ImageImageImageImage

OT: 2018 World Cup Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,247

Re: OT: 2018 World Cup Thread 

Post#121 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:If we are going to have an OT about a world sport we should at least pick an entertaining one.

Hopefully Novak can crush the ass grabbing Nadal tomorrow.

Not the “crushing” win I was hoping for but I’ll take it!

are you from Serbia or
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#122 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:If we are going to have an OT about a world sport we should at least pick an entertaining one.

Hopefully Novak can crush the ass grabbing Nadal tomorrow.

are you from Serbia or

No.

I’m just a fan of how Novak plays versus Nadal. I also appreciate Novak’s personality whereas Nadal is a dud in interviews.

Regardless it was a fantastic match by both men.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#123 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:18 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

are you from Serbia or

No.

I’m just a fan of how Novak plays versus Nadal. I also appreciate Novak’s personality whereas Nadal is a dud in interviews.

Regardless it was a fantastic match by both men.

Cool, feel you about Nadal :lol:
what i hated about him is a fact that he used to took 5 min of preparation to serve. All that -touch hair, touch forhead, pull pants from a*** -serve ritual made his matches last forever :lol:
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#124 » by spinedoc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Sorry Pepe, France is going to win this one. The way that they dominated time of possession against Belgium, Croatia has an uphill battle. Less than an hour to go, good luck.
Cockers
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#125 » by Cockers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Vive la France!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#126 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Sorry you guys lost Pepe, France were the strongest team in the tournament though and beat Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, and Croatia, very impressive and well deserved
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#127 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Croatia vs Africa .
Laughable that country that has 4-6% of citizens who are black, is represented by 18 of 23 african born players who have zero connections with France but whatever.
It's almost like Lebron playing for China because they payed the most.

since i was in France, to make things, worst, they treat minorities like **** up until they need them for sports ... especially muslims.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#128 » by Xatticus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Croatia vs Africa .
Laughable that country that has 4-6% of citizens who are black, is represented by 18 of 23 african born players who have zero connections with France but whatever.

since i was in France, to make things, worst, they treat minorities like **** up until they need them for sports ... especially muslims.

All but two were born in France (Mandanda and Umtiti). Those two both immigrated to France at the age of two. Every member of that team is a French national independent of their athletic ability.

Estimates are that between 5 and 8 percent of the French population are what we would classify as black, but it's actually illegal in France to classify people according to race.

I can't speak to the socioeconomic inequalities among ethnic groups in France, but I'm quite certain that it would be far more egregious to deny native born citizens the right to represent the national team due to their ethnic origins.

The country that actually only affords citizenship to those capable of playing sports at a high level would be Germany.

It might surprise you to know that only 13 percent of Americans are classified as black. The NBA might give you a false impression of our ethnic composition.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#129 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 am

Xatticus wrote:

All but two were born in France (Mandanda and Umtiti). Those two both immigrated to France at the age of two. Every member of that team is a French national independent of their athletic ability.

Estimates are that between 5 and 8 percent of the French population are what we would classify as black, but it's actually illegal in France to classify people according to race.

I can't speak to the socioeconomic inequalities among ethnic groups in France, but I'm quite certain that it would be far more egregious to deny native born citizens the right to represent the national team due to their ethnic origins.

The country that actually only affords citizenship to those capable of playing sports at a high level would be Germany.

It might surprise you to know that only 13 percent of Americans are classified as black. The NBA might give you a false impression of our ethnic composition.

It's still laughable how 5% of blacks represtend whole country in all sports, in same time same allegedly biggest multi culti France supporters ,who now "love " their blacks, are ones who cried like little b**** in 2015 to close borders and now refuse to take new middle east fugatives and doubled down security on Alps borders to stop African new rout. Double standards much?
Also lack of blacks in leadership positions in country shows. Power of Marine Le Pen (not to mention her father in past ) who thinks that multi culti failed shows that things are not like people pretend they are.
But even if you ignore African orginated people ( basically whole team) ,even Lloris father is from North Catalonia, Giroud granmothers are from Italy, Griezmann ( Portugees mother, father from Germany ) you get to the point where they have grand total of one player born, raised and with parents from France, in country where millions are actually born, raised and are indeed 100% French.
I still belive if your father is from Cameroon, your mother is from Cameroon, you are indeed from Cameroon.

