value doesn't really get lower than that.

Personally because of how low his value is,I'd rather keep him and hope it finally clicks for him than give him away for nothing and instead try to trade Ross or even Evan, but I think Fournier would be harder to trade

To me, unless we are somehow putting a package together for Kyrie, I'd hope we stand pat and give this team the season to gel instead of making a move for the sake of making a move
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#16 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Jiwol wrote:

:rofl:

I wonder if he'll break Jim Jackson's or Tony Massenberg's record for playing for most teams in a NBA career.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#17 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:26 pm

The Effect wrote:
chiefholmes wrote:I just wonder if we are viewing Mario through rose tinted glasses?

r

Rise colored glasses? People are taking about trading him for 2nd rounder or even mentioned Jared Dudley, trade value doesn't really get lower than that.

Personally because of how low his value is,I'd rather keep him and hope it finally clicks for him than give him away for nothing and instead try to trade Ross or even Evan, but I think Fournier would be harder to trade

To me, unless we are somehow putting a package together for Kyrie, I'd hope we stand pat and give this team the season to gel instead of making a move for the sake of making a move

I believe the points was do we really think teams will swallow DJ's contract just to get their hands on Mario?

This would be a salary dump move for us. The names in the deal doesn't matter; just the contracts.
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#18 » by Scottg247 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Right now I feel like we are a team with a bunch of 6th men. Solid 6th men too haha.
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#19 » by fklt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm

hezonja for a second round pick to dallas. book it.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#20 » by j-ragg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:35 pm

The fact that they renounced that whopping 1 million dollars over three years has to raise eyebrows somewhat right?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic