ImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 7.0: The Final Countdown

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Re: Draft Thread 7.0: The Final Countdown 

Post#81 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:53 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Anybody going to the arena to party on draft night?

Hell no. I didn’t it in 2015 and I’ll never go back. I’ve got a 70 in tv, booze, and food. I’m having my own draft party.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#82 » by Magic4champ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 am

My fearless forecast is Trae Young at 6th. Welcome to the new era of small ball Magic style.

Magic starters
Young PG
Augustin SG
Fournier SF
AG PF
Isaac C

Bench
Simmons
Mack
Biyombo

Look for Vuc trade for either LA or Griz for cap relief
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#83 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:49 am

Read on Twitter
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#84 » by EAS Law » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 am

Even Highlight videos of MPJ leave me unimpressed. I truly don't think we need a big of any kind, but I expect Bamba to be the pick for two reasons--I'm positive WeHam is attempting to assemble a team around a physical archetype like Isaac or Giannis and they'll be looking for the next Giannis for the duration of their time here every year. Secondly, I'm just conditioned to believe the player I'd want drafted least will be the pick.

I know I sound like a broken record with that, and I hope I am wrong, but I see WeHam as extremely predictable so far. My hope is that we actually address our desperate need for offense and at least introduce the threat of a deadly 3-pt shooter. The concept of playing stifling defense isn't working the way we anticipated. I believe the reason a team like the Ws seems so amazing defensively has a lot to do with reasons similar to why we used to be in 2009-- their team defense (as opposed to individual stoppers) works well and the fact that they will take over all momentum in 3 possessions with their 3-pt. shooting takes over games.

It may seem silly, but having a team that can come back from virtually any deficit and go on massive runs will really rattle another team's confidence and push them into mistakes on the other end of the floor. Our last 5 years have shown us that when we get down, we are toast and then it gets ugly. We have no offensive firepower.

Really hoping for Trae or Doncic slipping-- would be ok with Bamba if those options are gone. Sexton sounds like Elf v2.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#85 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 am

EAS Law wrote:Even Highlight videos of MPJ leave me unimpressed. I truly don't think we need a big of any kind, but I expect Bamba to be the pick for two reasons--I'm positive WeHam is attempting to assemble a team around a physical archetype like Isaac or Giannis and they'll be looking for the next Giannis for the duration of their time here every year. Secondly, I'm just conditioned to believe the player I'd want drafted least will be the pick.

I know I sound like a broken record with that, and I hope I am wrong, but I see WeHam as extremely predictable so far. My hope is that we actually address our desperate need for offense and at least introduce the threat of a deadly 3-pt shooter. The concept of playing stifling defense isn't working the way we anticipated. I believe the reason a team like the Ws seems so amazing defensively has a lot to do with reasons similar to why we used to be in 2009-- their team defense (as opposed to individual stoppers) works well and the fact that they will take over all momentum in 3 possessions with their 3-pt. shooting takes over games.

It may seem silly, but having a team that can come back from virtually any deficit and go on massive runs will really rattle another team's confidence and push them into mistakes on the other end of the floor. Our last 5 years have shown us that when we get down, we are toast and then it gets ugly. We have no offensive firepower.

Really hoping for Trae or Doncic slipping-- would be ok with Bamba if those options are gone. Sexton sounds like Elf v2.

WeHam seem very predictable so far and everything they have done screams boring and uninspired. However like I have said before I am going to give these guys time to get things in order and not rush anything.

Doncic/ Bagley/ Trae/ Bamba/ JJJr are the order I would like to see us draft. I am hoping we can package the 2 second rounders and Vuc and get into end of lottery for Knox but I think he will be gone by then.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#86 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:59 am

My prediction, both young and Porter will go top 4 and either doncic or Bamba will fall to us at 6 and that will be our pick
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#87 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:01 am

EAS Law wrote: Sexton sounds like Elf v2.

No way, sexyon is so much better than elf ever was coming out and has a much better offensive game, both scoring and passing
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,980

Post#88 » by MagicMatic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 am

GortatExpress wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Even Highlight videos of MPJ leave me unimpressed. I truly don't think we need a big of any kind, but I expect Bamba to be the pick for two reasons--I'm positive WeHam is attempting to assemble a team around a physical archetype like Isaac or Giannis and they'll be looking for the next Giannis for the duration of their time here every year. Secondly, I'm just conditioned to believe the player I'd want drafted least will be the pick.

WeHam seem very predictable so far and everything they have done screams boring and uninspired. However like I have said before I am going to give these guys time to get things in order and not rush anything.

Doncic/ Bagley/ Trae/ Bamba/ JJJr are the order I would like to see us draft. I am hoping we can package the 2 second rounders and Vuc and get into end of lottery for Knox but I think he will be gone by then.

The two players I could see WeHam picking are Bamba and Young.

Bamba because it’s their predictable length pick and Young because he fits a need and they claimed to value shooting. Outside of those two, JJJ is a dark horse for them. I would be shocked honestly with anything other pick.

I’m done getting my hopes up. There’s no way we are landing Bagley or Doncic (the only two players I feel are going to be elite). I’m also a fan of Bridges, but I doubt he is taken before 7-8.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,729

Post#89 » by thelead » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 am

The Effect wrote:
EAS Law wrote: Sexton sounds like Elf v2.

No way, sexyon is so much better than elf ever was coming out and has a much better offensive game, both scoring and passing

Passing??? Sexton averaged 3 assists and 3 turnovers per game...
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,729

Post#90 » by thelead » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 am

So, let’s say Bamba is on the board at six, would you trade the pick for Jaylen Brown?
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#91 » by fendilim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:35 am

thelead wrote:So, let’s say Bamba is on the board at six, would you trade the pick for Jaylen Brown?

yes
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#92 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:51 am

thelead wrote:So, let’s say Bamba is on the board at six, would you trade the pick for Jaylen Brown?

