ImageImageImageImage

Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Re: Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#401 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 am

Skybox wrote:Is there a team out there who needs a Center and could absorb some cap? I think Vuc has value, but maybe the new FO might consider a bit of a value sacrifice on him to get some space to work with on a second bigger trade with a team in need of cap relief (McCollum+ Leonard or Turner for AG,if we must, or Fournier +, if we're lucky)...If, when the dust settles, we land a CJ, I'll be very happy!

I'd like to think the FO is thinking big and globally, even if it involves some short term sacrifice.

Yes some teams need a center. But the question is whether other teams that do view Vuc as their answer. He doesn't fit the modern view of big man but with some teams he could make sense as a either a high minute Backup(similar to Enes Kanter most likely) or with one or two as a starter who platoons with someone which I would say is less likely. A lot of teams just don't have the ability to make the money work per NBA trade rules. They don't have to be exact but they have to be similar(with if you get to dealing even larger sums of money the difference allowed gets greater. When it comes to the e to find a big man. In the expiring year the number of teams that could want him can go up but that is hard to figure as you don't know for certain how things will shake out. Maybe someone gets a Kyle Kuzma like pick an that fills their center role for the future then the market could shrink and of course it could also in the same breath get bigger if the big guy prospetcs in this years draft(which there are plenty of good ones) don't pan out. But as I just said there is a lot of promising bigs in this class that very well could hurt Vuc's value. So we shall see as that effect starts now as teams may just want to wait till the draft. He does have value but getting the math to work and getting the two teams to agree to the principles of the trade are just as important.
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#402 » by magicfanejc42 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 pm

What about a blockbuster trade to push for playoffs?

Orlando outgoing: Vuc, Evan, DJ, Mario, LA pick, 2019 protected first.
Orlando incoming: DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik.

New Orleans outgoing: DeMarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
New Orleans Incoming: Evan Fournier, Vuc, Ben McLemore, 2019 top 15 protect Orlando pick.

Memphis outgoing: Tyreke Evans, Ben McLemore
Memphis incoming: Mario, DJ and LA pick.

Orlando:
Payton, Mack
Evans, Ross, Iwundu
Simmons, Isaac
AG, Payne
Cousins, Biyombo, Birch

Waive Asik. call up Purvis.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#403 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 5:07 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Skybox wrote:BTW...not looking for cap space thinking Lebron or PG13 comes here. I understand reality...looking for financial flexibility like Brooklyn used to get DeAngelo Russell via trade.

Yeha its always good to have options and flexibility but
in reality you wont ever see such trade again
a situation where a tanking team traded their young star in development because they wanted to free up capspace for a certain year.This was a once a decade(or more) trade situation.Only Lakers or Knicks could pull off such stunt.

Or Houston who traded away a lot of money to land Paul. Miami had to give some money away to sign both Lebron and Bosh. Yeah it doesn't happen a lot but it does happen more then that. LA and NY aren't the draws they once were and it simply now depends more on situation. As if you have a good team like Golden State you can attract and keep guy there. Even Cleveland is attracting people and Boston as well. We were able to sign get Rashard to sign here back in the day. And there are other big money deals handed out every year by multiple teams other than those three where they have to make the money work and they make deals to move guys. And Deangelo was a special case because he was causing problems there and didn't play all that well as a rookie and coupled with them having a top pick to land an elite PG prospect there wasn't a whole lot of room for Deangelo and throw in also just how bad the Mozgov deal was, as it was worse then Biyombo's.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#404 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 5:40 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:What about a blockbuster trade to push for playoffs?

New Orleans Incoming: Evan Fournier, Vuc, Ben McLemore, 2019 top 15 protect Orlando pick.

Orlando:
Payton, Mack
Evans, Ross, Iwundu
Simmons, Isaac
AG, Payne
Cousins, Biyombo, Birch

No thanks because Cousin's is a free agent at the end of this season and he could leave and so could Evans. Asik is a negative value because of his deal which whole not as bad as Biymbo's isn't great. So no thanks as I don't even see why we would want to try and win more games as I already think we are out of the playoffs and should just build for the future and this deal doesn't do that. I would also just rather see what we can get from those second round picks we have and the 2019 pick seems likely to be in the lottery for us as I don't see us being one of the better destinations for free agents this coming offseason so it doesn't bode well for our 2018-19 season prospects. Unless Isaac gets a whole lot better and much faster then expected. I don't think Cousin's resigns here though Evans could if he doesn't get the money he wants from one of his preferred choices. With just Evans back and not a whole lot of cap space to do a whole lot with and considering we aren't likely attracting much I don't see us being that much better then we are now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#405 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 2, 2018 12:55 am

basketballRob wrote:I still like Tyus Jones and Gorgui Dieng from the Twolves if we could somehow snag them. Maybe a Vuc and EP swap.

