ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '17-'18: Volume XIII

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Re: Official Speculation Thread '17-'18: Volume XIII 

Post#1181 » by Audi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 pm

T-Cat wrote:We should look to move Fournier and his buddy Vucevic!
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y75jusyd

Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#1182 » by EAS Law » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:47 pm

We lost in Portland because Napier went off for 4x his career average, not because of Vuc and Evan.

Runs happen in basketball, so do skids unless you’re an absolute top tier team. We aren’t one yet and nobody expects us to be that. We just have to regroup and do our best to win the games that are winnable for us.

We don’t need to go and trade away our team for “grass is greener” scenarios. There are virtually no players available that would truly fix or change anything for us right now anyway.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1183 » by OrlandO » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Selfish imo. Wanting to be better than all of his teammates. That’s why you don’t get the ball!

I think you mean, he doesn't get the ball ....enough to satisfy realgm users. Taking more shots doesn't equal greatness.

lol he doesn’t even have to shoot more. Just be involved. But yet every play it’s just your boys picking and popping and Gordon is relegated to standing in the corner and playing garbage man. But I’m sure I’m making it all up.

Vuc has 5 ast to Gordon in the last 2 games. Elf and Ross have 0.... are they freezing AG out???

Gordon has taken more jumpers than Vuc and Fournier in the last 3 games.. He appears to be standing around lately because he's fallen in love with his 3pt shot and he's also settling for midrangers. That's on him.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1184 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 am

T-Cat wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
fullrespect wrote:

Love the confidence, but has a looooong way to go.

AG just wants that Max contract.

AG could get there he just has to have teammates who doesn't play selfish basketball, he likes playing with EP!

We should look to move Fournier and his buddy Vucevic!

That play against the Trailblazers where Fournier and Vucevic were playing pick and roll, but Fournier couldn't find Vucevic so he jacked up an ill advised jump shot! (Which also resulted in Vuc throwing his hands up in digust)!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y75jusyd

Vooch and Evan are here for the long haul!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1185 » by pepe1991 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:04 am

OrlandO wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I think you mean, he doesn't get the ball ....enough to satisfy realgm users. Taking more shots doesn't equal greatness.

lol he doesn’t even have to shoot more. Just be involved. But yet every play it’s just your boys picking and popping and Gordon is relegated to standing in the corner and playing garbage man. But I’m sure I’m making it all up.

Vuc has 5 ast to Gordon in the last 2 games. Elf and Ross have 0.... are they freezing AG out???

Gordon has taken more jumpers than Vuc and Fournier in the last 3 games.. He appears to be standing around lately because he's fallen in love with his 3pt shot and he's also settling for midrangers. That's on him.

Gordon took 33 FGA last 3 games, 18 of them where threes. He made 5 of them. He attemped 4 free trows in that period and in last two games he collected epic total of two assists, 0 blocks and 5 turnovers.

This forum , few people in parcicular are forcing conspiracy theory against Gordon (and sometimes against Payton ) for solid two years now.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1186 » by pepe1991 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:14 am

Jesus i''m watching Pacers- Pistons and Sabonis is pretty damn amazing out there
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#1187 » by npiper17 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 am

pepe1991 wrote:Jesus i''m watching Pacers- Pistons and Sabonis is pretty damn amazing out there

Sabonis does look good. Although tall he seems to have a low centre of gravity as in he can’t be moved easily / sets good picks etc himself.

Turns out Rob can scout / draft (Hezonja aside) but his trades / FAs are not good.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#1188 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 am

DJ may be real close to returning...

Read on Twitter
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread '17-'18: Volume XIII 

Post#1189 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:12 am

ChosenSavior wrote:DJ may be real close to returning...

Read on Twitter

Cool, we need the shooting

Sent from my expensive phone using my hands
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#1190 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Never thought I'd be so happy to see DJ back...Honestly, he's been great and Mack has been a disappointment. Mack is a solid steady PG, but not for our new pace. I just hope EP gets to 100%. I think he'll be a beast in this system and pace. I should say he'll make everybody else a beast directing the offense in this system, at this pace...I feel for him because a hammy can stay with you a long time and slow you and limit you just enough that the world thinks you suck when you're only able to perform at X%. Bad timing for Elf for sure.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1191 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:54 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
j-ragg wrote:lol he doesn’t even have to shoot more. Just be involved. But yet every play it’s just your boys picking and popping and Gordon is relegated to standing in the corner and playing garbage man. But I’m sure I’m making it all up.

This forum , few people in parcicular are forcing conspiracy theory against Gordon (and sometimes against Payton ) for solid two years now.

I don’t want to harp on this because we won’t see eye to eye, but it’s not a conspiracy if people in game threads point out specific instances on a game by game basis.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#1192 » by Furinkazan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 pm

wow never thought I will see such day when people on this board will wait for DJ's return to save us.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1193 » by j-ragg » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:wow never thought I will see such day when people on this board will wait for DJ's return to save us.

Lowe says that DJ is a pretty good player in odd numbered years. So we just need to make sure to trade him this summer coming up lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1194 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:38 pm

AG is the biggest black hole on the team. I think it is more a result of his low offensive IQ. He does not do things on offense with the goal of getting other players a shot. When he passes it is only because he has run out of his own options to score.

This would be all well and good if he was a triple threat or could dribble in traffic.

But until he gets there he needs to stay in his lane and slowly learn how to play with other players.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#1195 » by fendilim » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:20 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:AG is the biggest black hole on the team. I think it is more a result of his low offensive IQ. He does not do things on offense with the goal of getting other players a shot. When he passes it is only because he has run out of his own options to score.

This would be all well and good if he was a triple threat or could dribble in traffic.

But until he gets there he needs to stay in his lane and slowly learn how to play with other players.

lol
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1196 » by nymets1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm

The guy i'm looking forward to seeing tonight on the jazz is donovan mitchell.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1197 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Happy to see the passing tracking stats have been updated to the current season so we can see who is passing, to who they pass to, and what the efficiency is.

Fournier passing targets: #1- Vuc (obviously), #2 AG, #3 DJ, #4 Simmons, #5 Mack

AG passing targets: Mack, Vuc, Payton, Simmons, DJ.

15% of all the passes AG gets are from Fournier. Second only to the other most hated player on the team, Vuc. So Vuc and Fournier are the top two guys passing to AG. 37% of all the passes AG gets come from either Vuc or Fournier.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#1198 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 pm

nymets1 wrote:The guy i'm looking forward to seeing tonight on the jazz is donovan mitchell.

He was the one player that would have sweeten that draft for me..... if we were able to have gotten him with a second pick..... i would have been elated!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1199 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:36 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Happy to see the passing tracking stats have been update to the current season so we can see who is passing, to who they pass to, and what the efficiency is.

Fournier passing targets: #1- Vuc (obviously), #2 AG, #3 DJ, #4 Simmons, #5 Mack

AG passing targets: Mack, Vuc, Payton, Simmons, DJ.

15% of all the passes AG gets are from Fournier. Second only to the other most hated player on the team, Vuc. So Vuc and Fournier are the top two guys passing to AG. 37% of all the passes AG gets come from either Vuc or Fournier.

Simmons off the bench has more passes to AG than Ross as a starter to AG. lol
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#1200 » by mr2good » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

So we're exponentially better with Vuc and Fournier on the floor than not... I didn't need a graph to tell me that. Good post though.

I'm sharing this in the start Isaac thread for the recent madness of suggesting that we move Fournier & Vooch to the bench. Complete madness.

Return to Orlando Magic