ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume XII - The Training (Camp) arc

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume XII - The Training (Camp) arc 

Post#441 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 am

Gomagic44 wrote:I will at least give them credit for improving the music played on breaks on tv. It was the worst entertainment music I've ever heard 2-3 seasons ago. Like no name pop rock groups.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

it's still horrible, 90% of nba teams play obnoxious music
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#442 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 am

Zmill wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
Zmill wrote:
Anyone who lasted all season attending games until the final buzzer went off is a straight masochist. Definitely one of the most miserable seasons, if not the most miserable, I've endured as a sports fan at the college or pro level.

I haven't been to a game since Oladipo's rookie season, the product is just too bad (both on the court and arena atmosphere). My time/money is more valuable

I watched every game last season, some i did other things while watching though.

if i went i'd never leave before the buzzer, i don't get why that's so common in u.s sports for losing fans to just leave

Blanket statement, but more people have to drive longer distances to get home in the US versus Europe. Leaving with everyone else at the end of the 4th when the Magic lose by 30, you're guaranteed to hit some traffic... just makes the experience that much more brutal

I guess it depends how far you travel that's true. I don't live in Europe. Where i live traffic is terrible if you drive to an event but we have a lot of public transport and they time it well so as a sporting event finishes there's a bunch more trains running to take everyone home.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#443 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:36 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:I will at least give them credit for improving the music played on breaks on tv. It was the worst entertainment music I've ever heard 2-3 seasons ago. Like no name pop rock groups.

Ever see Detroit's halftime shows? They have Busta Ryhmes and we have the disabled foundation allstars(no disrespect) but for entertainment purposes come on, man. We had a cool, yet washed up and awkward male contortionist/balance artist the last game I went to. I couldn't stop thinking of the Busta concert. Who are they selling to? The Brazilian tourists wanna see this crap? Do the wine and cheezers wanna see that? I don't get it. The Amway Center has a poor basketball atmosphere, but they have all sorts of concerts year round. They can't convince some talent to stay for the magic halftime?
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#444 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:42 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
Zmill wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:I watched every game last season, some i did other things while watching though.

if i went i'd never leave before the buzzer, i don't get why that's so common in u.s sports for losing fans to just leave

Blanket statement, but more people have to drive longer distances to get home in the US versus Europe. Leaving with everyone else at the end of the 4th when the Magic lose by 30, you're guaranteed to hit some traffic... just makes the experience that much more brutal

I guess it depends how far you travel that's true. I don't live in Europe. Where i live traffic is terrible if you drive to an event but we have a lot of public transport and they time it well so as a sporting event finishes there's a bunch more trains running to take everyone home.

When I was a kid and my dad brought me to games, we would leave 2-3 minutes early on week nights. We lived in Altomonte Springs. Even when we had Shaq if i remember correctly. I-4 traffic is a bitch after sporting events. I-4 is STILL under construction, 20 years later. If you gotta get up early like he did to bring kids to school and what not, I don't blame you. For me, with my magic, it's sometimes not worth it to stay. You know your gonna lose when your down by 15 with 5 minutes left. We are diehards. You wanna spend 15 more minutes in traffic based on principle? I'd rather get home and look at what you fine folk have had to say about the absurdity I just witnessed.

Diehard 5 years now. Hard 5 years. :P
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach

Post#445 » by bargnanimvp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:44 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:

Ever see Detroit's halftime shows? They have Busta Ryhmes and we have the disabled foundation allstars(no disrespect) but for entertainment purposes come on, man. We had a cool, yet washed up and awkward male contortionist/balance artist the last game I went to. I couldn't stop thinking of the Busta concert. Who are they selling to? The Brazilian tourists wanna see this crap? Do the wine and cheezers wanna see that? I don't get it. The Amway Center has a poor basketball atmosphere, but they have all sorts of concerts year round. They can't convince some talent to stay for the magic halftime?

They should just get the chinese girl who spins bowls all the time. Or similar kind of performers. I don't think they need a concert or something even the disabled players or having kids play is cool in my opinion. It's the arena music that can be improved so many just have cringey songs, you don't need hip songs just vary it up abit with some known classic songs instead of the same cheesey hip hop type songs they play all season long.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#446 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 am

bargnanimvp wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:it's still horrible, 90% of nba teams play obnoxious music

They should just get the chinese girl who spins bowls all the time. Or similar kind of performers. I don't think they need a concert or something even the disabled players or having kids play is cool in my opinion. It's the arena music that can be improved so many just have cringey songs, you don't need hip songs just vary it up abit with some known classic songs instead of the same cheesey hip hop type songs they play all season long.

Maybe I'm a horrible individual, but I've seen the chinese girls too many times.

We are Orlando, Florida, USA. Why do we need to settle for basement level talent at our premier sporting events? :crazy:
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#447 » by fendilim » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:

Maybe I'm a horrible individual, but I've seen the chinese girls too many times.

