ImageImageImageImage

Gamethread: Magic vs Sixers 03/22

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,217

Re: Gamethread: Magic vs Sixers 03/22 

Post#161 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:07 am

started rebuild year after Magic, botched Noel and Okafor pick, maybe even Fultz pick, still ended up being better than Magic.
Oh and traded for Šarić and their own pick for player that Magic flipped into second round pick.

If Simmons forced some shots he had legit shot at fastest triple double in history.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Gamethread: Magic vs Sixers 03/22 

Post#162 » by zaymon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
thelead wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Augustine is gonna be our starter and everyone will be pissed lol. Oh well might as well tank early again, start in training camp.

If our starting PG isn't Doncic or Young we need to tank next year... or at least, 'not focus on winning but development instead'.
Another evaluation year...

Of we cant get those 2 i am for IT or Teodosic.
Teodosic/Fournier/Bridges/Isaac/Vucevic
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#163 » by drsd » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:20 am

Purvis as the high scorer ?!?!?!
zelenooq
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#164 » by zelenooq » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 am

OrlandoDream wrote:
Knightro wrote:No more veterans the rest of the year Frank. Tell Vucevic, Mack, Augustin, Biyombo, Afflalo, Speights and Fournier that they can get started on their Cancun plans.

Isaac, Artis, Birch, Purvis, Iwundu, Gordon, Simmons (although he's not young) and Hezonja to close this baby out.

I would even consider cutting Mario out. He is playing his last games in a magic jersey.

Hope vogel grows a pair and plays Isaac, Birch, AG, Purvis, Iwundu, and Artis full time. See what they can do. The rest of the guys we know what they bring; good and bad.

it's not mario's fault so why?
he deserve to play
ok, not with few last games but i think it is more about atmosphere in the team than something else
zelenooq
Pro Prospect

Post#165 » by zelenooq » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 am

OrlandO wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Someone said its 5th worst lost in NBA history is that true?

looks like a 61 pt loss would be good for the worst in 20 years and sixth worst in history...

to be honest, here is sortet by PS
you should sort it by +/-
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#166 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 am

drsd wrote:Purvis as the high scorer ?!?!?!

6ers pulled out starters midway through 3rd quater and game was basically garbage time for last 20 min. :crazy:
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#167 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:07 am

pepe1991 wrote:started rebuild year after Magic, botched Noel and Okafor pick, maybe even Fultz pick, still ended up being better than Magic.
Oh and traded for Šarić and their own pick for player that Magic flipped into second round pick.

If Simmons forced some shots he had legit shot at fastest triple double in history.

Just shows how much acquiring legitimate stars on your roster can change the trajectory of a franchise. Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are definitely those stars I am talking about and they have only scratched the surface on how good they can be in the NBA. They absolutely nailed those picks. The Dario trade was just Sam Hinkie taking advantage of us since we were dumb enough to show our hand in that draft.

Hopefully our new rebuild will be a much better success so that we can forget what the old regime did.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#168 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 am

ChosenSavior wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:started rebuild year after Magic, botched Noel and Okafor pick, maybe even Fultz pick, still ended up being better than Magic.

Just shows how much acquiring legitimate stars on your roster can change the trajectory of a franchise. Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid are definitely those stars I am talking about and they have only scratched the surface on how good they can be in the NBA. They absolutely nailed those picks. The Dario trade was just Sam Hinkie taking advantage of us since we were dumb enough to show our hand in that draft.

Hopefully our new rebuild will be a much better success so that we can forget what the old regime did.

They were also able to find Covington,Holmes and used Ilyasova and Bellineli departure to give them boost off bench.
Roster of : star who played 31 game in past, rookie PG who plays PG for first time in his life, 23/4 years old Sophomore, second round pick and JJ Redick made historic run since they are first team ever who menaged in two years quadruple number of wins.

They actually have legit shot at 3rd best record on East despite getting nothing from 3rd overall pick ( Okafor -traded ) and 1#overall pick ( broken ego? )
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#169 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:58 am

pepe1991 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

They were also able to find Covington,Holmes and used Ilyasova and Bellineli departure to give them boost off bench.
Roster of : star who played 31 game in past, rookie PG who plays PG for first time in his life, 23/4 years old Sophomore, second round pick and JJ Redick made historic run since they are first team ever who menaged in two years quadruple number of wins.

They actually have legit shot at 3rd best record on East despite getting nothing from 3rd overall pick ( Okafor -traded ) and 1#overall pick ( broken ego? )

Sam Hinkie loaded their cupboard with good young role players, cap space and draft picks of their own and from other teams (they get the Lakers lottery pick this year as long the pick doesn't land between spots 2-5 :lol:) and so far Bryan Colangelo is not screwing it up. Team is going to be scary good for a while as long as Embiid and Ben Simmons stay healthy.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#170 » by OrlandO » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:45 pm

zelenooq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Someone said its 5th worst lost in NBA history is that true?

looks like a 61 pt loss would be good for the worst in 20 years and sixth worst in history...

