ImageImageImageImage

OT: FSU needs a coach!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

OT: FSU needs a coach! 

Post#1 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:32 pm

With leading candidates including Scott Frost (UCF) and Charlie Strong (USF, ties to UF) I though this might be an interesting OT discussion for many here.

I greatly appreciate the success Jimbo brought to FSU and I wish he were staying. But clearly his staff had lost the players with some even threatening to transfer if position coaches (or even Jimbo himself) remained with the program. Jimbo's unwillingness to admit a mistake and take ownership for a bad hire soured many.

Perhaps this is a win-win? Regardless...

For FSU fans, who do you want?

For UCF or USF fans, do you fear FSU taking your guy?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Re: OT: FSU needs a coach! 

Post#2 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Dec 1, 2017 7:53 pm

Nope, our guy is going to Nebraska. :(
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:13 pm

Very sad day for me. A lot of dumb mother f***ers got their wish in Tallahassee. They will be kicking themselves when FSU starts going through coaches like UF after Meyer. Hope they are ready for a bunch of 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 seasons with whatever loser they hire.
Nightman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,056

Post#4 » by Nightman » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:33 pm

I hope they hire Taggart, just don't take Charlie.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#5 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:37 pm

It’s going to be Taggart
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:39 pm

^ They are both fools gold
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#7 » by woosah » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:40 pm

I am good with it in terms of him never being content money wise. Content with 5 and 6 tho :(

I don't like the whole angle of not recruiting for the last month as if this was planned. I don't like that he never fixed the o line and tried to have a mobile qb to make up for it. I don't respect him leaving things as they are now, but if u think that grass is greener then I just hope it ain't spray-painted broski. Best of luck to ya.

I am sure Alabama, Georgia, Florida, lsu, and the sec crew are quaking in their boots now, right? Lol mhmm.

But really tho what is this about kids wanting to transfer? I had not heard this! Boosters loved Jimbo I thought so that's a twist to this I had not heard.

Taggert is supposed to already be done but u know rumors, can't believe most of them. Kiffen keeps coming up too which is funny and scary at the same d time.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#8 » by Skin » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:52 pm

Dave Aranda. LSU DC. The man is a genius.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#9 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:56 pm

woosah wrote:I am good with it in terms of him never being content money wise. Content with 5 and 6 tho :(

I don't like the whole angle of not recruiting for the last month as if this was planned. I don't like that he never fixed the o line and tried to have a mobile qb to make up for it. I don't respect him leaving things as they are now, but if u think that grass is greener then I just hope it ain't spray-painted broski. Best of luck to ya.

I am sure Alabama, Georgia, Florida, lsu, and the sec crew are quaking in their boots now, right? Lol mhmm.

But really tho what is this about kids wanting to transfer? I had not heard this! Boosters loved Jimbo I thought so that's a twist to this I had not heard.

Taggert is supposed to already be done but u know rumors, can't believe most of them. Kiffen keeps coming up too which is funny and scary at the same d time.

Boosters did not love Jimbo, nor the AD. Thrasher the school President is the only one he had a good relationship. He's been fighting with AD and Boosters for 5 yr for upgrades to facilities, indoor practice facility and a football only facility. The indoor practice field and locker room eventually got upgraded, after AD & Boosters took their sweet ass time to do so. Fisher just wanted to keep up with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. None of those coaches had to fight with their AD and Boosters, but why did Jimbo?? Espcially with the track record he had a FSU and bringing us out of the Bowden down years.
Don't buy in to a lot of the hear say, you hear. Warchant, Tomahawk Nation, Tallahassee Democrat and other FSU/Tallahasse media, only wrote about half true things, only pointing blame at Fisher and making him the bad guy. The AD and Boosters deserve most of the blame.
The only thing I am mad about with Jimbo, is his coaching staff. He should have fired half of them 2 years ago, instead he fought to get them raises, which bit him in the arse.
Jimbo didn't want to leave FSU. Pretty sure he knows it's two steps backward from FSU and needs a rebuild. But he basically got pushed out and the crap the media outlets were pushing out, was too much for him, so he left.
woosah
RealGM

Post#10 » by woosah » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah I knew about the upgrades he wanted but didn't think it was to the point of personal dislike. He should not have to fight but Rome wasn't built in a day and clearly he wasn't committed because if u planned to be there u have to trust they would have come through. It's not like fsu didn't want to compete, or have a track record of not doing what it takes to be championship level. Whatevs tho. If Tamu has it all then we will see them rise up. I won't hold my breath on that.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#11 » by MagicMadness » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:11 pm

Meh, bring Spurrier out of retirement. It'd be funny.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#12 » by Xatticus » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:13 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
woosah wrote:I am good with it in terms of him never being content money wise. Content with 5 and 6 tho :(

Boosters did not love Jimbo, nor the AD. Thrasher the school President is the only one he had a good relationship. He's been fighting with AD and Boosters for 5 yr for upgrades to facilities, indoor practice facility and a football only facility. The indoor practice field and locker room eventually got upgraded, after AD & Boosters took their sweet ass time to do so. Fisher just wanted to keep up with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. None of those coaches had to fight with their AD and Boosters, but why did Jimbo?? Espcially with the track record he had a FSU and bringing us out of the Bowden down years.
Don't buy in to a lot of the hear say, you hear. Warchant, Tomahawk Nation, Tallahassee Democrat and other FSU/Tallahasse media, only wrote about half true things, only pointing blame at Fisher and making him the bad guy. The AD and Boosters deserve most of the blame.
The only thing I am mad about with Jimbo, is his coaching staff. He should have fired half of them 2 years ago, instead he fought to get them raises, which bit him in the arse.
Jimbo didn't want to leave FSU. Pretty sure he knows it's two steps backward from FSU and needs a rebuild. But he basically got pushed out and the crap the media outlets were pushing out, was too much for him, so he left.

