ImageImageImageImage

OT: Music, Movies, TV, Media Thread

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,466

Re: OT: Music, Movies, TV, Media Thread 

Post#61 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:34 am

MrTwister wrote:Speaking of Netflix, you should check mini-series The end of the f-ing world, i binged it for about 3-4 hours, found it interesting. Premise is kinda weird but if you are into it, its ok.

I've watched the first episode. Yes, definitely weird, but easy to watch, and short episodes, so I'll probably continue.
prizm
Junior
And1: 265

Post#62 » by prizm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#63 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 pm

SOUL wrote:I'm watching "The Frozen Dead" on Netflix (French) now. Almost on the final episode. Really enjoy it so far, but I think the final episode will have a lot more sway of my opinion on the show than a lot of stuff I've watched recently since there's only 6 episodes.

I started watching it off your recommendation. Iā€™m 2 eps in and digging it so far.

I find a lot of shows lately have really bad titles and posters that donā€™t appeal to me, so I only watch them after hearing reviews like yours. This was one of them. Manhunt: Unabomber was the other I watched recently, which I thought was much better than the beige title suggested. Was interesting for me because I didnā€™t know the backstory to it all.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#64 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 pm

prizm wrote:

Great album but I was a bigger fan of "Blood, Fire, Death" as that album started the whole BM genre.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#65 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Bensational wrote:
SOUL wrote:I'm watching "The Frozen Dead" on Netflix (French) now. Almost on the final episode. Really enjoy it so far, but I think the final episode will have a lot more sway of my opinion on the show than a lot of stuff I've watched recently since there's only 6 episodes.

I started watching it off your recommendation. Iā€™m 2 eps in and digging it so far.

I find a lot of shows lately have really bad titles and posters that donā€™t appeal to me, so I only watch them after hearing reviews like yours. This was one of them. Manhunt: Unabomber was the other I watched recently, which I thought was much better than the beige title suggested. Was interesting for me because I didnā€™t know the backstory to it all.

Manhunt Unabomber was great. Forget if I mentioned that one earlier.

Another one - El Chapo. The second season came out and I will be dialing that up quite soon. Loved the first one.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#66 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MrTwister wrote:Speaking of Netflix, you should check mini-series The end of the f-ing world, i binged it for about 3-4 hours, found it interesting. Premise is kinda weird but if you are into it, its ok.

I've watched the first episode. Yes, definitely weird, but easy to watch, and short episodes, so I'll probably continue.

I just watched the first episode due to this conversation here.

WTF did I just watch!!!!?????

But I kinda like it. I'll keep watching. Thanks for the suggestion.
prizm
Junior

Post#67 » by prizm » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
prizm wrote:

Great album but I was a bigger fan of "Blood, Fire, Death" as that album started the whole BM genre.

Lol, never thought I'd see another bm fan up in here...

I posted twilight of the gods because it's more tolerable to people who never heard this type of music...

Dude, blood fire death is my fav bathory album... that was basically his end album of making bm and moved on to "Viking metal" with the next one hammerheart...

Imo, his self titled '84 album is what started the bm genre..along with tom g warriors, hellhammer...bathory's first three albums are def pure bm... the fourth one, blood fire death, you can tell that he was heading towards another direction...

Good to know there's another bm fan in here :D
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#68 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 am

So glad this thread is back. Hooked on Mindhunter and Big Mouth on Netflix at the moment.

And just a friendly reminder, if you run out of other stuff to watch, a movie I co-wrote and produced is currently in Redbox. It's a horror/psychological thriller called Camera Obscura. Think Jacob's Ladder meets Final Destination.
prizm
Junior

Post#69 » by prizm » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I just watched the first episode due to this conversation here.

WTF did I just watch!!!!?????

But I kinda like it. I'll keep watching. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm gonna have to check this show out... now I'm curious...
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#70 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 pm

prizm wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
prizm wrote:

I posted twilight of the gods because it's more tolerable to people who never heard this type of music...

Dude, blood fire death is my fav bathory album... that was basically his end album of making bm and moved on to "Viking metal" with the next one hammerheart...

Imo, his self titled '84 album is what started the bm genre..along with tom g warriors, hellhammer...bathory's first three albums are def pure bm... the fourth one, blood fire death, you can tell that he was heading towards another direction...

