ImageImageImageImage

Who is going to be our 5th coach since SVG? The official replacement possibilities thread...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Re: Who is going to be our 5th coach since SVG? The official replacement possibilities thread... 

Post#841 » by Darth Magic » Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Skin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

:lol:

Mediocre college coaches using the Magic as stepping stones. How pathetic. :nonono:

I have no idea why they haven't even interviewed Messina. So classy. So ready. Would be a brilliant hire.

Safe to say our HC spot is not an attractive one.. who would’ve thought that. EVERYONE the answer is EVERYONE.

There's that narrative I spoke about . Sigh. Thanks WeltHam :lol:
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Re: Who is going to be our 5th coach since SVG? The official replacement possibilities thread... 

Post#842 » by OrlandoDream » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Most latest rumor is that Stotts is on the hotseat and might get canned. Could this be who WEltman is waiting for?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#843 » by Nyce_1 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:30 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:Most latest rumor is that Stotts is on the hotseat and might get canned. Could this be who WEltman is waiting for?

well, if you believe Stein's tween from a few weeks ago, then yes.
Read on Twitter
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#844 » by OrlandoDream » Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:Most latest rumor is that Stotts is on the hotseat and might get canned. Could this be who WEltman is waiting for?

well, if you believe Stein's tween from a few weeks ago, then yes.
Read on Twitter

Wasnt that one.

Read on Twitter
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#845 » by j-ragg » Fri May 25, 2018 8:00 pm

The Draft God doth spoken, you are all now blessed
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#846 » by KillMonger » Fri May 25, 2018 8:27 pm

i'm ready for this coach shi-eeet to be over with because it's gone on longer than my patience allows especially considering that other teams more or less started their coaching search along side us and got their coach already. Hard to understand what's the hold up? it's obviously on our end because we heard that we interviewed Fizdale but didn't make an offer. I mean i don't care anymore who we get but i'm honestly going to be livid if we're just waiting for what Toronto does, like why in blue hell do we have to wait for them?
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#847 » by PennytoShaq » Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 pm

I don't care that much about when we get a coach, more about who it is. Stotts would be a huge get for us. And if we need to wait a little longer to choose between him and Stackhouse, then I am more than fine with that.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#848 » by NotACat » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:I don't care that much about when we get a coach, more about who it is. Stotts would be a huge get for us. And if we need to wait a little longer to choose between him and Stackhouse, then I am more than fine with that.

Same here. Waiting for a coach who has a good vision for the team and the development of of Isaac and AG is the right way to go
Black Lives Matter
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#849 » by basketballRob » Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:I don't care that much about when we get a coach, more about who it is. Stotts would be a huge get for us. And if we need to wait a little longer to choose between him and Stackhouse, then I am more than fine with that.

Doesn't it seem like when you have years remaining that sometimes they aren't allowed to coach another team until the deal is up? I could see Stotts as an NBA analyst for two years.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#850 » by FFBlitzace » Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 pm

Didn't Portland say they were keeping Stotts for next year? I wouldn't expect them to say that and then change their minds.

As far as I can tell, the most recent word on Stotts is from May 1st when the Blazers were keeping him. If there's been a change, from a source other than NBA Draft God, I haven't seen it.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#851 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat May 26, 2018 11:20 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
DjPuffnStuff wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Someone sell me on Izzo.

Any Spartan fans on the forum?

His coaching philosophy is simple.
- Rebound, rebound, rebound
- Don't turnover the ball
- Take high percentage shots
- Play hard defense
- Make free throws

He says you'll win more games than you lose if you follow that mentality.
So more old school philosophy?

Wait..so new school philosophy is:
- don’t rebound
- Turn the ball over
- take low percentage shots.
- don’t play hard defense.
- and miss free throws.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Who is going to be our 5th coach since SVG? The official replacement possibilities thread... 

Post#852 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:If you guys hire Clifford can you take Howard with him?

Only if you're up for a Biyombo reunion....

Can Biyombo cleanly catch a bounce pass and make a layup yet? Didnt for Charlotte. If so, hell even then id pass.

HAHA This is great... He can’t even defend...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#2A
#Adopt
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#853 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat May 26, 2018 12:51 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:Didn't Portland say they were keeping Stotts for next year? I wouldn't expect them to say that and then change their minds.

As far as I can tell, the most recent word on Stotts is from May 1st when the Blazers were keeping him. If there's been a change, from a source other than NBA Draft God, I haven't seen it.

