ImageImageImageImage

OT: FSU needs a coach!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: OT: FSU needs a coach! 

Post#261 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Oct 6, 2018 11:40 pm

4 keys cost us the game,

Worst O line in FSU history

Taggart bad play calling

Alonzo Hampton's special teams

ACC refs
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#262 » by InFlames » Sat Oct 6, 2018 11:43 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:4 keys cost us the game,

Worst O line in FSU history

Taggart bad play calling

Alonzo Hampton's special teams

ACC refs

Yep
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#263 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:09 am

I dont see a huge issue with the playcalling. We had a 27-7 lead. The issue is our oline is the worst and they were done by halftime. Taggart set up the double pass for the td and we got robbed of that. Regardless we dont deserve to win with an oline this bad. No coach can work with something this awful. If anything i am impressed that taggart was able to make this team play respectable and hard after starting the season looking like a high school team.

Our special teams were great until after that punt return td. I think the guys were just exhausted at that point. Of course aguayo choked on the important kick as well. I just see a lot of things that are on the players.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#264 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:21 am

PennytoShaq wrote:I dont see a huge issue with the playcalling. We had a 27-7 lead. The issue is our oline is the worst and they were done by halftime. Taggart set up the double pass for the td and we got robbed of that. Regardless we dont deserve to win with an oline this bad. No coach can work with something this awful. If anything i am impressed that taggart was able to make this team play respectable and hard after starting the season looking like a high school team.

Our special teams were great until after that punt return td. I think the guys were just exhausted at that point. Of course aguayo choked on the important kick as well. I just see a lot of things that are on the players.

With the worst o line in school history, unless you have Peter Warrick out there, don't call screens. Taggart calls them all the time. After the botch dbl forward pass call, our next possession or the one after(can't remember which one), Taggart calls a screen on 3rd and 12, ends up being a 3 yard loss. On a 3rd and 1 in the 2nd qtr, he calls a run out of shotgun. Why not QB sneak or power run with Patrick??
The season is half over and he still hasn't figured out how to get the tackles help. Never puts a TE on the line of scrimmage to help one of them. He doesn't always have to call out of the spread and shotgun. Call some plays with a TE or two on the line, call some plays with Patrick as FB blocking for Cam. Willie is terrible at in game adjustments so far, Richt out coached him in the 2nd half. In fact Richt's playing calling for his RS freshman QB making his 2nd career start, in the 2nd half was near beautiful.
PennytoShaq

Post#265 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:27 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:I dont see a huge issue with the playcalling. We had a 27-7 lead. The issue is our oline is the worst and they were done by halftime. Taggart set up the double pass for the td and we got robbed of that. Regardless we dont deserve to win with an oline this bad. No coach can work with something this awful. If anything i am impressed that taggart was able to make this team play respectable and hard after starting the season looking like a high school team.

With the worst o line in school history, unless you have Peter Warrick out there, don't call screens. Taggart calls them all the time. After the botch dbl forward pass call, our next possession or the one after(can't remember which one), Taggart calls a screen on 3rd and 12, ends up being a 3 yard loss. On a 3rd and 1 in the 2nd qtr, he calls a run out of shotgun. Why not QB sneak or power run with Patrick??
The season is half over and he still hasn't figured out how to get the tackles help. Never puts a TE on the line of scrimmage to help one of them. He doesn't always have to call out of the spread and shotgun. Call some plays with a TE or two on the line, call some plays with Patrick as FB blocking for Cam. Willie is terrible at in game adjustments so far.

Actually has been putting TEs in the backfield a lot more often. Hes also using rbs and tes to block more which of course means less guys running routes. It has helped with protection. He has had patrick and cam in together. All of those things have actually been done.

His playcalling is not perfect and i dont love his adjustments but he’s definitely not why we lost the game. The players play hard for him and i think he will get his guys here and turn this around. Main issue is his offense is based on power runs and we have the worst blockers in American history. Hes not going to change his entire offense for one year of bad football. I cant blame him for that.