I remember all that. I am not a huge BM fan, but my favorites nowadays are Immortal (best for me all time), Melechesh and I know, Satyricon. At the Heat of Winter is an epic album for Immortal fans. But for me, the EP "In the sign of Evil" by Sodom (1984) has some of the earliest BM roots to me even though it had more low end bassy sound. Honorable mention is Venom's "At War with Satan." Haha. Of course, I dig early Darkthrone even their first album Soulside Journey. As a Music freak I do check out the new stuff coming out like Urgehal, Herder and got the new Watain. But, I am also into Blues, Rock, Reggae, Grunge, Country, Rap, DM and a slew of other genres.

It is not about the lyrics, fellow RealGMers, it is about stretching the boundaries of music.

I have written, recorded or produced about all styles of music outside of Reggae and Gospel which I have ideas to put down on someday.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#71 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Bensational wrote:

So I finished it yesterday.

Spoiler:
Overall, I liked it. The ending was one of those disappointing "wait, what?!" moments. And there were a bunch of times when Martin looked like the most physically incompetent police officer ever. Someone needs to teach that guy how to use a gun!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#72 » by SOUL » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Bensational wrote:
Bensational wrote:

So I finished it yesterday.

Spoiler:
Overall, I liked it. The ending was one of those disappointing "wait, what?!" moments. And there were a bunch of times when Martin looked like the most physically incompetent police officer ever. Someone needs to teach that guy how to use a gun!

I thought the same exact thing! I like the overall theme and feel of it, just some of the actual things that happened made me go "uhh...", but yeah. I am interested to see what can happen in general now with that ending.
prizm
Junior

Post#73 » by prizm » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:05 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
prizm wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I remember all that. I am not a huge BM fan, but my favorites nowadays are Immortal (best for me all time), Melechesh and I know, Satyricon. At the Heat of Winter is an epic album for Immortal fans. But for me, the EP "In the sign of Evil" by Sodom (1984) has some of the earliest BM roots to me even though it had more low end bassy sound. Honorable mention is Venom's "At War with Satan." Haha. Of course, I dig early Darkthrone even their first album Soulside Journey. As a Music freak I do check out the new stuff coming out like Urgehal, Herder and got the new Watain. But, I am also into Blues, Rock, Reggae, Grunge, Country, Rap, DM and a slew of other genres.

It is not about the lyrics, fellow RealGMers, it is about stretching the boundaries of music.

I have written, recorded or produced about all styles of music outside of Reggae and Gospel which I have ideas to put down on someday.

Yea, I pretty much listen to all kinds of music... but my fav is metal...

Early venom, darkthrone, satyricon and sodom stuffs are classics...not really big on immortal but my fav from them is "battles in the north"...

Here's some classic doom metal for y'all...
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#74 » by paperboymafia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Great series.
prizm
Junior

Post#75 » by prizm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:47 pm

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#76 » by SOUL » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:11 pm

The new Nils Frahm album is beautiful.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#77 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Handmaids Tale is good.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
aka: prorl
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#78 » by SOUL » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:37 am

Does anybody have a Nintendo Switch? I'm debating getting one, but want to know how worth it it would be. I don't play console games anymore at all, usually only PC. But I do want something that I can play when I'm not feeling a PC game or out and about or something.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#79 » by KillMonger » Tue Feb 6, 2018 8:11 am

That new cloverfield movie on Netflix..... The way that it dropped on Netflix After the superbowl was really dope, which might change how movies are released. The movie itself however wasn't as good as I was hoping. It plays like an extended episode of black mirror.

Sent from my FS8010 using RealGM mobile app
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#80 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:02 pm

Bensational wrote:
SOUL wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Just realized La Casa de Papel is 13 episodes. Wow, this thing must really go in some crazy places. I am 2 in so far.

Not a big binge watcher, I usually watch a show or two to relax before crashing. So this may take a few weeks to complete. It's really good so far.

Only thing I'll "spoil" (not really a spoiler) is the thing is labled "Part 1", so it's a multiple season thing.

That was probably the only thing I became a bit disappointed in.

Spoiler:
I was so into it, that when I realised there wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion at the end of season 1 I was a bit bummed. I hate the old cliff hanger ending of yesteryear.

I hear the rest is on the web - kind of odd. Wonder when it hits Netflix

Return to Orlando Magic