ImageImageImageImage

Gamethread: Magic vs Bucks 03/14

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Gamethread: Magic vs Bucks 03/14 

Post#181 » by j-ragg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 am

The Orlando Roleplayers sounds better and fits the team better than Magic. We should have a team name that reflects our draft goals.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,691

Post#182 » by GameOver25 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 am

Serious who in the world cares that Augustin and Simmons rack up 30 pts games at the end of the year? No one is going to care or remember bench vets posting these numbers in the long run. This organization just keeps making the same mistakes over and over. It's ridiculous vets can come here and put up junk numbers that doesn't help the organization for the future.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,828

Post#183 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 am

j-ragg wrote:The Orlando Roleplayers sounds better and fits the team better than Magic. We should have a team name that reflects our draft goals.

The Orlando Roleplayers
The Orlando Potential
The Orlando Onepickaway
The Orlando Karma
The Orlando EmptyStats
The Orlando WashedupVets

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#184 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 am

Man... this is crunch time. It's where we shamelessly try to tank to get the sweet spot of top3. This is the difference between taking Ayton over Carter.. Doncic over Bridges.. we can't F this up
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,081

Post#185 » by Dennis Reynolds » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 am

DJ and Simmons, it's just had to be the guys I hate the most. SMDH
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,089

Post#186 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 am

j-ragg wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:We lose.... everyone complains and says how horrible the team is and they had no pride.... blah blah blah..... We win....everyone still loses their ish! I would love to have a top pick.... but there are no guarantees so we need to stop having lofty expectations otherwise half of you'll are gonna lose your minds lol

Who complains after we lose other than Cedric and Howard Mass?

Just in case people haven’t caught on. No one wants to win. No one wants to win especially when our young “core” has nothing to do with it and Simmons, Vuc, DJ, and Mack are the most involved players.

my bad.... guess i totally misread that Spurs thread. haha. JUST SAYING.... people should tame their expectations... otherwise we're gonna go crazy.

If the goal is to straight lose and we aren't planning on having vogel again.... time to fire him and pick up the trainer to coach the team and let hiim do what's needed.
GameOver25
RealGM

Post#187 » by GameOver25 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 am

Vogel is full of it in the presser.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#188 » by OrlandO » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:44 am

j-ragg wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Nice bounce back win for The Magic although a lot of people will not be happy due to the Lotto standings.

After every game you say this. We get it man you don’t like tanking. It’s cool. Doesn’t make people who care about the draft slot any less of fans.

lol where does he say or imply people aren't fans for wanting to tank? I think as an admin he's just playing to both sides...
GameOver25
RealGM

Post#189 » by GameOver25 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:44 am

Jonathan Isaac 4 pts 1/5 and he's talking about building habits for next year.
How about giving your top draft pick more than 5 shots?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#190 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 am

GameOver25 wrote:Jonathan Isaac 4 pts 1/5 and he's talking about building habits for next year.
How about giving your top draft pick more than 5 shots?

Been talking about habits for 5 MF’ing years ya moron. Got a sad feeling nothing will change and we’ll just add the #8th pick to this roster and evaluate against.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#191 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 am

GameOver25 wrote:Vogel is full of it in the presser.

First Magic coach that I don't even bother to watch the pressers of anymore. I even watched all the Skiles ones.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#192 » by OrlandO » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:07 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
SOUL wrote:DJ/Simmons our future

How sad is it that our actual future (Isaac/Mario) are the two starters benched during crunch time for Vets. How **** clueless is Vogel. The whole organization is a clown show.

Mario isn't part of our future... are you guys really still in denial about this? The moment we declined him his Magic career was over. I'm glad we're not relying on him too much... he has zero value to us as a future player or asset. I would rather see Iwundu start and get those crunch time minutes in a game like this. Of course, Vogel played Mack the entire 4th... :lol:
GameOver25
RealGM

Post#193 » by GameOver25 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:11 am

And I had to look this up just to see the difference of the other lottery picks this year.

