ImageImageImageImage

OT: Music, Movies, TV, Media Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Re: OT: Music, Movies, TV, Media Thread 

Post#21 » by PennytoShaq » Mon Jan 1, 2018 4:09 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:I enjoyed the Song of Ice and Fire books much more than the Game of Thrones show but the world he creates is so spread out and detailed that you can’t expect a TV show to capture everything. With that in mind I do enjoy the show but encourage anyone who watches to read the books.

It’s hard to come home from work and watch a lot of serious drama. I need something that doesn’t require a lot of attention. So I have mainly been binging a lot of old stupid sitcom comedies that I never watched when I was young. Most recently I watched Sports Night on Hulu and 3rd Rock From the Sun on Amazon Prime.

Sports Night ended WAAAAYY too soon but it’s end gave way to The West Wing. So I can’t complain.

3rd Rock is soooo stupid but it does get enough good laughs out of me to keep me watching when I just need to relax.

I've been taking it way back now and then and watching 3's company reruns. God, that show was amazing, in such a silly way. I can't imagine it ever being green-lighted anymore. Makes it even better.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#22 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 12:10 pm

i'm watching GOT ,spent New Year in city where part of the show was filmed ( Dubrovnik). Quality of a show went downhill last season. Danny and Jon love story is awful to me.

I feel same for Walking dead tv show. I'm only watching because i spent last 6 years watching it.

New movies are 99% of CGI, 1% of acting. Hated new Star Wars, dumbed down for audience and pandering to SJW
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#23 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:20 pm

Walking dead is soooooooo bad, the writers of that show need a dose of reality-wish everyone would stop watching it.
Recently got into Black Mirror on Netflix, very thought provoking and different.
TreasureCoast
Analyst

Post#24 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:22 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:Nobody is talking about music.

Well what are you listening to, Nem? :wink:

Well I listen to almost anything, except country. If you don't know about them, you should check out Dirty Heads and RDGLDGRN.

Been hooked on Iration and the latest 311 album Mosaic (best since Transitor)
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#25 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:29 pm

TreasureCoast wrote:Walking dead is soooooooo bad, the writers of that show need a dose of reality-wish everyone would stop watching it.
Recently got into Black Mirror on Netflix, very thought provoking and different.

I just can’t do I anymore. I watched every episode until this season. I tried this season. I really did. I just can’t do it.

The first couple seasons held my interest but it just keeps getting worse. The show is dead.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#26 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:31 pm

TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
Well what are you listening to, Nem? :wink:

Well I listen to almost anything, except country. If you don't know about them, you should check out Dirty Heads and RDGLDGRN.

Hell yeah man! Love both bands. I'm a die hard 311 fan though. Their last two albums have been fire, since getting back with producer Scotch Ralston(Transistor and Soundsystem). I've seen them 40 times, in 5 states, 3 of their 5 Caribbean Cruises, two 311 Days and 1 camping Pow Wow(at Suwannee in Live Oak), since 2003.
I'm going to see them twice at 311 Day Vegas in March and twice in Denver in April.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#27 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 3, 2018 2:56 pm

I am a musician and music freak who goes through tons of music each week.

Anyways, for rap, I got the new Ghosteface and was somewhat disappointed. Too much boring experimentation and too little songs that retain in my brain. But, their new song Mercury just blasts and destroys in my Trucks system. I also really dig the band $uicideboy$ a great deal. Probably my most goto for Rap outside of old 8Ball & MJG or old Mobb Deep.

New Gruntruck after almost 20 years is pretty good. They were out about the same time Alice in Chains came out of Seattle and toured the early days with them. I am a huge AIC fan and this album has that old Seattle vibe to it.

As far as extreme metal, I am disappointed in the new Morbid Angel album mainly due to the bad production. And, I even told Trey (Guitarist) how much I didn't like his last album he produced as the guitars are mixed way too low in the mix. But, I dig the new SepticFlesh. Extreme brutal metal but the band has the Polish Philharmonic Orchestra play on the entire album to give it that epic feel.

Other than all that, I dig alot of Reggae and am big into Slightly Stoopid and Groundation. Groundation is my favorite Reggae artist of all time. I dig about all their stuff. Great musicians.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#28 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:20 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I am a musician and music freak who goes through tons of music each week.

Anyways, for rap, I got the new Ghosteface and was somewhat disappointed. Too much boring experimentation and too little songs that retain in my brain. But, their new song Mercury just blasts and destroys in my Trucks system. I also really dig the band $uicideboy$ a great deal. Probably my most goto for Rap outside of old 8Ball & MJG or old Mobb Deep.

New Gruntruck after almost 20 years is pretty good. They were out about the same time Alice in Chains came out of Seattle and toured the early days with them. I am a huge AIC fan and this album has that old Seattle vibe to it.

