ImageImageImageImage

Poll: Magician most likely to be traded ?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

What Magician is most likely to be traded ?

Augustin, D. J. / or Mack, Shelvin: scrappy and reasonable contract
No votes
Biyombo, Bismack: bench Center on awful, long-term deal
5%
Fournier, Evan: Top-15 SG on palatable deal
34%
Gordon, Aaron: Emerging as star-capable, with rookie deal near over
No votes
Hezonja, Mario: No rights and is an expiring contract only
17%
Isaac, Jonathan: unknown ability, but on rookie-deal (with upside)
No votes
Payton, Elfrid: top-20 PG on rookie deal near over
7%
Ross, Terrence: injured and a high-value contract next year (but that is expiring then)
No votes
Simmons, Jonathon: useful vet on low-contract with good years
No votes
Vučević, Nikola: top-10 Center on one of the league's best contracts
36%

Total votes: 58

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Re: Poll: Magician most likely to be traded ? 

Post#21 » by drsd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:07 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:Strap in for disappointment.I think they will be kept cause of lowballing offers.Maybe Fournier will find new home cause he is servicable but we will get a bunch of nothing in return imo.

This is why I think Fournier is the most tradeable Magician; what is the market right now???

j-ragg wrote:Lol at top 10 center but I’ll choose Fournier. Moving a big deal like that isn’t easy but I think it’s most likely due to Vuc’s injury.

Vučević is oddly (and not surprisingly) "winning" this poll. I agree that with his current injury there will not be a team urgent to trade for him. But yes by all statistical metrics he is a top-10 Center (and he is currently Orlando's best offensive and defensive player statistically).

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Hmm, a top 10 center + a top 20 PG + a top 15 SG + Aaron Gordon should make us a much better team.

Something's not adding up..

a) A lack of a competent wing near Fournier. b) horrible injuries. c) the team will not be the same after the ASW because of a and b.

drsd
RealGM

Post#22 » by drsd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:08 pm

For Biyombo and Hezonja to be getting any votes means to mean fans are voting with their heart and not their head.

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#23 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:09 pm

drsd wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:Strap in for disappointment.I think they will be kept cause of lowballing offers.Maybe Fournier will find new home cause he is servicable but we will get a bunch of nothing in return imo.

This is why I think Fournier is the most tradeable Magician; what is the market right now???

j-ragg wrote:Lol at top 10 center but I’ll choose Fournier. Moving a big deal like that isn’t easy but I think it’s most likely due to Vuc’s injury.

Vučević is oddly (and not surprisingly) "winning" this poll. I agree that with his current injury there will not be a team urgent to trade for him. But yes by all statistical metrics he is a top-10 Center (and he is currently Orlando's best offensive and defensive player statistically).

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Hmm, a top 10 center + a top 20 PG + a top 15 SG + Aaron Gordon should make us a much better team.

a) A lack of a competent wing near Fournier. b) horrible injuries. c) the team will not be the same after the ASW because of a and b.

Vuc is winning beacuse most of the fanbase wants him gone
seems like people dont answer the question logically they just basicly vote for what they wish to happen
drsd
RealGM

Post#24 » by drsd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:15 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:Vuc is winning beacuse most of the fanbase wants him gone
seems like people dont answer the question logically they just basicly vote for what they wish to happen

As Orlando's unambiguously best player on a steal of a deal, what I can say is that Vučević is the easiest tradeable player. (but that's like saying LBJ is easily tradeable).

Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#25 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:20 pm

drsd wrote:

As Orlando's unambiguously best player on a steal of a deal, what I can say is that Vučević is the easiest tradeable player. (but that's like saying LBJ is easily tradeable).

ask Shadrock we need to add picks to get rid of our best player :wink:
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#26 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:22 pm

thats me already thinking about the return we will get from our trades
so strap in
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#27 » by Tayswagzzz » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:25 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:thats me already thinking about the return we will get from our trades
so strap in

Yeah, it's actually a terrifying thought. Lol
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#28 » by shadrock » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:31 pm

A top 10 center on one of the leagues best contracts hey? :lol:
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by shadrock » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:34 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
drsd wrote:

Not my problem you dont understand how player value works haha.

I mean, we just saw Philly give up assets in order to trade Jahlil Okafor, who is still on a rookie contract and has a lot of potential. The nba has moved on from the big plodders and especially ones who are high usage and cant switch onto other players on D.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#30 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:06 pm

shadrock wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
drsd wrote:

Not my problem you dont understand how player value works haha.

I mean, we just saw Philly give up assets in order to trade Jahlil Okafor, who is still on a rookie contract and has a lot of potential. The nba has moved on from the big plodders and especially ones who are high usage and cant switch onto other players on D.

Philly didnt give up any assets to move Okafor. they had to give up a 2nd to get Brooklyn to take Stauskas in that trade also. Nik isnt an asset at all.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#31 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:12 pm

Voted Vuc but Fournier was a close 2nd.. Think Vuc could be dealt to playoff contender as a bench scorer who won't hurt but won't help much on defense. I feel like Fournier could be dealt come draft day as a team could over value due to an early round exit and need for shooting.

Definitely looks like 1 of these 2 will be gone Feb 8th. whether other players like a Mack or Hez get packaged with will be interesting.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
drsd
RealGM

Post#32 » by drsd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:17 pm

shadrock wrote:Not my problem you dont understand how player value works haha.

