Total votes: 84

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Fultz for 6th Pick [Poll] 

Post#41 » by Skin » Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Fultz is sooooooooo slooooooow.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#42 » by j-ragg » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
I'm not saying that but I would rather use the pick.

I think they either draft Wendell Carter Jr or trade back and get Mikal Bridges if Carter's gone.

Bridges mirrors Klay Thompson in size and college career shooting percentages.

Thats an interesting comp. Would anyone trade #6 for Klay? Thompson and Bridges games are fairly similar.

Without thinking twice. Easy choice but maybe it's just me.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#43 » by Howard Mass » Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
I'm not saying that but I would rather use the pick.

I think they either draft Wendell Carter Jr or trade back and get Mikal Bridges if Carter's gone.

Thats an interesting comp. Would anyone trade #6 for Klay? Thompson and Bridges games are fairly similar.

Klay's contract is way too big for a team in The Magic's position.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#44 » by tiderulz » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

i mean that Bridges = Klay. Would you take a player like Klay at #6?
Skin
RealGM

Post#45 » by Skin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

You know I would. :wink: :D
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#46 » by NBAchamps2017 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:03 am

If Trae for Fultz I will choose Fultz. If it turns outs Bamba for Fultz, NO.

I am slowly turning towards Bamba’s parade. WeHam is about length, if he’s still there at six; Bambi is the choice.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Post#47 » by Howard Mass » Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 am

tiderulz wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

If a player like Klay was available at #6 yes but this is a deep draft.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Skin
RealGM

Post#48 » by Skin » Sat May 19, 2018 12:32 am

Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Tide, I see where you're going, but I don't really agree with the Mikal to Klay comparison being all that accurate. Klay is a much better 3pt shooter and Mikal a much better defender and finisher.

Some people have labeled Mikal closer to a Kawhi type. The potential there is what gets me hyped up... but I admit potential can be deceiving.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#49 » by tiderulz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:38 am

Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

we hear that almost every year, but it is not often the case. And Bridges is a player like Klay.

Klay
One of the top pure shooters on the college level ....Prolific outside shooter with a defined role for the NBA level ... Right hander who at 6'6 with long arms has good size for the NBA 2-guard position..... Gets his shot off quickly and can do so without needing much space ...Can dunk on his defenders if he catches opponents napping ...Solid decision maker with a positive a/to ratio ... 1.6 steals per game as a senior showed his progression as a defender / anticipation ... Extremely level headed, doesn't show a great deal of emotion or get rattled easily .

Bridges
Has a very polished 3-point shot. Great form, accuracy and confidence in his shot: Gets his feet set quickly, has a quick release, good elevation, follow through, and shows range and consistency...Has evolved from being a defensive standout to one of the best outside shooters and wings on the college level.. Has improved his ability to attack the rim off the bounce and finish with dunks ..Has become known for being a clutch shooter, and seems to elevate his play in big moments ... Level headed player who rarely loses his cool ... Solid decision maker, 2.1/1.4 a/to rate
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#50 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 19, 2018 12:41 am

Can Fultz shoot?
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#51 » by tiderulz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:43 am

Skin wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i mean that Bridges = Klay. Would you take a player like Klay at #6?

Tide, I see where you're going, but I don't really agree with the Mikal to Klay comparison being all that accurate. Klay is a much better 3pt shooter and Mikal a much better defender and finisher.

Some people have labeled Mikal closer to a Kawhi type. The potential there is what gets me hyped up... but I admit potential can be deceiving.

Klay was a 3-year player at Wash St. shot the 3 pt
Fresh - 41% on 5 shots/game
Soph - 36% on 7 shots/game
Jun - 40% on 7 shots/game

Mikal - 3 year player who shoots 3 more than 2pt shot
Fresh - 30% on 2 shots/game
Soph - 39% on 3 shots/game
Jun - 43% on 6 shots/game

so Klay came in shooting more right away (he was a starter, Mikal a bench player), but both by Junior year were only 1 shot attempt difference with Mikal shooting it better as a sophomore and junior
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#52 » by CZ Eddie » Sat May 19, 2018 1:36 am

I've watched some of Bamba's games and I question his motivation/drive to be the best of the best.
I figure he'll be another Michael Olowokandi.
Keep your politics out of my sports
TheShoe1010
Junior
And1: 295

Post#53 » by TheShoe1010 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 am

I'd pass.

