ImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft / Tank Thread 3.0

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: 2018 Draft / Tank Thread 3.0 

Post#841 » by Skin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:49 pm

magicman112 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
Mario_Kasun wrote:anybody know anything about this Anfernee Simons kid? Just saw a Woj tweet about him

I posted him on here a few months ago when they talked about him jumping to the league, he looks good he reminds me of DAngelo Russel. I Thought I read r
recently though he is visiting colleges

ESPN says he's declared. I was like wait a minute how could he but he's a year out from graduating lol.

Now that he's declared, we need to start talking about how to get back into the 1st round. Whether that's Vuc, Fournier...both... somehow we need to get in the 15-20 range and nab this guy. He's too raw to expect anything right away, but our window for making a push isn't opened yet anyways.

He's the only combo PG that I like in this draft other than Young. If we ended up with Bamba and Simons, that's good stuff.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#842 » by Skin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:56 pm

magicman112 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
Mario_Kasun wrote:anybody know anything about this Anfernee Simons kid? Just saw a Woj tweet about him

I posted him on here a few months ago when they talked about him jumping to the league, he looks good he reminds me of DAngelo Russel. I Thought I read r

ESPN says he's declared. I was like wait a minute how could he but he's a year out from graduating lol.

Now that he's declared, we need to start talking about how to get back into the 1st round. Whether that's Vuc, Fournier...both... somehow we need to get in the 15-20 range and nab this guy. He's too raw to expect anything right away, but our window for making a push isn't opened yet anyways.

He's the only other PG option that I like in this draft other than Young. If we ended up with Bamba and Simons, that's good stuff. Also down for drafting Diallo if we move back into Round 1.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#843 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:13 pm

^^^^

I would love that. I wanted it last year with Mitchell and it didn't happen, so I will not get my hopes up again.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#844 » by zaymon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
That is your top 5?

The English language is not capable of presenting how happy I am that you have no actual say in any basketball decisions for the Orlando Magic.

Wow.

Good you are capable writing in english on your own or maybe you have your own editor ? If you want to copy other peoples top 5 feel free, but dont act like a kid when others have their own opinion. I watched all prospects with my own eyes and analyze their skill within current NBA trends. I know mock drafts on all sites have it different but i dont care, i read their arguments and compare to mine.
Safe picks and lack of imagination brought us to this dark place and you are acting just the same.

All mocks on all sites have it different from each other. This is a difficult draft class to gauge as there are quite a few candidates for the top spot based on different skills sets and what differing view points see as valuable.

Everyone has a different and perfectly respectable opinion on the order in which these guys should go with many also throwing in a dark horse candidate to bash the party. You, however, have taken one of those players and erased the rest.

If that is your list then why draft anyone at all? Why not trade the pick for a half eaten bag of peanuts?

Well if nobody from my list is on board when we pick i would propably trade down to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, or Zhaire Smith, but its so early my top 5 could change after workouts. I dont understand the phrase about erasing players, but i really like those 5 players, maybe Miles the least right now, and i think they are worth top 5 pick.
I can be mistaken and you could be right, but if its good for the magic i will buy you a beer when you come to Poland :)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#845 » by Instincts » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Also there is a difference between

a mock draft (the order you predict teams will select)

vs

a personal big board (a personal player ranking)

I know mine differ.

Mock Draft:
1) Ayton
2) Bagley
3) Doncic
4) JJJ
5) Mikal Bridges

Personal Big Board:
1) Ayton
2) JJJ
3) Mikal Bridges
4) Bagley
5) Doncic

Porter drops due to real health concerns.

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
That is your top 5?

The English language is not capable of presenting how happy I am that you have no actual say in any basketball decisions for the Orlando Magic.

Wow.

Good you are capable writing in english on your own or maybe you have your own editor ? If you want to copy other peoples top 5 feel free, but dont act like a kid when others have their own opinion. I watched all prospects with my own eyes and analyze their skill within current NBA trends. I know mock drafts on all sites have it different but i dont care, i read their arguments and compare to mine.
Safe picks and lack of imagination brought us to this dark place and you are acting just the same.

All mocks on all sites have it different from each other. This is a difficult draft class to gauge as there are quite a few candidates for the top spot based on different skills sets and what differing view points see as valuable.

