ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#381 » by Maikson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm almost ending Horizon Zero Dawn. This game made me happy while I was playing it, it's one of those rare games that when I finish it I feel some emptiness inside.

Just made all side quests, camps and those things, as it seems the main quest is ending...
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#382 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:53 am

Just a few more hours until that Red Dead Redemption 2 release. Who's getting it and on what system are you playing it on?
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#383 » by Audi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:57 am

Too deep into Odyssey to pick up Red Dead 2. These are the type of games that I like to give my full attention.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#384 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:51 pm

I’m still playing COD. Not sure if Ill get RDR2 unless people are still raving about it towards the holidays. Just seems like a great game, but also a major time sink as well.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#385 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:23 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Just a few more hours until that Red Dead Redemption 2 release. Who's getting it and on what system are you playing it on?

I picked it up at BB last night. Took 2 hours to install (2 discs). Got it on PS4 Pro. Worth the hype so far, I'm 10 minutes in :lol: I had to watch the Magic game.

If you are a trophy/achievment kinda person, estimated platinum is 200 Hours Singleplayer + ??? Hours Multiplayer. :o
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#386 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:17 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Just a few more hours until that Red Dead Redemption 2 release. Who's getting it and on what system are you playing it on?

I picked it up at BB last night. Took 2 hours to install (2 discs). Got it on PS4 Pro. Worth the hype so far, I'm 10 minutes in :lol: I had to watch the Magic game.

If you are a trophy/achievment kinda person, estimated platinum is 200 Hours Singleplayer + ??? Hours Multiplayer. :o

Damn that install time is insane haha! I'm picking it up from BB right now for my XBOX One X. That platinum achievement is nuts!
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#387 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm enjoying Red Dead right now, but actually did not like chapter 1 at all. Starting to pick up now though.

Was honestly super hyped about this game but feeling like I prefer the first one and GTAV more at the moment. Hoping it continues to pick up as the game goes on.

After the first 5 or so hours of playing it, I'd still give it an 8/10.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,206

Post#388 » by thelead » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:56 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:It has been so long since I posted in this thread, I've missed it. Fallout 76 beta goes live on Oct. 23. Anybody preorder for the XBOX One or PS4? Definitely would like to link up with some folks on here once the beta goes live.

I don't know why I can't get into Fallout. It does nothing for me but I love Skyrim and other Elder Scroll games.

Try playing Skirim in VR. It is amazing.

I’ll have to pick up a vive pro once the price drops a bit.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#389 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:38 pm

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:I don't know why I can't get into Fallout. It does nothing for me but I love Skyrim and other Elder Scroll games.

Try playing Skirim in VR. It is amazing.

I’ll have to pick up a vive pro once the price drops a bit.

I went the cheap route and got a Lenovo Explorer for $200. Works great. Plus, you can play just sitting and don't have to move much unless you use a sword. Magic is the best though.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#390 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't have enough time for gaming anymore. :cry:

switched from Horizon Zero Dawn to the new Spiderman game, which has been outstanding so far. I'll try and get back to Horizon at some point, but I want to check out Red Dead 2 and there are a number of games coming out soon that I want to try too.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#391 » by PennytoShaq » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

I keep hearing Horizon Zero Dawn is incredible. I just don’t have time to have both a PS4 and an Xbox. If I did have a PS4, I would be buying that game immediately.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#392 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:I'm enjoying Red Dead right now, but actually did not like chapter 1 at all. Starting to pick up now though.

Was honestly super hyped about this game but feeling like I prefer the first one and GTAV more at the moment. Hoping it continues to pick up as the game goes on.

After the first 5 or so hours of playing it, I'd still give it an 8/10.

Okay, after having played this game for another 20+ hours, I can now say with certainty that this game is as good as the first and definitely gets much better after the slow, and imo, boring start.

Masterpiece.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#393 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Anyone on Black Ops 4 and Red Dead II on XBOX looking to play, my gamer tag is the same as my user name. I am gonna try to be on a lot more on XBOX Live.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#394 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:59 pm

I liked Red Dead 2 from the start, but was annoyed by the pace and controls. Now that I'm 40 hours in, I am so hooked. Everything feels so natural. I spent 3 hours yesterday in a watchtower studying, cataloging, and killing birds. I haven't even progressed past a couple missions in chapter 2 and am nearing 40% completion.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#395 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Nov 2, 2018 4:23 am

rcklsscognition wrote:I liked Red Dead 2 from the start, but was annoyed by the pace and controls. Now that I'm 40 hours in, I am so hooked. Everything feels so natural. I spent 3 hours yesterday in a watchtower studying, cataloging, and killing birds. I haven't even progressed past a couple missions in chapter 2 and am nearing 40% completion.

So much to do for days. Literally. I'm about 50 hours in and only 47% done with the story and about 52% done with everything.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#396 » by AddiFB » Fri Nov 2, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm around 30% in with RDR2 and it looks great with spurts of brilliance.

However, the controls, the weight of Arthur and clumsy moves continuously take me out of the experience and remind me I'm playing a game with rather frustrating controls, pacing and mobility. I don't know how often I've accidentally punched someone (or a horse) or drawn my gun to point it at someones face, ruining the situation and causing me to get wanted and whatnot. The horse also seems unable to avoid trees by itself.

I know Arthur isn't a 14 year old, 40 pound acrobatic teenager but he controls and moves like a 500 pound gorilla often times.

I might be spoiled by the controls of Spider-Man (Arthur isn't Peter Parker, but still...) and Breath of the Wild (where the horses can run through forests at speed without hitting trees). I know Rockstar is aiming with realism here, guy is getting older and whatnot... but sheesh.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#397 » by spinedoc » Sat Nov 3, 2018 3:27 pm

Audi wrote:Too deep into Odyssey to pick up Red Dead 2. These are the type of games that I like to give my full attention.

Same here, but really looking forward to Fallout 76. I'm a huge Bethesda fan, best series ever.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#398 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:52 am

Just got the platinum trophy for Dragon Quest XI. 140 hours well spent, will immediately go down as one of my favorite games ever. It is what it is, and if you don't like JRPGS then it probably wouldn't convert you. But if you do like them, it doesn't really get much better.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#399 » by Maikson » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 am

I've been playing Forza Horizon 4. It's pretty damn good!
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#400 » by Furinkazan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Return to Orlando Magic