ImageImageImageImage

What player would you trade for.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: What player would you trade for. 

Post#81 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 am

axl_c_cool wrote:Hill makes 20M, Biz makes 17M and both on not great deals, although Hill's final year is 1M guaranteed. I don't think it's unrealistic to make a deal for Hill and WCS.

Orlando sends: Biyombo, Hezonja, Augustine, Mack, 2018, 2019, 2020 2nd round picks, 2020 OKC First Round pick

Sacramento sends: Hill, WCS, Skal, Carter

In my opinion Hill and Biyombo's contract's cancel each other out and Augustine is a good back up with a lot less owed. Hezonja and Skal are both projects, Hezonja needs a new start when they start to tank he'll get more a start. WCS is covered by the multiple picks, this is why we got them, and what a rebuilding team needs. Carter is for salary (and nostalgia) porposes, although could be exchanged for Temple or Bogdonovic if they want a salary dump. The basis of the deal for Sacramento is to dump salary, gain picks, and a cheaper more viable back up for Fox. We swap our back up for a younger friendlier contract, swap our project player, and bring a vet back up who Vogal knows

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#82 » by rusoopE » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:32 am

D J C wrote:
drsd wrote:Orlando needs a new SF so Fournier can shift to his natural SG. Ideas to trade Payton or Vučević are doing my head in. This is not the weak links for this team.

Why is everyone trying to change what has been working? Evan is having a career year at SF playing the Paul George role for Vogel. Compare their numbers - shot selection, usage, PPG, APG - and you can see the similarities of filling that role. He's always matched up better defensively to SFs and is proving that this year by having his best defensive effort yet. Same thing with AG and people saying he could move back to SF with his improved shot.

Our SF and PF positions are set. In my opinion, PG is too. If you look at the first few seasons/seasons up to 22 y/o for other top PGs today like Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, and Mike Conley.. Elf is actually ahead of the curve. I think we see a similar AG like break out from him now that he's back in the lineup. DJ Augustin has had a resurgence too now that he's not pressured to carry a bench unit starring Jeff Green and Jodie Meeks, so I'd say even the backup spot is solid for now.

Isaac has a couple of years before he's a starter but in the meantime he can fill in anywhere from SF to C. We'll let that 'problem' figure itself out as he grows.

If anything, we need Ross to either step up or be replaced by a 3-and-D guard in the SL (easier said than done). Simms should stay as a 6th man and lead the 2nd unit, and we need to get him some help to take off the pressure of caring the entire scoring load until Isaac develops his offensive game. Some guys to crash the boards in the 2nd unit wouldn't hurt either as we're currently in the bottom half of the league in most rebounding metrics.

More than anything, we need time and experience. Keep the continuity going by finally having a stable coaching staff and a set line up. Lets let these guys grow together and see what we have before making any more major moves.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#83 » by ralphie9898 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:20 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
axl_c_cool wrote:Hill makes 20M, Biz makes 17M and both on not great deals, although Hill's final year is 1M guaranteed. I don't think it's unrealistic to make a deal for Hill and WCS.

Orlando sends: Biyombo, Hezonja, Augustine, Mack, 2018, 2019, 2020 2nd round picks, 2020 OKC First Round pick

In my opinion Hill and Biyombo's contract's cancel each other out and Augustine is a good back up with a lot less owed. Hezonja and Skal are both projects, Hezonja needs a new start when they start to tank he'll get more a start. WCS is covered by the multiple picks, this is why we got them, and what a rebuilding team needs. Carter is for salary (and nostalgia) porposes, although could be exchanged for Temple or Bogdonovic if they want a salary dump. The basis of the deal for Sacramento is to dump salary, gain picks, and a cheaper more viable back up for Fox. We swap our back up for a younger friendlier contract, swap our project player, and bring a vet back up who Vogal knows

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks

Not to mention that Sacramento probably hangs up the phone on that one. No way would Sacramento take our spare parts and contract that we would give away in heartbeat even for peanuts. Hill is overpaid a little but he is much better then Biyombo is so his deal isn't as bad as Biyombo's. WCS and Skal are both young and WCS is playing well. They both have talent to do more in the coming years(wcs is already there starting center) and they are on their rookie deals so they aren't that expensive. They would also be giving up a good expiring contract in Vince. As for Hezonja they very well could lose probably there best hope(as he is an Unrestricted FA at season's end) in that deal where there isn't much so no way does Sacramento do that deal.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#84 » by Max Power » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