Everyone has a different and perfectly respectable opinion on the order in which these guys should go with many also throwing in a dark horse candidate to bash the party. You, however, have taken one of those players and erased the rest.

If that is your list then why draft anyone at all? Why not trade the pick for a half eaten bag of peanuts?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#846 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Right but as I said, if that is your big board then you are saying that is all you hope to get out of this draft and I ask... why draft at all outside the #1 pick?

Instincts wrote:Also there is a difference
between

vs

I know mine differ.

Mock Draft:
1) Ayton
2) Bagley
3) Doncic
4) JJJ
5) Mikal Bridges

Personal Big Board:
1) Ayton
2) JJJ
3) Mikal Bridges
4) Bagley
5) Doncic

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#847 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:^^^^

I would love that. I wanted it last year with Mitchell and it didn't happen, so I will not get my hopes up again.

Was with you on this one. Isaac and Donovan pick ups for that draft would have been a dream come true. lol
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#848 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Quick questions for those high on JJJ for this draft and possibly the Magic pick.

What role do we think he plays on the team assuming he will be next to AG and Isaac?

Secondly, if he is considered a project (by most scouts he is), what is an semi-accurate timetable for him to be able to put it together as a starter at the next level?
2-4 years?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#849 » by zaymon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Right but as I said, if that is your big board then you are saying that is all you hope to get out of this draft and I ask... why draft at all outside the #1 pick?

Instincts wrote:Also there is a difference
between

vs

I know mine differ.

Mock Draft:
1) Ayton
2) Bagley
3) Doncic
4) JJJ
5) Mikal Bridges

Personal Big Board:
1) Ayton
2) JJJ
3) Mikal Bridges
4) Bagley
5) Doncic

MagicFan101 wrote:

Its only my top 5 not a whole list, but i am certain we will get one of these players. They possess skills i covet right now. If we cant get them i would trade down to my next favourites. I focus on players from our range right now. In the second round i like Brunson, Mykhailiuk.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,789

Post#850 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:We only have a Chance at bagley if we pick top 3

Which hopefully the lotto gods will grant us that blessing. Either way, if we are in the top-3 and I get the leftovers of a Doncic-Ayton-Bagley draft, i'm fine with it.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#851 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Shady Franchise wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:Bagley would have to play center right?

He plays inside as a big man. I mean what is a Center Label means these days? Someone who blocks shots? we have Isaac who does that yet he hounds guys on the perimeter. Someone who can keep up with their man inswitches? AG and Isaac can do that. Someone who rebounds and scores inside is something he does and if that's the Cenfer label then ok.

Yeah. Even the CENTER designation has been taken out of the All-Star balloting right? Isn't it just the FORWARD position?

I dunno.. Is if forward position or big man position?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#852 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:Thats the thing - with Isaac/AG and Bagley, you have 3 guys who can just switch around and pick the best matchups that night.

Like others are saying, it is position-less in that regard.

Before anyone gets confused and says Bagley is my top prospect or anything like that - he is not. But if we are picking at 4 or 5 and he is there, that's a very valuable pick especially if you want to play positionless.

The main critique on him is defense and being too small for C. Ok, cool - let him guard small C's or stretch 4s.

On offense let him do his thing - he takes bigs off the dribble with no problem.

It's obvious that Isaac plays a perimeter based offense. He shoots 3s and keeps the floor spread. That should only get better the more he plays. Bagley could feast in there.

Is it the perfect lineup? Nope. Not at all. I would rather have Doncic or Bridges. But Bagley is a legitimate scorer. One of the best at it in this entire draft. And we need scoring badly.

From a fit perspective only, I like Doncic-Ayton-Bamba-Bridges as my top 4. Those are all really great prospects who could all be stars. I almost have Bridges over Bamba, but Bamba is just insanely freakish.

Since it is the lottery, you really want to go BPA. I can't fault the Magic if Bagley falls and they take him. But again, we have workouts and a lot of time before this stuff really matters.

As I have written here and someone in the GB has also written, why is he too small for the C position? He is 6'11 pushing to 7 ft. His standing reach? If you are talking about his 7ft standing reach compared to say JJJ 7'4 standing reach, we again say that the 7ft standing reach was the measurement 4 years ago when he was still 15! We don't know his latest measures..unless you have it?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#853 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Quick questions for those high on JJJ for this draft and possibly the Magic pick.

