ImageImageImageImage

Gamethread: Magic vs Celtics 03/16

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,148

Re: Gamethread: Magic vs Celtics 03/16 

Post#81 » by tiderulz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:28 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:So I guess this is why Isaac looked like he was dying on the court last game...

Read on Twitter

This explains a lot. I remember posting the other night that he didn't look the same. Just wasn't moving right on the court. It's a shame that injury/illness has effected his rookie year like it has. He's looked better tonight but still not 100%.

Gordon's rookie year marred. Isaac's rookie year marred. Mario apparently injured in rookie year. curse?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,943

Post#82 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:41 am

Vogel looked completely defeated again in that press conference. Don't really see how things will change unless we completely revamp the roster and even then, I'm not really confident in his ability to turn this around.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,939

Post#83 » by JF5 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:43 am

Nick Anderson apparently played many years with McGrady...

When did this happen?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,943

Post#84 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 am

JF5 wrote:Nick Anderson apparently played many years with McGrady...

When did this happen?

Whenever he was playing old versions of NBA 2K lol. He corrected himself during the broadcast.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,361

Post#85 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:So I guess this is why Isaac looked like he was dying on the court last game...

Read on Twitter

This explains a lot. I remember posting the other night that he didn't look the same. Just wasn't moving right on the court. It's a shame that injury/illness has effected his rookie year like it has. He's looked better tonight but still not 100%.

I'm not 100% sure but he has chronic asthma i think ? It plays role into his conditioning as well.
I know that McGee had problems with it in Denver where he could only play like 6-7 min in a row .
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,926

Post#86 » by SOUL » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:28 am

Asthma isn't the same as a upper respiratory illness. It bothered him his first few summer league games but later on it seemed to not play a role
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,013

Post#87 » by drsd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 am

Howard Mass wrote:Not a fun game offensively but you had to like the rally a little bit at the end.

Orlando was out rebounded by 15 leading to 17 more FT attempts for the Celts.

Sad.

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,257

Post#88 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 am

PrimeShaq wrote:Classic garbage time Vuc. Filling up his stat sheet with the game already far out of reach.

And had he done nothing people would’ve complained about that....

Anyway good to see Isaac get 20+ minutes.
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,178

Post#89 » by zaymon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:29 pm

SOUL wrote:Asthma isn't the same as a upper respiratory illness. It bothered him his first few summer league games but later on it seemed to not play a role

The thing is asthma makes upper respiratory ilnlness more frequent and severe. I hope he has well controled one. Taking steroids and b mimetics for asthma could be beneficient to his stamina
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,361

Post#90 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:40 pm

zaymon wrote:
SOUL wrote:Asthma isn't the same as a upper respiratory illness. It bothered him his first few summer league games but later on it seemed to not play a role

The thing is asthma makes upper respiratory ilnlness more frequent and severe. I hope he has well controled one. Taking steroids and b mimetics for asthma could be beneficient to his stamina

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2972660/

goes in detail how asthma affects other illnesses and makes them worst, especially respiratory illnesses
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,447

Post#91 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Classic garbage time Vuc. Filling up his stat sheet with the game already far out of reach.

And had he done nothing people would’ve complained about that....

Anyway good to see Isaac get 20+ minutes.
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Id rather him have just done something when the game had still mattered. I’ve really been hating on Vuc a lot lately but it’s just because his defense has completely fallen off a cliff. His rim protection has been literally non existent and pretty much every matchup he goes against is just destroying him.

This is by no means me saying that other players on the team are playing much better on defense, it’s just that Vuc’s has been noticeably horrendous. && when his defense is bad it just makes his long two misses that much more unbearable.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#92 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 pm

tiderulz wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

Read on Twitter

Gordon's rookie year marred. Isaac's rookie year marred. Mario apparently injured in rookie year. curse?

If you feel cursed, then imagine what Philly fans go through every year.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#93 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:This explains a lot. I remember posting the other night that he didn't look the same. Just wasn't moving right on the court. It's a shame that injury/illness has effected his rookie year like it has. He's looked better tonight but still not 100%.

If Philly is cursed I wish we were cursed.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
PennytoShaq

Post#94 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

j-ragg wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Gordon's rookie year marred. Isaac's rookie year marred. Mario apparently injured in rookie year. curse?

Yes but this is a new development. They were a lost franchise for years. People conveniently forget this. They also assume the Magic will never turn things around. It just shows how people think they have it bad and forget how many other fanbases have gone through similar failures before getting some players.

At one point it was thought that Embiid might not ever play for the team. He ballooned up in weight and was being criticized for work ethic. None of Phillys picks were panning out at all and everyone said that tanking was a giant failure for them.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,684

Post#95 » by Howard Mass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 pm

drsd wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Not a fun game offensively but you had to like the rally a little bit at the end.

Orlando was out rebounded by 15 leading to 17 more FT attempts for the Celts.

Sad.

They got beat bad most of the game.

This was a big key to it.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#96 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:30 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Yes but this is a new development. They were a lost franchise for years. People conveniently forget this. They also assume the Magic will never turn things around. It just shows how people think they have it bad and forget how many other fanbases have gone through similar failures before getting some players.

At one point it was thought that Embiid might not ever play for the team. He ballooned up in weight and was being criticized for work ethic. None of Phillys picks were panning out at all and everyone said that tanking was a giant failure for them.

I haven't forgotten any of it. I'd still rather do what they did than what we did. What's our record comparatively the past 5 years? I'm sure it isn't that far off. But they've been in the top 3 every year. Now look at the support they get. Every Philly fan would've taken their "tanking" experience over ours, even if their low was (slightly) lower than ours.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
PennytoShaq

Post#97 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm

j-ragg wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
j-ragg wrote:If Philly is cursed I wish we were cursed.

I haven't forgotten any of it. I'd still rather do what they did than what we did. What's our record comparatively the past 5 years? I'm sure it isn't that far off. But they've been in the top 3 every year. Now look at the support they get. Every Philly fan would've taken their "tanking" experience over ours, even if their low was (slightly) lower than ours.

I don't get your point. We have a new FO who openly admitted they would give this team a year before executing their plans. The old regime you are referring to is gone. Now it is time to see what the new one can do. I have zero reason to feel hopeless and depressed about it until these guys show us that they are also terrible as well. I happen to think Weltman is really, really good and can turn this thing around starting this offseason.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,536

Post#98 » by Furinkazan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 pm

ugly game esp in the 1st half

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,148

Post#99 » by tiderulz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:This explains a lot. I remember posting the other night that he didn't look the same. Just wasn't moving right on the court. It's a shame that injury/illness has effected his rookie year like it has. He's looked better tonight but still not 100%.

we werent drafting injured players
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,390

Post#100 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

I don't get your point. We have a new FO who openly admitted they would give this team a year before executing their plans. The old regime you are referring to is gone. Now it is time to see what the new one can do. I have zero reason to feel hopeless and depressed about it until these guys show us that they are also terrible as well. I happen to think Weltman is really, really good and can turn this thing around starting this offseason.

I hope you're right

Return to Orlando Magic