ImageImageImageImage

In Anticipation of the Draft Lottery

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Re: RE: Re: In Anticipation of the Draft Lottery 

Post#101 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed May 16, 2018 3:53 am

BlueBalls wrote:The price you pay for failing to even get losing right.

Terrible spot. Best player to hope for here is Bamba and we probably can’t even get him.
No man's land, can't win and can't lose right.
aka: prorl
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 462

Re: In Anticipation of the Draft Lottery 

Post#102 » by dsg2003mach1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

same old ****, getting exactly what we deserve
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#103 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm

different year, same old ***t
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

In Anticipation of the Draft Lottery 

Post#104 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:We’re getting the 6th pick

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

You’re welcome. I hope it’s not bamba but he has a talent so whatever. Underwhelming as expected.

If we landed top 3 I’d be ok leaving the team mostly intact and adding a scorer, but at 6 the best you could ask is yet another role player to add to a roster full of role players. We need to blow this thing up imo.

It’s kind of a cliche to say “we can’t do anything right” but in this case it holds true. We don’t know how to lose, win, draft, or develop talent.

Literally can’t do anything right.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,972

Post#105 » by MagicMatic » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:

You’re welcome. I hope it’s not bamba but he has a talent so whatever. Underwhelming as expected.

If we landed top 3 I’d be ok leaving the team mostly intact and adding a scorer, but at 6 the best you could ask is yet another role player to add to a roster full of role players. We need to blow this thing up imo.

It’s kind of a cliche to say “we can’t do anything right” but in this case it holds true. We don’t know how to lose, win, draft, or develop talent.

The “year of evaluation” ended up hurting the franchise... surprise! Didn’t see that one coming.
Should have blown the whole thing up from the get go instead of wasting another year and everyone’s time.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#106 » by npiper17 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm

And yet a team that won more games leapt to number 2. Such is what happens in a lottery.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#107 » by yoyojw17 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

The “year of evaluation” ended up hurting the franchise... surprise! Didn’t see that one coming.
Should have blown the whole thing up from the get go instead of wasting another year and everyone’s time.

As a new GM.... i would hope that they would take the time to figure out what works and what doesn't work on the new team than just saying blowing things up. Just because the team as a whole might not be working.... doesn't mean every component is useless to the league. We could have easily "blown things up" ... and have a fire sale and each one of those players were sent to another team that could use their talents (for pennies on the dollar).... and instead we would be wondering to ourselves...."oh i can't believe we let that go" ... as all of them are performing in the Playoffs. It is a possibility. And all the injuries this season definitely did not help the process.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#108 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

True.

We still don’t know if AG and Isaac can play together. Which was really the only thing that mattered this year. Now we have to potentially pay big money to AG.

I guess through evaluation we found out Elfrid sucks. Most of us knew that before the season though
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,972

Post#109 » by MagicMatic » Wed May 16, 2018 4:51 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:You’re welcome. I hope it’s not bamba but he has a talent so whatever. Underwhelming as expected.

As a new GM.... i would hope that they would take the time to figure out what works and what doesn't work on the new team than just saying blowing things up. Just because the team as a whole might not be working.... doesn't mean every component is useless to the league. We could have easily "blown things up" ... and have a fire sale and each one of those players were sent to another team that could use their talents (for pennies on the dollar).... and instead we would be wondering to ourselves...."oh i can't believe we let that go" ... as all of them are performing in the Playoffs. It is a possibility. And all the injuries this season definitely did not help the process.

They had enough in game footage, scouting reports, and testimonials from the staff to make these decisions. They could have even done something by the deadline and only let go of Elfrid.

Instead, they now have a lot of tougher decisions to make, probably would have gotten a better draft pick, and lost a year of developing players that will actually be together for the future roster. They lost out on all of that at the expense for evaluating for a year. Agree to disagree.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#110 » by yoyojw17 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

They had enough in game footage, scouting reports, and testimonials from the staff to make these decisions. They could have even done something by the deadline and only let go of Elfrid.

Instead, they now have a lot of tougher decisions to make, probably would have gotten a better draft pick, and lost a year of developing players that will actually be together for the future roster. They lost out on all of that at the expense for evaluating for a year. Agree to disagree.

I won't disagree that there are repercussions to their decisions... but I can't say that it was as cut and dry from the beginning. We started off on a hot start... and injuries kept piling up... giving no level of consistency to make decisions.... minus..."OK... elf is not working and won't work..TAP OUT" lol. Yes... would you we wish things happened better in hindsight... for sure.... but I will understand that they had a course of action and not just a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. I'm not behind the scenes... so darn... no one really knows.

Return to Orlando Magic