ImageImageImageImage

Elfrid Appreciation Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,999

Re: Elfrid Appreciation Thread 

Post#101 » by p0peye » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

purpleswordfish wrote:Multiple videos out there showing the hair blocking his shot, impairing his vision, etc. but no hair cut while in Orlando. He's a free agent looking for a deal and all of a sudden, there's a need to cut the hair. Kudos to him for realizing that he needs to cut the hair before it's too late. But, he really screwed over the organization that spent two first round draft picks to acquire him.

I don't think anyone is going to throw a contract of any worth his way, but if they do, they need to put in a hair clause. The minute he gets any sort of a payday, that hair will be coming back and he'll go back to caring about image more than basketball.

Who tf cares about damn hair, that was a symptom of a more serious problem.

Dude is a) unprofessional and b) doesn't care.

We watched his lackadaisical performances for years. After having Jameer and Skiles, who btw had a fight with freaking Shaq during a PRACTICE, we sold our future on this guy.

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#102 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Finally found a pic of EP after the haircut

:lol:
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#103 » by WeAreVenom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:59 pm

It really is kinda mind blowing that you can already have not-so-great offense and then choose a hairstyle that further impairs it.

Furthermore, I believe he is the only player in the league with one like that....he was damning himself. This summer might suck for him.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#104 » by Furinkazan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:It really is kinda mind blowing that you can already have not-so-great offense and then choose a hairstyle that further impairs it.

Furthermore, I believe he is the only player in the league with one like that....he was damning himself. This summer might suck for him.

yeah but if so it will be well deserved
he did that to himself and refused to let it go till it was too late
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#105 » by fendilim » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:56 pm

With or without haircut, he still sucks.

If you look at what Rubio and Rondo has done in the playoffs (both comparable considering that they really arent great shooters), and compare them to Elf... elf is just nowhere close. He cant’t dictate the game nor has he shown that kind of
Motor or grit that compensates for his lack of shooting. Rubio and Rondo, both not really great shooters, are simply elite playmakers.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,999

Post#106 » by p0peye » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 pm

fendilim wrote:With or without haircut, he still sucks.

If you look at what Rubio and Rondo has done in the playoffs (both comparable considering that they really arent great shooters), and compare them to Elf... elf is just nowhere close. He cant’t dictate the game nor has he shown that kind of
Motor or grit that compensates for his lack of shooting. Rubio and Rondo, both not really great shooters, are simply elite playmakers.

And that's ignoring their impact on defense.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#107 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 am

Rubio,despite sucking at shooting much more than Payton, was always one of best guard defenders.
Rondo can be good defender when he is mentally locked.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,777

Post#108 » by Audi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:31 am

If you look at what Rubio and Rondo has done in the playoffs (both comparable considering that they really arent great shooters), and compare them to Elf... elf is just nowhere close.

31 yr old champion vet and a 27 yr old elite passer and defender who was playing euro ball at age 14

VS

24 yr old who has spent his career thus far playing for...7(?) coaches on two of the bigggest dumpster fires in recent league existence

I mean...is it really even fair to compare?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#109 » by Furinkazan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:30 am

yeah thats also truth but being unprofessional about it certainly didnt help his case
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#110 » by fklt » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Audi wrote:

If you look at what Rubio and Rondo has done in the playoffs (both comparable considering that they really arent great shooters), and compare them to Elf... elf is just nowhere close.

31 yr old champion vet and a 27 yr old elite passer and defender who was playing euro ball at age 14

VS

24 yr old who has spent his career thus far playing for...7(?) coaches on two of the bigggest dumpster fires in recent league existence

how could those guys basically being better be an excuse for elfrid? and his play style usually feeds of from team being dumpsterfire, as we have seen time and again that he is a ghost in any situation resembling seriousness. it just seems like he even lost that part of his game for some reason. probably depression.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#111 » by WeAreVenom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:50 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
WeAreVenom wrote:It really is kinda mind blowing that you can already have not-so-great offense and then choose a hairstyle that further impairs it.

yeah but if so it will be well deserved
he did that to himself and refused to let it go till it was too late

True....I really can't understand it though. I mean, you have to know you're career is on the line..I know he's young but damn.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#112 » by OrlandO » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Audi wrote:

VS

Rubio and Rondo were better passers/defenders at 21-22 yrs old. At what point will it be "fair" to compare Payton to them?
fendilim
RealGM

Post#113 » by fendilim » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Audi wrote:

VS

Rondo was among the best players on a team with 3 future hall of famers. You can say that the big 3 made him look good, but why did he standout among the other players on that team?

The difference with Rubio and Rondo compared the Elfrid, is they are elite at something, that's why they've had success running a team. Elfrid is elite at... ?
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#114 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 pm

fendilim wrote:
Audi wrote:

VS

Rondo was among the best players on a team with 3 future hall of famers. You can say that the big 3 made him look good, but why did he standout among the other players on that team?

The difference with Rubio and Rondo compared the Elfrid, is they are elite at something, that's why they've had success running a team. Elfrid is elite at... ?

Disruptive hairstyles?
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#115 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:48 pm

fendilim wrote:
Audi wrote:

VS

Elfrid is an elite tank commander
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,777

Post#116 » by Audi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:22 pm

fklt wrote:
Audi wrote:

VS

how could those guys basically being better be an excuse for elfrid? and his play style usually feeds of from team being dumpsterfire, as we have seen time and again that he is a ghost in any situation resembling seriousness. it just seems like he even lost that part of his game for some reason. probably depression.

It isn’t about excusing Elfrid. Just seems like it’s a random and weird comparison to make. Akin to saying “If you look at what Lebron has done in the playoffs (comparable because he’s a good dunker) and compare him to AG...AG is just nowhere close.”

Point being - what’s the use in comparing an elite defending PG and a champion PG to Elfrid (with or without hair), based on the fact that the one thing tying them together is lack of shooting? You could just as easily compare Elf with the likes of Wall, Westbrook, Curry etc. because the common bond there is lack of good defense, but that comparison would be just as obvious in conclusion (elf sucks in comparison) and pointless as the Rubio/Rondo comp.

I mean...has anyone ever actually placed Elf in the Rubio/Rondo tier to begin with?

Seems to me it was always about potential with him, potential he has shown glimpses of but hasn’t lived up to.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#117 » by Skin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Stop disappointing me with bouncing this thread to the top of the forum.

It's making me want to check to see if someone posted a pic of him with his new haircut. :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 847

Post#118 » by axl_c_cool » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Skin wrote:Stop disappointing me with bouncing this thread to the top of the forum.

It's making me want to check to see if someone posted a pic of him with his new haircut. :lol:

Same, don't think we'll see it until the summer or training camp though
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,022

Post#119 » by Driguez » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:20 pm

SOUL wrote:
Driguez wrote:I really want to know why there is an Elfrid appreciation thread on our board. Get over it. He's no longer a Magician. *warning incoming* LID

Why wouldn't there be? There's been one for every player here.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. At this point this should be buried he hasn't been on the team for quite some time now. He's not a magician any longer. But whatever I can live with seeing this thread bumped constantly, and apparently he cut his hair now so his before/after stats will get posted and whatnot. Not a big deal I'll just skip right over it if I need be.
"We all we got"- SVG
fendilim
RealGM

Post#120 » by fendilim » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm

lol at his hair making him suck. Even as a rookie, was never a good shooter to begin with, although he actually improved finishing around the rim, while his hair got longer. Maybe his hair was keeping defenders off from blocking his shot?

Return to Orlando Magic