Your OCD isn't relevant to the OP's question. :wink:
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#171 » by magicman112 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:52 pm

They got really lucky with Embiid. He looked like he was on his way to being Greg Oden 2.0. And yes now they absolutely got the better end of the Saric/Elf deal. Well all we can now do is hope that our new front office has a good plan to get out of this mess and on the way to a better future.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#172 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Funny thing is on paper a lot of people would hate the 6ers chances if they have not seen the players play. PG who can't shoot. Team's best offensive player is the C. No star on the wings. It violates a lot of "team building rules", which is why I don't believe there is just one way to build a great team.

Other thing about the 6ers is they were godawful for years and blew a lot of draft picks before finding stars. So it just shows how there really is no sure thing if you want to build through the draft. And you are going to have to really be awful and stockpile picks if you want to go that route.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#173 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:Funny thing is on paper a lot of people would hate the 6ers chances if they have not seen the players play. PG who can't shoot. Team's best offensive player is the C. No star on the wings. It violates a lot of "team building rules", which is why I don't believe there is just one way to build a great team.

Other thing about the 6ers is they were godawful for years and blew a lot of draft picks before finding stars. So it just shows how there really is no sure thing if you want to build through the draft. And you are going to have to really be awful and stockpile picks if you want to go that route.

it helps when they are top tear talents and that much more talented than competition.
Joel is easly most talented center in nba and probably overall the best . Nobody in nba gives defense and offense like he does. He is basically 23-11 player who happends to be elite rim protector and still can make some long shots ( not so great from 3 tho ).

Simmons is 6'10 ,40 inch vertical point guard with legit post game with ability to shoot hook shots with both hands. Type of player that beats you off dribble and goes at rim and there is nobody who can stop him. There is not a single PG in nba who can guard him in open space, they all give 6,7 even 10 inches and 30-40 pounds.

They also did masterful job with role players around them. Cov guards 4 positions, JJ is elite shooter and Šarić does little bit of everything ( and shoots 40% for 3 ).

btw peace bro, our heated argument went too far. I feel bad about it.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#174 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Funny thing is on paper a lot of people would hate the 6ers chances if they have not seen the players play. PG who can't shoot. Team's best offensive player is the C. No star on the wings. It violates a lot of "team building rules", which is why I don't believe there is just one way to build a great team.

it helps when they are top tear talents and that much more talented than competition.
Joel is easly most talented center in nba and probably overall the best . Nobody in nba gives defense and offense like he does. He is basically 23-11 player who happends to be elite rim protector and still can make some long shots ( not so great from 3 tho ).

Simmons is 6'10 ,40 inch vertical point guard with legit post game with ability to shoot hook shots with both hands. Type of player that beats you off dribble and goes at rim and there is nobody who can stop him. There is not a single PG in nba who can guard him in open space, they all give 6,7 even 10 inches and 30-40 pounds.

They also did masterful job with role players around them. Cov guards 4 positions, JJ is elite shooter and Šarić does little bit of everything ( and shoots 40% for 3 ).

btw peace bro, our heated argument went too far. I feel bad about it.

Agree, and no worries. Appreciate that. No need to feel bad, it happens during seasons like this.

And yeah what you are saying is really what I am saying . There are exceptions. So I think that there are many ways to build a team that is a force. The thing is that you have to be creative. And Brown is. Vogel is not. If we get a creative coach we could do some unique things that may not fit the exact mold of what a current winning team is, but they could still work.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#175 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:25 pm

zelenooq wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
Knightro wrote:No more veterans the rest of the year Frank. Tell Vucevic, Mack, Augustin, Biyombo, Afflalo, Speights and Fournier that they can get started on their Cancun plans.

Isaac, Artis, Birch, Purvis, Iwundu, Gordon, Simmons (although he's not young) and Hezonja to close this baby out.

I would even consider cutting Mario out. He is playing his last games in a magic jersey.

Hope vogel grows a pair and plays Isaac, Birch, AG, Purvis, Iwundu, and Artis full time. See what they can do. The rest of the guys we know what they bring; good and bad.

it's not mario's fault so why?
he deserve to play
ok, not with few last games but i think it is more about atmosphere in the team than something else

Of course not, it's never Mario's fault. It's all our fault that he gives sh*t effort on D and still makes rookie mistakes, right? I can believe there are still Mario apologist in these boards. How much more do you need to see to know this guy is just not good?

He had one good month and has sucked again since then. Please stop making excuses and just embrace the fact that Mario Hezonja is not a good basketball player in the NBA. Go back overseas for a couple of years.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#176 » by npiper17 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Interestingly, if you listen to the podcast Sam Hinkie did with (I think) Zach Lowe a few months after he left the Sixers, he pretty much said this was their plan. He talked almost constantly about your percentage chances of drafting a star eg how many number 1 picks would you need to draft a star / how does that change depending on how many opportunities you have etc etc.

People talk about ‘The Process’ as if it’s some new-aged concept when all it came down to was losing a lot and hoping a lot that it paid off at some stage.

I do give them credit for hiring Brett Brown though.
zelenooq
Pro Prospect

Post#177 » by zelenooq » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:03 pm

OrlandO wrote:
zelenooq wrote:
OrlandO wrote:looks like a 61 pt loss would be good for the worst in 20 years and sixth worst in history...

Your OCD isn't relevant to the OP's question. :wink:

ok
but...why not? :)
i mean, to me is always relevant, you know? ;)
and depends on your answer maybe it is real relevant, you know :P

Return to Orlando Magic