We are Orlando, Florida, USA. Why do we need to settle for basement level talent at our premier sporting events? :crazy:

Well maybe Disney will have Mickey, Minnie and their friends to shoot basketball for halftime shows.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#448 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 am

fendilim wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:They should just get the chinese girl who spins bowls all the time. Or similar kind of performers. I don't think they need a concert or something even the disabled players or having kids play is cool in my opinion. It's the arena music that can be improved so many just have cringey songs, you don't need hip songs just vary it up abit with some known classic songs instead of the same cheesey hip hop type songs they play all season long.

Well maybe Disney will have Mickey, Minnie and their friends to shoot basketball for halftime shows.

I'm relieved.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#449 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:it's still horrible, 90% of nba teams play obnoxious music

QuickChange!
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#450 » by Statlanta » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:01 am

Gomagic44 wrote:That's largely why I didn't go to any game past Dallas last November. Atmosphere is super corporate. I felt out of place as a diehard fan. And then some Ucf kids couldn't handle their Booz and dumped a drink on an older man and my wife from the next section up. Spent a quarter finding them and identifying them for police. After giving my information because our experience was rather ruined, we were never contacted back by the organization offering us tickets to another game or anything.

Since the product is a dumpster fire at the moment I just didn't feel motivated to spend my money on another experience like that.

Sadly I have more fun watching games and talking here and the discord chat than actually going to the games.

I've found for a few UCF events people were giving out discounted or even free tickets towards the end of the season. I guess this is the reach of Alex Martins and a minor showing of why attendance was high
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#451 » by Patrick1978 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 am

The Orlando Magic trade forward Aaron gordon to the Chicago bulls for forward Bobby portis

:lol:
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume XII - The Training (Camp) arc 

Post#452 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:49 am

Patrick1978 wrote:The Orlando Magic trade forward Aaron gordon to the Chicago bulls for forward Bobby portis

No more draftexpress vids to watch? Need to new hobby?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#453 » by j-ragg » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:The Orlando Magic trade forward Aaron gordon to the Chicago bulls for forward Bobby portis

You got us good...
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#454 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Just an reminder: Fournier and Vuc face off today at 2pm. It should be streamed somewhere.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#455 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:13 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Just an reminder: Fournier and Vuc face off today at 2pm. It should be streamed somewhere.

Yooooo.... thanks for the heads up!!! :D :D
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#456 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:06 pm

davey_wavey trying to be slick with his alt acct.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#457 » by npiper17 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Dwight further cementing his legacy as the grass isn't always greener ex-superstar.

"In Orlando, I was getting 13-15 shots a game. Last season, in Atlanta, it was six shot attempts. It looks like I'm not involved in the game. And if I miss a shot, it sticks out because I am not getting very many of them. But I think it's all opportunity, the system. I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando."

"I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando," Howard said. "The fact that I played with a Kobe [Bryant], a James [Harden], and they were ball-dominant, affected me. But I've been in this system before, and I know how dominant I can be. I think I'm smarter now, and that is going to allow me to use my quickness and explosiveness in a better way."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20340912/nba-charlotte-hornets-give-dwight-howard-best-last-chance
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2017 Volume XII - The Training (Camp) arc 

Post#458 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Just an reminder: Fournier and Vuc face off today at 2pm. It should be streamed somewhere.

Yooooo.... thanks for the heads up!!! :D :D

Evan had a small Contracture in the groin and only played 4min

France destroyed montenegro
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#459 » by j-ragg » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:39 pm

npiper17 wrote:Dwight further cementing his legacy as the grass isn't always greener ex-superstar.

"In Orlando, I was getting 13-15 shots a game. Last season, in Atlanta, it was six shot attempts. It looks like I'm not involved in the game. And if I miss a shot, it sticks out because I am not getting very many of them. But I think it's all opportunity, the system. I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando."

"I haven't had a system where I can be who I am since I was in Orlando," Howard said. "The fact that I played with a Kobe [Bryant], a James [Harden], and they were ball-dominant, affected me. But I've been in this system before, and I know how dominant I can be. I think I'm smarter now, and that is going to allow me to use my quickness and explosiveness in a better way."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20340912/nba-charlotte-hornets-give-dwight-howard-best-last-chance

Dwight is going to shoot 40% from the field this year going for double digit FGAs lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#460 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:54 pm

j-ragg wrote:
npiper17 wrote:Dwight further cementing his legacy as the grass isn't always greener ex-superstar.

Dwight is going to shoot 40% from the field this year going for double digit FGAs lol.

I think he's thinking that he's going to be used in the exact same way as he was in Orlando because of Steve Clifford. But if they do that, they'll be a much worse team for it. They still need the ball primarily in Kemba's hands. I think Dwight's gonna be disappointed again.

Also, it seems like Dwight is all about himself and not team success. He keeps bringing up shot attempts and how he feels when he misses a shot he feels it more and how he feel he's not impacting the team.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.

Return to Orlando Magic