What role do we think he plays on the team assuming he will be next to AG and Isaac?

Secondly, if he is considered a project (by most scouts he is), what is an semi-accurate timetable for him to be able to put it together as a starter at the next level?
2-4 years?

I'm not high on him but to answer your question, I see him as an Isaac clone. If he makes the same strides as Isaac ( which is questionable cuz I think Isaac is way more advanced in Defense over him ) then in 3 years we can/will see if the kid is destined to be a star or role player depending on what he shows.

Isaac has shown ion the 1st year alone that he has the D part of his game already advanced. This summer he should concentrate on bulking up a little only and concentrate on offensive moves.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#854 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 pm

RookieStar wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Thats the thing - with Isaac/AG and Bagley, you have 3 guys who can just switch around and pick the best matchups that night.

Like others are saying, it is position-less in that regard.

Before anyone gets confused and says Bagley is my top prospect or anything like that - he is not. But if we are picking at 4 or 5 and he is there, that's a very valuable pick especially if you want to play positionless.

The main critique on him is defense and being too small for C. Ok, cool - let him guard small C's or stretch 4s.

On offense let him do his thing - he takes bigs off the dribble with no problem.

It's obvious that Isaac plays a perimeter based offense. He shoots 3s and keeps the floor spread. That should only get better the more he plays. Bagley could feast in there.

Is it the perfect lineup? Nope. Not at all. I would rather have Doncic or Bridges. But Bagley is a legitimate scorer. One of the best at it in this entire draft. And we need scoring badly.

From a fit perspective only, I like Doncic-Ayton-Bamba-Bridges as my top 4. Those are all really great prospects who could all be stars. I almost have Bridges over Bamba, but Bamba is just insanely freakish.

Since it is the lottery, you really want to go BPA. I can't fault the Magic if Bagley falls and they take him. But again, we have workouts and a lot of time before this stuff really matters.

As I have written here and someone in the GB has also written, why is he too small for the C position? He is 6'11 pushing to 7 ft. His standing reach? If you are talking about his 7ft standing reach compared to say JJJ 7'4 standing reach, we again say that the 7ft standing reach was the measurement 4 years ago when he was still 15! We don't know his latest measures..unless you have it?

I didn't make the critique. I was just addressing it.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#855 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:03 pm

^^^ Yup got it!
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#856 » by Jkam31 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 pm

RookieStar wrote:Exactly! Bagley should be in high school right now. Imagine how hard it should be for a HS senior to be doing what he is doing against college big men.

Not only that but as someone in the GB said, regarding his measurements, why do peoole forget that his 7ft wingspan is a measurement taken when he was ONLY 15. So you cant really take that as an excuse as a defensive liability.

Also, Duke play ZONE defense, meaning team D more than anything, thus defensive highlights like what Bamba and JJJ are doing arent a fair measurement.

Lastly, people saying theres.no place for an inside scoring big... really now? When the league is trending towards good big men nowadays? Lets not get into thenfactbthat Bagley is a great athlete as evidenced by his unique skillset of double-triple jump.

He’d be an old senior he’s not even the youngest freshman in the draft class people need to stop with that

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#857 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:23 pm

^^ True, JJJ has the distinction of being the youngest yes?

Still, it's not all about the age though. Some people forget that when they talk about JJJ being raw, they also have to talk about Bagley being raw as well. This despite the fact he is already doing all those things he is doing right now.

But to be back OT, shouldn't we all talk about our 1st choice? Doncic? We are talking more about our 2nd choice lol
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#858 » by Patrick1978 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Skin wrote:
magicman112 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:I posted him on here a few months ago when they talked about him jumping to the league, he looks good he reminds me of DAngelo Russel. I Thought I read r

He's the only other PG option that I like in this draft other than Young. If we ended up with Bamba and Simons, that's good stuff. Also down for drafting Diallo if we move back into Round 1.

Sounds good
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#859 » by Driguez » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:
Skin wrote:
magicman112 wrote:

Sounds good

Queue Patrick posting youtube videos
"We all we got"- SVG
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#860 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:
Skin wrote:
magicman112 wrote:

Sounds good

His name alone is a sign that we were meant to be! lol

Return to Orlando Magic