ImageImageImageImage

Game 11: Orlando Magic (6-4) vs NY Knicks (6-4) 11/8 7PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Pre-game confidence level...

Poll ended at Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:42 am

Magic Win (close game)
64%
Magic Win (blowout)
14%
Magic Lose (close game)
2%
Magic Lose (blowout)
19%

Total votes: 42

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Re: Game 11: Orlando Magic (6-4) vs NY Knicks (6-4) 11/8 7PM ET 

Post#421 » by tiderulz » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:40 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
mr2good wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Image

Amazing post tiderulz haha. I see Evan holding AG accountable when he forces things, but nothing more than that.
This made me LOL but I can't be the only one who sees this? I mean compared to last year this is a huge improvement but I feel there is a power struggle between Fournier and AG. Fournier is having a career year so I'm not complaining but AG has gotten so much better. The shot distribution needs to be more balanced. AG has earned it. I think it will happen by the end of the season.

15/ 15/ 13 for Evan, Vuc and AG. that is pretty balanced
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#422 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:42 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
mr2good wrote:
Amazing post tiderulz haha. I see Evan holding AG accountable when he forces things, but nothing more than that.
This made me LOL but I can't be the only one who sees this? I mean compared to last year this is a huge improvement but I feel there is a power struggle between Fournier and AG. Fournier is having a career year so I'm not complaining but AG has gotten so much better. The shot distribution needs to be more balanced. AG has earned it. I think it will happen by the end of the season.

*Sees 2 less shots for AG*

prizm
Junior
And1: 265

Post#423 » by prizm » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:45 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
mr2good wrote:

i think it needs to stay balance like that for this team to be successful... if one of them starts to think they can be some takeover "superstar" on the regular and act on it thats when the high will be over.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#424 » by magicman112 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:45 pm

NxtGr8MagicCntr wrote:Been to most of the games this year, missed the last 2 but was there last night. I go to the shops every game and yell at them to let me buy a jonathon simmons shirt jersey. They only have fournier or vooch!! They said they didnt think he would be popular. Give me a break.

Checked the NBA Store and they just have Fourn, Vooch, Payton (both new and old number), an Isaac, and AG. They even have Dipo and Ibaka jerseys lol.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#425 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:50 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
mr2good wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Image

I think that its been better these last few games. A lot of us brought it up at the beginning of the season because it was clear on the court that there was some sort of rift. Im really not worried about it with Elf being back now though. He makes sure that AG gets involved in the offense and always finds him on alleys and cuts for easy buckets. When Elf is not in there though it changes everything.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#426 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:55 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:This made me LOL but I can't be the only one who sees this? I mean compared to last year this is a huge improvement but I feel there is a power struggle between Fournier and AG. Fournier is having a career year so I'm not complaining but AG has gotten so much better. The shot distribution needs to be more balanced. AG has earned it. I think it will happen by the end of the season.

I mean you post this in jest but there are actually people in here that feel that way. Thats why some are either trying to create this fake rift between Fournier and AG, or pretend Fournier is holding AG back. He's taking the amount of shots he should be taking as an off the ball player.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#427 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:05 pm

I think with AG emerging as the potential star on the team they are just having to learn a new way to play together. Like for instance at the (:57) mark in the video Evan gets the steal and AG runs the court with him, Hardaway bites down on Fournier leaving AG wide open for the alley-oop but Evan takes the contested layup. After the play, you can see AG tell Fournier to throw it up to him next time. Its just been things like that throughout the year that have come up. It's not that I feel that they don't like each other I think Evan is just having to learn how to treat AG as a legitimate cog in this offense now. Its been improving as the season has gone on though and I expect it to continue to.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,417

Post#428 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:13 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
I think with AG emerging as the potential star on the team they are just having to learn a new way to play together. Like for instance at the (:57) mark in the video Evan gets the steal and AG runs the court with him, Hardaway bites down on Fournier leaving AG wide open for the alley-oop but Evan takes the contested layup. After the play, you can see AG tell Fournier to throw it up to him next time. Its just been things like that throughout the year that have come up. It's not that I feel that they don't like each other I think Evan is just having to learn how to treat AG as a legitimate cog in this offense now. Its been improving as the season has gone on though and I expect it to continue to.

If I have one issue with Evan it's that I think he has tunnel vision. Now he doesn't have it ALL the time, which is why he can still make great passes and get good assist numbers from time to time. But he's definitely one of those guys that half the time he gets the ball he's determined to take the shot himself. He does this with Vuc at times too, where Vuc will pop wide open after a screen and Evan will roll to the hoop with double coverage and force a bad shot. Thankfully so far this season Evan's numbers are good enough to disregard it, lol.

To be fair, Aaron also has this same tunnel vision, the difference really being that the offense runs a lot of plays for/through Evan, and Aaron is expected to get shots off rebounds and hustle, which makes it frustrating for him when Evan forces a tough layup instead of throwing an open lob.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#429 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:20 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:

I was actually going to post that same instance. I was waiting for the AG alley that never came. Maybe we are making it a bigger deal then it is but its clear Fournier thinks he is the go-to guy for this team and is having a hard time accepting that AG is quickly filling that role too. AG has shown enough improvement to earn the respect and trust of his teammates to take a bigger role in the offense. I agree that it will look different by the end of the season.

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
tiderulz wrote: 15/ 15/ 13 for Evan, Vuc and AG. that is pretty balanced

I mean you post this in jest but there are actually people in here that feel that way. Thats why some are either trying to create this fake rift between Fournier and AG, or pretend Fournier is holding AG back. He's taking the amount of shots he should be taking as an off the ball player.

Im not saying AG would be better off without Fournier for good. Right now we need Fournier and his scoring. AG has improved but he is not a go-to scorer like Evan can be at times. Fournier is just limited physically. He needs to understand his limitations and stop taking those difficult hard to make shots. Pass it out when you cant find something. That is my biggest criticism of him.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#430 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:51 pm

Evan is 4th in the league in assists from the SF position.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,417

Post#431 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:31 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Evan is 4th in the league in assists from the SF position.

Don't care what they label him, he's a SG to me, lol.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#432 » by Bensational » Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:30 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:

With AG's ability to get to the rim and now a major threat from behind the arc, he's actually our most versatile off the ball player.

That play where Isaac flicks it to him in the corner was just beautiful. That, to me, is a hint of the kind of team work that will get this team running a Spurs-ish offense.

Fournier found him for a nice alley on one of those plays. An alley on that fast break would've been nice (Meeks would've made the pass, you know it!), but if Evan feels like he can get that shot, then I guess you let him complete it - and he did.

I just want to see AG continue to shoot well, and then learn to incorporate his handle into that once defenders start really biting down on him and respecting him as a scorer. Seeing the dramatic growth in him so far has me confident he can figure that out, too.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#433 » by drsd » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Bensational wrote:With AG's ability to get to the rim and now a major threat from behind the arc, he's actually our most versatile off the ball player.

To add: Gordon's off-the-ball speed on fast breaks is amazing.

Return to Orlando Magic