I think this team needs a 3 man in the worst way. I’m not sure who’s available at that spot really. Perhaps a Paul George, but we’re nowhere near his radar as a free agent spot. I don’t think Elfrid Payton is a long term starter either, I truly think he’s going to have a similar career to Shaun Livingstons with the Warriors. A fantastic 6th man point guard. His shooting is too much of a long term issue. George Hill makes no sense long term, he’s already north of 30 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#85 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

I agree it's not UNrealistic, but for what you're offering it is. Sac won't give up both Skal and WCS (two young bigs). Also, you're comparing Biz' salary to Hill's, but you're not comparing their production. Hill is still a starter in the league, while Biz shouldn't even be playing right now. On top of that you want to ship off Augustin and Mack who are both overpaid for their production, and receive Vince, who Sacramento signed just to mentor their young guys and be a positive locker room presence. I just don't see the motivation for Sacramento. 3 2nds and a shaky future 1st doesn't move the needle for me to take on Biz/DJ/Mack. Besides, I offered a Biz/DJ trade to Sac on the trade board, and they said if they were to move on from Hill and start Fox, DJ would not be needed as a backup because they'd rather give the minutes to their other young players. Makes sense.
Do not max Vuc!
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#86 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks

Not to mention that Sacramento probably hangs up the phone on that one. No way would Sacramento take our spare parts and contract that we would give away in heartbeat even for peanuts. Hill is overpaid a little but he is much better then Biyombo is so his deal isn't as bad as Biyombo's. WCS and Skal are both young and WCS is playing well. They both have talent to do more in the coming years(wcs is already there starting center) and they are on their rookie deals so they aren't that expensive. They would also be giving up a good expiring contract in Vince. As for Hezonja they very well could lose probably there best hope(as he is an Unrestricted FA at season's end) in that deal where there isn't much so no way does Sacramento do that deal.

I didn't see this post. I would have rather +1 you than write my post. :lol:
Do not max Vuc!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#87 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

I agree it's not UNrealistic, but for what you're offering it is. Sac won't give up both Skal and WCS (two young bigs). Also, you're comparing Biz' salary to Hill's, but you're not comparing their production. Hill is still a starter in the league, while Biz shouldn't even be playing right now. On top of that you want to ship off Augustin and Mack who are both overpaid for their production, and receive Vince, who Sacramento signed just to mentor their young guys and be a positive locker room presence. I just don't see the motivation for Sacramento. 3 2nds and a shaky future 1st doesn't move the needle for me to take on Biz/DJ/Mack. Besides, I offered a Biz/DJ trade to Sac on the trade board, and they said if they were to move on from Hill and start Fox, DJ would not be needed as a backup because they'd rather give the minutes to their other young players. Makes sense.

Says who? They are pretty much in a rebuild like us and are staring a top 3-5 pick in 2018 draft. That'll give them a shot at Ayton, Bamba or Bagley. All 3 have more potential than Skal and WCS.

So I don't buy that. They are set at positions 1-4, I doubt they pass up the sky limit potential of one of those top bigs, due to Skal, WCS.
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#88 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Says who? They are pretty much in a rebuild like us and are staring a top 3-5 pick in 2018 draft. That'll give them a shot at Ayton, Bamba or Bagley. All 3 have more potential than Skal and WCS.

So I don't buy that. They are set at positions 1-4, I doubt they pass up the sky limit potential of one of those top bigs, due to Skal, WCS.

I'm saying they won't trade both, especially in the same trade unless it's to consolidate and get a better big in return. That's my opinion. Look at Mario. We didn't pick up his option after we couldn't get anything for him. We couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for the guy, and I think WCS and Skal are better players. I just don't see them trading WCS AND Skal even if the are going to draft a big in the next draft. Randolph is old and Koufos is trash, leaving WCS and Skal as solid bench/role players.
Do not max Vuc!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#89 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:

I'm saying they won't trade both, especially in the same trade unless it's to consolidate and get a better big in return. That's my opinion. Look at Mario. We didn't pick up his option after we couldn't get anything for him. We couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for the guy, and I think WCS and Skal are better players. I just don't see them trading WCS AND Skal even if the are going to draft a big in the next draft. Randolph is old and Koufos is trash, leaving WCS and Skal as solid bench/role players.