You won't find many (any?) Wolves fans who are willing to trade Tyus Jones right now.

Dieng, Aldrich, Teague are the three names talked about most on the Wolves board to trade. We would like to improve our depth, so if we could get a couple of smaller yet still productive pieces for those bigger contracts, it would probably be fine. Also, approaching the luxury tax, so can't really add much salary coming in on our end unless on shorter deals.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#406 » by ralphie9898 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:51 am

Klomp wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I still like Tyus Jones and Gorgui Dieng from the Twolves if we could somehow snag them. Maybe a Vuc and EP swap.

You won't find many (any?) Wolves fans who are willing to trade Tyus Jones right now.

Dieng, Aldrich, Teague are the three names talked about most on the Wolves board to trade. We would like to improve our depth, so if we could get a couple of smaller yet still productive pieces for those bigger contracts, it would probably be fine. Also, approaching the luxury tax, so can't really add much salary coming in on our end unless on shorter deals.

Why wouldn't you trade Tyus Jones? He hasn't done much yet. 4.2 points per game, 2.7 assists per game, and a 14.46 per don't standout much to me. He is playing god D but he was a late first rounder and seems at best to be projected as a backup PG. I have always like Dieng and I would gladly take him in return for Vuc and Payton though you have to include more even though the money works. Don't want TeagueBecause of his salary and the fact that he could make us a little better this year and I don't see why we would pursue that at risk of hurting our draft stock. Aldrich doesn't interest me that much.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#407 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:07 am

ralphie9898 wrote:Why wouldn't you trade Tyus Jones? He hasn't done much yet. 4.2 points per game, 2.7 assists per game, and a 14.46 per don't standout much to me. He is playing god D but he was a late first rounder and seems at best to be projected as a backup PG.

First of all, one of the biggest subliminal reasons for not trading Jones is because he's a Minnesota kid. That matters for a number of fans.

That being said, most fans feel the coaching staff has been holding him back. When he plays, he's been productive. Has a 4.5/1 assist-to-turnover ratio (2nd in NBA) and a 2/1 steal-to-turnover ratio.

Butler loves the kid. And since Thibs loves Butler and Butler loves Jones, personally I don't think it's a trade that happens unless Minnesota gets away with highway robbery.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#408 » by ralphie9898 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:23 am

Klomp wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Why wouldn't you trade Tyus Jones? He hasn't done much yet. 4.2 points per game, 2.7 assists per game, and a 14.46 per don't standout much to me. He is playing god D but he was a late first rounder and seems at best to be projected as a backup PG.

First of all, one of the biggest subliminal reasons for not trading Jones is because he's a Minnesota kid. That matters for a number of fans.

That being said, most fans feel the coaching staff has been holding him back. When he plays, he's been productive. Has a 4.5/1 assist-to-turnover ratio (2nd in NBA) and a 2/1 steal-to-turnover ratio.

Butler loves the kid. And since Thibs loves Butler and Butler loves Jones, personally I don't think it's a trade that happens unless Minnesota gets away with highway robbery.

Yeah his D is better then expected but we was supposed to handle the ball well. But he hasn't done much else and even here he projects to be a career backup. Yeah he was from Minnesota but that wile nice isn't a roadblock for the team to consider much as an impediment to trading him. Fans don't have any say in it and I doubt you guys will riot if Tyus Jones get traded or much of anything else. And you can tell me all about how Thibs may be holding him back but I trust Thibs to make the right decision(and for a kid that is playing good D you would have to wonder why Thibs of all people would hold him back. Teague makes too much money to make that work. Aldrich is a redundancy and make too much money to where the money doesn't work either under NBA rules. Would you guys trade Muhammud instead of Jones. If not Jones or Shabazz then we would start have to talk about one of your first rounders as I wouldn't give you both Payton(who projects to be better then Jones) and Vuc for just Dieng.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#409 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Jan 2, 2018 11:01 pm

magicfanejc42 wrote:What about a blockbuster trade to push for playoffs?