So if Orlando sees value in Vučević and no other team does, does that make him "most likely to be traded?"

drsd
RealGM

Post#33 » by drsd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:39 pm

shadrock wrote:I mean, we just saw Philly give up assets in order to trade Jahlil Okafor, who is still on a rookie contract and has a lot of potential. The nba has moved on from the big plodders and especially ones who are high usage and cant switch onto other players on D.

Does Orlando have a player it decided to "move on" from? Yes: Hezoja. But the decisions made make him unlikely to be traded.

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#34 » by SOUL » Mon Jan 8, 2018 10:25 pm

I voted Vuc because I think if he didn't have the hand injury, he was the player most likely to fetch the best return and didn't seem like a Vogel/WeHam sort of guy. But after him, I'd say Fournier, possibly Hezonja, and possibly Biyombo if somebody wants to take on his contract. EP only makes sense if we have a PG coming back in return and again, they'd have an RFA situation on their hands.
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#35 » by fklt » Mon Jan 8, 2018 11:28 pm

the only thing worth noting from that Weltman interview was that he considers tanking in a controlled dose a helpful medicine. which in turn means to me they are planning to make use of these injuries by tanking the year but just this year. So I'm going to try to guess their moves accordingly.

• first, hezonja has the highest chance in every case, since we kinda have to at this point.
  • I say biyombo is safe for the year. he helps the tank by existing and unloading him with assets at least until the summer is wasteful.
  • I think they value fournier and if they are to keep this tank limited as they seem to wish, they will hold on to him. also there will other chances to trade him in the following year with value since he has 2.5 years left in his contract.
  • I think we will trade vuc around the deadline. just around his comeback when his trade value is about to get back up and he is about to start hurting the tank. he is about to become an expiring after this season so this is the time to trade him for maximum return. I don't think we will want to give his next contract after that point which I presume will be much higher.
    My guess is boston, cleveland, and san antonio may want him. we could want picks or project players that won't hurt our tank this year.
  • I don't think this management is sold on elfrid at this point. and If they are to trade him they can't wait until this summer, as the returns for sign and trades are usually underwhelming. if they don't he may be given a harris treatment and could be traded at the next deadline after resigning him this summer.
    if it's this deadline, again I think they'd like an injured player or a pick to not hurt the tank.
    if it's in the next, they'll target a vet but his position will depend on who we pick at this year's draft. If we are able to pick doncic, a shooting off the ball PG could be an upgrade to DJ can make sense.
  • DJ is a trade chip. we could use him if we have the chance.

I see aaron, isaac, ross, simmons, iwundu, mack and birch as the safest guys to turn back for the next season. then fournier following them a little behind.
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#36 » by the_hobo » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:52 am

Trade em all

#TankForTacko
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by shadrock » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:56 am

fklt wrote:the only thing worth noting from that Weltman interview was that he considers tanking in a controlled dose a helpful medicine. which in turn means to me they are planning to make use of these injuries by tanking the year but just this year. So I'm going to try to guess their moves accordingly.

• first, hezonja has the highest chance in every case, since we kinda have to at this point.
  • I say biyombo is safe for the year. he helps the tank by existing and unloading him with assets at least until the summer is wasteful.
  • I think they value fournier and if they are to keep this tank limited as they seem to wish, they will hold on to him. also there will other chances to trade him in the following year with value since he has 2.5 years left in his contract.
  • I think we will trade vuc around the deadline. just around his comeback when his trade value is about to get back up and he is about to start hurting the tank. he is about to become an expiring after this season so this is the time to trade him for maximum return. I don't think we will want to give his next contract after that point which I presume will be much higher.
    My guess is boston, cleveland, and san antonio may want him. we could want picks or project players that won't hurt our tank this year.
  • I don't think this management is sold on elfrid at this point. and If they are to trade him they can't wait until this summer, as the returns for sign and trades are usually underwhelming. if they don't he may be given a harris treatment and could be traded at the next deadline after resigning him this summer.
    if it's this deadline, again I think they'd like an injured player or a pick to not hurt the tank.
    if it's in the next, they'll target a vet but his position will depend on who we pick at this year's draft. If we are able to pick doncic, a shooting off the ball PG could be an upgrade to DJ can make sense.
  • DJ is a trade chip. we could use him if we have the chance.

I see aaron, isaac, ross, simmons, iwundu, mack and birch as the safest guys to turn back for the next season. then fournier following them a little behind.

Great post! The other thing i would comment is that i think it is now pretty clear that there has been a direction from Weham to let AG take more shots, which is the right approach. Quietly impressed with all of this stuff sofar.
drsd
RealGM

Post#38 » by drsd » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:25 am

fklt wrote:I see aaron, isaac, ross, simmons, iwundu, mack and birch as the safest guys to turn back for the next season. then fournier following them a little behind.

Gordon, Isaac, and Simmons I all agree are safe. Gordon has shown enough and Isaac and Simmons are Hammond guys. Iwundu and Birch are a thrown in to a trade, if requested. But one cannot imagine that either would be actively shipped. Mack is an expiring and is actually quite likely to be traded.

To me the safe list is: Gordon, Isaac, Simmons, Ross, and Biyombo. The latter two because the are too expensive.

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,178

Re: RE: Re: Poll: Magician most likely to be traded ? 

Post#39 » by cedric76 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 7:58 am

Basketball is a team sport
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
drsd
RealGM

Post#40 » by drsd » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:01 pm

Well we are starting to see the scope of what the Magic will do. Fournier for Reggie Jackson and Luke Kennard is not an awful trade for the Magic, long term. And short term, it is all about Tanking.

Return to Orlando Magic