Me and Axl_C_Cool have Biz going back to them. They won't be bone dry at C, with Biz and 1 of those top 2018 draft bigs.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#90 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

SAC gives up the best assets in this deal and takes back Biz.. i just don’t see why they would do this
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#91 » by Shady Franchise » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

I'm saying they won't trade both, especially in the same trade unless it's to consolidate and get a better big in return. That's my opinion. Look at Mario. We didn't pick up his option after we couldn't get anything for him. We couldn't even get a 2nd round pick for the guy, and I think WCS and Skal are better players. I just don't see them trading WCS AND Skal even if the are going to draft a big in the next draft. Randolph is old and Koufos is trash, leaving WCS and Skal as solid bench/role players.[

Me and Axl_C_Cool have Biz going back to them. They won't be bone dry at C, with Biz and 1 of those top 2018 draft bigs.

Yeah, I saw that, but Biz is not better than those two. I just don't see them trading either for Biz, and especially not both. All good though. Who am I to say your trade couldn't/wouldn't happen? Just my opinion. I'd be ecstatic if we could pull it off though.
Do not max Vuc!
The Other Ankle
Junior
And1: 260

Post#92 » by The Other Ankle » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm

Zmill wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

SAC gives up the best assets in this deal and takes back Biz.. i just don’t see why they would do this

A conversation started about what extra WE would need to give up in a Hill for Biz swap... And the answer seems to be other unwanted players and contracts for a couple of THEIR young prospects with demonstrable upside.

Oh, and it becomes MORE likely if you keep adding to the exchange randomly, right?
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#93 » by bargnanimvp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 pm

The only trades I'm looking at are moving Biz for ANYTHING and moving Mario for another young guy who isn't working out (or a throw in to move Biz). If a star play comes up think about a trade then but don't be shopping for trades for the sake of it when we are working ok at the moment.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#94 » by Bensational » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks

And it still wouldn't be enough for Sac to even consider this.

Hill, despite being paid a ton, is still a good player right now. Biyombo, on the other hand, is struggling to justify his current paycheck.

Hill + Carter for Biyombo + Hezonja + Augustine + OKC Pick might get Sac on the phone.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#95 » by axl_c_cool » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 am

Bensational wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks

Hill, despite being paid a ton, is still a good player right now. Biyombo, on the other hand, is struggling to justify his current paycheck.

Hill + Carter for Biyombo + Hezonja + Augustine + OKC Pick might get Sac on the phone.

I'd do that deal, Carter, T-Mac, and Hill mentoring the young guys and adding depth
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
The Other Ankle
Junior
And1: 260

Post#96 » by The Other Ankle » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 am

Bensational wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Way toooo many picks

Hello Logic! Welcome back to the discussion!

I do think that we should argue for any 1st to be worst of ours or OKC's, just in case we keep winning and they finish behind us in the standings. They are in the West and one injury could put them in the lottery (if that pick isn't protected).
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#97 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:17 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:

Payton/Hill
Ross/Simmons
Fournier/Isaac/Carter
Gordon/Skal
Vucevic/WCS

Thats a problem for the future. But right now no way does Sacramento give up all that. They are getting crap while we are getting a better player for right now as well as two promising young bigs and some cap relief as Vince has an expiring contract. That deal is considerably one sided in Orlando's favor. Sacramento could do a lot better then that. That deal is unrealistic. As for the future we will have to wait and see who they take. Maybe they take Doncic rather then a big man. Eveen if they do for a guy like Bamba or Ayton there would still be plenty of time for that guy along with WCS and Skal. No way does whatever the future pick will be make me just want give away young talent.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#98 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Yeah wow Biz :crazy: We don't want him but yeah sure Sacramento here you go. Biyombo doesn't factor much into it. They can still draft a big and keep Wcs and Skal and then even go with a big in next years draft. Biyombo is a negative value.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#99 » by DET_Athletics » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:Short term - we need a backup PG in case EP goes down again. Im looking at ish Smith from DET. Mario for Ish and a second.

Long term - No clue. Alot of questions need to be answered. Is EP really our pg of the future? Is Isaac our future 3?

Piston fan here, would you guys be interested in a trade of Payton, Biz mack for Ish, Jon Leuer, Boban and a future first?
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#100 » by Furinkazan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:35 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Short term - we need a backup PG in case EP goes down again. Im looking at ish Smith from DET. Mario for Ish and a second.

Long term - No clue. Alot of questions need to be answered. Is EP really our pg of the future? Is Isaac our future 3?

Piston fan here, would you guys be interested in a trade of Payton, Biz mack for Ish, Jon Leuer, Boban and a future first?

Personally Id do It just to get rid of Biyombo but Id rather swap Leuer(I dont like his contract) with Galloway and Johnson and we could add a horse or Mario

Return to Orlando Magic