ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#81 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Personally I'm cool with the game releasing in December. The game has a roster of 65 characters along with more to be added once the game is launched and going. Considering that the characters (including the echo ones) have their own skill set, frame rate data, etc, I understand why they want to have the extra time to fine tune the game so that it is ready and does not need to be patched at launch (cough cough NBA 2K). If they were just porting the one from the WiiU then you would have seen it release much earlier but everyone has to remember that this is a brand new entry in the series. No telling what other modes they are going to add to it. I also love the fact that this will have Gamecube controller support.

The wait will be completely worth it. This allows me to get back in the lab and improve my skills so that I'll be ready for this one.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#82 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Tbh they need the extra few months to nerf up Ridley a bit haha! Right now, Ridley looks completely OP based on the fights I saw when they were doing the demo of the game in the Nintendo Treehouse.
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#83 » by the_hobo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Maddens trailer with onehanded Shaq Griffin was awesome. Hes gonna be a fan favorite for sure
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#84 » by bargnanimvp » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Driguez wrote:Any Switch gamers out there? Been considering to get one because I have a soft spot for Nintendo and to get my son into Nintendo and stuff. Any must buy games?

I have one, solid line up of games. Must buys for me are zelda, mario odyssey and mario rabbids (huge surprise how much i loved that game). Mario kart if you like mario kart, splatoon if you want a shooter kinda game that also works for kids. I was kind of hoping they'd announce some sort of new iteration of the console coming because I'm not that impressed with some areas of the console but it's not a big deal.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#85 » by Audi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 am

As a PS4Pro owner, I’m really looking forward to the exclusive Ghost of Tsushima...looks incredible. All they need to do now is give the option of Japanese voice acting w/ English subtitles (I’m a true Japanophile) for that realistic immersion and I’m a happy camper.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#86 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 am

Audi wrote:As a PS4Pro owner, I’m really looking forward to the exclusive Ghost of Tsushima...looks incredible. All they need to do now is give the option of Japanese voice acting w/ English subtitles (I’m a true Japanophile) for that realistic immersion and I’m a happy camper.

They have confirmed you will be able to play in Japanese with English subs.

Gamers love authentic experiences, and developer Sucker Punch seems to be attempting to provide one with their upcoming action game, Ghost of Tsushima, which can be played entirely in Japanese with English subtitles.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#87 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 am

This game is going to look so beautiful running in 4K on a PS4 Pro...

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#88 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:25 am

Still on cloud nine that the best Resident Evil IMO got a full remake and it looks fantastic:

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#89 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 am

Not sure if anyone else pre-ordered Fallout 76 already but I just got my invitation code to participate in the upcoming beta from Amazon.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#90 » by dsg2021 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 am

I play PS4 and Rainbow Six Siege only, sometimes Call of Duty (and pumped for BO4 coming out soon!). Been meaning to try other shooters like Overwatch, but I’m still addicted to RB6! Got gold rank last season, but I play casual and for fun most of the time. Add me if you want: dsg4041

I did play the Dead Space series a long while ago though. I really, really recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome horror-shooter adventure.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#91 » by WeAreVenom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:08 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Tbh they need the extra few months to nerf up Ridley a bit haha! Right now, Ridley looks completely OP based on the fights I saw when they were doing the demo of the game in the Nintendo Treehouse.

Lol he literally looked like a Boss character in the trailer I saw.....I hope they tone him down a little too or else I can see him being spammed online.

I missed on on the Smash for Wii U so I can't wait for this one.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#92 » by WeAreVenom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:This game is going to look so beautiful running in 4K on a PS4 Pro...

Good God, this is my first time seeing this trailer.....
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#93 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Finally finished God of War with 100% completion. One of the best single player experiences I've had in a very long time. I'm sad that it is over for now lol.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,031

Post#94 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm

thelead wrote:I've never been a Smash fan but I'll give this one a go. That December release is disappointing though.

I like the Smash games and have gotten every one but the WiiU/3DS version (because it was exactly like Brawl), but it does tend to get overrated a lot.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#95 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Finally finished God of War with 100% completion. One of the best single player experiences I've had in a very long time. I'm sad that it is over for now lol.

Gonna get it eventually, but also really wanna play the two PSP games and Ascension. Heard amazing things about it though.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#96 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game of all time and I honestly teared a little bit out of pure excitement at that Pirates trailer. It's been 13 long years since the last numbered KH game. So excited!
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#97 » by Maikson » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Been playing God of War and really enjoying. Not a big fan of the old ones, but love this new one with some sort of Dark Souls gameplay style. I was facing the last Valkyrie a week ago, but I had to stop playing because I'm moving to another apartment and my life is crazy busy right now.

I have a question for you guys that live in the US, a silly curiosity: how do you feel about PC gaming on a high end systems, is it too expensive? How much damage it does to an average Joe's budget buying a high end PC there?
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#98 » by thelead » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Maikson wrote:Been playing God of War and really enjoying. Not a big fan of the old ones, but love this new one with some sort of Dark Souls gameplay style. I was facing the last Valkyrie a week ago, but I had to stop playing because I'm moving to another apartment and my life is crazy busy right now.

I have a question for you guys that live in the US, a silly curiosity: how do you feel about PC gaming on a high end systems, is it too expensive? How much damage it does to an average Joe's budget buying a high end PC there?

I'm all about high end PC gaming. It's absolutely worth it but it is expensive. I don't worry to much about the budget part just because you can start small and build your way up. For example, you can start off with a simple build (low end GPU, 8GB of RAM, small ssd, etc.) and then over time, upgrade pieces. That's how I started. I would say you would need roughly $2,000 to build a high end pc right now but again, you don't need to start there to enjoy pc gaming. $1,200 would get someone a great machine that you could upgrade over the next 2 or 3 years.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#99 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Constantly upgrading a PC every 2-3 years is why I don't do it. That, and the fact that I just love the PS4 exclusives, like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts (before III) etc. I'm not a big fan of games like Undertale, PUBG, etc.

But if you're into those kinds of games and have the money to make one and upgrade constantly, I'd say go for it.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#100 » by thelead » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:Constantly upgrading a PC every 2-3 years is why I don't do it. That, and the fact that I just love the PS4 exclusives, like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts (before III) etc. I'm not a big fan of games like Undertale, PUBG, etc.

But if you're into those kinds of games and have the money to make one and upgrade constantly, I'd say go for it.

It depends on what you use your pc for though. I use my pc for development/VM's/music creation and gaming... so I justify putting in a few hundred each year... and when the CPU/Mobo/RAM get semi-old, I swap those out and keep the PSU, SSD's, GPU, etc.

Return to Orlando Magic