Philly shouldn't give up on him either, he just needs to get his head straight and whatever he brings to the table would be a nice bonus for them. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if he got moved this summer. I think the teams in the tier(s) behind GSW might be aggressive in trying to add talent if they run the table again.

But we should stay put and use our pick unless a good opportunity to move into the top 2 opens for some reason.
matticus90
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#54 » by matticus90 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:06 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Counter proposal to those not interested in Fultz.

Fultz + #10 pick for Fournier + #6 + future protected 1st which downgrades to 2nd if not conveyed.

At 10 we could very well get Bridges to be a 3D to grow alongside the offensive minded Fultz.

They get Young + Evan to replace JJ at a fixed rate they can afford without throughout having to resign their stars.

IF they would agree to that I’d be all over it in a heartbeat, and if the picks were lottery protected. Like I said in my other post I like Trae Young and I’d pick him if we have no other PG options, but Mikal Bridges is the most interesting player to me out of this draft and if we could walk out with Fults AND Bridges I’d be thrilled.

I saw someone say it messes up our cap to do that... I’m not understanding that how does it mess up our cap to drop a few bucks in salary?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#55 » by j-ragg » Sat May 19, 2018 3:41 am

matticus90 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Counter proposal to those not interested in Fultz.

Fultz + #10 pick for Fournier + #6 + future protected 1st which downgrades to 2nd if not conveyed.

At 10 we could very well get Bridges to be a 3D to grow alongside the offensive minded Fultz.

They get Young + Evan to replace JJ at a fixed rate they can afford without throughout having to resign their stars.

IF they would agree to that I’d be all over it in a heartbeat, and if the picks were lottery protected. Like I said in my other post I like Trae Young and I’d pick him if we have no other PG options, but Mikal Bridges is the most interesting player to me out of this draft and if we could walk out with Fults AND Bridges I’d be thrilled.

I saw someone say it messes up our cap to do that... I’m not understanding that how does it mess up our cap to drop a few bucks in salary?

It’d mess up their cap not ours.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#56 » by Foshan » Sat May 19, 2018 12:40 pm

cedric76 wrote:He just doesnt fit next to JOJO and Simmons

I love when other boards talk about Philly players to get a different perspective. I think due to the weirdness of Fultz first year your takes are some what similar to ours, with people eager (and not) to move him.

I tagged this one line, because I think the playoffs exposed how this is exactly opposite of what we have learned. We had to start TJ(!!!) with Ben because we needed someone who was quick enough to defend a small point guard, and who could get into the lane on the dribble to make things collapse to open things up for others. For all of Fultz broken shot drama, those are two things he can do.

I really think we hold on to him.

Best of luck in the draft!
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#57 » by tiderulz » Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Foshan wrote:

I love when other boards talk about Philly players to get a different perspective. I think due to the weirdness of Fultz first year your takes are some what similar to ours, with people eager (and not) to move him.

I tagged this one line, because I think the playoffs exposed how this is exactly opposite of what we have learned. We had to start TJ(!!!) with Ben because we needed someone who was quick enough to defend a small point guard, and who could get into the lane on the dribble to make things collapse to open things up for others. For all of Fultz broken shot drama, those are two things he can do.

thanks for coming over in good spirits and not taking too much of this thread to heart. A lot of hopes and wishes mentioned in here.
darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#58 » by darthmerrick » Sat May 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Sixers are not going to give up on Fultz just yet, unless a star is coming back. He came off an injury and they didn't put too much into his development because how the team and chemistry was already established.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,623

Post#59 » by Skybox » Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Foshan wrote:

That doesn't sound like someone who would throw stuff at Santa :wink:
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#60 » by Furinkazan » Sat May 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:You love this Fultz idea lol.

I'd do it, he's going to be better than anyone at 6.

Isn't it funny, that Mr Anti Tanker wants a former #1 pick. With his love for Fultz, I damn sure bet he wishes we had a top 3 with a shot at Fultz last season. Problem is we half ass tanked like always.

I don't think Ced is really anti tanking. :lol:

must be a tanker in heart :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic