ImageImageImageImage

Interesting Stats Per Player

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Interesting Stats Per Player 

Post#1 » by otownflava21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm

I was looking through the stats and decided to make a thread detailing the most interest split statistic that caught my eye per player. I am not going to go through the entire roster here but I'll display my opinionated optimistic/pessimistic split stats.

Aaron Gordon

Gordon is currently averaging 22PPG during home games, while he only averages 16PPG on the road. He also averages 22PPG in wins and 17PPG in losses. A home-game that we win will likely exhibit a 22-point performance from AG. Gordon's 3PA's have been increasing with each passing month.

Evan Fournier

Fournier also shares parallel statistics to AG in point differential when it comes to home vs away and wins vs losses. Fournier has averaged 20PPG in 7 games in October and also in his 7 games in December. However, he only averaged 16PPG in 15 games in November and an abysmal 14PPG in our first 6 games of January 2018.

Nikola Vucevic

Vucevic has been hurt since the tail-end of December, of course. One interesting note is that on Wednesday nights he averages 5% less than any other night (besides 1 game that was played on a Tuesday) on FG%. Vucevic's FG% on a Wednesday is 44% (9 games) and jumps to 55% (9 games) on Saturdays.

Jonathon Simmons

Jonathon has played in 3 NBA seasons and his current FG%, 3PT%, and FT% are nearly completely identical to his career averages. Albeit his overall unit production has drastically increased of course due to his vast increase in minutes this season as opposed to his first 2 seasons.

Eflrid Payton

Elfrid averages his highest FG%, FT%, and PPG on games with 0 days rest. Ironically, Efrid averages his lowest in those categories in games with 3+days rest. To put in perspective, the difference in FT% using that spread is 92% vs 28%.

Terrence Ross

It's hard since T-Ross has only played 22 games. But he averages a high FG% and low 3PT% in losses. And on wins he has been averages a low FG% but a high 3PT%.

DJ Augustin

DJ's per game statistical numbers are actually higher when he plays off the bench this season than during the stretch that he was starting for Elfrid, which was 7 games.

Marreese Speights

Mo averages significantly better numbers offensively on the road thnt what he averages at home. Mo also averages 3 more minutes per game on the road. We all know that Mo Buckets puts up/in a shot almost every minute, so maybe those 3 additional minutes he plays on the road come to play.

Bismack Biyombo

Without surprise Biz's numbers have gone up since Vucevic's injury, but have phenomenally spiked in the 6 games played in January. He is averaging a double-double thus far in the month of January.

Mario Hezonja

Check this out for Super Mario. 27 games as a bench player typically equates to 4pts/2rbs in 13 minutes. Now as a starter he suddenly transforms to a 14PPG/5RPG player with efficient %s of 49FG% and 39% in threes.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Re: Interesting Stats Per Player 

Post#2 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm

nice
thanks for this
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#3 » by OrlandO » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 pm

"Is this anything"
otownflava21
Sixth Man
And1: 103

Post#4 » by otownflava21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm

OrlandO wrote:"Is this anything"

David Steele if you're out there, give me a shoutout before you use any of my findings ;)
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#5 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Don't count on it. He's been stealing tidbits I dig up on scrub Magic Killers for years.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#6 » by fendilim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:13 am

Interesting stat
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#7 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 am

OrlandO wrote:"Is this anything"

I was going to post this :lol:

And yes this is something, nice digging OP.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
fendilim
RealGM

Post#8 » by fendilim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:36 am

Read on Twitter
nicolcm
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#9 » by nicolcm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

fendilim wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, the magic have only won one game since then. Is there a connection?
fendilim
RealGM

Post#10 » by fendilim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 pm

nicolcm wrote:
fendilim wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unfortunately, the magic have only won one game since then. Is there a connection?

Yes, these stats mean nothing just like the stats put up by the other players during those games. ;)
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#11 » by NBlue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm

This year Evan is averaging a PER of 15.3. It's a career high for him. His average is 13.4 over his career.

Payton's career PER is 15.3. He is having a career year this year at 17.6 and last year he was at 17.2.

Dipo has a PER of 24.1 this year. His PER in his final magic season was 16.7 which is well, well above any number that Fournier has even dreamed of. Fournier isn't a bad dude -- but he is a terribly inefficient basketball player and always has been.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,285

Post#12 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 pm

DJ Augustin : 53% FG , 47,6% for 3 in wins on 68% TS, compared to 39% FG, 37% for 3 and 56% TS in Ls. His offensive rating in wins is 130, in Ls 104, defensive rating in wins 102, in Ls 119.

About his defense, it’s hard to express how much he sucks . Having 122 defensive rating in January isn’t even his worst month this season.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#13 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:22 pm

NBlue wrote:This year Evan is averaging a PER of 15.3. It's a career high for him. His average is 13.4 over his career.

Payton's career PER is 15.3. He is having a career year this year at 17.6 and last year he was at 17.2.

Dipo has a PER of 24.1 this year. His PER in his final magic season was 16.7 which is well, well above any number that Fournier has even dreamed of. Fournier isn't a bad dude -- but he is a terribly inefficient basketball player and always has been.

yet hes top 20 SF's in NBA in Efficiency.. its ok to say you don't like him but to say he's terribly inefficient is not the case.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#14 » by j-ragg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:28 pm

NBlue wrote:but he is a terribly inefficient basketball player and always has been.

Career TS% of 56, this year at .577. Not sure what you mean by efficient, but in terms of scoring, he's always been pretty efficient. He just doesn't do much outside of scoring to boost his PER.

I don't like Fournier much but you're criticizing the one thing that he's pretty good at.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#15 » by NBlue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:27 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
NBlue wrote:This year Evan is averaging a PER of 15.3. It's a career high for him. His average is 13.4 over his career.

yet hes top 20 SF's in NBA in Efficiency.. its ok to say you don't like him but to say he's terribly inefficient is not the case.

You are talking shooting efficiency. And, he's actually #23 on that list fwiw: http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sf/sort/trueShootingPct - and I don't see how that is a positive if you are touting the best skill he has at 17M per year and he is no better than Top 20 in the NBA at that measure. Ouch.

I'm talking about overall player efficiency which obviously includes more than just shooting. Here is your explanation: http://www.espn.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&id=2850240

Evan is not very good when judged by that measure. When judged by TS% he is, i guess, average.

Return to Orlando Magic