Orlando:
Payton, Mack
Evans, Ross, Iwundu
Simmons, Isaac
AG, Payne
Cousins, Biyombo, Birch

I'm not sure Memphis wants to part with Tyreke if they've decided to stick with Conley and Gasol. He seems to be lifting some weight on that team with Conley being out. Also, Isaac shouldn't be in the line up, even in the 2nd unit, as he's been assigned to a development program with no real timetable to return. Lastly, if Cousins doesn't resign, we're left off in a worse position than before the trade, which would be a huge setback and gamble.
Do not max Vuc!
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#410 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Jan 2, 2018 11:04 pm

I'd like to look for a trade for Vuc and Payton and Keep Fournier in the meantime. I wonder if Gordon and Fournier can coexist without Vuc around?
Do not max Vuc!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,702

Post#411 » by thelead » Tue Jan 2, 2018 11:11 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:I'd like to look for a trade for Vuc and Payton and Keep Fournier in the meantime. I wonder if Gordon and Fournier can coexist without Vuc around?

Why trade Payton? Unless we can get good value out of him, why not keep him as our backup pg?
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#412 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Jan 2, 2018 11:23 pm

thelead wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:I'd like to look for a trade for Vuc and Payton and Keep Fournier in the meantime. I wonder if Gordon and Fournier can coexist without Vuc around?

Why trade Payton? Unless we can get good value out of him, why not keep him as our backup pg?

That would be awesome! But would he resign knowing he'd be coming off the bench? What happens with DJ then? I'd love him to be the backup on this team, but I'm not sure he'd be up to it when a team like PHX could offer him a starting role next to Booker.
Do not max Vuc!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,702

Post#413 » by thelead » Tue Jan 2, 2018 11:40 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
thelead wrote:

That would be awesome! But would he resign knowing he'd be coming off the bench? What happens with DJ then? I'd love him to be the backup on this team, but I'm not sure he'd be up to it when a team like PHX could offer him a starting role next to Booker.

I guess it depends what offers he gets but if it's a ~8 mil a year deal, we might as well keep him as a backup.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#414 » by Hogified05 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:05 pm

I say we hold on to them. Boston has a damn good chance of collecting LA's pick at 2-5 this year. They are loaded with young guys. Don't think they would want to add another. I think Vuc and Evan would be damn enticing to Boston there. Throw in our first the next year if we have a top 5 pick as well. (Maybe top 2 protected).

You are promised 2 players out of Bagley, Young, Porter, Doncic and Ayton. I don't know about you but I like the sound of that. Specially if you can nab a combo of Young or Doncic with Ayton or Bagley.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#415 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:25 pm

Hogified05 wrote:I say we hold on to them. Boston has a damn good chance of collecting LA's pick at 2-5 this year. They are loaded with young guys. Don't think they would want to add another. I think Vuc and Evan would be damn enticing to Boston there. Throw in our first the next year if we have a top 5 pick as well. (Maybe top 2 protected).

You are promised 2 players out of Bagley, Young, Porter, Doncic and Ayton. I don't know about you but I like the sound of that. Specially if you can nab a combo of Young or Doncic with Ayton or Bagley.

I think there would have been a better chance of this happening if Tatum wasn't so advanced already. They might as well use the pick for a big in the upcoming draft and ensure they own his rights for a lot longer than they can retain Vuc. You might be right about Boston being our best suitor of both Vuc and Fournier though. Most other teams can only really use one or the other.
Do not max Vuc!
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#416 » by IllMagic04 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 10:45 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
Hogified05 wrote:I say we hold on to them. Boston has a damn good chance of collecting LA's pick at 2-5 this year. They are loaded with young guys. Don't think they would want to add another. I think Vuc and Evan would be damn enticing to Boston there. Throw in our first the next year if we have a top 5 pick as well. (Maybe top 2 protected).

I think there would have been a better chance of this happening if Tatum wasn't so advanced already. They might as well use the pick for a big in the upcoming draft and ensure they own his rights for a lot longer than they can retain Vuc. You might be right about Boston being our best suitor of both Vuc and Fournier though. Most other teams can only really use one or the other.