Dame did meet again with Portland FO so maybe he’s wanting a new HC? PURE SPECULATION
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#854 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Solid Snake wrote:i'm ready for this coach shi-eeet to be over with because it's gone on longer than my patience allows especially considering that other teams more or less started their coaching search along side us and got their coach already. Hard to understand what's the hold up? it's obviously on our end because we heard that we interviewed Fizdale but didn't make an offer. I mean i don't care anymore who we get but i'm honestly going to be livid if we're just waiting for what Toronto does, like why in blue hell do we have to wait for them?

I would prefer hiring the right coach over hiring one quickly.

Other teams are in different places and have different goals. A few teams basically just swapped coaches as they are looking for little more than a new voice in the locker room.

We need someone focused on growth and development. That surely means a college coach or a top assistant somewhere. That is hard to do as many guys don’t want their first go around to be with a rebuilding team which has fired (or lost / quit) so many coaches in as little time as we have.

It is no surprise that it is taking a while for us to convince a one of these guys to take a chance on Orlando. But I prefer that over a retread vet NBA coach who will be focused on winning day 1 and lose sight of where we are and what we really need for long term success.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,028

Post#855 » by Driguez » Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 pm

I get we're possibly being thorough with hiring a coach. And also seems like we're being super hush hush with the process. But it's really frustrating. We still have time, and I think I'm going to mentally disassociate myself from the Magic at least until draft night. Good luck to me.
Huevos Bancheros
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#856 » by KillMonger » Sat May 26, 2018 6:07 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:i'm ready for this coach shi-eeet to be over with because it's gone on longer than my patience allows especially considering that other teams more or less started their coaching search along side us and got their coach already. Hard to understand what's the hold up? it's obviously on our end because we heard that we interviewed Fizdale but didn't make an offer. I mean i don't care anymore who we get but i'm honestly going to be livid if we're just waiting for what Toronto does, like why in blue hell do we have to wait for them?

I would prefer hiring the right coach over hiring one quickly.

Other teams are in different places and have different goals. A few teams basically just swapped coaches as they are looking for little more than a new voice in the locker room.

We need someone focused on growth and development. That surely means a college coach or a top assistant somewhere. That is hard to do as many guys don’t want their first go around to be with a rebuilding team which has fired (or lost / quit) so many coaches in as little time as we have.

It is no surprise that it is taking a while for us to convince a one of these guys to take a chance on Orlando. But I prefer that over a retread vet NBA coach who will be focused on winning day 1 and lose sight of where we are and what we really need for long term success.

i agree but in this scenario, we're well past "quickly" at this point i have no idea what we're doing. I hope we get the right coach and i would like to think buzz words and phrases like that actually mean something but i'm honestly thinking this "coaching search" just devolved into just waiting on what Toronto does.......I'd be shocked if we announce a coach before they do because at this point it's the only thing that really makes sense because i'm not buying the whole leave no stone unturned notion because other teams started their coaching search pretty much same time as us but was able to get their coach fairly promptly.

All this does is invite uncertainty with fans(Coming up with all kinds of scenarios) and also invites people to use our situation as leverage(sampson). Instead of breeding confidence with them taking their time all it's doing (at least for me) is making me think they have no idea what type of coach they want. It's like going to the grocery store with no shopping list, you're basically looking at everything with no real direction....i would like to think that's not the case
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#857 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 pm

I think that’s the problem. Fans don’t know what’s happening therefore “what’s wrong with our FO?” Just because we don’t know what’s happening doesn’t mean they’re not approaching those correctly.
I get the frustration though, we’re news hungry. I trust they’ll make the right decision. We don’t know more than them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#2A
#Adopt
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#858 » by Magic#1 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:30 pm

While it is strange for it to be taking this long, the candidates most of us were interested in are still out there. Whoever they hire, it will be judged whether it was a good hire or not years from now. What matters is we get the right person.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#859 » by OrlandO » Sat May 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:If you guys hire Clifford can you take Howard with him?

Only if you're up for a Biyombo reunion....

Can Biyombo cleanly catch a bounce pass and make a layup yet? Didnt for Charlotte. If so, hell even then id pass.

Trick question? He would have to first catch a pass in order to make a layup...

But on the rare instances he does catch the results have been pretty damn impressive...

OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#860 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 pm

I can’t hekp but watch those and realize we have no hope until Biz is gone

Return to Orlando Magic