ImageImageImageImage

Nike uniforms?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Nike uniforms? 

Post#1 » by Driguez » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:01 pm

It's the offseason so why not ask. Has anyone seen them? I'm curious if any changes were made.
"We all we got"- SVG
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Nike uniforms? 

Post#2 » by j-ragg » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:14 pm

Nothing out there yet.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Post#3 » by AddiFB » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:11 pm

Don't expect any differences other than Nike logo and Disney patch
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#4 » by SOUL » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:14 pm

AddiFB wrote:Don't expect any differences other than Nike logo and Disney patch

I think every team has had a change so far? I could be wrong (maybe besides the Celtics). But a lot are pretty minor.
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#5 » by AddiFB » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:19 pm

SOUL wrote:

I think every team has had a change so far? I could be wrong (maybe besides the Celtics). But a lot are pretty minor.

Some have such minor changes, they've hardly changed at all. Changes aren't always needed or for the better, like in Chicago's case. Perfect as it is. Orlando needs an upgrade, sure, but our current are far away from being among the worst. Besides, aren't we rumored to get a new look next year? So yeah.. expect little to no changes. No?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#6 » by SOUL » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:29 pm

AddiFB wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Some have such minor changes, they've hardly changed at all. Changes aren't always needed or for the better, like in Chicago's case. Perfect as it is. Orlando needs an upgrade, sure, but our current are far away from being among the worst. Besides, aren't we rumored to get a new look next year? So yeah.. expect little to no changes. No?

Yeah I think it will be pretty minor but there will be some changes.

IIRC, there was some girl that works at NBA Live/lives in Orlando that said we have a new jersey entirely that looks pretty cool? But those won't be an every day thing.
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#7 » by AddiFB » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:34 pm

SOUL wrote:
AddiFB wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Yeah I think it will be pretty minor but there will be some changes.

IIRC, there was some girl that works at NBA Live/lives in Orlando that said we have a new jersey entirely that looks pretty cool? But those won't be an every day thing.

Would love a third/alt. Always excited to see new looks.

What are we waiting for?
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#8 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:09 am

Sneak peak of our 2018 uniforms

mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#9 » by mityamag » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:04 am

Our newcomers posed with jersey without Nike logo and there are no 2K18 screenshots with Magic players so maybe they'll do something different
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#10 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:32 pm

Although I highly doubt we land it, I hope we are one of the 8 teams that get a retro jersey.
AddiFB
Veteran

Post#11 » by AddiFB » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:39 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Although I highly doubt we land it, I hope we are one of the 8 teams that get a retro jersey.

We are not

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/08/05/eight-nba-teams-to-wear-classic-uniforms-next-season/
cb1115
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#12 » by cb1115 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:43 pm

the main rumor going around is that the black alternate has been changed some (and for the better) but the white and blue are basically the same
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#13 » by KillMonger » Tue Aug 8, 2017 3:48 am

No idea why we haven't revealed it yet it's not like it's a brand new fit, it's a slight change if any and we're seemingly treating it like it's some big unveiling.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#14 » by SOUL » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:18 am

Solid Snake wrote:No idea why we haven't revealed it yet it's not like it's a brand new fit, it's a slight change if any and we're seemingly treating it like it's some big unveiling.

I think there's still around 10-20 teams that haven't.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#15 » by MagicMadness » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:34 pm

I hope the next time we change unis, we use normal pinstripes instead of the angled ones we currently have. That has always bothered me.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#16 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#17 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:05 pm

People have been clamoring for the last 6 years to switch this logo and jersey combo to the old 90's ones, and the Magic have resisted every opportunity to do so. I don't expect them to figure it out this time around. We've gotten those grey pajama uniforms with sleeves and a lazy black alternate with no pinstripes last year, and some wack "We Will" and "Pure Magic" billboards. Magic branding has taken as many L's as the actual team these last few years. You could poll any casual sports fan about the best Magic uniform and you'd probably find the first uniform/logo combo to be picked by the overwhelming majority. It's an easy decision that I'm losing/lost faith the Magic will ever figure out.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#18 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Def Swami wrote:People have been clamoring for the last 6 years to switch this logo and jersey combo to the old 90's ones, and the Magic have resisted every opportunity to do so. I don't expect them to figure it out this time around. We've gotten those grey pajama uniforms with sleeves and a lazy black alternate with no pinstripes last year, and some wack "We Will" and "Pure Magic" billboards. Magic branding has taken as many L's as the actual team these last few years. You could poll any casual sports fan about the best Magic uniform and you'd probably find the first uniform/logo combo to be picked by the overwhelming majority. It's an easy decision that I'm losing/lost faith the Magic will ever figure out.

The jersey in your avatar is probably our best of all time
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#19 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

While I think the unis will wind up almost identical to last year, I'm interested more in the little things. Wonder if they fix the colors on the side and the neck line which I do not like at all. I hope they add the big classic star permanently to all the shorts. I see the clippers and bucks are announcing today/tomorrow, we gotta be there soon.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#20 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Are we gonna get anything from the organization about our uniforms? I think almost every team has hinted or there has been some form of sample except for the magic??? My thinking is they didn't make any changes so they aren't really worried about the marketing part
GO MAGIC

Return to Orlando Magic