ImageImageImageImage

Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#381 » by Skin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:13 pm

p0peye wrote:
Skin wrote:
p0peye wrote:Fournier is valuable asset and could fetch nice return from a contender near trade deadline.

Read on Twitter

Which teams?

Don't really care where we trade him. Point is, Evan is definitively an asset especially to contending teams.

I can't find one. They either have SGs already or don't have anything that fits the description of "fetching a nice return".
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,177

Post#382 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 am

Biz is going to be an excellent expiring contract in 2 years...

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#383 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Biz is going to be an excellent expiring contract in 2 years...

I wonder how many teams will be lining up for a 10-15mpg $18 mil backup

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#384 » by ralphie9898 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:39 am

Skin wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Skin wrote:We don't have a need to get rid of Biyombo. We are not a team trying to save up to sign a star.

We have a need to trade Fournier and Vuc because they are bad selfish egotistical leaders.

We're a developmental team and the VERY LAST THING we would do is trade Aaron Gordon to clear cap. Jeez.

We don't have to move Biyombo that is true. But we should never stop trying to be a better team and if that means we should try and move him to try and sign a star we should. Magic brass should be focused on making this a better team and that very well could mean we try hard to trade him to get some future cap space. I don't think anyone is just thinking lightly about what we would have to give up along with Biyombo in order for a team to take his contract off our hands.

Trying to think of this out loud.... Soooo... trade Aaron Gordon, in order to rid ourselves of Biyombo.

Then what? Throw money at Paul George who would surely want to play with our talentless team?

OR

Continue to build a young team that can potentially compete for a long time around (Trae Young, Jonathan Isaac and Aaron Gordon) and try to trade Fournier and Vucevic for expirings or other young talents and/or draft picks.

I know which option I'm choosing.

Uh under plan we still draft someone like Young or maybe someone else. We get another late lottery pick to nab another quality player. Favors isn't that far off in my opinion from Gordon and we there are other free agents besides George who no I am not thinking of as a possibility. But that is not all we can do with Cap room. As we can also use it to take on an expiring contract from a team or two and get other assets in return and just wait till 2019. As I said I probably say no to this deal but it isn't as bad as you people are making it out to be. It is better then a lot of the deals I have seen on here that lean way to in favor of us. I would rather keep Gordon and given where we are we don't have to clear cap space. What I said was taken out of context and as I have said we should never limit ourselves in our pursuit to make the team better. Does that mean we make deals just for the sake of making them? No. But we should still at least listen to offers that may involve Gordon but as always it does depend on what we are getting back.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#385 » by Skin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:35 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Skin wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:We don't have to move Biyombo that is true. But we should never stop trying to be a better team and if that means we should try and move him to try and sign a star we should. Magic brass should be focused on making this a better team and that very well could mean we try hard to trade him to get some future cap space. I don't think anyone is just thinking lightly about what we would have to give up along with Biyombo in order for a team to take his contract off our hands.

Trying to think of this out loud.... Soooo... trade Aaron Gordon, in order to rid ourselves of Biyombo.

Then what? Throw money at Paul George who would surely want to play with our talentless team?

OR

Continue to build a young team that can potentially compete for a long time around (Trae Young, Jonathan Isaac and Aaron Gordon) and try to trade Fournier and Vucevic for expirings or other young talents and/or draft picks.

Uh under plan we still draft someone like Young or maybe someone else. We get another late lottery pick to nab another quality player. Favors isn't that far off in my opinion from Gordon and we there are other free agents besides George who no I am not thinking of as a possibility. But that is not all we can do with Cap room. As we can also use it to take on an expiring contract from a team or two and get other assets in return and just wait till 2019. As I said I probably say no to this deal but it isn't as bad as you people are making it out to be. It is better then a lot of the deals I have seen on here that lean way to in favor of us. I would rather keep Gordon and given where we are we don't have to clear cap space. What I said was taken out of context and as I have said we should never limit ourselves in our pursuit to make the team better. Does that mean we make deals just for the sake of making them? No. But we should still at least listen to offers that may involve Gordon but as always it does depend on what we are getting back.

Aaron Gordon is the one guy on this team flashing signs of becoming a star. Teams don't trade away these types of players and when they do, it usually blows up in their face (cough Oladipo cough). I would not trade him unless I'm getting blown away. Favors and a late lottery pick is not being blown away. Ask Jazz fans about Favors... they can't get any value for him and they are tryyying to trade him. Giving up Gordon for him is crazy talk.

I do get your point about clearing cap in order to take on a bad contract if a team is willing to give us a nice young player for it. Like the Nets landing Russell for taking on Mozgov. Unfortunately, those deals are rare. Any ideas?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#386 » by Skybox » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Skin wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Skin wrote:Trying to think of this out loud.... Soooo... trade Aaron Gordon, in order to rid ourselves of Biyombo.

OR

Aaron Gordon is the one guy on this team flashing signs of becoming a star. Teams don't trade away these types of players and when they do, it usually blows up in their face (cough Oladipo cough). I would not trade him unless I'm getting blown away. Favors and a late lottery pick is not being blown away. Ask Jazz fans about Favors... they can't get any value for him and they are tryyying to trade him. Giving up Gordon for him is crazy talk.

I do get your point about clearing cap in order to take on a bad contract if a team is willing to give us a nice young player for it. Like the Nets landing Russell for taking on Mozgov. Unfortunately, those deals are rare. Any ideas?

The ONLY shot at those (NETS-type) deals that I could even dreamily formulate is if we unleash Biz, he plays out of his mind for a month and some borderline contender sees him as their missing defensive cornerstone (CLE? MIL?) and dumps their expirings on us to get him for their all or nothing playoff run. I didn't say it was likely but...that's what we did based on his playoff performance...Honestly, if he returned to form, I'd want to build around him.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#387 » by Airgordon00 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:15 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gjtjve

For those who can’t see it. The trade is:

Orl in: pelicans 2018 first, Solomon Hill and Alexis ajinca.
Orl out: Fournier and afflalo.

Pelicans in: Fournier and afflalo.
Pelicans out: 2018 first, Solomon Hill and Alexis ajinca.

Why for Orlando: We help out our tank by getting rid of Fournier. We hope the pelicans fall apart and miss out on the playoffs or if they get in it’s a 8 seed so we would still pick in the mid teens. This would hopefully allow some of the young guys to get more touches.

Why for pelicans: They get a really good complimentary piece in Fournier to add to davis, cousins and holiday. This would be an ideal team for Fournier’s skill set.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#388 » by basketballRob » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 pm

I still like Tyus Jones and Gorgui Dieng from the Twolves if we could somehow snag them. Maybe a Vuc and EP swap.
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#389 » by Airgordon00 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Then if you really wanted to tank hard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7x3q2s5
For those who can’t see:

Orl in: Bucks 2018 first, John Henson, dellavedova and brogdon.

Orl out: vooch, Payton and Mack.

Bucks in: vooch, Payton and Mack.

Bucks out: 2018 first, Henson, dellavedova and brogdon.

Why for Orlando: We get another first rd pick. Probably somewhere in the teens to early 20 range. They get brogdon who has fallen out of the rotation due to Bledsoe being there. We eat some longer contacts in Henson and dellavedova which isn’t that big of a deal since we are not going to be players in free agency any time soon. Plus we suck more to increase are chances at a higher pick.

Why for bucks: They get vooch who will help add another weapon to there team. He can finally slide into a role where he can help a team win without having to be “The guy”. They take a flyer on Payton who I think could really flourish on the bench as a super sub. Plus they get Mack who they can release after this year if they want to save money.

Thoughts?

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#390 » by tiderulz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 am

Airgordon00 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gjtjve

Why for Orlando: We help out our tank by getting rid of Fournier. We hope the pelicans fall apart and miss out on the playoffs or if they get in it’s a 8 seed so we would still pick in the mid teens. This would hopefully allow some of the young guys to get more touches.

Why for pelicans: They get a really good complimentary piece in Fournier to add to davis, cousins and holiday. This would be an ideal team for Fournier’s skill set.

Thoughts?

horrible trade for Orlando
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#391 » by Airgordon00 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 am

tiderulz wrote:
Airgordon00 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gjtjve

Thoughts?

horrible trade for Orlando

Would taking out hill and putting in asik( who’s last year is only partially guaranteed) better? What else do you want from them to make it fair?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#392 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:13 am

Skin wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Skin wrote:Trying to think of this out loud.... Soooo... trade Aaron Gordon, in order to rid ourselves of Biyombo.

OR

Yes Gordon has shown to be the best player we have had this year. But that is not saying a whole lot as we are one of the worst teams in the league right now. I like Gordon but I have heard it before on him and other guys that they will become stars and yet they haven't. And also what kind of Star? Superstar? All-Star? I am not sure if he will ever be an all-star. I think he can still be a solid player who could start on a lot of teams but could also have plenty of guys start over him depending on the makeup of the team.
Yeah Those deals don't happen a lot but they do happen. Philly had done it before and sorry I can bring up any exact examples(except we did one fairly recently when we traded Ibaka away. Yeah we took money back but it was less) but it has happened more than once. Also it is a fairly new concept so it doesn't have a lot of history. And while Oladipo is playing well I'm not ready to call him an all-star yet(maybe this year but I could see him scrubbed for some more recognizable names) and certainly not a guy that will continue to get all-star appearances again and again. Only time will tell. And even if we don't get that Mozgov, Russell like deal this summer(as long as we don't screw ourselves over by offering big multi-year deals like Biyombo) we could do look to do that in 2019 when hopefully Isaac is starting to show something and whoever we take this summer ends up showing promise too and we can position ourselves to actually lure a target maybe in 2019 or 2020.

Finally as I have said I probably say no to this trade. I would much rather keep Gordon because he is still young and has been much better at PF. Also we don't have to trade Biyombo and can wait two more years till his contract ends as I don't see us getting that much better by then. Maybe some as we do have young guys and you never know when they will turn it on and start impacting the win=loss total. I am Just fine that as well. I am just saying that this ins't that bad of trade and makes some sense for both which contrary to other proposals I have seen on here have only made sense for us. Yes that is goal I would love to do in every trade at bot the time we make the trade and several years into the future. But the other team has just a say in the trade and thus it has to be somewhat equal and that means to get something you really want(like get rid of Biyombo's contract) or get a player like McCollum or a good lottery pick (in addition to our own in 2018) you have to give up something you may not want to actually give up.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Re: RE: Re: Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#393 » by rusoopE » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:Biz is going to be an excellent expiring contract in 2 years...

Organic point of view ala henny

"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#394 » by tiderulz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 pm

when was the last time an expiring contract landed anyone? not trying to be funny, i honestly dont remember
Skybox
RealGM

Post#395 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Is there a team out there who needs a Center and could absorb some cap? I think Vuc has value, but maybe the new FO might consider a bit of a value sacrifice on him to get some space to work with on a second bigger trade with a team in need of cap relief (McCollum+ Leonard or Turner for AG,if we must, or Fournier +, if we're lucky)...If, when the dust settles, we land a CJ, I'll be very happy!

I'd like to think the FO is thinking big and globally, even if it involves some short term sacrifice.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#396 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:45 pm

One might be Dallas...straight up for Noel. Play him. See how he melds, likely lose him (and gain cap space) if someone throws too much $$ at him or keep him at a realistic value if he fits well.

Sorry Vuc. Ready for a new look but I wish you the best.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#397 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:47 pm

BTW...not looking for cap space thinking Lebron or PG13 comes here. I understand reality...looking for financial flexibility like Brooklyn used to get DeAngelo Russell via trade.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#398 » by Furinkazan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Skybox wrote:BTW...not looking for cap space thinking Lebron or PG13 comes here. I understand reality...looking for financial flexibility like Brooklyn used to get DeAngelo Russell via trade.

Yeha its always good to have options and flexibility but
in reality you wont ever see such trade again
a situation where a tanking team traded their young star in development because they wanted to free up capspace for a certain year.This was a once a decade(or more) trade situation.Only Lakers or Knicks could pull off such stunt.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#399 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:26 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Skybox wrote:BTW...not looking for cap space thinking Lebron or PG13 comes here. I understand reality...looking for financial flexibility like Brooklyn used to get DeAngelo Russell via trade.

Yeha its always good to have options and flexibility but
in reality you wont ever see such trade again
a situation where a tanking team traded their young star in development because they wanted to free up capspace for a certain year.This was a once a decade(or more) trade situation.Only Lakers or Knicks could pull off such stunt.

It's not that dramatic a deal or rare...I'm not expecting anything of that magnitude - just a little breathing room to take back more than we give. A better team than Orl could certainly sacrifice some cap space to get better overnight. Not necessarily sell their cap souls to do it either.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#400 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:15 am

rusoopE wrote:

Organic point of view ala henny

He could or he could not be. Expiring contracts are nice but are more valuable to teams who are looking to clear space to get room for a possible run at a big name free agent. Big name free agents tend to sign with winners(Hayward, Durant, Shaq and so on) or in cases where a bad team can actually sign two guys or make a big trade for someone(Lebron and Bosh both going to Miami to join Wade or Lebron back to Clevland to join with Irving and the number one pick which they along with some other assets to get Love or even Boston with their big trio of Garnett, Allen who join Pierce in Boston). We are not in a great position right now to attract much though if Isaac and whoever we take this summer pan out as hoped and with maybe Gordon and Simmons and whatever else we can get from under the radar moves maybe we could become an attraction to where that trade may make some sense. But we have seen plenty of expiring contracts with that kind of money owed and even in higher or lower amounts just sit by the wayside and their deals expire and they become free agents. So we shall see.

Return to Orlando Magic