Don't sleep on A&M. There is a lot of potential there. They have great facilities, a lot of money, and a fervent following. They are just second fiddle in the state of Texas. I have no idea how Fisher will do there, but they have every bit as much potential as FSU does. They just haven't had a litany of quality coaches.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#13 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:13 pm

Jimbo is a douche. Not that this matters as Nick Saban and Bill Belichick are as well. So @Nemesis21, you probably need to calm down on defending him and blaming boosters and the school.

If you win, nothing else matters. But the arrogance of Jimbo Fisher got old quick.

I wouldn’t fire him or call for his resignation, but I do feel this is ultimately a good thing for both parties.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#14 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:23 pm

woosah wrote:Yeah I knew about the upgrades he wanted but didn't think it was to the point of personal dislike. He should not have to fight but Rome wasn't built in a day and clearly he wasn't committed because if u planned to be there u have to trust they would have come through. It's not like fsu didn't want to compete, or have a track record of not doing what it takes to be championship level. Whatevs tho. If Tamu has it all then we will see them rise up. I won't hold my breath on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallahassee.com/amp/101067040

Jimbo got the indoor practice facility he wanted. Now the school has turned their attention to upgrading facilities to other programs. That practice facility cost more than entire baseball stadium! Clearly football is #1 but Jimbo wouldn’t accept just that and right or wrong, the boosters were tired of it.

Come to Texas and it’s football first and everything else 275th.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#15 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:23 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Don't sleep on A&M. There is a lot of potential there. They have great facilities, a lot of money, and a fervent following. They are just second fiddle in the state of Texas. I have no idea how Fisher will do there, but they have every bit as much potential as FSU does. They just haven't had a litany of quality coaches.

:roll: I highly doubt the finish higher than Bama, UGA, LSU/Auburn, too much. Maybe occasionally. Yes they have great facilities, money and fanbase, but don't kid yourself, they need a rebuild. Also he'll have to battle Texas for recruits as well as the entire SEC.

LOL! Texas A&M doesn't have as much potential as FSU. They haven't won a National Championship since 1939.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:27 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Jimbo is a douche. Not that this matters as Nick Saban and Bill Belichick are as well. So @Nemesis21, you probably need to calm down on defending him and blaming boosters and the school.

If you win, nothing else matters. But the arrogance of Jimbo Fisher got old quick.

I wouldn’t fire him or call for his resignation, but I do feel this is ultimately a good thing for both parties.

Dumbest thing I've read in a long time! The AD and Boosters deserve 80% of the blame.
woosah
RealGM

Post#17 » by woosah » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:28 pm

Francois tweet. IDK who looks bad in this more, Jimbo or the fsu team. Hope they don't smear the guy.
Boo.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#18 » by Xatticus » Fri Dec 1, 2017 9:57 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

:roll: I highly doubt the finish higher than Bama, UGA, LSU/Auburn, too much. Maybe occasionally. Yes they have great facilities, money and fanbase, but don't kid yourself, they need a rebuild. Also he'll have to battle Texas for recruits as well as the entire SEC.

LOL! Texas A&M doesn't have as much potential as FSU. They haven't won a National Championship since 1939.

The Texas A&M program was in the same condition when it joined the SEC. They weren't exactly a juggernaut when they left the Big 12. Everyone said they would regret joining the vaunted SEC, yet they're over .500 in conference play since joining the SEC. The infrastructure is in place.

Winning isn't an entitlement. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan, etc... have all learned this. The coach that preceded Saban at Alabama (Mike Shula) had one winning season in his four years there. Nebraska had a longer sustained run of success than FSU and was coming off of one of the most dominant spells in college football history when they had to replace Tom Osborne. The program hasn't been the same since he retired.

Texas A&M has had every part of the formula except for the most important piece; the head coach. They haven't had a great coach in my lifetime. I don't know if Jimbo Fisher is that guy or not, but we are going to find out.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Nightman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,056

Post#19 » by Nightman » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:02 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:^ They are both fools gold

Why not Taggart? He's been at Oregon for one year and they're already getting their best recruiting class of all time. He would have a field day with a top Florida school.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#20 » by Max Power » Fri Dec 1, 2017 10:10 pm

Never liked Fisher. In fact every interview I ever saw him in I wanted to punch him in the mouth. I just have a feeling they’ll be after someone in Bowden’s old carousel of Coordinators.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.

Return to Orlando Magic