Never.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#93 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 am

Did we work out Bamba?Did anybody?
fendilim
RealGM

Post#94 » by fendilim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:Did we work out Bamba?Did anybody?

no worries, we drafted isaac even if he didnt workout for us.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#95 » by zaymon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think we can all agree Weltman sees Isaac as a new cornerstone. From his interviews from year ago we can deduct he was first or second on his big board. I will write my opinion about this year top picks fit next to isaac.

Young - offensive fit A+, defensive B-
As a primary creator he hides Isaac deficiency on offense. With his passing he can enable Isaacs spot up shooting which he will do better than dj. If Isaac develops his off the dribble shooting, and he showed glimpses, he will have more space thanks to Trae. On the other hand, Isaac pulls one forward out of the paint for Youngs drives.
Defensively Isaac makes switching on Young less effective becouse of his superb Instincts. Trae is fast enough to try to funel players into Jonathan, and smart enough to close some passing lanes when playing team defense. Its hard to find better player to cover for Young than Isaac cant get A becouse of physique.

Carter off B+, def A-
Offensively its a mixed bag but 3 point shooting, good decision making is good with anyone, post moves are thing Isaac lacks and Carter big body makes him a potentially good screener. Its not A becouse Carter isnt especially good at attacking close outs yet.
Defensively Wendell protects Isaac from bigger players, gives us second smart team defender, shrinks floor with his wingspan. Perimeter defense matters most when you are on ball defender but than Dj, Fournier are less liability. He has best ability to position smartly and enable Isaac off ball defense from this draft big man.

Bamba off C, def A-
On offense its worst fit you can imagine. Poor 3 point shot equals no space, and Isaac cant create his own shot, awful passing disables more opportunities which for example Carter, JJJ can give. Minimal driving ability puts even more pressure on our offense.
Defensively its good but not as good as it seems. They are not good transition players which is a huge blow to this strategy. Bamba didnt show exceptional feel for the game which is troublesoke. His thin frame will make it difficult to play them both against bigger centers. Perimeter defense is not that much better than Carter.

Porter off B-, def B

They are not a good fit on offense, both with limited handle, below average passing. Its not a C becouse Porter has potential to be primary scorer and than Isaac 3 point shot is more than enough but other than that its not good.
Defensively it has potential for A, both long athletic, fluid, but Porters lack of defensive awareness, effort makes it a B

Bagley off A-, def B-

On offense its so promising, becouse Bagley can use all the space Isaac provides. His driving, creating his own shot is all Isaac needs in a partner. Minus is for shaky 3 point shot, suspect passing, finishing with only one hand.
Defensively it has potential, espiecially in switch heavy scheme. Perhaps biggest potential in whole draft, but his lack of instincts, knowledge limits the floor here. Another thing is his limited strength at this stage of development.

Doncic off A-, def B

Doncic is insanely skilled but his true strength lies in decision making on the move which Isaac cannot trigger consistently limiting potential for now.
Defensively it can be fine or very bad. If Doncic becomes below average defender you can attack him even without switch and have one or two less off ball defenders in Dj, Fournier, or attack dj/Fournier and have one less skilled off ball defender at most versatile wing position. Doncic is smart and strong which puts his fit at average position

Jaren Jackson off A-, def A+

This is quite interesting fit. If JJJ develops further his passing and driving which he showed a little it can be best fit among all big man, if not its still average.
Defensively it could be our opponents worst nightmare. Two long, athetic guys with superb Instincts, balanced perimeter and post defense. Isaac even balances JJJ suspect rebounding

Ayton off B+, def B+

Ayton has the highest potential on offense, but his fit next to Isaac is questionable. As always 3 point shot helps, but Ayton is not elite driver, and only average passer.
Defensively its similar to Bagley but with better post defense, rebounding, same weaknesses potentially devastating.

I wanted to start new thread with some interesting post hope you all enjoy. Remember i rated fit next to Isaac not their offense and defense in vaccum. Dj and Fournier were just examples.

come on JJ is A- A+ you basicy rated him best fit...
I dont see it

He is not best offensive option for sure but he showed glimpses in the areas Isaac lacks. I think his potential as a 3 point threat, attacker off the dribble, unselfish passer is second to none. Maybe its closer to B+ but his ceiling is really high
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
fendilim
RealGM

Post#96 » by fendilim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 am

I actually like JJJ, doubt he’ll be available. Gonna be tough passing on one/two of the three between JJJ Young and Bamba if they somehow are available at 6th.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#97 » by Patrick1978 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am

Magic will draft wendell carter, jerome robinson and jevon carter.
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#98 » by Magic4champ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 am

Personally I like JJJ, Bamba when Clifford enforce a 4out 1 in offense. But if the bigs is not available I will take Trae Young to complement Isaac and AG.

Top 3 going in the draft if avaklable
1. JJJ
2. BAMBA
3. Trae Young

Wont be dissapointed with any of the 3.

Hope we can trade up for another late 1 st round pick with Di Vicenzo. We can package our 2 2nd rd and either Vuc Or Ross for a late 1st round
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#99 » by cedric76 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:17 am

Magic Draft board

Doncic
JJJ
Bamba
Young

One of the top 3 available at #6, you trade it
if not try to Trade the Pick (fultz+#10)

if cant trade Pick, you draft young and see him get abuse 24/7 on switch :-(

I cant see weham and steve going for a guy like that, they like defense.

Curry is far better than him and opposing team keep going at curry, so imagine what they ll do to young
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga