ImageImageImageImage

Preseason Game 1: Orlando @ Memphis 10/2 7:00 PM CT

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Re: Preseason Game 1: Orlando @ Memphis 10/2 7:00 PM CT 

Post#581 » by magicman112 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:44 pm

drsd wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Man our shooting numbers are sooooooo bad.

The players are coming off of 2-a-days for a week. No legs for anyone out there. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Some nice 3s were had. Promising there.

Yes on the Grizzlies telecast one of the announcers said Vogel told them he had taken away the guys legs in camp last week so he didn't expect them to shoot well last night.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#582 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:45 pm

drsd wrote:
NEM wrote:Vucevic - made a couple of defensive plays. Shot looks good. Offense runs much better when he's on the floor.

Are you the only Magic fan willing to praise Vučević?

For me he is a perfect Center in today's NBA. And he can rebound at an elite level, which is a great NBA skill.

He's the exact opposite of perfect for today's NBA. Takes way too many midrange jump shots, doesn't shoot 3s, poor defender, slow, sets poor screens, not physical, etc etc.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#583 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:48 pm

Liked what I saw from Isaac, his length was very disruptive on defense. Has got to hit the weight room more though, a guard the size of Wade Baldwin should not be able to out physical someone as big as Isaac.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#584 » by j-ragg » Tue Oct 3, 2017 12:55 pm

Simmons' motor is gonna be crazy. So glad we have him. Just wish we weren't going to inevitably play someone less than they deserve.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#585 » by OrlandO » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:18 pm

drsd wrote:
NEM wrote:Afflalo, ... scrub didn't play.

How the mighty have fallen.

He's got a slight back injury.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#586 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:18 pm

drsd wrote:
NEM wrote:Vucevic - made a couple of defensive plays. Shot looks good. Offense runs much better when he's on the floor.

Are you the only Magic fan willing to praise Vučević?

For me he is a perfect Center in today's NBA. And he can rebound at an elite level, which is a great NBA skill.

Niks awesome on this team Not to mention we look a gajillion times better with him on the floor.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#587 » by magicman112 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:46 pm

I'm glad I made the decision to get League Pass. Was nice to see a game like normal in HD I just added the NBA app on my Android TV and Fire stick logged in and was set to go. If a game is blacked out there will be a black dot in the upper left corner of the game icon so you know before you try to open it up. You can select the broadcast you want as well there was only the Griz one of course but good to know in case there's awful commentators lol.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#588 » by drsd » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:50 pm

NEM wrote:I actually like the Afflalo signing :)

If Afflalo never plays a minute, I like this signing. He is a character guy that has played on winning teams. He will show the younger players how they need approach their body and the grind to be prepared to win games that would not be targeted as wins.

Plus he will be an excellent practice squad player. His shooting will be a nice defensive test for the young wings.

But I do think he will be part of the extended rotation. Perhaps the 10th player. He might play in 60 games and average 10 minutes a gam in those. And he could easily get 2-6 starts as neither Fournier nor Ross would be expected to play more than 76 games.
jezzer45
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#589 » by jezzer45 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:56 pm

Isaac reminds so much of a young kg... I mean fresh out of high school kg. I think he has some serious potential.

Simmons should be the starter sf by seasons start.

If and that's a big if, Mario can become an actual nba player that makes ross expandable in which I would package him and dj for a salary dump.

Iwundu could be something intriguing. He looked super comfortable handling the ball and his vision is very good. I hope we could develop him into a Derek anderson type player.
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#590 » by magicman112 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:25 pm

drsd wrote:

If Afflalo never plays a minute, I like this signing. He is a character guy that has played on winning teams. He will show the younger players how they need approach their body and the grind to be prepared to win games that would not be targeted as wins.

Plus he will be an excellent practice squad player. His shooting will be a nice defensive test for the young wings.

But I do think he will be part of the extended rotation. Perhaps the 10th player. He might play in 60 games and average 10 minutes a gam in those. And he could easily get 2-6 starts as neither Fournier nor Ross would be expected to play more than 76 games.

I think he'll be part of the rotation too. He's a veteran and he could have helped us out on a bad shooting night like last night.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#591 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Oct 3, 2017 2:59 pm

magicman112 wrote:
drsd wrote:

I think he'll be part of the rotation too. He's a veteran and he could have helped us out on a bad shooting night like last night.

And as a vet, players in front of him better not slack. The best thing AA is doing is pushing these guys to stay on top of their game.
magicman112
Head Coach

Post#592 » by magicman112 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:07 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
drsd wrote:

And as a vet, players in front of him better not slack. The best thing AA is doing is pushing these guys to stay on top of their game.

Simmons was being a leader out there last night too. Talking to guys and having little huddles with them. Didn't see a lot of that going on last season it's needed to have someone who's going to hold guys accountable.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#593 » by remi_222 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:46 pm

How was Evan Fournier's game ?
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#594 » by T-Cat » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:49 pm

Aaron Gordon's shot looks more fluid and Isaac should be playing more around the basket! All we need is an elite shot blocker like a young Dwight Howard and then cooking!
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#595 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:09 pm

Something about AG's game just looked so much more self-assured. He shoots with no hesitation and made better decisions coming downhill with the ball instead of just lowering his head and bull rushing. I think he has a big year if he keeps this up.

Fournier is already in midseason form in terms of shotmaking. He finishes so well. He looks like an 18ppg guy for us, and I believe AG can be quite close to that as well. For that reason, I think Ross is probably best used as a bench spark, since we need some shooting/scoring punch there. Additionally, if you have him, Mario and Isaac out there - that makes the bench a little better. I think Iwundu may be a better option than DJ or Mack in that lineup, because it clearly needs better ball movement than what DJ provides.

I really like Birch. Want to see more of this guy. He looks like a serious rim runner and could be a really nice find for us.

Isaac - man, what an efficient player this guy is. I knew he would be loved by Frank and get tons of minutes and so far that is what is happening. Frank raved about how well he knows the game, and I believe it is safe to say that he will not be buried on the bench this year. This guy is our most talented player and I fully expect him to be a starter next season.

I also believe that the Magic are now strongly considering running an Isaac/AG frontcourt next year if they keep AG. Isaac will probably still guard 4s and AG will guard 5s (he can and has), but this is where I believe the future is going to be. Basically the deployment of 2 PFs and no C.

The big question mark will be if Elf is our PG of the future. I still believe he may be best as a reserve, but we have a season to find out.

More importantly, the Magic appear to have a platform built for finally attracting a go to player. I think a lot of players are going to want to play with Isaac and Gordon and Simmons. It is very hard to deny that type of energy level, talent and speed.

We may only have a scrappy team this year that fights hard, but I think we are a lot closer to being a force and finally getting a go to guy. People used to say "why would anyone good play for us?", but I believe that will change this season.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#596 » by Last Guardian » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:11 pm

I really like Khem Birch to be honest. Bizmack is such a waste of cap.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#597 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:27 pm

Hezonja - shot was completely off, but shooters got to shoot so commend him for not shying away and his passing is EXTREMELY under-rated. His shot WILL eventually fall and when it does, confidence will rise and then look the f out.

Issac - I LOVE that he let the game come to him, didn't try to do too much, but still had very active hands. Reminds me A LOT of young KG. KG actually played SF for the first two seasons of his career and numbers immediately went up once he started playing PF (I'm sure he gained some weight by then) the route I think we should take as well.

Simmons - Either Ross or Fournier is traded by deadline you can almost bet on that and I predict it will be Ross to a contender looking for bench shooting. Simmons WILL start on this team in some fashion sooner rather than later and as I once mentioned on here I'm sure this was promised to him once he signed. Exactly the kind of athlete/mentality we need on this team.

Speights - I actually like what he did and showed. He's a vet and knows his capabilities, perfect big off the bench.

Iwundu - I know the box score doesn't show/say much, but he showed enough for me to believe he has potential. He's not a shooter at all so don't/didn't expect him to drop 30, but 6 rebounds and 3 assists and 1 steal in 16 minutes is a great sign that he has active hands and he does a little of everything. Could see his floor as Harkless and ceiling as Bazemore if his shot get's a bit better.

Biyombo - I don't know man, he's just not a NBA player. Lets hope I'm wrong, but from getting dunked on and showing very little on the defensive end where you're suppose to shine I'm not overly impressed. I keep telling my self if Mosgoz and Plumlee can be moved hopefully Weltman can find a sucker to take on that deal.

Augustine - Well he's Augustine, he is Duhon's reincarnation. Stat line looks decent, but anyone watching the game could immediately tell how much he effected others (in a negative way).

Birch - I actually see Dedmon potential if developed correctly. Strong and not scared to try to dunk from the free throw line. I got to give props when due.

Not going to say much about the starters as they played garbage minutes, but I will say Fournier and Gordon are going to be a PROBLEM this season (in a good way). Fournier is slowly making me believe he watches Manu Ginobli highlights/film everyday before he goes to sleep.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#598 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:40 pm

5 dimes for Fournier in 14 minutes, also 4 dimes for EP in the same time. Good sign for both.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#599 » by Patrick1978 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:08 pm

jezzer45 wrote:Isaac reminds so much of a young kg... I mean fresh out of high school kg. I think he has some serious potential.

Simmons should be the starter sf by seasons start.

If and that's a big if, Mario can become an actual nba player that makes ross expandable in which I would package him and dj for a salary dump.

Iwundu could be something intriguing. He looked super comfortable handling the ball and his vision is very good. I hope we could develop him into a Derek anderson type player.

Agreed
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#600 » by j-ragg » Tue Oct 3, 2017 5:28 pm

Vuc and Biz both really aren't good. I'm on the Birch train!
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to Orlando Magic