As far as extreme metal, I am disappointed in the new Morbid Angel album mainly due to the bad production. And, I even told Trey (Guitarist) how much I didn't like his last album he produced as the guitars are mixed way too low in the mix. But, I dig the new SepticFlesh. Extreme brutal metal but the band has the Polish Philharmonic Orchestra play on the entire album to give it that epic feel.

Other than all that, I dig alot of Reggae and am big into Slightly Stoopid and Groundation. Groundation is my favorite Reggae artist of all time. I dig about all their stuff. Great musicians.

Have you checked out RDGLDGRN?

[/youtube]

Rock/hip hop band, from DC/Virginia area. They didn't have a drummer when they wrote their first album, somehow got hooked up with Dave Grohl(also from DC/Virginia area) to drum on one of their songs. After they recorded that song, he said well while my equipment is out, how about I drum the entire album. So he did. They have a drummer now though. They have also worked with Pharrell and Method Man.
They have toured with 311, Dirty Heads, SOJA, The Expendables and Lettuce. I have hung out with them after shows, and became friends with them during both 311 cruises they were on.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#29 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:25 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I am a musician and music freak who goes through tons of music each week.

[/youtube]

Rock/hip hop band, from DC/Virginia area. They didn't have a drummer when they wrote their first album, somehow got hooked up with Dave Grohl(also from DC/Virginia area) to drum on one of their songs. After they recorded that song, he said well while my equipment is out, how about I drum the entire album. So he did. They have a drummer now though. They have also worked with Pharrell and Method Man.
They have toured with 311, Dirty Heads, SOJA, The Expendables and Lettuce. I have hung out with them after shows, and became friends with them during both 311 cruises they were on.

Sweet. Seem like cool cats. I dig their music and also like SOJA and Expendables especially their Bowl for 2 song. That one is epic.

Also, I am a huge fan of Seeed:

And, my one of my favorite Reggae songs all time. Not that I party much anymore, but just a damned great tune.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#30 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

[/youtube]

Sweet. Seem like cool cats. I dig their music and also like SOJA and Expendables especially their Bowl for 2 song. That one is epic.

Yeah RDGLDGRN are really good guys, they've got me backstage a few times.

On the last 311 cruise, last March to Cozumel. GRN from RDGLDGRN and comedian Doug Benson showed up at my room at 2am(don't worry we don't sleep much on these cruises lol 8-) ) to hangout. I was in a family suite room with some friends. So we said hell yeah and they both hungout for awhile.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#31 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:37 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

[/youtube]

On the last 311 cruise, last March to Cozumel. GRN from RDGLDGRN and comedian Doug Benson showed up at my room at 2am(don't worry we don't sleep much on these cruises lol 8-) ) to hangout. I was in a family suite room with some friends. So we said hell yeah and they both hungout for awhile.

That kicks ass. I don't know personally any big name acts, just in passing. Mostly in the Blues, MoTown and Classic rock genre. My mother was a Jazz n Blues singer who has met most including Prince, Joan Jett, Bob Seger and many others. Me, I met many in passing but just to shake hands and tell them to keep up the good work, lol. My claim to fame is having Cannibal Corpse over my warehouse and them playing unreleased tunes they were working on for new album on my instruments, LOL!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#32 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 3:59 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

That kicks ass. I don't know personally any big name acts, just in passing. Mostly in the Blues, MoTown and Classic rock genre. My mother was a Jazz n Blues singer who has met most including Prince, Joan Jett, Bob Seger and many others. Me, I met many in passing but just to shake hands and tell them to keep up the good work, lol. My claim to fame is having Cannibal Corpse over my warehouse and them playing unreleased tunes they were working on for new album on my instruments, LOL!

Sick!
TreasureCoast
Analyst

Post#33 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:36 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Hell yeah man! Love both bands. I'm a die hard 311 fan though. Their last two albums have been fire, since getting back with producer Scotch Ralston(Transistor and Soundsystem). I've seen them 40 times, in 5 states, 3 of their 5 Caribbean Cruises, two 311 Days and 1 camping Pow Wow(at Suwannee in Live Oak), since 2003.
I'm going to see them twice at 311 Day Vegas in March and twice in Denver in April.

Wow dude! I've seen them 4 or 5 times and each show was excellent! Would love to do their cruise- I think they are skipping 2018 right?
My fav 311 tune is from their most hated album lol- "Too much too fast" from Uplifter. I'd put 2 songs from Mosaic in their top 5 (Face in the wind is a freaking masterpiece!)
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#34 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:57 pm

TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:Been hooked on Iration and the latest 311 album Mosaic (best since Transitor)

Wow dude! I've seen them 4 or 5 times and each show was excellent! Would love to do their cruise- I think they are skipping 2018 right?
My fav 311 tune is from their most hated album lol- "Too much too fast" from Uplifter. I'd put 2 songs from Mosaic in their top 5 (Face in the wind is a freaking masterpiece!)

