ImageImageImageImage

Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Re: Find a trade for Evan and/or Vuc! 

Post#421 » by ralphie9898 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:07 am

Skin wrote:
Bensational wrote:I'm bored, so here's another crack at it.

PHO: Vuc + Fournier + Payton + Hezonja

LAL: Monroe + Mack

ORL: (Chriss or Bender) + Clarkson + Randle + Deng + Dudley

ORLANDO
Biyombo/Randle/Birch
Gordon/(Chriss or Bender)
Isaac/Deng/Dudley
Ross/Simmons
Clarkson/Augustin

Phoenix move mostly junk contracts plus one talented young player in exchange for 3 starters that could compliment Booker well enough to start getting that team some W's.

Lakers clear cap space for next offseason.

Orlando gets a decent value PG who can score (until we draft Young), Randle is basically Vuc 2.0, we absorb a couple bad contracts in Deng and Dudley but we're not going to be FA players for a couple years until we become winners anyway. And we get one of Chriss/Bender who give us another big to try and throw into the Gordon/Isaac combo who can hopefully add to a a trio that can space the floor and defend multiple positions in a switch defense.

Trade ideas to solve boredom... I know the feeling... :lol:

Interesting, but I don't like this one. I just don't think it would solve our chemistry issues. Those Lakers players seem too egotistical to warrant their skill level imo. Plus, I've always disliked Randle. Clarkson is a black hole. I think Chriss might actually be available since he's been a disappointment.

Yeah I don't think Pheonix or LA do that. I think they rather hold onto those assets for a potential big trade especially the Lakers who will be targeting some big name free agents this summer. Phoenix definitely isn't worried about winning now and yes Chriss has been a disappointment so far I think they would much rather just wait and see if the light can turn on on Chriss. I don't think Vuc, Fournier, and Payton come close to getting that much back in return. And I hear you on Randle and Clarkson. Though they do have some value as young guys that can get better and could be an asset we look to trade down the line. But Randle gets in the way of Isaac some and would definitely behind Gordon so I don't like him much for us. Clarkson I like a little better but could be in the way somewhat if we select a guard this coming draft like Young or Doncic. It would be nice to get rid of all those deal but have zero interest in taking on Deng's bad deal as well as Clarkson's so it doesn't help our cap situation much so I don't like it for us either. So I do get the boredom and am waiting to hear if there is any interest in some of our guys and even more so how the lottery shakes out which is further down the road. But I don't think any of these three teams would want to do this deal.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,904

Post#422 » by drsd » Fri Jan 5, 2018 9:02 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:What about a blockbuster trade to push for playoffs?

Orlando outgoing: Vuc, Evan, DJ, Mario, LA pick, 2019 protected first.
Orlando incoming: DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik.

New Orleans outgoing: DeMarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
New Orleans Incoming: Evan Fournier, Vuc, Ben McLemore, 2019 top 15 protect Orlando pick.

Memphis outgoing: Tyreke Evans, Ben McLemore
Memphis incoming: Mario, DJ and LA pick.

Orlando:
Payton, Mack
Evans, Ross, Iwundu
Simmons, Isaac
AG, Payne
Cousins, Biyombo, Birch

Waive Asik. call up Purvis.

There is a lot to like about this, and the team is only one SF found in the FA market from being interesting.
Let's say the Magic draft Porter Jr. and Khyri Thomas, and sign Rodney Hood, the 2018/19 team becomes something like:

Payton/Mack/Thomas
Evans/Ross/Iwundu
Hood/Simmons/Porter Jr.
Gordon/Isaac/Payne
Cousins/Biyombo/Birch

There is a lot to like about this team. Solid core and excellent depth. A nice mix of vets and youth.

I like this team

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#423 » by Furinkazan » Fri Jan 5, 2018 9:54 am

heard Clarkson is on the market
would we want/need him?

I guess they would want expirings mainly
which basicly lead to Payton/Mario/Afflalo/Mo as only possible trade
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#424 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:34 am

drsd wrote:
magicfanejc42 wrote:What about a blockbuster trade to push for playoffs?

Orlando outgoing: Vuc, Evan, DJ, Mario, LA pick, 2019 protected first.
Orlando incoming: DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik.

New Orleans outgoing: DeMarcus Cousins, Omer Asik
New Orleans Incoming: Evan Fournier, Vuc, Ben McLemore, 2019 top 15 protect Orlando pick.

Memphis outgoing: Tyreke Evans, Ben McLemore
Memphis incoming: Mario, DJ and LA pick.

Orlando:
Payton, Mack
Evans, Ross, Iwundu
Simmons, Isaac
AG, Payne
Cousins, Biyombo, Birch

Waive Asik. call up Purvis.

There is a lot to like about this, and the team is only one SF found in the FA market from being interesting.
Let's say the Magic draft Porter Jr. and Khyri Thomas, and sign Rodney Hood, the 2018/19 team becomes something like:

Payton/Mack/Thomas
Evans/Ross/Iwundu
Hood/Simmons/Porter Jr.
Gordon/Isaac/Payne
Cousins/Biyombo/Birch

There is a lot to like about this team. Solid core and excellent depth. A nice mix of vets and youth.

I like this team

First hurdle to that is Cap space as we are not going to have any to go after Hood. We are already close to the cap and don't have a lot of money tied to expiring deals and this deal brings back similar money tied for a few years. Plus Gordon and Payton are going to get a lot more expensive(especially Gordon). And resigning Cousin's is probably going to put us near or over the tax threshold. Secondly Hood is restricted and restricted FAs don't leave their current teams that often. Finally Cousin's is a free agent and very well could leave for greener pastures as he is one of the marquee guys that teams will be trying to get.

Plus that is a whole lot of congestion at the forward spots. I wouldn't draft Porter(even tho I think he would be worth that high of a selection. Instead I would take Young, Sexton or Doncic over Porter and Bagley. Gordon makes most sense at PF and I would want to see what Isaac can do which would be limited in that lineup as I would want to give Porter as much time and if Simmons and Hood are going to get minutes it isn't going to be tough to give the requisite time needed for everyone. I would even take Ayton or Bamba as I said Cousins is likely to leave. So because Cousin's is a free agent I would not do that deal. Even if he leaves we aren't going to have that much room and even if we did we aren't going to be that attractive to free agents without Cousins. So even if he were to resign with us we are going to largely set with that roster. So sorry but no Hood and I think a trade would be required at some point to clear the logjam at the forward spots and also upgrade our guard spots.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#425 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:41 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:heard Clarkson is on the market
would we want/need him?

He has been mentioned for a while as possibly being available. And I think LA is going to want more then just expirings and could even just hang onto him as part of trade package to bring in talent to build around a big free agent or to help lure him in. And secondly I would have to say no to Clarkson. That is just another hefty contract that doesn't help us that much. We should be focused on jettisoning such contracts instead of trading good expiring deals for more of them.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#426 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 6, 2018 9:08 am

ralphie9898 wrote:
would we want/need him?

He has been mentioned for a while as possibly being available. And I think LA is going to want more then just expirings and could even just hang onto him as part of trade package to bring in talent to build around a big free agent or to help lure him in. And secondly I would have to say no to Clarkson. That is just another hefty contract that doesn't help us that much. We should be focused on jettisoning such contracts instead of trading good expiring deals for more of them.

I see adding him as an asset.We could always stash and trade him later he is good off the bench as a scoring punch and we need such.Maybe not now but propably next season it would be good to have such player off the bench.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#427 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 6, 2018 11:10 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
would we want/need him?

I don't think Clarkson is valuable enough for the Lakers to rely on trading him for more value after free agency. They'd be better off clearing his contract off the books so they've got cash to work with to bring in players to support LeBron/PG/etc.

I can't imagine they want to be stuck with $30M in salary tied up between Deng and Clarkson this summer. But I don't expect them to pull another Russell style trade, either, unless it's with Randle.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,114

Post#428 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 6, 2018 11:53 pm

The front office needs to decide who of Ross or Fournier they want to keep. Obviously, Simmons is on an amazing contract and is a WeltHam signing. He's going no where. Ross is cheaper than Evan by about seven million per season. However, Evan is better than Ross.
So then it just comes down to which of the two they like.

Ideally, you want to trade Biyombo's contract away but that doesn't seem to be possible unless we're dealing AG. And I don't see that happening. I think Biz's contract can be dealt in '18-'19. Being patient may not be a popular plan, but the front office may be better off avoiding any major deals aside from Elfrid, Mario, and one of the above wings.

At this point I'd be willing to trade Nik just to get him out of this miserable franchise and into a better situation. He's still the most consistent player contributor on this team (Aaron is getting there). He's very a valuable piece and he shouldn't just be dumped for the sake of dumping. I still don't think we should or will deal Nik. He's a better team defender than Biz and we all see what happens to the offense when Nik isn't around.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#429 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:58 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
would we want/need him?

I see adding him as an asset.We could always stash and trade him later he is good off the bench as a scoring punch and we need such.Maybe not now but propably next season it would be good to have such player off the bench.

Yeah he is a good player but he does have a fairly large contract for 2 more years. He is also a little bit of a ball stopper who doesn't shoot it that well. I do like him as a backup but at that contract I would hope we can do better. I just wouldn't trade for him as I don't think he helps us win that much more and again if we can't keep giving backup level guys starter level money. He would be the fourth highest paid player on our roster as of now if we added him who could move up if we include Evan or Vuc but I think LA is looking not to take back more money in return and hoping for a mix of expiring contracts/maybe a pick or two. I don't think LA gets a whole lot in return for Clarkson and if they want an expiring deal they probably can't also expect a first rounder that doesn't have heavy restrictions with it and very well could be at best a second rounder. Again the money has to be close and that always is problematic to getting a deal done. Plus I think LA very well could just prefer to instead of trading him by himself but look to include him in a larger deal that may net them something better then we can realistically give them. aka Isaac, Gordon or our first in 2018 isn't very realistic so after that we don't have a whole lot to offer when you consider contracts. Which is why I say no to trading for Clarkson now. Maybe if we were a good team then adding him makes more sense if the money makes sense. But right now I say no.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#430 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:28 am

Bensational wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
would we want/need him?

I don't think Clarkson is valuable enough for the Lakers to rely on trading him for more value after free agency. They'd be better off clearing his contract off the books so they've got cash to work with to bring in players to support LeBron/PG/etc.

I can't imagine they want to be stuck with $30M in salary tied up between Deng and Clarkson this summer. But I don't expect them to pull another Russell style trade, either, unless it's with Randle.

Clarkson has two more years at about 11 mill on his deal. He is not expiring this summer or next which I think they would be fine with trading him if they could get less money back(aka some mix of expiring/lesser money deals and/or medium to low level young prospects/lower draft picks. The Lakers and their fans seem intent on going after some serious free agents this summer or at least next summer. That means cap space. As I said I agree that Clarkson doesn't have a whole lot of value(he had more when he was on his rookie deal) due to the contract that he has now. And Yeah LA isn't going to want to take on more money but they are already still having to give up 30 mill to both Clarkson and Deng for the next two years. I think they would jump at the chance to shed some payroll especially if there any interest in those two. They probably don't include much to give up Clarkson. Though I think they could give up something similar to the Russel to get an expiring deal like they got in Brook Lopez if it were Deng as that is a much bigger salary and Deng brings less less to the plate then Clarkson does. What is questionable. You have to remember that Russell didn't have that much value at the time of the trade. He hadn't played all that well yet, plus their were character/locker room trouble, and they had a big time PG coming in through the draft so he was expendable. He still had promise but that was far from certainty at that point. So while I don't think they would consider trading Ball, Kuzma and to a little lesser extent Ingram to pretty much erase Deng from their cap I think they would definitely consider any of their other young talent.

That said I don't have any interest in taking Deng off their hands for anything else on their roster outside of those three I mentioned. They can't trade much in the way of their picks. And we don't have an expiring deal nor do we have all that much in total of all of our expirings that could get close to what would be needed to satisfy league rules in that the money traded out has to be similar to what is brought in. So no the money doesn't work very well so I don't see us making a trade with LA and I hope we don't unless we can get something which I don't think will happen.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#431 » by CourtsideTV » Sun Jan 7, 2018 12:15 pm

we never had a PURE rebuild. It was all about win now/ get pieces to help us make the playoffs right away even if it was a terrible fit for the team mentality. I like Nik and he will be good on a team with a legit go to scorer than can consistently drop 25ppg and draw double teams. Evan is NOT that. Or the other option is on a team that has a PG who can actually MAKE jump shots and 3 pointers. Unfortunately we are lacking both of these types of players so we have guys like Nik/Gordon having to carry the offensive load and sometimes force bad shots. I don't think we need to get rid of evan/vuc. we need to get an actual PG and send elfrid to the bench. He's good for 25 minutes off the bench for a second unit that has a lot of shooters.
Work Hard
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#432 » by T-Cat » Mon Jan 8, 2018 6:13 am

Boston and Orlando trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yar38hw6

We also trade 2019 1st round unprotected pick and 2020 OKC 1st round pick to the Celtics for 2018 Celtics pick via Lakers (If #1 pick goes to 76ers)!

What's so enticing about this trade for Boston is they get an opportunity to sign DeAndre Jordon this summer, while possibly use Vucevic and Simmons to create more assets around draft time!

Here's a breakdown on the LA pick in 2018:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2017/9/10/16285640/the-celtics-still-have-several-future-draft-picks-nets-lakers-kings-sixers-clippers-grizzlies
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#433 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 8, 2018 1:00 pm

T-Cat wrote:Boston and Orlando trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yar38hw6

We also trade 2019 1st round unprotected pick and 2020 OKC 1st round pick to the Celtics for 2018 Celtics pick via Lakers (If #1 pick goes to 76ers)!

What's so enticing about this trade for Boston is they get an opportunity to sign DeAndre Jordon this summer, while possibly use Vucevic and Simmons to create more assets around draft time!

Here's a breakdown on the LA pick in 2018:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2017/9/10/16285640/the-celtics-still-have-several-future-draft-picks-nets-lakers-kings-sixers-clippers-grizzlies

ugh. sorry, but that is pretty bad for Orlando. and I'm not sure Boston wants to sign Jordan and his massive deal he will want.

Return to Orlando Magic