ImageImageImageImage

We still need a point guard. Who should we target?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Re: We still need a point guard. Who should we target? 

Post#921 » by NotACat » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:14 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who even is this person?
Black Lives Matter
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#922 » by Darth Magic » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:20 am

Knightro wrote:Rubio only has one year left on his contract.

I think Utah envisions Exum taking over the PG spot after this season and paid him accordingly.

I've been mulling a Fournier for Rubio and a late pick for a while now. But I just don't know if we can afford to lose Fourniers shooting and scoring.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#923 » by Global Game » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:14 am

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#924 » by The Effect » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:24 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What if.............Its not really Rozier we are calling about??

To me, as an outside, i see Rozier as being untouchable in boston. It would be like tryng to trade for Tatum, no point in asking, but the reason i think that is that ainge knows kyrie doesnt want to be there and is going to leave for his own team next year. So what if its actually Kyrie that we are trying to get? I know that its extremely unlikely, but it makes sense on paper

Kyrie wants to be the man, something he wont be in Boston with tatum, brown and hayward there, so i think he would welcome coming here and playing in the same offense that helped Kemba become a star. Also finanacially he would make more playing in orlando than NY or Boston. And if we can find a way to trade Evan and biyombo (HUGE if) by next years draft, we could be in line to sign his buddy Jimmy Butler. Imagine that line up Irving\butler\isaac\gordon\bamba!!

I know we dont have alot to offer Boston, but seeing how Ainge operates, im sure he would love to have our 1st rounder next year, which id be more than happy to trade if Kyrie let it be known to management he would sign an extension here. Maybe something like our 1st plus Vuc and simmons expiring deals?

Against, i know it EXTREMELY unlikely that this is even been discussed by management, but i really think its a win-win for both teams
JC11
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#925 » by JC11 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:37 am

The Effect wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

To me, as an outside, i see Rozier as being untouchable in boston. It would be like tryng to trade for Tatum, no point in asking, but the reason i think that is that ainge knows kyrie doesnt want to be there and is going to leave for his own team next year. So what if its actually Kyrie that we are trying to get? I know that its extremely unlikely, but it makes sense on paper

Kyrie wants to be the man, something he wont be in Boston with tatum, brown and hayward there, so i think he would welcome coming here and playing in the same offense that helped Kemba become a star. Also finanacially he would make more playing in orlando than NY or Boston. And if we can find a way to trade Evan and biyombo (HUGE if) by next years draft, we could be in line to sign his buddy Jimmy Butler. Imagine that line up Irving\butler\isaac\gordon\bamba!!

I know we dont have alot to offer Boston, but seeing how Ainge operates, im sure he would love to have our 1st rounder next year, which id be more than happy to trade if Kyrie let it be known to management he would sign an extension here. Maybe something like our 1st plus Vuc and simmons expiring deals?

Against, i know it EXTREMELY unlikely that this is even been discussed by management, but i really think its a win-win for both teams

whilst this is just a pipe dream, these are the scenarios you'd hope that management of an NBA organisation are working through. it's too good to happen but damn it's fun to dream!
Spoiler:
It's all just a game.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#926 » by tiderulz » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:19 pm

The Effect wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

naaa. Kyrie see's all these super teams being built. He wont want to leave a team that at least has a chance to compete just to be the man on a losing team.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,359

Post#927 » by Knightro » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:04 pm

I wouldn’t trade for Kyrie given his impending free agency.

Seems like a virtual guarantee that he would sulk through like 55-60 games (and routinely miss time with a “sore knee”) and then bolt for the Knicks or Nets at the end of the season.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 585

Post#928 » by MasterGMer » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:17 pm

We don't need Kyrie...
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#929 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:54 pm

Seeing how the ball will be in JI and AG's hands more, we need a PG that can do more off the ball and provide more than just scoring. Exum was perfect.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#930 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jul 7, 2018 4:02 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/point-guard/

There are some interesting names on this list. I still feel that Kemba is the most interesting by far. The only way I see him coming here though is if we can prove we are a playoff team this year. IT on a one year deal is the best way for that to happen still. If we get the 7-8 seed this year then I think we could sell Kemba on being the missing piece.
vip3r
Ballboy
And1: 36

Post#931 » by vip3r » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:47 pm

Assuming we don't get IT, I wouldn't mind signing Caupain and letting him and Briscoe fight over the backup minutes behind DJ. DJ is a veteran, can shoot and good passer when he wants to be. That is all we need for this year since we are developing our big guys. Then we could look at the free agent market next season or even a trade at the deadline
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#932 » by zaymon » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:11 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Seeing how the ball will be in JI and AG's hands more, we need a PG that can do more off the ball and provide more than just scoring. Exum was perfect.

I think its the opposite. Isaac shot catch and shoot and after 1-2 dribbles mostly. We will see what he shows tomorrow, but last game was on Coupain and Briscoe creating. It takes so much pressure of them when they are developing. They can do it from time to time but when you force them to do it before they have necessary skills its setting them up for failure.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#933 » by Bakomagic » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:30 pm

zaymon wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Seeing how the ball will be in JI and AG's hands more, we need a PG that can do more off the ball and provide more than just scoring. Exum was perfect.

I think its the opposite. Isaac shot catch and shoot and after 1-2 dribbles mostly. We will see what he shows tomorrow, but last game was on Coupain and Briscoe creating. It takes so much pressure of them when they are developing. They can do it from time to time but when you force them to do it before they have necessary skills its setting them up for failure.

I saw Isaac score on jump shot after curling off a pick and roll started aft the top of the key, face up triple threat in the mid post, an iso situation between the 3 pt line and the free throw using a couple combination crossovers before a midrange jumper, and a mid post back down into a fadeaway baseline jumper and was fouled and earned free throws on a couple iso situations where he drove to the basket.

I don't remember many situations where he scored in a catch and shoot off someone else penetration last game.

He also rimmed out a bunch of good looking shots in other iso situations, I love that he said after the game that he needs to look to get to the rim more. Impressed with his improved ball handling. Loved seeing Isaac running the pick and roll as the ball handler.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#934 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:50 am

I really hope we are not done making trades. We still need a starting point guard on this team.
Global Game
Junior
And1: 70

Post#935 » by Global Game » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 am

The team needs a master facilitator at the point.

The offensive weapons are here.
They need a Steve Nash type high level assist creator.

Kevin Pangos
Thomas Heurtel
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#936 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:18 am

T Ross said wait on it.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#937 » by woosah » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:27 am

PrimeShaq wrote:I really hope we are not done making trades. We still need a starting point guard on this team.

How do you think things will turn out for Angola? You think he has a shot to make a team?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#938 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 am

vip3r wrote:Assuming we don't get IT, I wouldn't mind signing Caupain and letting him and Briscoe fight over the backup minutes behind DJ. DJ is a veteran, can shoot and good passer when he wants to be. That is all we need for this year since we are developing our big guys. Then we could look at the free agent market next season or even a trade at the deadline

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#939 » by zaymon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
vip3r wrote:Assuming we don't get IT, I wouldn't mind signing Caupain and letting him and Briscoe fight over the backup minutes behind DJ. DJ is a veteran, can shoot and good passer when he wants to be. That is all we need for this year since we are developing our big guys. Then we could look at the free agent market next season or even a trade at the deadline

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Its definetly an option but Briscoe seems better and i would be more happy to sign a shooter on a two way contract
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#940 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 am

ORL_on_FIRE wrote:T Ross said wait on it.

so Ross is our secret GM?

like SNASA?and sMoon?

Return to Orlando Magic