ImageImageImageImage

Elfrid Appreciation Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Re: Elfrid Appreciation Thread 

Post#121 » by Revived » Fri May 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Skin wrote:It's making me want to check to see if someone posted a pic of him with his new haircut. :lol:

Here ya go

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#122 » by Skin » Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Revived wrote:
Skin wrote:It's making me want to check to see if someone posted a pic of him with his new haircut. :lol:

Here ya go

WTF? He has eyes??? :o :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#123 » by Skin » Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Why he wearing Magic gear???

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Re: RE: Re: Elfrid Appreciation Thread 

Post#124 » by rusoopE » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 am

Skin wrote:Why he wearing Magic gear???

Its easy, we gonna sign him to a max contract. We won a second rounder and avoid those late march triple doubles for tanking porpouses. Man i love our FO

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#125 » by fendilim » Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Bust.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#126 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue May 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Revived wrote:

Here ya go

Finally looks like a damn adult

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#127 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue May 22, 2018 6:25 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:Finally found a pic of EP after the haircut

:lol:

I made that comp years ago and got flamed for it...you’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#128 » by OrlandoDream » Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Should have cut his hair his rookie year if he gave a damn about succeeding as an NBA pro.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#129 » by fendilim » Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 am

MCW is stil better. Sixers got a Lakers 1st for him, we got the Suns 2nd.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#130 » by fendilim » Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 am

MCW is stil better. Sixers got a Lakers 1st for him, we got the Suns 2nd.
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#131 » by J the Drafter » Wed May 23, 2018 3:43 am

This was the one year where Payton was outright bad. The news about his knee tendinitis makes a lot of sense given his performance. It would seem WeltHam have gambled that Elfrid’s knee will be a long term hindrance to his career, though our FO seem interested in downsizing the roster (declining last season’s 2nd round pick, declining and to pick up Hezonja’s option, trading Payton on the cheap). Well, we’ll see whether or not Elfrid makes some other NBA team very happy.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
fendilim
RealGM

Post#132 » by fendilim » Wed May 23, 2018 3:59 am

J the Drafter wrote:This was the one year where Payton was outright bad. The news about his knee tendinitis makes a lot of sense given his performance. It would seem WeltHam have gambled that Elfrid’s knee will be a long term hindrance to his career, though our FO seem interested in downsizing the roster (declining last season’s 2nd round pick, declining and to pick up Hezonja’s option, trading Payton on the cheap). Well, we’ll see whether or not Elfrid makes some other NBA team very happy.

Elf has most of the time been bad though... not only this season.
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#133 » by J_Magic » Wed May 23, 2018 5:03 am

Do we resign up for a minimum one year deal? Currently, he is not a starting PG in the NBA.
I'm not sure which NBA team is going to offer him a multi year contract. Maybe needs to go to the Celtics - Brad Stevens might be able to open up his game.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#134 » by SOUL » Wed May 23, 2018 5:10 am

fendilim wrote:
J the Drafter wrote:This was the one year where Payton was outright bad. The news about his knee tendinitis makes a lot of sense given his performance. It would seem WeltHam have gambled that Elfrid’s knee will be a long term hindrance to his career, though our FO seem interested in downsizing the roster (declining last season’s 2nd round pick, declining and to pick up Hezonja’s option, trading Payton on the cheap). Well, we’ll see whether or not Elfrid makes some other NBA team very happy.

1st year he was really good (for his spot), 2nd year was about the same but not enough improvement to wow people. 3rd year he lead the team in win shares/most advanced stats that indicate "impact", 4th year people just didn't want to have him on the team anymore even though his numbers and efficiency were way up.

All in all he's been completely average. As you can see in this thread, most people just hate him cause of his hair.. even though he's been a pretty much completely average player on this team. Some of these replies are straight up bully **** which I don't respect, and which is why I've had to close the other thread because people make it WAY too personal instead of just being funny or posting criticism that makes sense.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#135 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 am

SOUL wrote:
fendilim wrote:

1st year he was really good (for his spot), 2nd year was about the same but not enough improvement to wow people. 3rd year he lead the team in win shares/most advanced stats that indicate "impact", 4th year people just didn't want to have him on the team anymore even though his numbers and efficiency were way up.

All in all he's been completely average. As you can see in this thread, most people just hate him cause of his hair.. even though he's been a pretty much completely average player on this team. Some of these replies are straight up bully **** which I don't respect, and which is why I've had to close the other thread because people make it WAY too personal instead of just being funny or posting criticism that makes sense.

During and after year 3 people literally compared him to Klye Lowry , i remember when i lost my mind arguing that Tony Parker ( at age of 22, after winning MVP of finals award) was inferior player compared to Elf.
Than " Elfrid Payton is championship point guard "thread ( or something like that) popped up.
Than somebody wrote mini book how he fall in love with BB because of Payton.

Than for better part of 2017-18 season up until somebody wrote whole article how he is one of worst defenders in nba at PG, people argued that he is good defender and blamed Vučević for everything (along with Ibaka and Biyombo or whoever played C behind him ).

I think that his over a top fans craeted over a top "haters".
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#136 » by drsd » Wed May 23, 2018 9:18 am

OrlandoDream wrote:Should have cut his hair his rookie year if he gave a damn about succeeding as an NBA pro.

His hair his rookie year was not insane:

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#137 » by Knightro » Wed May 23, 2018 1:08 pm

I wish Elfrid well wherever he ends up this summer.

Never hated him like a lot of people did. Hope he continues to improve as a shooter and finds a permanent home.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#138 » by fendilim » Wed May 23, 2018 3:45 pm

SOUL wrote:
fendilim wrote:

To me he was ok as a rookie, perhaps he did well after flying under the radar. But it kinda went downhill from there. he just didn't improve as a point guard, as a playmaker. He improved finishing around the basket, but just not good enough.

If you look at everything that has happened, almost all of the biggest mistakes were because of Elf. Evan over Oladipo because Vic was not a good fit around Elf, Hennigan's love affair for Payton as a starting PG which was contrary to Skiles' POV eventually led to a falling out, Dario and picks over Elf.

Payton was the biggest miss of the past regime.
drsd
RealGM

Post#139 » by drsd » Thu May 24, 2018 11:55 am

fendilim wrote:Payton was the biggest miss of the past regime.

drsd
RealGM

Post#140 » by drsd » Thu May 24, 2018 11:59 am

The funny thing is that the player selected after Nicholson was Fournier. Many here wanted Jared Sullinger.

Return to Orlando Magic