ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#401 » by Audi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Just a few more hours until that Red Dead Redemption 2 release. Who's getting it and on what system are you playing it on?

I picked it up at BB last night. Took 2 hours to install (2 discs). Got it on PS4 Pro. Worth the hype so far, I'm 10 minutes in :lol: I had to watch the Magic game.

If you are a trophy/achievment kinda person, estimated platinum is 200 Hours Singleplayer + ??? Hours Multiplayer. :o

Dude I read BB as Blockbuster.

I feel old AF.

Anyway, RDR2 is the absolute bomb. Can’t say enough good about it, everything would just be me acting spoiled about wanting all buildings accessible, things fixed with online, etc.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#402 » by Audi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Furinkazan wrote:

すごい!!!

Seriously, I’ve never been more hyped for a game. I don’t even really like the Yakuza franchise all that much but I own and have played every game in the series due to the native Japanese tracks.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#403 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 am

Had to bump this thread back up and catch up with everyone on the gaming front. The holidays were busy so I did not have the time to post in this thread as I would have liked.

Firing off quick things in my mind:

* Kingdom Hearts 3 has been amazing so far. If anyone else has been playing it or has beaten it, please do not spoil the story for anyone who has not played it yet.

* Smash Bros. Ultimate is so addictive! I try to practice as much as I can to get my skills respectable. Friend code is 3148-9953-7982 for anyone that wants to add me.

* Apex Legends has been a welcomed surprise by Respawn. Battle Royal shooter with excellent controls.

* Resident Evil 2 is amazing as well. Such a beautiful remake of a great game.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#404 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 am

ChosenSavior wrote:Had to bump this thread back up and catch up with everyone on the gaming front. The holidays were busy so I did not have the time to post in this thread as I would have liked.

* Kingdom Hearts 3 has been amazing so far. If anyone else has been playing it or has beaten it, please do not spoil the story for anyone who has not played it yet.

* Smash Bros. Ultimate is so addictive! I try to practice as much as I can to get my skills respectable. Friend code is 3148-9953-7982 for anyone that wants to add me.

* Apex Legends has been a welcomed surprise by Respawn. Battle Royal shooter with excellent controls.

I love the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but I absolutely loathe how far up its own ass the story is. I haven't bought the game yet, but there's a very real chance I just skip all the scenes when I do play it. I really couldn't care less what happens in the story. That being said, I expect to like the game.

Despite being my namesake, I'm just now playing Final Fantasy XV. I was very skeptical of it all along, and I waited until I could get the Royal Edition for 19.99. I like the game but I definitely don't love it.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Showbiz Bear
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#405 » by Showbiz Bear » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am

RE2 is my game of the year (so far). And Apex Legends is a pleasant surprise (finally got my first win today after like 30 matches lol).

If anybody plays 2K, or any multiplayer games, on XBOX 1, hit me up.

GT - Nightforce Cop

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#406 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Had to bump this thread back up and catch up with everyone on the gaming front. The holidays were busy so I did not have the time to post in this thread as I would have liked.

I love the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but I absolutely loathe how far up its own ass the story is. I haven't bought the game yet, but there's a very real chance I just skip all the scenes when I do play it. I really couldn't care less what happens in the story. That being said, I expect to like the game.

Despite being my namesake, I'm just now playing Final Fantasy XV. I was very skeptical of it all along, and I waited until I could get the Royal Edition for 19.99. I like the game but I definitely don't love it.

Yeah the story of Kingdom Hearts is definitely not for everyone. If you didn't rock with the story on the very 1st game, there is no way you are going to like it now. The gameplay as you said is excellent although there could be things they could have done to improve the experience (not map every special action to the triangle button or Y button if you have an XBOX One).

Final Fantasy XV is such a missed opportunity. The game had so much promise but multiple delays along with resources for the game being pulled completely stripped what could have been an incredible experience. I like the game and definitely put my time in grinding but the story just falls flat. They were fixing that part of it with the added episodes but then was forced to stop abruptly so that the focus can be put on Kingdom Hearts 3.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#407 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 am

First Direct of the year from Nintendo is tomorrow. Make sure to set your alarms...

Read on Twitter
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#408 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:38 am

There was a ton to digest from this Nintendo Direct...

Read on Twitter

Immediately excited about Super Mario Maker 2, the Link's Awakening remake, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Astral Chain and Yoshi's Crafted World.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#409 » by orlando1214 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 am

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2, and Apex: Legends as well. I'm almost done with RE2 and I'm so happy with it. It's exactly what I've been wanting from a Resident Evil game, it's so well done. I'm only at the Toy Story world so far in KH3, but I'm really impressed with the game as well. I'm going to try and play a bunch of it this weekend. It's really outstanding how well they capture the look of Toy Story, it's a visual treat for sure.