I didnt see much from richt that was that amazing. We gave them the ball twice in the red zone. Miamis offense was ineffective without us gifting them the ball for the most part. You wouldn’t like richt as the fsu coach. Trust me.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#266 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:37 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

The season is half over and he still hasn't figured out how to get the tackles help. Never puts a TE on the line of scrimmage to help one of them. He doesn't always have to call out of the spread and shotgun. Call some plays with a TE or two on the line, call some plays with Patrick as FB blocking for Cam. Willie is terrible at in game adjustments so far.

Actually has been putting TEs in the backfield a lot more often. Hes also using rbs and tes to block more which of course means less guys running routes. It has helped with protection. He has had patrick and cam in together. All of those things have actually been done.

His playcalling is not perfect and i dont love his adjustments but he’s definitely not why we lost the game. The players play hard for him and i think he will get his guys here and turn this around. Main issue is his offense is based on power runs and we have the worst blockers in American history. Hes not going to change his entire offense for one year of bad football. I cant blame him for that.

I didnt see much from richt that was that amazing. We gave them the ball twice in the red zone. Miamis offense was ineffective without us gifting them the ball for the most part. You wouldn’t like richt as the fsu coach. Trust me.

I don't know what you are watching. On the play that was initially called a strip sack, but overturned to say D12 arm was going forward, the RG and RT blocked the same guy, that Miami defender ran between both with ease to get to D12. I've rarely seen Taggart get TE help to the tackles.

Not saying Richt's play calling was amazing, but he definitely made things easy for his young QB. 6 games in, worst o line in school history and they don't get help often from TEs and RBs.
PennytoShaq

Post#267 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:45 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

I don't know what you are watching. On the play that was initially called a strip sack, but overturned to say D12 arm was going forward, the RG and RT blocked the same guy, that Miami defender ran between both with ease to get to D12. I've rarely seen Taggart get TE help to the tackles.

Not saying Richt's play calling was amazing, but he definitely made things easy for his young QB. 6 games in, worst o line in school history and they don't get help often from TEs and RBs.

Im watching fsu football and paying attention. We dont run te protect every play because thats frankly stupid but we do run it often. We do an offset Formation out of the gun with a TE in the backfield who usually stays in and blocks. Its a common formation that we have run a lot in the past few games.

Thinking that we are going to do max protect every time is just not even close to realistic. But to say they dont get help from rbs and tes is false. Our rbs and tes have been picking up blitzes well. But they also need to
Run routes to stay balanced.

But how can you see that our guard and tackle messed up and blocked the same guy and somehow think a te would magically fix that mess? Thats just not how it works. I wish it was.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#268 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Oct 7, 2018 3:23 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Im watching fsu football and paying attention. We dont run te protect every play because thats frankly stupid but we do run it often. We do an offset Formation out of the gun with a TE in the backfield who usually stays in and blocks. Its a common formation that we have run a lot in the past few games.

Thinking that we are going to do max protect every time is just not even close to realistic. But to say they dont get help from rbs and tes is false. Our rbs and tes have been picking up blitzes well. But they also need to

But how can you see that our guard and tackle messed up and blocked the same guy and somehow think a te would magically fix that mess? Thats just not how it works. I wish it was.

You're putting words in my mouth, like you usually do in arguments with posters on here. Please, please show me where I said max protect should be on every play. Go ahead I'll wait.

Clearly you can't read. I said I've rarely seen it from Taggart. Carry on thinking that you know it all.
PennytoShaq

Post#269 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Oct 7, 2018 3:45 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

You're putting words in my mouth, like you usually do in arguments with posters on here. Please, please show me where I said max protect should be on every play. Go ahead I'll wait.

Clearly you can't read. I said I've rarely seen it from Taggart. Carry on thinking that you know it all.