There is also whole layer of problems with Africans who don't speek french in France but that's topic is far away from sports of national teams.

You mentioned 13% of blacks in USA, that's around 40 000 000 people, 5% in France is around what? 4-5M ?

Actually country who goes out and buys their athlets is Saudi Arabia, they were offering $1M to athletes around Europe to attend Olympic games under their flag.
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#130 » by Maikson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:31 am

Congrats to France. It was a good World Cup overall IMO, I've enjoyed it.
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#131 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm

and players didn't even arrived at main square yet

Now my heart is in peace .
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,739

Post#132 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Now that the World Cup is done with, I expect this thread to die down. With that being said, please refrain from bringing race and politics into this particular discussion. There are other threads on this site where discussions of those topics can be talked about. This thread needs to be about soccer, the teams that participated and the champs who won the World Cup, period.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#133 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:19 pm

We're not having this argument, pepe knows he shouldn't have went there. Enjoy your French victory!

- SOUL
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#134 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

It's still laughable how 5% of blacks represtend whole country in all sports, in same time same allegedly biggest multi culti France supporters ,who now "love " their blacks, are ones who cried like little b**** in 2015 to close borders and now refuse to take new middle east fugatives and doubled down security on Alps borders to stop African new rout. Double standards much?
Also lack of blacks in leadership positions in country shows. Power of Marine Le Pen (not to mention her father in past ) who thinks that multi culti failed shows that things are not like people pretend they are.
But even if you ignore African orginated people ( basically whole team) ,even Lloris father is from North Catalonia, Giroud granmothers are from Italy, Griezmann ( Portugees mother, father from Germany ) you get to the point where they have grand total of one player born, raised and with parents from France, in country where millions are actually born, raised and are indeed 100% French.
I still belive if your father is from Cameroon, your mother is from Cameroon, you are indeed from Cameroon.

There is also whole layer of problems with Africans who don't speek french in France but that's topic is far away from sports of national teams.

You mentioned 13% of blacks in USA, that's around 40 000 000 people, 5% in France is around what? 4-5M ?

Actually country who goes out and buys their athlets is Saudi Arabia, they were offering $1M to athletes around Europe to attend Olympic games under their flag.

I’m pretty surprised mods are letting this post stand. Toxic viewpoint imo
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#135 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

I’m pretty surprised mods are letting this post stand. Toxic viewpoint imo

Why?
You know what's toxic? When national celebration turns into complete riot with 500 people arrested, two people dead, 900 destroyed cars.
But heey let's just keep everything always PG and paint it with pink lies so problems don't exist right? Even mayor called thousends of people " handfull of thugs" ?! wtf?

Real, toxic problems are actual ones that are ignored., there is literally nothing worst than being "PG " in this world, that's how extremists always get stronger ,they say and act in ways " politilly corret" ones don't have nuts to do. There is no reason why any topic should ever be taboo.

Does this topic have place in World cup topic? Yes and no, it's still part of the sports and everything that happend after had connection with sport. My country basically triggered war during football game , it's impossible to separate policy and sport. ( even nba, whole cba 2016 made league uncompetitive today but people wanted to be PG and avoid lockout, now whole league is in lockout waiting until somebody from Warriors leave ,gets hurt or does something to get him removed from roster ). Stand up for something or fall for everything my friend.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#136 » by spinedoc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Dude, just stop. Let it die man.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#137 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 am

All I have to say is Mbappe is a bad, bad man. His speed and skill sets is off the chain for only 19.

Appparentlyhis maturity as well. He is donating his WC money to charity.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#138 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 am

yea Mbappe is monster for player of his age.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#139 » by MoMM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 am

axl_c_cool wrote:Sorry you guys lost Pepe, France were the strongest team in the tournament though and beat Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, and Croatia, very impressive and well deserved

Not Brazil, they beat Uruguay.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 845

Post#140 » by axl_c_cool » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm

MoMM wrote:
axl_c_cool wrote:Sorry you guys lost Pepe, France were the strongest team in the tournament though and beat Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, and Croatia, very impressive and well deserved

Not Brazil, they beat Uruguay.

My mistake, it was Belgium who beat Brazil! still a good path to the finals
FORMALLY LC MAGIC

Return to Orlando Magic