Lol told you I'm a die hard. They are great live too, one of the reasons I keep going. Well technically the cruise this past March was the last. They signed a 5 cruise contract with Sixthman, and that was the 5th cruise. (super expensive FYI, but worth it. looking at at least 2300 including spending money) They may do more cruises in the future and are cutting back some for a bit. They all have kids now. They are going to focus on touring, putting out music and 311 Day for now. We are still hoping they do a Pow Wow 2, at the first one Nick said welcome to the first annual Pow Wow. That was in 2011, they haven't done another yet. :(

Also they have 2 beers out, the second one was released in November in Tampa. Rock brothers brewing is who did both beers. They have an ale called Amber ale and the new on is called Beautiful Disaster IPA and is 11.3%. I went to the release on Nov 4th and they played a show after with Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and Orlando's The Supervillains. That was show #40 for me.

They also have some THC pens called Uplifter.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#35 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 3, 2018 5:53 pm

TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:Been hooked on Iration and the latest 311 album Mosaic (best since Transitor)

311 does one of my favorite songs all time: Creatures (For A While)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#36 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 6:01 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

311 does one of my favorite songs all time: Creatures (For A While)

I might have had to slap you, if you said Amber. I have a few favorites, What Was I Thinking at the top of the list. When I was on Fackbook and through out the 311 Familia FB group, I'm known as Tony What Was I Thinking. I get texts, calls or people come up to me when the play it. Bro they played your song, made me think of you. :lol:
TreasureCoast
Analyst

Post#37 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Jan 3, 2018 9:46 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Lol told you I'm a die hard. They are great live too, one of the reasons I keep going. Well technically the cruise this past March was the last. They signed a 5 cruise contract with Sixthman, and that was the 5th cruise. (super expensive FYI, but worth it. looking at at least 2300 including spending money) They may do more cruises in the future and are cutting back some for a bit. They all have kids now. They are going to focus on touring, putting out music and 311 Day for now. We are still hoping they do a Pow Wow 2, at the first one Nick said welcome to the first annual Pow Wow. That was in 2011, they haven't done another yet. :(

Also they have 2 beers out, the second one was released in November in Tampa. Rock brothers brewing is who did both beers. They have an ale called Amber ale and the new on is called Beautiful Disaster IPA and is 11.3%. I went to the release on Nov 4th and they played a show after with Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and Orlando's The Supervillains. That was show #40 for me.

They also have some THC pens called Uplifter.

Yep been meaning to order some of their beer, I thought it was Cigar City they worked with-they have some great brews.
As long as Scotch Ralston (6th man) is working with them the future is bright for 311. 27 years in and they are at the top of their game imo.
CalOrl11
Pro Prospect
And1: 446

Post#38 » by CalOrl11 » Wed Jan 3, 2018 11:19 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
TreasureCoast wrote:Walking dead is soooooooo bad, the writers of that show need a dose of reality-wish everyone would stop watching it.

I just can’t do I anymore. I watched every episode until this season. I tried this season. I really did. I just can’t do it.

The first couple seasons held my interest but it just keeps getting worse. The show is dead.

The first 4 seasons of The Walking Dead were great but since they focused more on humans vs humans rather than vs zombies I just couldn't watch it anymore. I watched the first episode of season 8 and didn't watch anymore.

Spoiler:
HE COULD OF SHOT NEGAN RIGHT THERE FFS :banghead:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#39 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 4, 2018 2:14 am

CalOrl11 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

The first 4 seasons of The Walking Dead were great but since they focused more on humans vs humans rather than vs zombies I just couldn't watch it anymore. I watched the first episode of season 8 and didn't watch anymore.

Spoiler:
HE COULD OF SHOT NEGAN RIGHT THERE FFS :banghead:

If ya'll like Zombie movies, check out "Train to Busan" on Netflix. It is in Korean with subtitles and I didn't know that when I started watching it because of all the great reviews. I started watching anyways and realized it was going to be an epic Zombie flick. Ended up being as good as if not better than World War Z. I am not kidding. It was that awesome.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

OT: Music, Movies, TV, Media Thread 

Post#40 » by Gomagic44 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:20 am

I’m really appreciating this thread!

For reggae I also love

Sticky fingers: How to fly

Stick figure: choice is yours(featuring slightly stoopid), weight of sound and coming home.

10 ft ganja plant: so much confusion (dub)

Metal: soul fly has a few I love. Jump the **** up is my favorite.

I’ve actually taken a love for Hispanic music as I’ve worked in a kitchen for about 2 years and I hear their music a lot.

My favorites are Juan Luis Guerra (el niagara de bicycleta), joe arroyo (el revelucion) and fruko y sus tesos (el preso 2000)

Acoustic alchemy has always been a love of mine. I grew up listening to them with my dad. Had the pleasure of seeing them in town a few years back with him. Nearly the entire album (reference point) is so chill.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Orlando Magic