I easily can read. Illustrating the differences in what we are doing versus a max protect is not putting words in your mouth. You get so emotional that you make it all about how you feel instead of rational thought.

Fact is that we have been running an offset gun formation with an extraTE in the backfield to block or using a rb to block far more often than we did to start the season. Its not rare at all. Taggart has made changes in that regard. Its easily proven by watching film anywhere so this argument is pointless.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#270 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Oct 7, 2018 3:50 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

I easily can read. Illustrating the differences in what we are doing versus a max protect is not putting words in your mouth. You get so emotional that you make it all about how you feel instead of rational thought.

Fact is that we have been running an offset gun formation with an extraTE in the backfield to block or using a rb to block far more often than we did to start the season. Its not rare at all. Taggart has made changes in that regard. Its easily proven by watching film anywhere so this argument is pointless.

*Mod Edit: Removed.* Again I never said max protect every play. But again keep putting words in my mouth.
PennytoShaq

Post#271 » by PennytoShaq » Sun Oct 7, 2018 3:58 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Lol you're full of yourself. Again I never said max protect every play. But again keep putting words in my mouth.

You just missed my point and proved it at the same time. Congrats, that is a rare combo. Back to ignore list. *Mod Edit: Removed.* A shame that “time off” you claimed you’d take never happened.
PennytoShaq

Post#272 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:37 pm

FSU runs the same 11 Personnell package 80% of the time this game and destroys Wake with it. It is nice to see us run a team out of the stadium by the third quarter again. Taggart is slowly turning this culture of complacency around, although I don’t expect us to matchup well versus Clemson’s Dline. They will wear our guys down just like Miami did.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#273 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:16 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:FSU runs the same 11 Personnell package 80% of the time this game and destroys Wake with it. It is nice to see us run a team out of the stadium by the third quarter again. Taggart is slowly turning this culture of complacency around, although I don’t expect us to matchup well versus Clemson’s Dline. They will wear our guys down just like Miami did.

Ill I ask for the rest of the season is for us to beat NC State and beat the Gators to keep the bowl streak alive. We do that and I consider Taggs first season a success. This schedule is the toughest in the country.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#274 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:44 pm

2 more wins and we're bowl eligible. :)
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#275 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:2 more wins and we're bowl eligible. :)

4 of your last 5 are against ranked opponents though. Certainly within grasp, more so than I would've thought at the start of the season (FWIW as a UCF fan i'm rooting for you guys to knock off a few more ranked teams ;)).

reminder: you shouldn't have been bowl eligible last year. :P
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#276 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:

4 of your last 5 are against ranked opponents though. Certainly within grasp, more so than I would've thought at the start of the season (FWIW as a UCF fan i'm rooting for you guys to knock off a few more ranked teams ;)).

Well if we had UCF's schedule, we'd go undefeated every year. :P
PennytoShaq

Post#277 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:

We should have been bowl eligible last year because why?

You can’t come in as a UCF fan and knock our schedule or bowl streak when this entire season UCF has yet to play a team currently over .500, and yet your fan base is angry they are not considered as a playoff team..lol.

And yeah, we may beat ND..we have a shot there, but Clemson would be a huge upset. We just don’t have the Oline depth this year or LB’s.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#278 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

You can’t come in as a UCF fan and knock our schedule or bowl streak when this entire season UCF has yet to play a team currently over .500, and yet your fan base is angry they are not considered as a playoff team..lol.

And yeah, we may beat ND..we have a shot there, but Clemson would be a huge upset. We just don’t have the Oline depth this year or LB’s.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/21/florida-state-bowl-eligibility-independence-bowl

Relax. i was just giving a light ribbing due to the link.
PennytoShaq

Post#279 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/21/florida-state-bowl-eligibility-independence-bowl

Relax. i was just giving a light ribbing due to the link.

I’m not upset, I’m just saying - cmon man..lol.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#280 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Today is embarrassing

Return to Orlando Magic