Apex is the first battle royale game that I'm really loved. PUBG and Fortnite are fine, but I never really got hooked by them. Apex is just doing so many smart things with the ping system, the respawning, the legend powers, and with how the loot and attachment works. The respawning for example really helps with one of the biggest issues I've had with battle royales, and that is the long time you spend collecting loot only to die right away and be thrown back to the lobby just to do it all again. A lot of times when I die now, I'm not out of the game and can be brought back by a teammate getting my banner to a respawn point. It just cuts down on that terrible loop of collecting stuff and then dying over and over again. It makes me more willing to get into fights and I'm getting better because of it.
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#410 » by Maikson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Bump. Anyone playing Sekiro? It's so amazing.

I have to confess that at first I was getting triggered by the game lol, couldn't get used to the combat and almost had a few rage quits. Having too much experience in Dark Souls and Bloodborne won't help here, the dodge is nowhere near as effective as in those two games. But now that I got used to I'm loving it. I'm almost finishing it and after I do that I'll start over.

Plus a tweet about the game created a funny meme, "you chated not only the game but yourself" :lol:
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#411 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3 got a pretty big update yesterday for anyone still playing it...

https://www.newsweek.com/kingdom-hearts-3-update-105-critical-mode-game-patch-notes-1403464

The main additions would be the added difficulty of "Critical Mode" and offering a "New Game+" after beating the story the first time. Personally for me, this game was way too easy so the addition of Critical Mode is very good. They said that there will be new abilities under Critical Mode so I am probably going to go through this game again and see if the game play is different compared to how it was on Proud mode.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#412 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 pm

As for gaming in general, I have been playing the hell out of my Nintendo Switch. Also finally started to play Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 since I never made time for it in the past. In due time, I'll finally start to play some MK11 which I did pick up at launch.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#413 » by ivDT » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:46 am

didn't like the way kof 14 looked and i don't like the way this new samurai shodown looks either. pretty sure i'll still end up getting it, though.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#414 » by ChosenSavior » Fri May 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Can't wait for Death Stranding even though I have no distinct clue about the plot lol. I'm a big believer in Hideo Kojima so I am positive this game will end up being a classic for Sony.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#415 » by ChosenSavior » Fri May 31, 2019 2:50 pm

A remade from the ground up Modern Warfare with cross play support and no more season pass BS? Sign me up...

AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#416 » by AddiFB » Sat Jun 1, 2019 1:16 pm

Been playing MK11. I have always loved MK games from the first game but they lost my interest after a bit they went into the 3D era. I played the games but they felt... wrong. But they got me back at MK9.

11 is a great game. There's so much right here. I loved the story mode. It was interesting all the way and the cutscenes were like a decent or good CGI movie. Not sure about the Rousey casting though..

There are however a few wrongs... grinding, too many currencies, randomized chests in the Krypt (which looks awesome though), Towers of time difficulty, no playable Reptile or cyborgs etc...

I have it on One X and man... the visuals are insane. Probably the best character models I have ever seen and the backdrops are all gorgeous. Gore in 4K HDR is something else :lol:

Is Scorpion's "Chain reaction" the coolest fatality ever or what? I'm a huge Scorpion fan. I just love the character, his story, looks, abilities... to me he's up there with the greatest characters in videogame history.. and he just looks bad ass in 11. If I had the body and looks I'd cosplay the crap out of MK11 Scorpion just to F with the public :lol: I hsd this funny vision of somebody wearing the full MK11 Scorpion outfit in a mall, walking around with the chain in hand, browsing in stores, trying to be a regular citizen... how funny would the average persons face be? :lol: And imagine Scorpion and Sub-Zero sitting at the food court, Sub-Zero with ice cream cone and Scorpion with a steamy hot chipotle :lol: I'd love to see peoples reaction...
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#417 » by KillMonger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Excited about the next gen consoles, I went playstation this generation but I'm not sure if I'll stay playstation next gen. I might go Xbox next but I'm not sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#418 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Solid Snake wrote:Excited about the next gen consoles, I went playstation this generation but I'm not sure if I'll stay playstation next gen. I might go Xbox next but I'm not sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I'll definitely get the new Playstation (been a loyalist since PS1). This might be the first time I get an Xbox as well since I finally have the financial means to splurge, haha. Then again i'm building a gaming PC and I rarely use my Switch so maybe I should just stick to one. :lol:

Not sure about the Google one coming out. Thought about buying the founder's deal but i'm a little skeptical and don't see the point if i'm going to buy consoles anyway. Seems like i'd just be throwing my money away at that point :P
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#419 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Reminder that the Nintendo Direct for E3 is today at 12 pm ET. I'll do my best to catch up on everything gaming wise as a lot was revealed on Sunday and Monday.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#420 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm

That Nintendo Direct was amazing. So much good **** coming out on the Switch.

Return to Orlando Magic