What could Boston send back to make the money work. I'm all for moving both to increase are ability to tank but the money don't match up. I've been all through the trade machine for a Evan trade but I cant find one aside from the Fournier to Portland for Evan Turner and their first rounder I pitched earlier in the thread. I don't really see any other trades out there that make sense.
Shady Franchise
Veteran

Post#417 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Jan 4, 2018 10:52 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:
Shady Franchise wrote:

What could Boston send back to make the money work. I'm all for moving both to increase are ability to tank but the money don't match up. I've been all through the trade machine for a Evan trade but I cant find one aside from the Fournier to Portland for Evan Turner and their first rounder I pitched earlier in the thread. I don't really see any other trades out there that make sense.

Ya me either. Boston fans said they would love to have Vuc on their team, but there doesn't seem to be at trade that both sides can agree on. I wouldn't mind trading Vuc at a loss, but Fournier is a good asset, and should be a player a lot of teams could use.
Do not max Vuc!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,444

Post#418 » by Bensational » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:10 am

I'm bored, so here's another crack at it.

PHO: Vuc + Fournier + Payton + Hezonja

LAL: Monroe + Mack

ORL: (Chriss or Bender) + Clarkson + Randle + Deng + Dudley

ORLANDO
Biyombo/Randle/Birch
Gordon/(Chriss or Bender)
Isaac/Deng/Dudley
Ross/Simmons
Clarkson/Augustin

Phoenix move mostly junk contracts plus one talented young player in exchange for 3 starters that could compliment Booker well enough to start getting that team some W's.

Lakers clear cap space for next offseason.

Orlando gets a decent value PG who can score (until we draft Young), Randle is basically Vuc 2.0, we absorb a couple bad contracts in Deng and Dudley but we're not going to be FA players for a couple years until we become winners anyway. And we get one of Chriss/Bender who give us another big to try and throw into the Gordon/Isaac combo who can hopefully add to a a trio that can space the floor and defend multiple positions in a switch defense.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#419 » by Skin » Fri Jan 5, 2018 12:40 am

Bensational wrote:I'm bored, so here's another crack at it.

PHO: Vuc + Fournier + Payton + Hezonja

LAL: Monroe + Mack

ORL: (Chriss or Bender) + Clarkson + Randle + Deng + Dudley

ORLANDO
Biyombo/Randle/Birch
Gordon/(Chriss or Bender)
Isaac/Deng/Dudley
Ross/Simmons
Clarkson/Augustin

Phoenix move mostly junk contracts plus one talented young player in exchange for 3 starters that could compliment Booker well enough to start getting that team some W's.

Lakers clear cap space for next offseason.

Orlando gets a decent value PG who can score (until we draft Young), Randle is basically Vuc 2.0, we absorb a couple bad contracts in Deng and Dudley but we're not going to be FA players for a couple years until we become winners anyway. And we get one of Chriss/Bender who give us another big to try and throw into the Gordon/Isaac combo who can hopefully add to a a trio that can space the floor and defend multiple positions in a switch defense.

Trade ideas to solve boredom... I know the feeling... :lol:

Interesting, but I don't like this one. I just don't think it would solve our chemistry issues. Those Lakers players seem too egotistical to warrant their skill level imo. Plus, I've always disliked Randle. Clarkson is a black hole. I think Chriss might actually be available since he's been a disappointment.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#420 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 5:53 am

Shady Franchise wrote:

Boston and Philly are not giving up that high of a lottery pick for Vuc and/or Fournier. Yes they have young guys but that doesn't mean they are just going to trade it and definitely not for two roleplayers who very well could be backups for them. Plus you have to make the money work. Boston is going to have to send money back to us in order for it to appease NBA rules. Yeah they could trade it but it will be for a star to pair with what they have, not two overpaid roleplayers. And they very well could be fine with just taking Doncic or Bagley or Porter or Ayton or Bamba. Boston would love to have a young mobile big who can supplement Howard and hopefully a healthy Hayward. Doncic would be a great guy to pair with Irving in the backcourt. Philly would be just fine with adding a young talent as they are still more of a team for the future then they are a win now team like Boston. Sorry but I doubt we are getting a high lottery pick in addition to our own.

Return to Orlando Magic