FG-FGA of players last game they played for comparison

J Jackson 6-15
D Fox 4-12
L Ball 2-11
J Tatum 6-16 (so far tonight)
F Ntilikina 2-8
D Smith Jr 6-19

J Isaac 1-5

Now I understand JI is coming back from injury. But the proof is in the pudding, we're always that team that's just extremely dumb in everything we do. And we always stick our heads in the clouds, being stubborn, like there's nothing wrong, everything is just fine attitude.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#194 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 am

OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
SOUL wrote:DJ/Simmons our future

How sad is it that our actual future (Isaac/Mario) are the two starters benched during crunch time for Vets. How **** clueless is Vogel. The whole organization is a clown show.

Mario isn't part of our future... are you guys really still in denial about this? The moment we declined him his Magic career was over. I'm glad we're not relying on him too much... he has zero value to us as a future player or asset. I would rather see Iwundu start and get those crunch time minutes in a game like this. Of course, Vogel played Mack the entire 4th... :lol:

Im not in denial about anything. Ive just heard him talk about it and feel that that door isn't closed yet. If we could pitch him a consistent role on the team and offense I truly believe that he would sign a backloaded long-term contract with us. The problem is Vogel has done the opposite and lets the vets continue to dominate the offense while Mario and Isaac barely get any touches.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#195 » by OrlandO » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:14 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:How sad is it that our actual future (Isaac/Mario) are the two starters benched during crunch time for Vets. How **** clueless is Vogel. The whole organization is a clown show.

Im not in denial about anything. Ive just heard him talk about it and feel that that door isn't closed yet. If we could pitch him a consistent role on the team and offense I truly believe that he would sign a backloaded long-term contract with us. The problem is Vogel has done the opposite and lets the vets continue to dominate the offense while Mario and Isaac barely get any touches.

Is backloading his contract even an option?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#196 » by MagicMadness » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 am

Well, we're going to win sometimes. Darn.

We're so close to bottom-3...hopefully we can pull it out.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,828

Post#197 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 am

GameOver25 wrote:And I had to look this up just to see the difference of the other lottery picks this year.

FG-FGA of players last game they played for comparison

J Jackson 6-15
D Fox 4-12
L Ball 2-11
J Tatum 6-16 (so far tonight)
F Ntilikina 2-8
D Smith Jr 6-19

J Isaac 1-5

Now I understand JI is coming back from injury. But the proof is in the pudding, we're always that team that's just extremely dumb in everything we do. And we always stick our heads in the clouds, being stubborn, like there's nothing wrong, everything is just fine attitude.

Things that are disappointing -

Isaac only taking 5 shots
Isaac only playing few meaningful minutes rookie year
Little to no information on Isaac next to AG
DSJr getting starters minutes his rookie year
DSJr having a green light to take 19 shots

Not having a legitimate starting point guard despite all of this and still wondering what position Isaac is best suited for.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#198 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 am

OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Mario isn't part of our future... are you guys really still in denial about this? The moment we declined him his Magic career was over. I'm glad we're not relying on him too much... he has zero value to us as a future player or asset. I would rather see Iwundu start and get those crunch time minutes in a game like this. Of course, Vogel played Mack the entire 4th... :lol:

As far as ive heard the only limitations we have is the amount of money we can offer the first year. I think we can offer 10-15 the years after that. Somebody can correct me if im wrong on that.

Edit: I think the catch is we can only offer him 8% raise after each year. So I suppose backloading his contract wouldn't exactly be an option. I still think if we sold him on a consistent role on the team and offense he would seriously consider us as he's already stated. But its a moot point anyways because Vogel isnt capable of giving him that
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#199 » by Skybox » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 am

Great game. Just got home. Well done Magic! We just signed Simmons-he's part of our future (at worst as a trade chip)...unless you're all on the Alex Martins 2030 plan. DJ is playing like a beast tonight...who do you think you're replacing him with- Fred Van Vleet? Very exciting...Tank every year, be Sacramento...NO THANKS!

Bite me...Good win!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#200 » by OrlandO » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Im not in denial about anything. Ive just heard him talk about it and feel that that door isn't closed yet. If we could pitch him a consistent role on the team and offense I truly believe that he would sign a backloaded long-term contract with us. The problem is Vogel has done the opposite and lets the vets continue to dominate the offense while Mario and Isaac barely get any touches.

As far as ive heard the only limitations we have is the amount of money we can offer the first year. I think we can offer 10-15 the years after that. Somebody can correct me if im wrong on that.

I think declining him might have eliminated that option as it would be a loophole, but I'm not sure either. Someone ask a verified cap guru on twitter.

Return to Orlando Magic